Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh cool, from hard work to some initial D like maneuvers on the road. This episode was pretty fun. Some bits of it felt slow overall but the it got its point through in regards with the technical side of the series.

Some of the moves were were interesting with the baseball-like position and the slow dancing. ED card was fashionable imo.
Stark700Jan 29, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 29, 2015 7:33 AM

May 2009
Finally Gothloli episode
Jan 29, 2015 8:10 AM

Jul 2010
ematasooooooooooooooooooooo

5/5
Jan 29, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2012
Last week, the episode was very "heavy" due to all of the explication of the name for this,
the name for that, the procedure for this and so on. Apparently, they introduced fifteen
new terms in all, according to their official website. I did enjoy learning about all of those
details but it makes me a bit tense to watch it.

I got the impression that there was some extra nice animation in this episode. It must have
required some extra work to depict the natural motion of the cat's tail as well as the subtle
light-and-shadow effect through the forest canopy:

Please click on the link below in case the above image fails to display properly.. .(but give it a few seconds)
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/9/9/99bed19b.jpg
okanaganJan 29, 2015 8:53 AM
Jan 29, 2015 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
ALL HAIL GOTH LOLI-SAMA!
SHE IS OUR TRUE LORD AND SAVIOR
Jan 29, 2015 9:04 AM

Jan 2012
Well after some angel exercise, a goth loli inspired trip to the batting cages, and a sting operation at a driving range looks like the character designs finally got accepted. What a....diverse....episode! :D
Jan 29, 2015 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
Another lovely episode. They managed to encourage Iguchi-san and she made a great character design for Aria.

Jan 29, 2015 9:11 AM
Mar 2014
That Koushien joke finished me. Man. I guess we don't need to worry for a little while now, huh? Great, great episode. Now I have to wait another painful week.
Jan 29, 2015 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
This show confirm that PA Works is a top rated studio.
Great episode!
Amazing background music @ softball (? I don't know whether it is correct name of this game) scene.
5/5
rsc-plJan 29, 2015 9:34 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 29, 2015 9:33 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Gothic-Loli Ogasawara was amazing this episode! Scolded both Kantoku and Watanabe to keep them on track and supported Iguchi a good deal by telling her own story. Not to mention how awesome she is at baseball. Probably among the best character in the show.

That was some epic driving skills by Watanabe. I want to see him race Miyamori someday.
Finally, they got a firm hold on the useless editor. Good to hear the author approved of Iguchi's new art too. (^^)

Decent episode. Best part was when Ema was doing Angel Exercise and got caught by Iguchi suddenly. :3

Jan 29, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
If this show taught me one thing about anime industry that people in lead are road pirates.
Jan 29, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
Koshien Stadium is where they have the annual Japanese High School Baseball
Championship. It can seat 48,000 loudly screaming fans.

I'm sorry to have to break this to Goth-Loli-sama, but the national high school
girls' championship game is always played in a different stadium that only seats
a maximum crowd of 3500 (if I have my facts straight).

A special tradition in Japan is that there is a certain exciting cheering song which
is played during high school baseball games. It is called "Summer Festival":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozqeJoDBdA
Jan 29, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
Not sure with Kantoku-chan stopped the storyboards, it's not like his drawings are all that good, I also agree with him, you should ignore reality a bit in these cases, problem is if the manga focus a lot on the technical aspect of things and follows reality and it's not just "there's plane, they fly", if that's the case then it's not really a good idea anymore.

And man, these type of authors can be such a pain, I bet even the fans would like to have a copy-paste of the character designs but sometimes you just gotta give some room to the designer, obviously the character designer should be picked with the author present so it's really just the author and editor's fault that there's this problem to begin with.
Iguchi-san did nothing wrong!
Still good thing everything worked out in the end.

Car scene was also great, this episode just made me feel good.
Shirobako is quickly becoming a favorite.

You're doing things to me, Emacchi~

Where's the backflip?

Shock!
Jan 29, 2015 9:54 AM

Oct 2012
Oh God, I really loved this episode :), it had some Initial D moe scenes too :), that driving skills are something. They should do a street racing episode with Miyamori lol.
Iguchi's art was really good, and she could improve it even more, P.A Works really did something good with this anime :).
And Yasuhara dancing was really random, I was surprised they fitted well something like this into the show.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jan 29, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
It really was quite discouraging seeing Iguchi's character design being kept on being rejected. Ogasawara is really quite the wonderful person to show her empathy towards Iguchi and really scold the two!

Playing baseball, some of those flexibility lol! Ogasawara was again really awesome at that too.

Ha, I sort of "assumed" that the author wasn't that much of a good person but turns out I am wrong! That editor >.> Glad the author gave his approval at the end.

