Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 9, 2015 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Oh yeah and Lelouch didn't sacrifice Euphy and didn't even try to help her.

Also about light.... what do you expect him to do.... just let him self be caught.... it was ether kill or be caught its that simple.

Light told matsuda to do it he didn't even considering killing his dad.

Lelouch is a poorly written character his inconsistent and his plans make no sense
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Dec 9, 2015 6:45 AM

Sep 2009
Way to necro.
Lelouch has his priorities; he's not a "good" guy at all. But he has a strong, consistent (though skewed to most people) sense of justice, unlike trash epic potato chip eaters like Light.
Light is a boring character who doesn't live up to anyone's expectations. Lelouch is a complex character with very human characteristics; something you're probably too simple to understand.
MortalMelancholyDec 9, 2015 6:53 AM
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 9, 2015 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
Oi OP remember this
julyan said:
Thread Locked.

Hating or criticizing a character as long as it is supported by constructive or valid reasoning is allowed in this forum. It invites people to be open-minded and reconsider their opinion about the subject. A healthy debate will most likely take place for days, weeks and probably months. However this case is different. Remove open-mindedness and flaming those who disagree with you will merely transform this into a rant/spam thread.

For anyone who still wants to talk about this subject, feel free to make a similar thread, but please do take note of what I brought up here to avoid any inconvenience.
Modified by julyan, Nov 3, 7:06 AM

This is exactly how your last thread ended up .Could you not do it again .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Aug 5, 2016 11:51 AM
Jul 2016
I dont know if Lelouch was a hero or not, or if he is good or evil, but that I interested was the complexity about the character, because yes, Lelouch is for far the most complex character ever.
Its ok if you, Animefreak17a, hates him, nobody of this world can be only loved,however, it seems for your whole dialogue you are angrier because there are more Lelouch fans that Light fans, indeed, it seems that Lelouch had defeated Light in almost every thread. And is this fact that maybe, disturb you.
Anyway, I ask out all of you for read the following analysis about Lelouch, which talk very well the complexity about talking before.
https://thestuffstoreofstuff.blogspot.mx/2016/06/character-analysis-lelouch-vi-britannia.html?showComment=1470422051374&m=1#c4016235422478736634
Aug 7, 2016 10:46 PM

Aug 2016
[Total noob here]

@Animefreak17a I see why u calls Lelouch is a prick and not a hero. But still I don't see why u hate him. Probably because u watched Death Note prior to Code Geass. Lelouch is definitely my favorite character, but Light is a close second (I haven't finished watching Death Note yet, my opinion may change).

The reason why Lelouch ranks above Light in the top character list is probably because Code Geass succeeds in attracting more watchers than Death Note does for it's fine animation, huge number of characters and that 'war' aspect.

I agree with u that Zero Requiem is a total mess of a plan, and I personally thinks that Ragnarok Connection thing is rotten all over. Also Lelouch did not try to announce that he could manipulate people and Euphy's actions were his fault. I he could have easily erased her guilt that way.

Also, Lelouch is extremely selfish. The only person he really cared is Nunnaly and for a lesser extent CC, Sherley and Kellen.

I don't know much about Light but from what I seen so far I believe he deserves the first place in the character department AND you're points are correct of Lelouch not being a hero.

But Lelouch is still the second. Don't hate the character just because his fandom totally ignores you favorites.
Aug 8, 2016 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
DeltaNemesis said:

The reason why Lelouch ranks above Light in the top character list is probably because Code Geass succeeds in attracting more watchers than Death Note does for it's fine animation, huge number of characters and that 'war' aspect.

The fact is exact opposite. Death Note is considered a "Must watch" anime and always be in the top, is more popular than Code Geass and made a reference. Indeed, in MAL there are 928K Death Note favorites against 528K Code Geass favorites.
For that reason, the Lelouch's victory above Light is more interesting and more satisfactory :).
I like very much Death Note, but Code Geass, but above all Lelouch, IMO is better.
Aug 8, 2016 4:02 PM
Jun 2016
Light is a sociopathic murderer who was willing to kill his own family multiple times and literally barks on about hes a god all the time. He is also pretty one dimensional character in my opinion, he has no inner conflict, no inner demons, no tragic past, no real development as a character. Just some smart student who goes nuts and tries to kill criminals. The only real interesting thing about his character was how he progessively became more of a villain throughout the series.

as for morals, name me one person light actually cared about.

Also I'm aware lelouch did kill euphy but he did it out nessecity and was clearly wracked with guilt after doing so.
Aug 10, 2016 12:27 AM

Aug 2016
Neftimoon said:
DeltaNemesis said:

The fact is exact opposite. Death Note is considered a "Must watch" anime and always be in the top, is more popular than Code Geass and made a reference. Indeed, in MAL there are 928K Death Note favorites against 528K Code Geass favorites.
For that reason, the Lelouch's victory above Light is more interesting and more satisfactory :).
I like very much Death Note, but Code Geass, but above all Lelouch, IMO is better.

