Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2015 4:39 PM
Mar 2014
All aboard the feel train!
Mar 17, 2015 3:49 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, what started out as the silliest episode turned out to be the most emotional. I completely forgot about the cheesiness of the arcade game the moment the characters turned on the water works. Sometimes hardcore crying can come off as over the top but this was done well. One character was wrongfully robbed of her chance to start over after being continuously cheated out of happiness while the other regrets his naive decision of stopping his life short despite having so much to live for.

Another thing I'm noticing is that although there is a negative connotation behind the characters who are given the void, that perhaps it is reflective of the sums of their lives. For Yousuke, the reincarnation gives him a second chance at appreciating the life he took for granted. Misaki, on the other hand, would have probably continued to suffer cruelty and unfairness even if she was reincarnated. What gets me though is how the people who are left behind now deal with the consequences and end result, regardless of the outcome.
Mar 19, 2015 4:22 AM
Dec 2012
These random people I barely know about keep popping up in each episode, you expect me to feel for them? Hell no! The story, animation is good. But, the character development of this series is very bad. It reminds me of a series called Sengoku Collection.
Mar 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
That episode! I had taken a little break after the 3th episode, because of the strong emotional impact felt on that occasion, but on closer inspection even this episode is no joke regarding involvement. Narratively was wonderful, I was fascinated by the events again. A little sorry for the final, on that occasion, I would not be able to decide who to send to Hell. This anime is formidable, has managed at least until now, to make myself a participant in the plot, involving me 100%.
Mar 24, 2015 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
c_ivan13 said:
why did the lady go to hell. all i can guesss was that she didnt really care about her kids since the older ones stared at her with a little hate and then she also did fuck in the hall while her children where sleeping in the room. kinda wish they would have elaborated a little bit more on why the otakus mom left and said she wished he was never born.

She wasn't above hurting people for her own gain: when the ball popped off the top of her joystick, she freaked out and smashed her opponent's head against the glass until he fell unconscious. Before she died, she smacked around that employee who ended up killing her. Also, she was way too concerned about how she and the people around her looked and manipulated them (like you see at the start when she thinks Quindecim is a tv show set) into doing what she wanted. She had a hard life, but she chose to hurt people to climb up the ladder so to speak.
Mar 24, 2015 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
Epicenter said:
Honestly, I think they should of both gone to hell. What I don't understand is the people who said the woman had it worse, the guy since being a child was hated by his mother and he had no part in the abuse he received. The woman was a teenager with a fully functioning brain and will and WILLING got involved with some dude from what we saw she barely knew having sex unprotected and grew up to marry him, and then as an adult continued to hook up with abusive partners-I don't think that can be a coincidence, she must like living on the wild side with such people instead of learning her lesson-. Actually, come to think of it, she's a worse human than the guy, just because you got abused doesn't mean it's okay to abuse others psychically and as their employer.

Still, the guy was pathetic and I can't feel sorry for him, killing yourself and being all grumpy all the time just because your mother didn't love you and your parents got divorce is weak, should of just manned up at least his dad tolerated. And hey, he didn't have to call that woman his momma if that's his choice, but killing yourself? Come on, you already lived up to like 20 something, suicide is on some teen shit.

Do you have any experience whatsoever with depression?
Mar 27, 2015 6:31 PM
Oct 2014
The woman went to the void because she was self-serving. She blamed the world for her problems and her bad decisions and even saw her own children as a burden.

She fits into that stereotypical shallow, plastic lifestyle archetype where she feels entitled to good things without working for it and incapable of dealing with and taking responsibility for when things don't go her way. Hence her extreme behavior when started losing at a game that clearly was designed to let the other guy win.

The guy however was clearly suffering from depression. He became a shut-in and couldn't connect with people trying to reach out to him. He pushed away real people that loved him and just played videogames. Thus life became meaningless to him hence he committed suicide.

In the end the woman continued screaming for entitlement and blaming the world for her misfortunes. She remained a victim of her flawed character. The guy however understood his mistake and regretted that he couldn't return the love of his step-mom. He deserved another chance.
Apr 1, 2015 8:06 AM
May 2012
Holy shit. This is why you should think before doing something. One decision can change everything, man.
Decim is a good man.
Apr 2, 2015 2:37 AM
Apr 2015
Ramkec said:
It seems as Decim's judging is getting shitty again, even tho the little boss girl warned him about this a couple of episodes earlier.

