Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 2, 2015 9:31 PM

Jul 2008
Out of all the girls, Anastasia stands out the most for me due to her unique accent and personality, her looks and fashion sense do not do her any harm at all as well :D
Feb 3, 2015 12:12 AM

May 2011
The Love live Rin clone makes me want to sew an ox hand on her head and slice her belly with a rusty hook while her screams are muffled by the ox head (AHS Coven). I hated rin and she's no exception. Not too familiar with the other Cideralla girls, but they prolly could've gotten someone else to act as the motehr figure for anzu, cuz the slow talker can get pretty annoying. Too many idols atm, and they need some screen time, though, I'm really hoping for some love for Riina.
Feb 3, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2014
Miku and Anzu best girls for this episode :)
MikuMio are really like AmiMami, Rin-chan is like Chihaya.
Feb 3, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
Anzu is so lazy nya~
Feb 3, 2015 7:25 PM
Feb 2015
AaaaaaKun said:
The Idolm@ster knows its audience, it won't be great for everyone, but at least this show doesn't deliberately anger its fans, like what the half-sunk Kancolle anime did.

Good joke, what with all the "only 3 characters matter the others are decorations" mentality of Cinderella Girls anime, not to mention the loli shaming (stop trying to act as if you were appealing Rika, you're just an ugly kid, not your glorious sister), whereas the college student is instantly erotic just because.
Nope, this is a hideous adaptation, much worse than even Kancolle.
Feb 4, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2011
Although the idols aren't fleshed out yet, I did like getting to see how some of them act normally. Miku and Ranko in particular faltered in their acts a bit. Most of the others tend to act how I'd suppose they act anyway.

Anastasia is my favorite girl outside of the main trio (well, other than Rin, actually), so I'm glad she was picked for the CD debut.

Anzu continues to be annoying and suspension-breaking.

FireKiller87 said:

It was interesting to read some comparisons to the original Idolmaster with a criticism more substantive than "this sucks".

Can you confirm the 12 episodes part, or is that just an assumption? If it is only 12 episodes I'd like to see more focus on developing the main three. Otherwise they should have enough time to flesh them all out.
TripleSRankFeb 4, 2015 4:52 PM
Feb 4, 2015 5:45 PM

Mar 2014
TripleSRank said:
Although the idols aren't fleshed out yet, I did like getting to see how some of them act normally. Miku and Ranko in particular faltered in their acts a bit. Most of the others tend to act how I'd suppose they act anyway.

Anastasia is my favorite girl outside of the main trio (well, other than Rin, actually), so I'm glad she was picked for the CD debut.

Anzu continues to be annoying and suspension-breaking.

FireKiller87 said:

It was interesting to read some comparisons to the original Idolmaster with a criticism more substantive than "this sucks".

Can you confirm the 12 episodes part, or is that just an assumption? If it is only 12 episodes I'd like to see more focus on developing the main three. Otherwise they should have enough time to flesh them all out.

Unfortunately I don't have any concrete information whatsoever about the episode count. I just believe that a 12-episode adaptation will not suit CG very well at all for reasons that both you and I have mentioned or implied, namely that not everyone will get development.

If they do go the 12-episode route, though, I think it's fine if the main trio get the most development as you mentioned. And it's still too early, at least for me, to tell if all 14 idols are truly main characters or if Uzuki, Mio and Rin are our main focus characters. But if the production goes with the former, they're going to need a hell of a lot more than 12 episodes to get this done right. I feel that a show like The Idolmaster lives and dies not just by the plotline but by the characters as well. Unfortunately, comparing CG to the original(and I only recently finished the original Idolmaster so it is very, very fresh), I'm not getting very much of either out of CG.
FireKiller87Feb 4, 2015 7:04 PM
Feb 5, 2015 12:55 AM
Feb 2015
Well, if we take into consideration that all 4 episodes were basically "main trio" episodes so far, I doubt anyone else will suddenly get the spotlight for more than just a few cameo appearances here and there.
Or if next episode will really feature Anastasia's group in the spotlight, that would mean they're changing the structure of the series so far, which is quite a stupid thing to do at this point in the series, especially if it's 12 episodes.
Feb 6, 2015 11:19 AM

Sep 2011
The problem with cinderella is the character design. There are good characters like rin, anastasia and the chubby girl; good "partner" characters like chieri and mio but other characters are just annoying, like the ultra-loli girl and the "nyaa" girl. The nyaa girl (i don't even remember her name) is probably the worst cat-esque character design in the history of the japanese animation. She ruin all the moments.
Feb 7, 2015 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
Hey! there were donuts in that cookie-basket!

Cute episode... need performances though...
Feb 7, 2015 9:11 PM

Jul 2008
Kirarin's voice is so annoying.
Feb 8, 2015 2:39 AM

Oct 2008
so producer is just following anything that the chief decides???

Mar 11, 2015 9:54 PM

Dec 2012
I was so hoping for another one of these kinds of episodes since it worked so well for the other series. A great way to get to know each character better while just having some fun. I want to jot down some first impressions of each character for future reference and because it helps me sort out the large cast better.

