Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 28, 2015 4:54 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
Good fights are the exception? Only episode 7 had disappointing action, the rest have been great (if short).

I wasn't disappointed at all. On the one hand, Saber vs Assassin wasn't particularly amazing, but that wasn't the most important fight. On the other hand, Archer kicked Caster's ass with style. That's probably one of my favorite scenes of the first cour.

If by action you mean a lot of back and forth movement, then yeah it doesn't have much of that. That's a pretty narrow definition though.
Jan 28, 2015 4:54 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Mickdrew said:

They fought for 20 good seconds at the beginning - that's all the choreography I noticed.

Yeah, that was the fighting part.

The rest is talking. XD

Even for this show, that's cutting it too fine. It was good, but like I said, the action in that episode was disappointing >.<
FlameseeK said:

I wasn't disappointed at all. On the one hand, Saber vs Assassin wasn't particularly amazing, but that wasn't the most important fight. On the other hand, Archer kicked Caster's ass with style. That's probably one of my favorite scenes of the first cour.

If by action you mean a lot of back and forth movement, then yeah it doesn't have much of that. That's a pretty narrow definition though.

Archer firing his arrow was awesome, but besides that not much happened. They just ran around for a bit under fire.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah, I see your point. I guess there could have been more dodging and actual fighting, although the episode itself was still pretty solid imo. The way you put it made it seem like you didn't like the action, but as I undestand now you just mean there wasn't enough action - that is, good quality but unsatisfactory length.
Jan 28, 2015 5:22 PM

Nov 2014
If you guys are looking for fights, I'll be waiting in the school alleyway

Jan 28, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
archer vs caster was one of the fights that i thought would be improved i was never that hyped for it because it wasn't that good in vn either. totally exceeded my exceptions with saber vs assasin though.
Jan 28, 2015 5:25 PM

Sep 2013
FlameseeK said:
Yeah, I see your point. I guess there could have been more dodging and actual fighting, although the episode itself was still pretty solid imo. The way you put it made it seem like you didn't like the action, but as I undestand now you just mean there wasn't enough action - that is, good quality but unsatisfactory length.

Oh yeah, the episode itself was still good, and the the action it did have was great.

Much prefer the fightinng style in F/SN compared to F/Z. Can't wait for some of the stuff that'll go down in the second cour. That will be awesome :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2015 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
Mickdrew said:
fst said:

You shouldn't expect that from ufotable since it's clearly the exception rather than the norm.

Good fights are the exception? Only episode 7 had disappointing action, the rest have been great (if short).

No, I meant fights that aren't frequently interjected by exposition. Those are pretty rare since it's a VN adaptation; Lancer vs Archer in episode 0 and Saber vs Lancer in episode 1 (up until he fires up Gae Bolg, at least) are, AFAIK, the two longest uninteruppted fight scenes in the series. Partly as a result, they're also (for me, at least) the most visually impressive.

chickenonthepan said:
Mickdrew said:

They fought for 20 good seconds at the beginning - that's all the choreography I noticed.

Yeah, that was the fighting part.

The rest is talking. XD

Saber vs Assasin was amazing, but it was just way too short to even be particularly memorable.

Mickdrew said:
FlameseeK said:

Archer firing his arrow was awesome, but besides that not much happened. They just ran around for a bit under fire.

Archer vs Caster is not as technically complex as the sequences in episode 0 and 1, but it doesn't really need that anyways.
Jan 28, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
fst said:
Mickdrew said:

No, I meant fights that aren't frequently interjected by exposition. Those are pretty rare since it's a VN adaptation; Lancer vs Archer in episode 0 and Saber vs Lancer in episode 1 (up until he fires up Gae Bolg, at least) are, AFAIK, the two longest uninteruppted fight scenes in the series. Partly as a result, they're also (for me, at least) the most visually impressive.

That's the style of the director, I guess - and I agree it does make for more entertaining fights.
Jan 28, 2015 5:44 PM

Mar 2013
Mickdrew said:
fst said:

That's the style of the director, I guess - and I agree it does make for more entertaining fights.

Sort of, not really. Zero suffers from this as well, but it's because of the way the fights are written, it's sort of inevitable, essentially because what's interesting to read is not always the same as what's interesting to watch.

Zero, for example, cuts out tons of explanation and leaves some fight scenes with little to no explanation and you're just sort of asked to accept that stuff just works. And yet, despite that, there are almost no fights in zero that go more than 30 seconds at a time without exposition.
Jan 28, 2015 6:52 PM

Sep 2014
This thread reminds me how glad I am that we actually get to see objective, meaningful fights in F/SN that don't drag on for 10+ episodes while characters have idle chat during battle (dat character development) until at long last someone actually lands the very first punch, which does nothing but scratch the other person. *cough dbz cough*
Jan 28, 2015 6:56 PM

Sep 2013
hehehe
Jan 28, 2015 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
In terms of Ufo UBW cour 1, I'd rank the fights:

1. Saber/Archer/Rin vs Berserker/Ilya - Yeah, there were interruptions and it wasn't a continuous fight, but still my favorite and beautiful to watch.

