Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Ohayo everyone~ I'm midnight.

My favorite slice of life anime is Lucky Star, I haven't read a lot of manga unfortunately.
Favorite slice of life character is konata.

I started watching anime when I was a toddler, but I don't count that because I didnt know exactly what anime was :P
I started watching legit when I was in junior high school with Elfen Lied.
Merry Christmas Minna~♥
natsunootouto said:
@Specialoneofcourse
What are you saying now? Everybody knows you are special ^_^
"I'll be the town's international barista lawyer!"
Jun 17, 2015 12:41 AM

Sep 2013
Ah Lucky Star. I basically watched the whole anime on two afternoons, sitting at a chair row in the back of a university room after lessons have long since ended. It's been early in my anime life and I simply couldn't stop or even going home first :D

Welcome to the club, midnightsong. Not that much going on these days, but I hope that this changes eventually ~
Jun 18, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2014
Hi there everybody!! My name is Ashwin and I'm from India. Pleased to meet you.
Jun 18, 2015 7:44 AM

Jan 2015
Hi everyone I'm Fejay 18 years old currently studying at STI college. hmm my username is...

Username: Black_vise
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Hanasaku Iroha, Barakamon, Kimi to Boku, Non Non Biyori, Clannad / AS, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Hayate no Gotoku! Series, Hyouka, K-On! Series, etc...
Favorite Slice of Life manga: nothing right now
Favorite Slice of Life characters: nothing right now
A little bit more about yourself: well, hmm... let's see. I am a bit realist sometimes and like to hangout with my friends after school and during free time. and, my favorite food is curry. then my hobbies are playing games, watching anime, reading manga and LN's and I am interested, discover new things about the anime.
Jun 20, 2015 12:50 PM

May 2015
Username: draconicwyvern
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Natsume Yuujinchou
Favorite Slice of Life manga: Probably OHSHC
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Natsume Takashi, Madara
A little bit more about yourself: I started watching anime in 2013, but it's only now that I've continually watched it, so my anime list is really short... I have a soft spot for animated shows, whether it be anime, cartoons, or animated movies. It's only recently that I discovered this site, and I'm looking forward to using it more (•ᴗ•)[/b]
Jun 20, 2015 11:59 PM

Sep 2013
Welcome, always a pleasure to see people interested in the beloved SoL genre of ours.

Quite the long favourite anime list you've got there, Black_vise ^_^
And draconicwyvern, don't feel shy about asking the experienced MAL users for recommendations or other things concerning anime or even life itself. People here on this site are far more helpful than it seems sometimes, I can promise you ~
Jun 21, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
Welcome everyone ^u^

I see quite a few series I really enjoyed :P
Jun 23, 2015 10:38 PM

Jun 2010
Username: fshahid
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Kimi ni Todoke
Favorite Slice of Life manga: none yet (don't read manga, but read first few chapters of Kimi ni Todoke so maybe it counts?)
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Kuronuma Sawako (from Kimi ni Todoke)
A little bit more about yourself: I started watching anime earliest from 2009 I think. Got interested in watching anime when I stumbled on some mini encoded mp4/mkv sites by mistake (well now I'd say it was by luck), watched Haruhi, Studo Ghibli movies, Hachimitsu to Clover, etc to name a few.

Since the very beginning I was more interested in Slice of Life, School, Comedy, Romance kind of genres, while anything that has magic, action, psychological, supernatural, etc kinda put me off (not interested). First two years were more of me asking friends on forum for recommendations, then soon I started exploring it myself, mostly Slice of Life.

Anything which is as close as series like Nichijou (which is pure SoL with some unexplained comical puns) and Kimi ni Todoke (romance drama full of feels and calmness) becomes my instant attention and eventually my fav.

Been using MAL for record keeping during the whole time, but just recently I have taken an interest in MAL forums too! :)

Thanks for reading, hope to make good friends here who can suggest good anime related to Slice of Life genres :)
Jun 24, 2015 12:25 AM

Sep 2013
fshahid said:
First two years were more of me asking friends on forum for recommendations, then soon I started exploring it myself, mostly Slice of Life.

