Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 4 Discussion

Feb 4, 2015 4:49 AM
Z4k said:
Comic_Sans said:
*Seven episodes of shit later*

''Stop overreacting. Its just one bad episode they outsourced and its not like this will happen again''

You seem to enjoy posting worthless things.

lol its looks like they were doing it on purpose, so the action on episode 5 will be much better than previous episodes. Sorry for my bad english.

Feb 4, 2015 8:26 AM
Vost96 said:
Z4k said:

You seem to enjoy posting worthless things.

lol its looks like they were doing it on purpose, so the action on episode 5 will be much better than previous episodes. Sorry for my bad english.

Yes but the episode director was probably on drugs thinking he could handle all the fights in just one episode.

Feb 4, 2015 10:33 AM

Z4k said:
Taito10 said:
and Kaneki is still weak.

Except that he's not. The same thing happened in the manga when they fought for the first time and Shachi is a bikaku SS rated ghoul which is a natural weakness to Rinkaku ghouls. Seriously how could you not know this when you've already read the manga?

I remember but still this was for me weird. Ken defeated Jason in his Kakuja form but later he completely lost aganist Shachi.

sorry bad english

Feb 4, 2015 4:24 PM
Zer01 said:
Please, please, please. I pray to God they will animate this scene.

GAWWWW, HE'S SOCUTE ;~;

What chapter was that again?

Feb 4, 2015 9:04 PM

Blah blah blah, Bad Animation, Blah blah blah second season sucks. While some people do have valid points, many people here over exaggerate the episode as a terrible one because of bad animation. It annoys me that people can't enjoy this episode because of the animation. Overall, everything was on point, except animation but I didn't let that lower my rating for this episode. Geez, people need to relax and judge the episode from it's entirety. It's probably the animosity leftover against season one's fasting pacing. Overall, phenomenal episode. I'm stoked for centipede tomorrow!!!!

Feb 4, 2015 10:22 PM

Would also like for this to take a huge change from the manga in the next couple of episodes

Feb 5, 2015 10:59 AM

Oreo_Assassin said:
Zer01 said:
Please, please, please. I pray to God they will animate this scene.

GAWWWW, HE'S SOCUTE ;~;

What chapter was that again?

CH 122

Feb 5, 2015 1:47 PM

The animation and sound in that episode was horrible. Btw I don't understand why the ghouls didn't use their kagunes to block the bullets. They made ghouls look significantly weaker with them dying so easily.

Feb 5, 2015 2:16 PM

What an absolutely shit episode, and I love this series.

Feb 5, 2015 5:49 PM

Are they even putting effort into these fight scenes?

Feb 7, 2015 12:50 AM

NahI'm not sure if i can judge this right since it's only 4 ep, but so far this season has done nothing but disappoint me. If they keep it like this I'm afraid I'll have to dropped this :/

Feb 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Wow, Mr. Kamishiro must be really good at yoga!
LOOK AT THAT TECHNIQUE, THOUGH.

Feb 7, 2015 10:37 AM
Zer01 said:
Wow, Mr. Kamishiro must be really good at yoga!
LOOK AT THAT TECHNIQUE, THOUGH.

Ehh well he is a martial arts master afterall but the episode did a bad job showing his skills.

Feb 8, 2015 12:56 AM

Lol, what a mess. Kaneki and big guy fight..."I'm here to free you"..."Yo, why do you smell like Rize? I'MMA BEAT YOU UP REAL GOOD". Okay, what?

Also, lol @ Akira fighting in heels. But then again it's not like she knew she was going to be in a fight. But if you carry around your Quinque you might as well dress with the possibility that you're going to use it in a fight, right? And I like how Amon just let Naki gnaw a chunk off her foot. He had plenty of time to prevent that from happening. lol

Feb 8, 2015 2:51 AM

The fight scenes aren't bad. Don't know why people are complaining. I saw the uncensored ver. btw.

Akira is really cool, I like her more and more. The mobs sure stayed still tho. Like they wanted to get killed.

Man Kaneki getting beat down by his own kind, like he hasn't suffered enough already.

Feb 9, 2015 6:34 AM

am i the only one who never notices anything wrong with the animation

Feb 9, 2015 5:46 PM
:D

I didn't think the episode was too bad, but the animation for the fights were awkward and took me out of it.

Feb 11, 2015 8:25 AM

This episode irritated me to an unbelievable state. It's now confirmed that the human side is utterly useless - not only power-wise but they're also fall behind the ghouls in intelligence.