1. Miku - really hyper and playful, usually the whole "nyan" thing can get a bit overdone but she handles it well.
2. Rika - as fun as her older sister and seems energetic and a tease in general.
3. Miria - wow, just so adorable and reminds me of a real little girl as opposed to a loli caricature.
4. Kanako - I personally hope she keeps her physique, she's has a sweet warmth about her. Very welcoming mood whenever she's involved.
5. Chieri - moe overload.
6. Minami - initially came off as really composed and mature, but that lacrosse thing shattered all of that. That was hilarious seeing her get embarrassed over it.
7. Anastasia - just a really sweet character in general. Put a smile on my face.
8. Kirari - seems laid back and acts as Anzu's guardian of sorts. WOW, that Godzilla outfit was a huge surprise.
9. Anzu - absolutely hilarious, loving her slothful and cunning personality. LOL'd so hard when she kicked everyone out of the room. Now all of that candy is hers and hers alone!
10. Ranko - easily my favorite so far. These characters always crack me up, especially when you see their real personality leak out at times when they run into unexpected trouble.
11. Riina - she's probably another contender for my favorite character so far. She plays off the "cool rock" personality but she strikes me as being on the more shy and girly side.

Looking forward to the CD debut, especially with Anastasia being on board.
Mar 16, 2015 12:35 PM
Jan 2012
Why is everyone wanting to hate on someone? Personally, I still like them all...

I know, I haven't finished it, nor is it actually done yet, but I am happy that there will be a second season.
May 7, 2015 9:16 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That yawn by Neko girl was cute at the beginning.

Vampire girl's character still seems a bit bland when compared to Aikatsu's Yurika.

This show isn't as good as the show with 765Pro. There mostly all the characters had some good characterization, and were enjoyable. Here, only like 2-3 stand out.

May 27, 2015 6:38 AM

Apr 2012
-Bakemono- said:
Godzilla is still the greatest fear of the Japanese people. I'm also pretty sure Rin's Butterfly costume is a reference to Mothra.

that also came into my mind. Now let's have Kirarin and Rin fight!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 26, 2015 7:48 PM

Mar 2008
After the PR introduction, I can say I'm no longer invested in Riina and Miria. Miria constantly interrupting people when they talk is reminiscent of a little kid and that is not a likable trait for me.
On the other hand, I am now intrigued by Minami, Kanako, and Miku...
eternaltortureJul 26, 2015 8:09 PM
Sep 19, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2013
Cute episode! Can't wait for their special cd debut!
Sep 20, 2015 2:54 PM

Jan 2010
That was the...second introductory episode? Or was the the third? Uh, best not overthink these things I guess.
Dec 9, 2015 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
This Episode was soo ~Nya~!!!
Jan 2, 2016 2:06 PM

Sep 2013
Kirari looks like a fucking gypsy and her normal speech voice is like a cacophony of nitrogen peroxide inside of a wind pipe. please no more

Miku isn't as annoying as last episode thankfully.

I wish they didn't hardline Anastasia as an extremely stereotypical block-head foreigner type.

Riina seems like she is slowly realizing that she out of everyone has the least amount of unique personality and ability among everyone else. I don't like seeing her tbh.

Minami seems to reflect Azusa...

Ranko is amazing in like every fucking scene she is in, so much better than I was excepting
nep-nepJan 4, 2016 12:10 AM
Oct 4, 2016 1:43 PM

May 2010
God Kirari annoys me. Anzu is fun but idk why is she an idol if she hates work so much. Is she being blackmailed or wut
Sep 21, 2017 5:37 AM

Jul 2015
Sillier episode focused to introduce again the characters, similsr to the first of the main Idolmaster, I think it was pretty enjoyable.
Jun 27, 2020 4:36 AM

May 2018
So this is the introduction video we needed in episode 1 xD
Aug 20, 2021 12:17 AM

Feb 2020
That was a fun PR video. Even the producer chuckled.

Kirari looked cool in that Godzilla suit.

CD debut? That's awesome news!

Miku-nyan is too adorable. :3 Her yawn at the beginning was so cute. <3

SerafosDec 21, 2023 9:09 AM
May 30, 2022 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
Miku trying her best to please with her neko energy.. ;P Sweet.. ;P
Well.. Indeed.. What are Rika and Miria even teaching each other here?.. ;P
Nah, Mio is right.. ;P Young Rika and Miria had quite an energy to them.. If they'd make it to a clip, everyone would think it's cute how they're messing around, and so impatient, and stuff.. ;P
Well, girls are having all kinds of different emotions, I think their material is good for clip, really.. ;P
I think girls are starting to get more feel to them, it's nice.. ;P
I think literally all girls except the ones chosen for CD had more sides to them shown during this episode.. ;D Well, maybe that's the thing.. Now we got more about other girls, now about these chosen 5.. Not necessary, just some thought..
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM
Jan 2018
Nothing beats Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.