Similar to me, only that I had a real life acquaintance I got most recommendations from. Shortly before joining MAL though, the amount of SoL anime I started watching exploded ^.^

I'd say that the best romance anime I have ever watched is Nana, which has the clear advantage of being serious throughout its whole course without relying on embarrassing cliches of most modern RomComs.

And about SoL with unexplained comical puns, you could look into Ika Musume. Although I would understand if it's a tad too eccentric for you.
Jun 24, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2015
Username: Oumae
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Non Non Biyori, Love Live
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Kawashima Sapphire, Onodera Kousaki
A little bit more about yourself: I'm Raine/Cat and I'm 13 years old. I love anime, sweet food, cats, and SOL anime of course :3
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jun 24, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2012
Welcome new members. :3 Hopefully you enjoy your time in the club. ~
Jun 24, 2015 8:06 PM

Jan 2014
Hey there, just joined since I've received an invitation.

I did not really know of things such as clubs on MAL, always used it just to keep track of my animes.

Well anyway, since I am fond of this Slice of life genre, I'm glad to be part of this group.

Nice to meet you all and I hope we'll get along in any threads that may come.
Jun 25, 2015 4:11 AM

Nov 2014
Username: Jcrisier2217-san
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Favorite Slice of Life manga: -
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Rikka Takanashi, Mirai Kuriyama, Mashiro Shiina, Shinka Nibutani
A little bit more about yourself: 18 Years old (IRL) Slice of Anime is one of my favorite genre because I kinda feel excitement. Started watching anime since 2013 since my brother introduced me an anime. I am friendly and respectful. Hoping to be friend.
Jun 25, 2015 6:46 AM

Sep 2013
Welcome guys, hope you'll enjoy SoL for many more years to come, and whatever MAL is providing you (:

Jcrisier2217-san said:
Started watching anime since 2013 since my brother introduced me an anime.

Yep, the brothers know how to introduce someone to the greater world of anime ^^
Jun 25, 2015 8:18 AM

Oct 2014
Welcome everyone ^_^/

My sisters and I were watching anime on TV since childhood, so we kinda started at the same time. We still watch anime, but at least my interests leaned towards pretty artworks (lol) and osu! :P
Jun 25, 2015 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Okey,so let´s go :

Username: vtec-san
Favorite Slice of Life anime: Love Live! School Idol Project and Tamako Market
Favorite Slice of Life manga: I don´t read many mangas.So I can´t answer it
Favorite Slice of Life characters: Nozomi Tojo & Tamako Kitahirasawa
A little bit more about yourself: A Spanish guy who wants to see more SoL after watching animes like,Kokoro Connect,Tamako Market,Sakura Trick some months and days ago.I´m currently watching Hibike! Euphonium,but I´m very sure I´ll watch more SoL

Greetings from Spain!
Jun 25, 2015 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
Xiaraith said:
Welcome guys, hope you'll enjoy SoL for many more years to come, and whatever MAL is providing you (:

Jcrisier2217-san said:
Started watching anime since 2013 since my brother introduced me an anime.

Yep, the brothers know how to introduce someone to the greater world of anime ^^

Thanks to him, I've got something to do with my life. While I introduce the anime to my younger brother.
Jun 26, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
Welcome vtec-san ^o^/

Wow, haven't watched Love Live and Tamako Market yet, I should watch them someday, just like dozens of series pending :P
Jun 26, 2015 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
Cookiemaid said:
Welcome vtec-san ^o^/

Wow, haven't watched Love Live and Tamako Market yet, I should watch them someday, just like dozens of series pending :P

Hello,thank you very much ;)
Love Live´s argument is very good.The OST are very good,and there are SoL momments.
About Tamako Market (obviusly for my taste),is a great SoL.It mixes SoL and Comedy perfectly and the main character is a very cute girl

See you soon ;)
Jun 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
Heyyyy guys
I just joined
I don't even like Slice of Life anime, in fact, I generally despise them
I just came here for the forum games
Jun 28, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
Welcome berserker15 o/

Also, 10/10 reason to stay here :^)
Jun 28, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2010
Xiaraith said:
fshahid said:
First two years were more of me asking friends on forum for recommendations, then soon I started exploring it myself, mostly Slice of Life.