Kaneki also got beaten to a pulp with low difficulty, I really don't know why people hyped his White Haired version so much(outside of mindless hype of course).

I'm not hating, I was trying to be as much non-judgemental as possible, but I really prefer the build-up episodes to this. 2/5.

Feb 11, 2015 8:29 AM
Meritas said:
This episode irritated me to unbelievable state. It's now confirmed that the human side is utterly useless - not only power-wise but they're also fall behind the ghouls in intelligence.

Kaneki also got beaten to a pulp with low difficulty, I really don't know why people hyped his White Haired version so much(outside of mindless hype of course).

2/5

The guy that beat Kaneki was an SS rated ghoul and also Bikaku type which is a natural weakness to Kaneki's type. Kaneki isn't weak its just the other guy is extremely strong.

Feb 11, 2015 9:09 AM

Meritas said:
This episode irritated me to an unbelievable state. It's now confirmed that the human side is utterly useless - not only power-wise but they're also fall behind the ghouls in intelligence.

I'm not hating, I was trying to be as much non-judgemental as possible, but I really prefer the build-up episodes to this. 2/5.

The hype comes from us manga readers. He deserves all the hype he gets. And as for his fight against Sachi, Z4K has already explained it.

Human side utterly useless? They have many powerful ghouls captured. In what way are they useless? Also... Arima.

Feb 11, 2015 9:43 AM

I indeed wonder how they could capture those ghouls, looking at them right now. My primary concern with them is that they lack intelligence. For an example, getting outplayed like that at Ward 23. I expected more from them.

I don't have doubts that Kaneki is cooler in the manga adaptation, which is probably a lot better than the anime as well. I just thought that the manga readers dropped the hyope back in S1. I was wrong apparently.

Feb 19, 2015 3:45 PM

Amon have a sad story behind his toughness , he fought very well!
I really like Juuzou's craziness!
Best thing in the episode was so see Kaneki being beaten up!

Mar 16, 2015 9:08 PM

At around 7 minutes in when the albino guy with all the stitches screamed, he sounded so much like Crona from Soul Eater. I love when I can recognize VA's like that. It's so much fun =P

Mar 24, 2015 1:24 AM

This is absolutely terrible. The direction is shit, so off paced, nothing is explained, and there is zero character development, just senseless fighting that isn't very good Then there's vague conversations that either have nothing to do with what is going on, or are easily seen right through as to what's going to happen "plot twist" (not really), but are quickly forgotten and not built upon. Peace.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!

Mar 30, 2015 6:50 AM
What the fuck is Machete doing here?!?!
Holy shit at the end :O

May 3, 2015 6:43 PM

The action was okay, but the pacing was still as terrible... oh well let's see what's next.

May 15, 2015 2:43 PM

Urm... what the fuck?

I was expecting an alternate universe re-telling of Tokyo Ghoul's story, not an adaption of the exact same things which happened in the manga, except rearranging the chronology of the events so they no longer make sense.

The basic overview of what happened in this episode more or less makes sense, but why was Kaneki fighting Shachi? Kaneki was trying to free him. For them to suddenly start fighting because Shachi has no earthly clue what's going on makes some fragment of sense, but for the fight to be taken so seriously and descend into a battle to the death was just stupid. There was no context for that battle to make sense, period.

And furthermore, even if the battle did make sense, Kaneki has been mostly absent these last three episodes. For him to show up like this and in his first real fight (I hadn't watched the first three episodes since they first aired, so forgive me if I'm wrong on this and am remembering incorrectly) get his ass whooped so easily was a huge directorial mistake. In the manga, Kaneki was given a lot of development and a ton of badass moments between his white hair transformation and his fight with Shachi, so it made that fight much more impactful.

And even more importantly, why is the centipede transformation happening now? It's only been three episodes since his white hair transformation and he's done pretty much shit since then. Wtf? That also ruins the impact of the transformation.

Everything else was fine, I guess. The events didn't really have the same depth as in the manga due to their timing, but it's more or less fine.

Well, the first three episodes were solid, but this episode basically trashed everything. It was good in and of itself, but I just don't see the purpose of adapting the same events that happened in the manga in a way that makes those events less important or even entertaining. I really hope this season doesn't pull this shit through the remainder of its run time.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

May 15, 2015 3:00 PM
Zadion said:
Urm... what the fuck?