I'm aware that Death Note is extremely famous and have been favorited by many. And of course it ranks above Code Geass by the number of favorites.

But u should know that MAL is just a fraction of Anime community. Though it is one of the leading sites in the field, the majority (casual anime watchers) are not serious enough to get in here. They just watch an anime and thinks it cool. So here u can't say that MAL's "Most Favorited" system is 100% accurate.

2nd reason is that the order that one watches the two titles. If u show some one the two trailers of Death Notes and Code Geass respectively, the average person would choose Code Geass. Because Death Note encourages the theme of dark and twisted-ness more than Code Geass.
(It is like Marvel and DC, a general person likes Marvel because it is easy to comprehend, and good with humour and light themed. Ex:- Iron man. But a much matured, hard-core comic fan would prefer DC due to it in-depth-ness, and dark theme. Ex:- Batman)
So if you watched Code Geass first u can appreciate both Yagami Light and Lelouch Vi Britannia. But if you watched Death Note first then u will see Code Geass in its shadow, labeling Code Geass as a discount version of Death Note)

Tell me if I'm wrong.
Aug 10, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
DeltaNemesis said:
Neftimoon said:

I'm aware that Death Note is extremely famous and have been favorited by many. And of course it ranks above Code Geass by the number of favorites.

But u should know that MAL is just a fraction of Anime community. Though it is one of the leading sites in the field, the majority (casual anime watchers) are not serious enough to get in here. They just watch an anime and thinks it cool. So here u can't say that MAL's "Most Favorited" system is 100% accurate.

2nd reason is that the order that one watches the two titles. If u show some one the two trailers of Death Notes and Code Geass respectively, the average person would choose Code Geass. Because Death Note encourages the theme of dark and twisted-ness more than Code Geass.
(It is like Marvel and DC, a general person likes Marvel because it is easy to comprehend, and good with humour and light themed. Ex:- Iron man. But a much matured, hard-core comic fan would prefer DC due to it in-depth-ness, and dark theme. Ex:- Batman)
So if you watched Code Geass first u can appreciate both Yagami Light and Lelouch Vi Britannia. But if you watched Death Note first then u will see Code Geass in its shadow, labeling Code Geass as a discount version of Death Note)

Tell me if I'm wrong.

I only mentioned MAL cause is the forum where we discuss this and the closest point of reference. But if you search other rankings you can realize that Death note> Code Geass in terms of popularity.
However fandom insists compare where there is practically little to compare, are not in the same universe, are not the same circumstances and neither the bakground of the players is the same. Only both series are faced because they are key players out of the ordinary, complex, highly intelligent and Machiavellian. And if one overshadows the other I disagree because they are different as I explained.
In my case I love both series but at the time of ranking put to Code Geass above Death Note. Repeat, in my case.
Talking about Lelouch, and perhaps he is more likable that Light, is due to several factors and not just the popularity of the series.
Anyway, I think there will never be enough reasons when some fandom feel hurt when another fictional character seems better than yours.
Good day!
Sep 8, 2016 11:33 AM

Oct 2009

I may be 8 years late in watching this brilliant anime but I'm just going to take my time in addressing your points and opinions to offer my own opinions on the show I watched.

I think that Lelouch was indeed a tactical and strategic genius and an emotional person.
I do not think he was fantastic or selfless but he had his own determination, he made his own purpose.

I've watched Death Note too, I liked both L and Yagami Light. I thought that Light did what he thought was right, followed his own sense of justice. The difference between Light and Lelouch is the end product. Light wished to achieve peace by ruling the world with fear, he cared more for his own self-preservation. While Lelouch developed from just wanting to create a gentle world for Nunnally into letting the world progress to a better future by destroying the cycle of hatred along with himself.

Indeed Lelouch has made many mistakes and difficult decision, he is still human. I'll now address your points in the same numbering format...

1) He kills Clovis. It is true Lelouch is driven by two things: Revenge and to give Nunnally a gentle world to live in. Lelouch is under the impression that one or more of his siblings killed his mother out of hatred or jealousy or something, he still harbours this hatred of that and his father abandoning him and his sister for 8 long years. He does not kill Clovis because Clovis killed 11s or the fact that Clovis had no information about his mother's death. Lelouch understands the sin of murder. Killing someone let alone a relative is already sinful. He does so to start his path on a revolution as he does not believe he can change the world without dirtying his hands.