No way the woman was supposed to be sent to hell, and the otaku fucker got the heaven spot, who killed himself out of nothing.

Decim fucked up again.

Well, the woman may have had it hard in life, but she treated others around her badly, she physicaly abused her employees for example. And you can see that she didn't treat her children that well.
Near the end she cried for her own misery. Now that she finally had it good she gets killed.
But the boy showed regret for not making his stepmum happy, now that he realises how much she meant to him.
Apr 2, 2015 8:46 PM
Aug 2012
I think the decision was right. The woman did not regret any of her sins, she just wanted to come back to life and I bet she would live the same way after some time.

But the boy cried repentance so he got another chance.
Apr 3, 2015 5:36 AM
Dec 2013
WHat the hell?! That was a woman!? THought his step-mom was a dude..
Apr 4, 2015 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
Hahhh... this episode was surprisingly good.
I seriously don't get how they're judge anymore..
The mother who turned over a new leaf sent to hell ?
Ah well.. I know she can't run away from her previous crimes.
But the guy who threw his own life away gets another chance ?
This is a bit funny.. even though he was hurt on the receiving end.
They both had unfortunate circumstances. That's sad.
Apr 4, 2015 11:23 AM
Jan 2010
AnimeAndy said:
The woman went to the void because she was self-serving. She blamed the world for her problems and her bad decisions and even saw her own children as a burden.

She fits into that stereotypical shallow, plastic lifestyle archetype where she feels entitled to good things without working for it and incapable of dealing with and taking responsibility for when things don't go her way. Hence her extreme behavior when started losing at a game that clearly was designed to let the other guy win.

The guy however was clearly suffering from depression. He became a shut-in and couldn't connect with people trying to reach out to him. He pushed away real people that loved him and just played videogames. Thus life became meaningless to him hence he committed suicide.

In the end the woman continued screaming for entitlement and blaming the world for her misfortunes. She remained a victim of her flawed character. The guy however understood his mistake and regretted that he couldn't return the love of his step-mom. He deserved another chance.

This is a great summation of the reasoning behind the characters ultimate fate's, the guy reflected on his life and saw what he had done wrong, the woman reflected on her life and concluded life had treated here wrong. The earlier episodes made it clear that the game is supposed to display ones humanity. The people saying "OMG Why did she go to the void?" seem to have missed the bit where she slowly beat someone into unconsciousness by pounding his head into glass. If they werent already dead that likely would have killed the guy. How much more darkness do you want her to display? She's sympathetic in some areas but clearly flawed in others i.e. shes a "human" character
Apr 5, 2015 2:29 PM

May 2012
Very nice! Really like where this is going!
Apr 5, 2015 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Sad episode :( The fighting game cabinets were a nice touch though.
Apr 10, 2015 1:13 PM

Dec 2008
These stories stir me like no other. 10/10 this anime is perfect. Feels in every episode
Apr 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
Man...this episode pulled at my heartstrings.
Apr 30, 2015 1:54 AM

Jun 2012
Screw that "Should've sent them both to the Void."
How long will it last
May 3, 2015 5:30 AM

Sep 2008
This is the best episode of all twelve. I cried like a child.
May 8, 2015 3:01 PM
May 2015
the boy should have gone to hell instead of the woman!

she had excuse for being so crappy, pregnant at young age, wrong choices and beaten by someone who supposed to love her, he had to be mean to other to survive!!!
and the boy who got reincarnation was a selfish brat, had a nice family, nice food, his step mother treated him well, nice toys, nice videogames and he decided to suicide anyway?!
May 9, 2015 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
The feels were so real this episode. 5/5 Ep and show 10/10 so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2015 3:52 PM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far.
Damn, that got me crying a bit there... Dem feels were too strong *.*
Obviously the boy deserved Reincarnation 'cause he couldn't be blamed for anything that has happened to him. On top of that, he never did anything wrong during his entire life (suicide and not relating to his step-mother is totally understandable, considering everything he's been throught). The woman kinda deserved Reincarnation too, considering everything she had been throught.... But then, because of all the trouble she had in her life, she started acting like a bitch and all that.... I guess that was why she was sent to the Void. I disagree thought, I think she should get Reincarnated as well...