That use of multiple choice!
Jan 29, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2014

It's alive! It's alive!

"Make it better" The most useless advice that I have already heard too much in real life. Without clear instruction and honest opinion it's really difficult to give your client the ideal product they want, sometimes it can get really frustrating, but that is also why you need initiative.

I smell something rotten in Imai, Kinoshita you better stay away from her with your shameful history, this college girl is not as innocent as you think.

Tarou is starting to get really annoying and tiring, even more so than when he screwed up in the first three episodes. We never see him redeem himself and it's not like we don't have replacement, the joke is getting old really quick in this cour.

Now I can imagine some pushover like Kinoshita directed the movie Expelled From Paradise who got sandwiched between a famous, self-centered screenwriter and unforgiving sponsors and unable to have any say of his own but follow whatever instruction he was given, oh wait it did happened.

Ah, やっぱり if you are a female anime character and you just hit a bottleneck the best way to relax and reorganize your thoughts is to hit some balls, and you are really good at this, I guess it's not only wisdom that comes with age, right? ロリータババ? (pls don't kill me)

If only they were designing characters for Cross ange...no, that would be quite disgusting actually.

Ema is getting cuter and cuter every episode, I bet someone is showing off his waifu...
raveninthemuddleJan 29, 2015 10:25 AM
Jan 29, 2015 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Man, i loved this episode. it was great.

The baseball scene was glorious. god bless Goth Loli-sama.
Jan 29, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
Okashi_sama said:
god bless Goth Loli-sama.

Amen.
Jan 29, 2015 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
Ogasawara Michihiro
AVG .311 HR:378 RBI:1161 OPS.934

Jan 29, 2015 11:29 AM

Dec 2009
Shirobako is so easy to watch. It's great. I caught up to it in no time.

Also, that "angel exercise" was a strange.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 29, 2015 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
That feeling of happiness and satisfaction when they took that stupid editor was wonderful. Still, I wanted them to smack him in the face. But this is good too.
Glad to see Iguchi-san was able to overcome this.
Jan 29, 2015 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
Man, this anime gives you such warm fuzzies.

That dance was priceless.
Jan 29, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2010
Such a fun episode XD

Dat Dance!! Ema was so Kawaiii this ep <3

Kantoku multi-timing with his praise was so lol

I lol'd so much at the "Henna Hanashi I know where he is now" followed by a drifting car ROFL XD

Dat baseball part XD Lol'd at how realistic the girls throws were XD Ofc best part was Michihiro XD Dat pitch :O Goth Loli Koshien FTW!!!

Loved how Aria was brought to life at the end :D
Jan 29, 2015 12:33 PM
Feb 2013
I just wish they would have expanded Gothloli-sama's backstory and struggle a little more. Maybe in another episode.

Great episode anyway, the anime (they're making) is back on track.
Jan 29, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2013
Ema summoning her inner sakuga spirit lol.
Jan 29, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2010
So the funny story was simply the editor playing around and not doing his job properly.
But he was convinced to help out in the end even tho it was a bit forceful.

Seems the author and editor don't have much contact either judging from the way the editor is.
Seems to me that the editor is just living of the authors fame and using it as an excuse the play around.
Well there are people like that everywhere.
Jan 29, 2015 12:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode had so much goodness to it. I have a lovely warm fuzzy feeling after watching it.

On a personal note, my uncle had a Volvo like the one they drive in the scene at the end. Boy, did they take artistic license there. Those Volvo's were made like a tank, but drove like one too. No way you could go that fast in one!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 29, 2015 12:56 PM
May 2014
Normally Shizuka is my favorite character just because I can relate to her more, but Ema was so cute with her exercises in this episode!
Jan 29, 2015 1:16 PM

May 2012
Gothic Lolita Women's Koushien was a parody of this anime from the 70s. Idiot Boys Koushien. Here the OP:

Jan 29, 2015 1:27 PM

Apr 2010
I love how this show does that Inidial D shit lol. Fantastic episode this week. Had me laughing out loud. Especially when I saw that side of Ema.

Jan 29, 2015 1:28 PM

Oct 2014
Well, this was certainly an interesting episode. So it turns out that it was just the representative being lazy. I thought that it was kind of odd that an author would be so careless with his intellectual property. It makes me mad, because I'm sure that there really are people like that in the real world.

I wonder if Iguchi is going to keep that outfit or not.
Jan 29, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode, finally they managed to do it right.

zimno said:

5/5

That's what I was looking for, thank you :3
Jan 29, 2015 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
zimno said:

5/5

Go! Ema

I Loved This Episode
Jan 29, 2015 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
I totally loved the dance part.