Similar to me, only that I had a real life acquaintance I got most recommendations from. Shortly before joining MAL though, the amount of SoL anime I started watching exploded ^.^

I'd say that the best romance anime I have ever watched is Nana, which has the clear advantage of being serious throughout its whole course without relying on embarrassing cliches of most modern RomComs.

And about SoL with unexplained comical puns, you could look into Ika Musume. Although I would understand if it's a tad too eccentric for you.

"Ika Musume" looks like "Azumanga Daioh" anime, or is it different? I liked the randomness of Osaka and the stories that revolves around the twin tailed girl whose twin tails are 'detachable', or so Osaka thinks :D I will check this series soon though.
And, hmm "Nana"... looks very similar to "Aoi Hana" that I finished watching just two weeks ago. That wasn't that much rated than this series by the way O.O I will check this too.
Thanks! :)

I forgot to mention in my initial post on this topic that: I'm a big fan of "Kimi ni Todoke" anime series and as such I've created a site dedicated to 'Sawako' at end of year 2011 (you can check my profile for the site link). Hope you ppl like it :3 Do watch the series if you haven't yet seen it!

PS. Having a lot of trouble with this forum post system, very difficult to use (small window to write to)... and manual BB code makes it even harder... (at least for me).
fshahidJun 28, 2015 5:32 PM
Jun 29, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2014
Cookiemaid said:
Welcome berserker15 o/

Also, 10/10 reason to stay here :^)
That's what I was going for
Jun 29, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
Okairi Berserkeru san
u can get out nao lmao jk
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 29, 2015 9:31 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
Okairi Berserkeru san
Heyyyyy
I know you from somewhere, right?
Jun 29, 2015 9:32 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
Deus-Vult said:
Okairi Berserkeru san
Heyyyyy
i dunno u
hu r u agen?
Jun 29, 2015 9:34 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
Heyyyyy
i dunno u
hu r u agen?
I'm that one guy that began the legendary CD franchise
You're that guy who made that classic dinosaur thread, right?
Jun 29, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
Deus-Vult said:
i dunno u
hu r u agen?
no
I dunno hu ar u referring to
Jun 29, 2015 9:41 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
no
I dunno hu ar u referring to
Must have been the wrong guy
He had a cool dinosaur avatar that went "yee", "yeeee", "yeeeeeeeeee"
Just like that
I'll let you in on a little secret though
*leans in*
Your avatar is cooler
Jun 29, 2015 9:44 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
Just like that
*leans in*
Your avatar is cooler
rly? tanks
I beliv taht equality is for all
btw are u enjoying dis club? eventho ur just new?
Jun 29, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
Just like that
*leans in*
Your avatar is cooler
rly? tanks
Well, I don't know yet
I would say that this club is cooler
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=65923
But tread carefully, cool kids only
Jun 29, 2015 9:49 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
Deus-Vult said:
rly? tanks
Well, I don't know yet
wow so kewl
too much privacy eh?
Jun 29, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
Well, I don't know yet
wow so kewl
too much privacy eh?
You can never have too much privacy, or piracy
IDK, what do you think?
Jun 29, 2015 9:56 PM
Jul 2018
hi everyone!! you can call me pt
nice to meet you all!

my favourite slice of life is gundoh musashi and himegoto
Jun 29, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
IDK, what do you think?
yeah me too
potatotron said:
nice to meet you all!

Hi pt
u lyk Musashi too? wow are we soulmates?
Jun 29, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2014
potatotron said:
nice to meet you all!

Your avatar looks like it's doing ecstasy
Jun 29, 2015 10:01 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
IDK, what do you think?
yeah me too
Silly remv, that's not an appropriate answer
Jun 29, 2015 10:05 PM

Jan 2015
berserker15 said:
Deus-Vult said:
yeah me too
who's remv? Im deus vult tho......
Jun 29, 2015 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
Deus-Vult said:
Hi pt

omg yes! who's your favourite character??

there needs to be a gundoh musashi fanclub :B
Jun 29, 2015 10:09 PM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
berserker15 said:
who's remv? Im deus vult tho......
Remv is the Joseph guy, not the JoJo, the one that hangs out in stalls and stuff
Jun 29, 2015 10:17 PM

Jan 2015
potatotron said:
Deus-Vult said:
Hi pt

too bad only a few acknowledge such work of art :(
berserker15 said:
Remv is the Joseph guy, not the JoJo, the one that hangs out in stalls and stuff
oohhhh I see
Jun 29, 2015 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
berserker15 said:
potatotron said:
nice to meet you all!