2) Yes he tried to capture and use Cornelia as a hostage. Cornelia from her standpoint thought and was upset that Lelouch and Nunnally died in Japan, for that and her upbringing she hated all non-britannians but now she has got past that. She loved Lady Marianne and her children. Ruthless in battle but caring to her loved ones. She did want to avenge Marianne and her offsprings. Lelouch for his whole life and especially these last 8 years only cares for his blind and crippled sister, Nunnally. He is blind to the rest of his family who he believes abandoned them. All he knows after the death of his mother and from Clovis, is that Schneizel and Cornelia might know something about his mother's death. He is bitter not knowing that it was actually his own mother that called off the guards and not that the guards abandoned their positions. Lelouch seeks the truth even if he is the one lying to everyone including himself.

3) Indeed he wanted Euphy to shoot him in front of the 11s so that she'd become the villain and zero becomes the hero and symbol of hope. Simply because one her plan would ruin his plan and second because although he believed her plan had good intentions but he believed it would not work and that Britannia would have control of Japan and it would not solve the problem.
However he was about to agree to Euphy's plan because he realised that her plan could work if they worked together and that she indeed was the same as how he knew her when he realised she had no agenda. But unfortunately he screwed up and didn't realise he lost control of his power and accidentally used it on Euphy.

4) Indeed it was an accident. I am no hardcore fan of Lelouch nor am I against him. After he accidentally used his geass on Euphy, and unable to stop her from killing anyone, he resolves to fully use this incident and kill her in the end. I do not really condone his decision. What is done is done and you cannot change that. He doesn't clear her name but instead tries to put all the hatred accumulated up to now upon himself. He realised atm the tragedy happened was that it was his fault even if it's unintentional, he beared the sin of many lives lost because of an accident. How could he simply own up to it and clear Euphy's name, telling the world, the mass, the existence of geass, that's just ludicrous perhaps. Clearing Euphy's name would not have changed the fact that many people were killed under her orders. He took it upon himself to try and achieve Nunnally's and Euphy's dream because it was the least he could do. He took it upon himself to kill Euphy himself and not anyone else, because it was a burden he had to shoulder. He gave her a command to kill all Japanese which means she wouldn't have been in control of herself until she died or all japanese people were dead. Well he didn't realise that there might be something to cancel geass but tbh it's already too late. To keep Euphy alive would give rise to mutiny within the Black Knights.

4) btw you repeated point 4, or it could be a continuation. Indeed he left the battlefield to save Nunnally but that was to be expected since it's his sole reason for living, and reason for this rebellion. We all knew that Nunnally was the most important thing to him watching the first couple episodes. This is the emotional Lelouch where he becomes illogical, for survival he must protect Nunnally, otherwise all meaning is lost for him. Nunnally overrides everything even Euphy.

5) Indeed I agree on the points of why Lelouch started a rebellion, it is simple and human.
Revenge on his father,
finding the truth behind his mother's death,
granting Nunnally's wish of a gentle world

His motives are selfish and human. But after the death of his parents because he destroyed the sword of Akasha and believing Nunnally was dead.
He did not just ask Suzaku to kill him. He made a plan to appease the world and let it move onto a better future, he did it to grant Nunnally's and Euphy's wish. The world they wished for. Though if he knew Nunnally was alive, he would have perhaps adjusted the plan but a similar plan would go through. Nunnally is his strength and greatest weakness so he hesitates around her. He carried on his plans despite knowing Nunnally was alive because in truth it was the only plan he thought of that would work

6) Lelouch and Suzaku don't know each other in and out if people truly believe that, over the last 8 years, they were apart save from the chance meeting, they didn't know how the other person had changed. What they wanted to trust was the person they knew 8 years ago. Suzaku already betrayed Lelouch once so Lelouch believed that Suzaku had indeed changed because of events that has happened, he feels betrayed and is emotionally affected. Suzaku is similar, he hates Zero, but wants to trust Lelouch and eventually understands that Lelouch was lying to others and himself because of his own experience when he killed his father.

7) He a few of his half-siblings but indeed he only cares for Nunnally as right you said that she is his world. In a sense, the world does not matter if Nunnally is not in it. However his view changed after the truth behind his mother and death of his parents.

Nina has changed a lot, she was obsessed with Euphy like how Lelouch was obsessed with Nunnally. But she changed to save what she believed in when she realised the weapon she created just created death. Reality of the world caught up to her.

I do not hate any of the characters in Code Geass but try to understand and sympathise with them and the decisions they each made.

Lelouch did indeed hate Britannia and how the world ran. The rule of Survival of the fittest. As it would not be a world suited for Nunnally. He did not have the power to change it but with Geass he did have the power and so he used it.

"The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed"

For me this is the quote that differentiates Lelouch from Light, Lelouch was always prepared to be killed. When he said that I thought he was going to die at the end of the series.
I respect that he continued to the end...
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Oct 16, 2016 11:29 PM
Jul 2016
I like both Light and Lelouch (even though I never finished Death Note.) I liked Lelouch better just because he let himself become the villain to change the world for the better. To be honest I mostly came here to read the butthurt comments XD
It was much big too be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed it was a heap of raw iron. -Berserk
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.