Anyway, on to the next episode already!
May 11, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2011
lymli said:
the boy should have gone to hell instead of the woman!

she had excuse for being so crappy, pregnant at young age, wrong choices and beaten by someone who supposed to love her, he had to be mean to other to survive!!!
and the boy who got reincarnation was a selfish brat, had a nice family, nice food, his step mother treated him well, nice toys, nice videogames and he decided to suicide anyway?!

That's where the difference is.

The boy grew up in a broken home & became depressed / self-loathing as he grew up to become a testament of that. The step-mother came in at a point and tried healing those wounds, but Yosuke was already hurt too deep to do anything about it. Yosuke realized his flaws & showed his regret for his choices. The woman, did not. As others said, she blamed the world for her problems & even though at the end she made it a point that she'd give anything to be back with her children, it was too late. She had shown her dark-side, blamed her turmoils on the world, but instead of being the good mother & doing right by it she followed the same path. Hence, we can see as she was easily able to physically hurt people like her manager without batting an eye. In a way at the end, she came to a point of enlightenment, but it was too late for her.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 17, 2015 1:43 PM
Jan 2012
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY GOT SENT TO?
May 25, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2013
Tokoya said:
I must say that I really like how realistic this series gets because the situation with both persons really does happen in real life but what really impressed me is that this show isn't afraid to tackle serious things like Abuse, Depression and Suicide

Agreed, great job on their part.

Poor Yousuke, at the time it really feels the best decision, when you reflect, not so much:/
May 27, 2015 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
ngl I bawled
Jun 1, 2015 7:43 AM

Jan 2015
That Women deserve to go in hell very right decision
Jun 1, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2015
sagenova said:
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHERE THEY GOT SENT TO?

above the Lift there is always the face of devil when they got to hell
Jun 1, 2015 7:47 AM

May 2015
I feel bad for them
but it was okay
5/5
Jun 11, 2015 12:17 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I can see why misaki went to the void ._.

Jun 11, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2010
benedetto said:
Really emotional episode. I actually got a bit teary-eyed towards the end.

Me too! I had to cry because the woman seemed like a real asshole, but she was very bitter from how life ended up treating her. Can't decide was she a good mother, because she seemed like she didn't care, but also sometimes smiled at them. Did she appreciate her family just after she died?
It was very sad how everyone always beat her. And then she went to hell. Seems unfair even tho it wasn't.

And the guy committed suicide. How sad was that? I wonder how no one didn't realise he was depressed after his mother left and father remarried.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2015 12:23 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
not sure what to think about this one.
she deserved her faith and then again not ...
:/

Jun 21, 2015 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
"Life isn't always fair" basically sums up the decision. Sometimes there just has to be a winner and a loser regardless if the decision is wrong or not.
Jul 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Oct 2009
I cant agree with Decim's decision here: while the woman might not have been the kindest person and seem to have neglected her children at times(?), she did take care of them and seem to have done everything she could for them. She also lost it with her assistant(?) cause she messed up her plans to be with her children..

The otaku didn't deserve the void either, so they both should have gotten reincarnated.
Jul 27, 2015 12:35 AM

Aug 2010
I really didnt expect to cry this episode...
Jul 31, 2015 2:11 AM

Apr 2012
Why did they send the woman to the void ? :o
Aug 5, 2015 1:51 PM
May 2015
From what i can see the woman didnt truly care for her children. In fact she used her children as a means of promoting herself (that 5 children reality tv thing). By neglecting her children, the children also came to hate her. From this alone i can agree that she should be sent to the void. However, does that mean that we can ignore the constant abuse and loneliness that she suffered through over the course of 3 marriages? What if her neglect towards her children is a result of the constant abuse that she herself had to go through? Also im pretty sure that people who go through abuse in life are more likely to abuse others, hence why she might have physically hurt the other player as well as the assistant.
I can understand why she went to the void, but there is also grounds for her being reincarnated as well. I cant help but wonder, had she never gone through abuse and divorce, would that have made her into a better person? That should have been the determining question but it is never explored by Decim. This is why i think he may once again have fucked up.
This method of judgement is so flawed its scary.
EL PSY CONGROO
Aug 8, 2015 11:58 PM

Dec 2013
The moment she smashed his head against the screen I knew she was going to the Void.
I cried during his dinner time attack and that hug.
I hope he does better with his next mom.
"Have you ever thought about how strange nails are?
They're a part of our bodies but it doesn't hurt when we cut them. We don't feel any pain.
Sometimes I wish that our bodies were made up of nails. Because it wouldn't hurt.
"
Sep 16, 2015 9:59 PM