The baseball part was nice!
Jan 29, 2015 2:48 PM

May 2009
Gothloli's pitch was reference to Yakyū-kyō no Uta http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7kgsk
Jan 29, 2015 3:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That feeling of achievement after struggling for a long time, I felt that at the end of the episode. So proud of you Iguchi! It was also interesting to hear how Ogasawara started wearing gothloli clothing. I really enjoyed this episode, from Ema's Angel Exercise, the batting cages (lol omg Ema is so flexible and Ogasawara's pitching form), to Nabe-P and Katsuragi's intensity when they went to get the editor. That drifting. Nabe-P got some skills.

That new guy on the production team is rude as hell, but he did have a point that they don't have to stop everything, which led to Aoi figuring out some other things that could still be done while waiting for the character designs to be approved. Still though, he doesn't have to be such a dick. Ugh.

Aside from all the character designs business, I liked when we followed Kantoku around to see what he tells each department. Especially about how real is good but some things may need to be forgoed if they want to have emotional impact and other things which makes anime interesting to watch. I found it interesting when he talked about making the airplanes have certain quirks to show their personalities. Also when Aoi was asking Kantoku about his multiple-timings in each department, and Kantoku describes the feelings and surroundings he was at certain times. It really reflects the minds of artists I think. Not everyone pays attention to these things, but he does.
Jan 29, 2015 3:10 PM

Dec 2013
zimno said:

So my highlight of this episode was Ema's dancing, as you can see =p
As for the episode, things aren't looking so hot as were now one month behind schedule. We got past one hurdle but the race is far from over.
Jan 29, 2015 3:13 PM

Jun 2013
Three questions:

1.) Did they just squeeze in a baseball service episode into this?
2.) Can I have gifs of Ema in this episode?
3.) Can Tarou learn to shut up for a few seconds?

Questions aside, I really liked this episode about character design and identity and even the importance of inanimate objects and backgrounds painting emotion into media. I learned something nice and at the same time its something I really like and thats anime.
Jan 29, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2013
Yasuhara :D dat dance on the roof.
Ogasawara <3 dem skills. Liked her before. Like her even more now.
Dat armor.
HybridMBL said:
ALL HAIL GOTH LOLI-SAMA!
SHE IS OUR TRUE LORD AND SAVIOR

^
Jan 29, 2015 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode. We get to indulge ourselves in a bit more of Goth Loli-Sama and Iguchi, two characters which I've never been to concerned about but nonetheless interesting to some extent. It is finally revealed why Goth Loli-sama insists on being goth loli, as it was her way of getting her creative gears running, so that's cool.

Ema-chan dance scene on the roof was freaking priceless and it is evident that this was the best moment of the episode, well at least for me. You can feel the embarrassment exuding from Ema as Iguchi walked in on her. The ending was funny too.

Funny Story.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jan 29, 2015 4:38 PM

Jul 2007
Nice dream ball on that goth loli.

Jan 29, 2015 4:55 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode so much! Miyamori totally owned Tarou in the name-blame game.
Then the revelation of Ogasawara being such a great pitcher, providing the advice and backbone needed to protect Akane from the pressure she was facing. That's what decent sempai are suppose to do! It's a shame there aren't that many in real life.

Still, these two take the proverbial cake:
Ema!!
zimno said:

5/5

Ogasawara!

So she used to be a regular animator, till she put on a loli outfit, a wig and some contact lenses.... XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 29, 2015 5:01 PM

May 2013
Ah sucks for megane girl since it's her first time taking such a huge position.

Blonde megane dude is pissing me off.

The author could've been more specific...damn harsh and rude.

Smooth producer.

Holy sh*t so cute Ema xD

Wow goth loli really let 'em have it.

How is Ema so flexible. Her leg went up so high it hurt me.

Goth loli is very wise indeed.
Jan 29, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
zimno said:

5/5

11/10.
Best scene of the year <3
Also goth-loli-sama <3
Jan 29, 2015 6:32 PM
Jun 2012
To my surprise I predicted where goth loli sama was taking them. I was thinking 'It will be someplace you'd never expect, like a baseball place' and then it showed the cages.. Maybe I'm too familiar with shirobako's style by now?
Jan 29, 2015 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
Wow Ema flexable maybe it that weird dance she dose
Jan 29, 2015 7:15 PM

Feb 2013
hen na hanashi

:D
Jan 29, 2015 8:45 PM

Apr 2011
Can't stop laughing with that dance xD

And wow that flexibility on the batting center.
Jan 29, 2015 9:09 PM
Mar 2012
That exercise/dance scene was so blatantly forced, I cringed. It didn't stop me from shamelessly enjoying it though.
Jan 29, 2015 9:17 PM

Mar 2012
Ema is great
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.