Your avatar looks like it's doing ecstasy

she's from my faourite hentai doujin thanks
Jun 30, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2014
Deus-Vult said:
potatotron said:

too bad only a few acknowledge such work of art :(
berserker15 said:
oohhhh I see
No you don't, you're blind
Jul 4, 2015 12:12 AM

Sep 2014
notsootakuBen here

Fav SoL anime: Toradora!

Fav SoL manga: Kimi No Iru Machi (but im not sure if they're SoL)

Fav SoL character: Onodera Kosaki!

I watched anime when I was younger but dropped it due to peer pressure. Now im 18 and im enjoying what i love most... Moving pixels entertainment hahaha!
semi-active
Oh it's that delinquent, Ayukawa Madoka ♡

Jul 4, 2015 12:16 AM

Sep 2013
Both Kosaki and Minori in your favourites. They are my favourite girls of their respective anime as well ^_^

Don't ever succumb to peer pressure. Today's world gives everyone a chance to do what they like, and understanding that there can be vastly different preferences and needs is crucial to live the most fulfilling togetherness.
Jul 6, 2015 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
hello there everyone!
since I'm not really active on mal except for shishio's club, I thought I'd join some other club and try to be more active, therefore, I'm here! I'm 21, you can call me either filauria, kuroneko (my previous username was kuronekodesu so some ppl know me by that) or kata (shortened version of my real name), or anything else you come up with! Hmm, I like design, both of my list designs were coded by me, sometimes I meddle in ps but not so much lately. I'm also a (console) gamer, my favourite franchise is the legend of zelda.

✖ favourite slice of life anime: great teacher onizuka, sakamichi no apollon, eve no jikan, hyouka, danshi koukousei no nichijou...
✖ favourite slice of life manga: strobe edge, hirunaka no ryuusei, ao haru ride;
✖ favourite slice of life characters: onizuka eikichi, oreki hotarou, mamura daiki...

nice to meet you all and I hope we can get along c:
Jul 6, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2013
Your lists look beautiful and simple enough to not get needlessly distracted. And I enjoyed all of your favourite SoL anime as well. Onizuka is such an amazing guy, the anime world needs more of his sort.

Nice to meet you ~
Jul 7, 2015 5:38 AM

Jun 2015
Hello! I'm new here and I joined this club to receive some anime recommendations of this genre. But I also joined because I wanted to make some friends here so please take care of me. Thank you so much! ^O^
Jul 7, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2014
Hi, everyone!

My name is Michał and I cover my identity with this old Albion 9601. I am an amateurish manga artist. I have a DeviantArt page - feel free to check it out if you wish, although I haven't uploaded new stuff for a while.
I wanted to join this club because I love the balance between entertainment and taking things easy which slice of life series provide.

- Favourite SoL anime: Nichijou

- Favourite SoL manga: well... Nichijou...

- Favourite SoL character: Tsuyuri Kumin or Takanashi Rikka from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (I can never decide...)

Anyway, I hope I'll learn something from you, guys, and get to know some good slice of life manga and anime thanks to you ;)
My DeviantArt page: Albion-Poland
Want to talk about anime? Contact me on Twitter! :)
My MAL statistics.
Jul 7, 2015 6:59 AM

Sep 2013
Hey guys, nice to meet you.
If you want to talk to a few other people here or indeed ask for SoL recommendations, I suggest you to use the comment section on the club's main page. Every comment there will be answered eventually ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 11:14 AM

» Hyouka

HIPPOcat - Dec 25, 2023

1 by shiro-seishun »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Sticky: » Join our new Discord Server

Usagi - Mar 16, 2018

15 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 8:28 AM

» What Are Some Of Your Favorite Slice Of Life Scenes?

Art05 - May 9, 2015

8 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:49 AM

» 3-gatsu no Lion and Self Destruction

Dats - Apr 15, 2018

1 by Thousand_Vangs »»
Apr 12, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.