Jul 2014
holy crap, this was depressing. sucks the reality show mother went to the void. She loved her family but treated other people like crap.
Sep 27, 2015 9:54 PM
Sep 2015
Why are people wondering why she went to hell?
Selfish, egocentric and treated her employees badly

Didn't control her urges and had unplanned children that she later threw away and focused only on her show as shown when she was on the phone...
She'd get anything she wants by manipulating others and lying like when she asked the man to let her win, when she used her kids as an excuse... even her ability is "temptation".... she'd win even with violence like when she hit his head on the machine...

bad mother vs bad child... the bad child only regretted not treating his mother well while the bad mother regretted nothing and only wanted to live for herself

good call
Sep 28, 2015 2:19 PM
Oct 2013
this episode blew my mind,the ost was amazing.
I just wanted to know a little more about the guy because we don't really know why he killed himself
Oct 12, 2015 11:52 PM
Jan 2015
I realized that this anime is screwed up. I watched a few episodes and now that I think about it I fundamentally hate Death Parade for playing God and having such little forgiveness. If it were up to me everyone that appeared so far would have gotten reincarnated.

I just want all of them to have better lives and start over again. I want all of them to be happy and live on meaningfully while addressing their personal problems. This show is just too brutal and malicious for me to watch any further.

I think that anyone that wouldn't have had them all reincarnate so far are cruel, vengeful, and scary people that I don't want to associate with.
Oct 18, 2015 4:42 AM
Dec 2007
I'm so glad for this discussion thread, because I was so confused why the woman was send to hell as well.

If you would only apply logic and formula, like I think the arbiter does, then maybe.. it was right to send her to the void. If you involve emotion however, for sure she shouldn't have. Like someone else said, she was conditioned into treating others badly, because she herself was. This was also the reason for the way her 'breakdown' worked out (bumping the dudes head into the arcade game). Her second thoughts however were to care for him and feel bad.

So my thoughts would be that if she were to grow up in a normal/usual environment, she would be a peaceful woman, and thus she should have had the chance to reincarnate and prove it.

The way the game works now is that every soul will go to the void at some point, because the arbiter only looks at how the people respond. And people respond the way they are conditioned by life. So no, I do not think it is fair the way they are judged.
Oct 21, 2015 3:50 PM

Feb 2014
Omg guys this anime is so dark and edgy.

The bowling episode was bittersweet but I feel like the rest of them have tried too hard to be dramatic and dark and it comes off really forced.

I agree with the decision in this episode though. Lady was terrible to basically everyone but her kids. Although I'm surprised that the boy committed suicide.
Oct 22, 2015 7:08 PM

Dec 2013
Ok, my opinion on why the lady got send into the void.. Decim is basing his judgement in what he's seeing in the current present afterlife or what's right in front of his eyes and not their foreseen past memories and life, that's why he puts these "players" or candidates in these extreme situations where they play a game and asks to stake their lives on it, leaving them the ambiguity of not knowing what would happen if they lose the game, causing them to go into "panic mode"...
Soo, remember the part where he put the lady in that panic situation when she was about to easily win the last round, she pulled off a special attack where her kids in the living world backed her up, but Decim clicked the "panic" switch her joystick came off, and in a fit of desperation, she bashed the boy's head on the game monitor, multiple times, that's already Decim's judgment taking place, eventhough it's cruel and unfair to the players, their action reflect on their soul's destination, the boy was just really good at the game due to his hobby, so he didn't need to cheat like the lady did, and ALL OF THIS has nothing to do with their PAST LIVES & ACTIONS, that's how Decim's judgement on these passed souls is all about... This anime is really good, i mean really good, so long since i watched another masterpiece :')
Nov 9, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2012
lol thinking it was hidden camera,i am liking this show so far.

Nov 10, 2015 1:32 PM

May 2014
The feels were real. And that male voice actor for Yusuke was BEAST.
Nov 29, 2015 9:53 PM

Feb 2010
SzJ said:
I thought this show might go downhill with the pair of the week format but this episode was the best as of yet so that's definitely not the case.
Maybe not the best, but definitely not going downhill either

Dec 5, 2015 11:02 AM

May 2015
In the end, Misaki was still sent into the void. How tragic.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Dec 11, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
misaki vs yousuke in arcade game
tham that ending they both cry
but misaki was sent to hell ....
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

674 by Listone »»
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.