I was expecting an alternate universe re-telling of Tokyo Ghoul's story, not an adaption of the exact same things which happened in the manga, except rearranging the chronology of the events so they no longer make sense.

Just a heads up but the studio uses the new draft only for episode 1-3, episode 8 and episode 11-12. The remaining of the episode contains the exact same thing from the manga with a few small changes here and there so yeah you could say the rest of the 300 page draft was thrown into the trash.
Modified by Alter96, May 15, 2015 3:03 PM

May 20, 2015 11:33 PM

A lot of action, I guess!
Sooo.... Kaneki is doing all these because of Touka and Hide? I kinda' assumed that!
Akira made up for not going to dinner with Amon by holding him that tight, lmao x3
Overall, a good one!
And Kaneki's transformation in the end! Whoa, man! Awesome!

May 27, 2015 10:24 AM

Anything Pierrot touches becomes an absolute butchering of the source material, be it TG or Kingdom
Worst studio ever.

Jul 8, 2015 3:01 PM

Oh, so the new half-ghouls are kuro and shiro we saw earlier... and they somehow know Juzo?...

uhh whats the point of Kaneki fighting Kamishiro? he just freed him.

Aug 3, 2015 9:17 AM

The use of the OST was amazing as usual.
Kaneki reseived quite the beating from Kamishiro....
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?

Aug 26, 2015 7:36 AM

when i thougt Kaneki was overpowered Boom, he was easyly beaten

Aug 27, 2015 1:51 PM

Seems Kaneki got another transformation, caterpillar this time, surprised he got beat up so easily by the man though.

Loved the entire attack on the prison though, was a good amount of action.

I cant stop loving Yuuzou, he's amazing, wonder if he's actually related to the twins.

Oct 2, 2015 4:22 AM

Garzan
But that's just my opinion~

Oct 6, 2015 7:57 AM

I swear the animation for this episode was done in someone basement.
Its looks like shit and it arguable worst than Toei Animation.
Studio Pierrot please go bankrupt.

Dec 14, 2015 1:56 AM

ok so Kaneki's doing all this for the people of Anteiku?... ok ok I don't exactly know how it will benefit them but I guess we'll see.

Dec 25, 2015 11:56 PM

I feel like this is the part where it is better to have read the manga. I'm really lost about a lot of things in this episode.

Jan 6, 2016 12:00 AM

Fighting in high heels, huh? Yeah, I was just waiting to say that.

Pretty poor animation during the Amon parts.

Why are Kaneki and the other guy fighting like they are in a play? Must be the music.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jan 15, 2016 4:32 AM

the fighting is cool, but still I'm not interested of this season.
Juzo is better in the 2nd season than in the first one.

Liked the song at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 6, 2016 2:50 AM

great episode. ......

Feb 28, 2016 2:18 PM
This series need to seriously explore their characters more... who are these twins? How are they associated with Juuzou and why should I care?

Or that blonde crybaby? What was even the point of introducing him when he seems totally useless and annoying? So Jason had a fanboy, so what?

Mar 10, 2016 1:26 PM

Where was the music during like every fight in the episode? While poor animation certainly contributed to the fights feeling meh, the biggest reason for me was the lack of any music. Come on, it's a fight, play some music!

Mar 25, 2016 6:35 AM

I don't see why too many people are complaining about the animations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 25, 2016 5:10 PM

I don't see why too many people are complaining about the animations.
Because it was of extremely poor quality

What else?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Salman bin Abdul Aziz said:
@Comic_Sans I hate to insult you on forums but you are just a troll so just go kill yourself already bitch

Jul 23, 2016 1:32 PM

What an episode, so many questions went throu my head during this episode!
Really getting the pacing on now as well, n what did kaneki do in the end?! ooooooh how curious!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.

Jul 25, 2016 9:32 PM

Haha Juuzou said something pretty badass. I gotta hand it to him.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Oct 13, 2016 11:01 AM

Well, even if there was some action, I didn't like this episode... I was still watching, when will it end. That's rare for me xD

But the end was interesting.

PS Does the opening song annoys you? I miss "Oshiete yo" xD

What is this, I ask??????!!!!

Nov 14, 2016 9:26 AM

The first episode I did not like so much. The fights were somewhat lame and strangely choriographed. Who is Kaneki's opponent?? and why are they fighting ??

Dec 4, 2016 3:23 PM

AW mang. I wanted Naki VS Juuzou to see how cray cray Naki would get seeing the Juuzou's Jason quinque ;O

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »