Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 19, 2018 2:08 AM
Dec 2017
poor girl! may she ?
Apr 14, 2018 10:59 PM

Dec 2016
Waa, Senpai is a good guy!
Tsubaki crying again this episode, I guess in the next ones too.
Kousei doubting about visiting Kaori, he misses her but he is also afraid of what she could have.
Kaori's scene </3
Dec 30, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, seems like there won't be another onstage performance of those two after all...
Jan 27, 2019 1:47 PM

Jun 2015
Remember boys don't skip leg day.

Mar 8, 2019 1:35 PM

Mar 2016
Damn, I know Kousei is just treating Tsubaki as he always did, but after years of being together, he's dense towards any affection from Tsubaki.

Wait, what? Kaori got a sudden paralysis from the waist down just like that!?!??!
Mar 30, 2019 8:54 AM

Dec 2018
Well that's to be expected they broke up.

Kaori is the same as Tsubaki when Arima is there they take it for granted and when he's not around they start finding him.

I guess you can still play Violin without legs?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 27, 2019 9:58 PM

Sep 2017
Hard lesson for Tsubaki: Dirt dries. Looks like he really has decided on going to a music school. He still can't hear himself play though, right? Your instructor is Japan's biggest pianist, not to mention you are the legendary Arima Kousei. I think you will be fine, lol. I like how they called her complete failure a new school record. Is it even possible to become a wheel like that on one of those bars? Saitou handed that breakup marvelously. It wasn't just "Fuck off, I hate you." He was nice and comforting. For someone who claims to know nothing about the piano, you seemed to play notes just fine there. Why is Kousei still at school this late at night? Better question: Why doesn't he just practice at home? Better question: Do they not lock the school down? Who refers to quantities of ice cream in 120-mL servings? Tsubaki is clearly hurting due to her conflicted feelings towards Kousei. It's probably best for her to either give up on Kousei or accept that she has feelings for him. Why is Takeshi so edgy right now? Why was Nagi assaulting poor Kousei? The two are probably connected, actually. Is it that easy to just approach a world class pianist and ask to be her apprentice? I always thought this musical piece sounded terrible. The beginning just sounds so harsh. Anyone else share this opinion? She's like Kaguya with the fake eye-drops, lol. I think it is for the better that Kousei teaches her, actually. Bummer that Watari beat him to the punch there. TIL that canelés are a thing. How did she get his number? So she can't walk now? That sounds [b]really[b] bad.
Aug 2, 2019 3:43 PM

Aug 2007
Tsubaki chasing the boys with a broom... and one of them saying, "I'm too young to die!!" Lmao.

I do feel bad that she was dumped... but it was the right thing. She wasn't even jazzed about the relationship in the beginning since she's so stuck on Kousei. Tsubaki realizes that time has to move forward. She recognizes she isn't allowing herself to do the same. I really hope she can.

Also, why do the cats look so different in this episode versus the ones in the first half?
LycanAug 2, 2019 4:02 PM

Jan 15, 2020 8:40 PM

Jul 2016
It's somewhat funny how Kousei's father only becomes relevant for the story when his son needs approval to go abroad...

Another bad episode. Seeing Tsubaki acting like a selfish brat (as always) was really irritating and the last scene with Kaori indeed could have been "impactful" if they just wouldn't have over dramatized the moment like this show always does.

Now seriously, what are the chances of Kaori developing the same illness Kousei's mother had? I honestly hope they don't go that route because it would be more laughable than tragic.
SouthRzVaJan 15, 2020 9:09 PM
Apr 14, 2020 7:50 PM

Feb 2019
Another heavy episode.

Tsubaki's senpai is nice. I think he slowly realised that it wasn't for him that Tsubaki had eyes for. Somehow in his position is usually angry or bitter about being some sort of outlet or replacement, instead of being the actual recipient of love. But instead he played it nice when he broke up with her, not showing any anger or bitterness.

So finally Tsubaki realised her feelings. I half-expected her to confess right then and there in the music room under the moonlight, but I guess there's still some more time before she confesses.

The appearance of that little girl was so random. I wonder what role she'll play.

I hope Kousei doesn't come to regret not seeing her enough. Suddenly her legs gave way? Is she suffering from a degenerative disease like ALS? I've never seen Kaori that distressed or frustrated before. It just goes to show you how serious this is.

Where are we headed with this? I think with all the flags being thrown around it's still obvious, but I still want to kind of deny it.

And the ED song just keeps getting heavier.
Apr 30, 2020 6:00 AM

Feb 2018
Tsubaki or Kaori, lol...
May 8, 2020 8:55 AM
Oct 2019
Good episode.

I like this whole conflicted Tsubaki thing. I mean, it's sad, but it's compelling. And like always, any scene with Kaori is top notch, but man I hate seeing her go like this.

One thing I've felt for several episodes now is that I. do. not. like. when. they. show. flashbacks. of. Kousei's. mom. It's so repetitive. It's so overly dramatic. It ruins the pace of every episode they're in. They're just awful. Oh, and his mom is pretty awful on top of it.

This episode had none of those flashbacks, and *surprise* was much better than episode 10 where it was non-stop flashbacks and overly emotional, drowning, inner monologue drivel.

A second thing I've noticed, is that I may just not like Kousei. Or maybe it's just because Kousei-heavy episodes inherently means there will be gobs and gobs of repetitive flashbacks and lame inner monologue? TBD. Hopefully teaching this girl piano might lend itself to making Kousei a less awful character, but truthfully, I'm expecting there to be flashbacks of his mom teaching him piano as he teaches this girl. Sigh...
Jul 5, 2020 1:10 PM

May 2018
Yeah I highly doubt that Kaori will survive until the end
Jul 12, 2020 3:35 PM

Jan 2019
This anime fucking sucks, this so overrated. I’ve never seen a pace as slow as this one, and there isn’t a single episode without a character crying like a little baby.
Sep 23, 2020 12:02 AM

Aug 2018
Wow the final minutes of the episode nearly broke my heart, I didn't expected it to be that serious
Dec 5, 2020 5:45 AM

Jan 2017
Of course Kaori somehow got Kousei's number, she gets whatever she wants.

Not surprised that Tsubaki got dumped, it's her do-or-die time now
Mar 7, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2019
Ah fuck, that ending hurts a lot. Poor Kao, but like, where is everyone in the hospital. Please let this be a happy ending! Same with Tsubaki and Kousei, don't go overseas!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 1, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2019
Ok, we all saw hear eventaul death coming, but I didn't expect her to become paralysed as well.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
May 11, 2021 11:54 PM

Feb 2021
Tsubaki is having a lot going through her mind and she ain't really sure what to do. Who is this new kiddo pianist? And as I said before a lot of times, something is seriously wrong with Kaori!

May 28, 2021 10:47 PM
Oct 2020
lleweraf said:
After seeing this, I want to think Tsubaki is going to kill herself if Arima continues like this.

But how is that his fault though? If he continues what? Living his life the way SHE pushed him into doing? I find her selfish to be honest. She only wants him to be okay on her terms. In the flashback when she was younger, I thought that she was just a child so it makes sense that she'd feel that way; but, it's like she never remotely grew up. I understand that she's only 14 but she's acting like a 5 year old still to me.
JDavid17May 28, 2021 10:50 PM
Jun 21, 2021 6:32 PM

Apr 2020
Poor Kaori, I hope she's fine
Jan 9, 2022 11:20 AM

Jul 2021
The little girl who appeared looks a lot like Kaori, is it her sister?
I also wonder if Kaori has the same illness as Kousei's mother.
asdasdsadad
Oct 2, 2022 5:37 AM
Mar 2022
the more you delve into it, the more you realise that this was a bad decision.
Dec 14, 2022 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
dayum i'm not okay
Jan 12, 2023 5:21 PM
Apr 2022
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUI
Apr 5, 2023 3:22 AM
Apr 2021
Shit, the ending was heavy
Jun 3, 2023 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
bad ep ;/ Tsubaki failed the jump so why they even start measuring and then talk about record? LOL this makes no sense
that cat moewing like a person when it came to Kousei? wtf?
that blonde small girl showing up? that makes no sense also..
the only good thing I can make of it is that Kaori lost legs instead of dying, she can play without legs and live like that, it is better because I thought she will die near the end
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 10, 2023 1:28 PM

Oct 2020
SouthRzVa said:
It's somewhat funny how Kousei's father only becomes relevant for the story when his son needs approval to go abroad...

Another bad episode. Seeing Tsubaki acting like a selfish brat (as always) was really irritating and the last scene with Kaori indeed could have been "impactful" if they just wouldn't have over dramatized the moment like this show always does.

Now seriously, what are the chances of Kaori developing the same illness Kousei's mother had? I honestly hope they don't go that route because it would be more laughable than tragic.
For real though 
It seems like they're trying too hard to create emotional scenes and it comes off cheesy
Jun 20, 2023 4:37 AM
Apr 2023
Very emotional, a great episode
Jun 26, 2023 5:17 PM

Dec 2019
The thing I appreciate the most about this show, is how well treated Tsubaki is.. well as a character that is, I know she's in pain. It's predictable that she's our typical tsundere who's obviously not a match for the MC's first-priority, even so, her character doesn't go to waste like any other, we get to explore her thoughts deeper and she doesn't solely exist for the sake of getting dumped over Kaori.

As much as I love Tsubaki I do understand why people think she's annoying or selfish, however your standards are way fucking low for romance-anime if you only watch for the sake of Kousei x Kaori, even viewers from 2014 could predict the outcome that's why our side characters deserve some love too
Sep 8, 2023 4:14 PM

Mar 2023
this is the FIRST time I had a jaw drop with this show. she literally went through all stages of grief in the last scene T-T
Dec 17, 2023 1:46 AM

Nov 2023
Well damn, I hope shes able to do something about her feeligns
Dec 28, 2023 5:52 AM

May 2015
That situation gets worse to worse...
Apr 9, 9:04 PM

Jul 2023
I really can't get myself to like Tsubaki. She likes Arima all right, but she's not the right person for him. She hates music. I bet if she is half capable of making Arima play the piano again like Kaori did, she would do so and have some chance.

She should leave Arima alone or just stay as a supportive friend but don't expect to be lovers.

Who is that blonde girl? Is she related to Kaori? A wild thought: don't tell me Arima will groom her and be a suitable substitute if Kaori leaves this world.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Who do you like with Kousei Arima more ?

randomlock - Mar 24, 2016

20 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2014

286 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Apr 14, 9:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.