2. Archer vs Lancer - Jaw drop when I saw this.

3. Saber/Rin/Shirou vs Caster/Kuzuki - Exactly how I imagined Kuzuki mopping the floor out of Saber.

4. Archer vs Caster - "I am the bone of my sword."

5. Saber vs Lancer - Dat Gay Bulge.

6. Saber vs Assassin

7. Shirou vs Rin

8. Archer vs Assassin

9. Saber/Archer vs Caster bridge battle

10. Shirou/Rin/Saber vs Caster's skeletons

11. Shirou vs Rider
Jan 29, 2015 1:34 AM

Aug 2014
Mickdrew said:
fst said:

You shouldn't expect that from ufotable since it's clearly the exception rather than the norm.

wth? Episode 7 had pretty good action, especially in Sasaki v. Saber, and Caladbolg looked great.
You want to talk about disappointing, look no further than Ep.12
Jan 29, 2015 1:55 AM

Sep 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Mickdrew said:

wth? Episode 7 had pretty good action, especially in Sasaki v. Saber, and Caladbolg looked great.

As Mick explained in his other comment, his main issue with the episode is actually the lack of action rather than the quality of the action the episode does have.
Jan 29, 2015 3:56 AM

Oct 2013
Come to think, you can not call the fight Shirou with Archer (with 10% of its power) and with Gil as a asspull: fight with servants was already standing before in the series,even if only to defend themselves, as happened (Rider vs Shirou). And I do not think all the choices and dodging attacks and any other situation that had the quick thinking of Shirou be only help Archer.

After all, he only discovers this in UBW. Even the natural aptitude it is praised for Lancer and Saber.
[spoiler] Well, in the future he will BE a heroic spirit, natural that even young has remnants of Eye of the Mind, even weak.

[spoiler]What skill is the more stronger: Eye of the Mind True or Eye of the Mind False?
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Jan 29, 2015 6:42 AM

Jan 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Mickdrew said:

That's what happens when they spend all the budget on the date.
Jan 29, 2015 6:51 AM

Oct 2013
chickenonthepan said:
Insertanamehere said:

That's what happens when they spend all the budget on the date.

It's true XD
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Jan 29, 2015 8:14 AM

Sep 2013
FlameseeK said:
Insertanamehere said:

As Mick explained in his other comment, his main issue with the episode is actually the lack of action rather than the quality of the action the episode does have.

Exactly, plus I was never expecting episode 12 to be action packed, so I wasn't very disappointed. I was a little let down that we didn't have more Kirei kicking ass (hopefully that scene is extended in the BDs), but other wise it was obv going to be a drama focused episode - which I have absolutely no problem with. I probably prefer it, actually.
Jan 29, 2015 10:26 AM

Sep 2014
I thought episode 12 was really good. The new caster scene was quite interesting. If they'd done it like in the novel, it probably wouldn't have been as interesting in this adaptation. The change of place is also a good way to make things look fresh. It was also nice to see how Rin reacted to the talk between Shirou and Caster.

Maybe this episode could have used more monologues to show Shirou's guilty more clearly, but that applies to the rest of this show as well.
Jan 29, 2015 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
I'm not complaining about the episode; the fight scene itself was sloppy.
Jan 29, 2015 10:48 AM

Sep 2014
What fight scene? Kirei's?
Jan 29, 2015 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
FlameseeK said:
What fight scene? Kirei's?

Saber vs Golems and Caster.
Jan 29, 2015 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah the fight scenes weren't good.
Jan 29, 2015 11:00 AM

Jul 2007
SAber VS Berserker and Archer vs Sasaki.

Worst? Caster VS Saber Caster Vs Archer at temple.
Jan 29, 2015 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
If we are talking about fights in the anime my favorite so far was Kiritsugu vs Keirei. However I think I might like Shirou vs Archer better when it gets animated
Mar 7, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
Shirou vs Archer (ubw)
Mar 7, 2015 2:03 AM

Sep 2013
Karin-Covenant said:
Shirou vs Archer (ubw)

If you're talking about the movie, then just wait for the new and improved ufo version. So hyped!
Mar 7, 2015 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
Mickdrew said:
Karin-Covenant said:
Shirou vs Archer (ubw)

If you're talking about the movie, then just wait for the new and improved ufo version. So hyped!

i'm actually talking about the VN
anyway i also like shirou vs rin silly battle
Mar 7, 2015 2:13 AM

Sep 2013
Karin-Covenant said:
Mickdrew said:

Trust me, it was much sillier in the 2006 series. I agree, ufo did a gret job with it.
Mar 7, 2015 2:15 AM

Feb 2015

nuff said.....
Mar 7, 2015 2:17 AM

Feb 2009
chat77 said:

nuff said.....

Accompanied by the best music.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Mar 7, 2015 2:19 AM

Feb 2015
HungryPriest said:
chat77 said:

nuff said.....

Accompanied by the best music.

That was really aholyshitwhatthehellhowthefuckisitsobadass!!! moment from VN
Mar 7, 2015 2:21 AM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
Karin-Covenant said:

Trust me, it was much sillier in the 2006 series. I agree, ufo did a gret job with it.

They overdid it tbh.
A BIG part of that fight is Shirou's trolling personality(showcasing that he does not relaly believe she would kill him at first) and that is completely missed, making him look just dense..

I hoped they'd at least keep "OH that was a nice jump, Tohsaka. And here I thought you said you had flab/were fat"
Mar 7, 2015 2:26 AM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

They overdid it tbh.
A BIG part of that fight is Shirou's trolling personality(showcasing that he does not relaly believe she would kill him at first) and that is completely missed, making him look just dense..

I hoped they'd at least keep "OH that was a nice jump, Tohsaka. And here I thought you said you had flab/were fat"

>Shirou is so dense to be teasing her in a fight
>She's trying to kill him and he makes a fat joke. What an idiot
>Gary stu - no one would act this composed while running for their lives

You can't please these people, Fai. Haters will always hate.
Mar 7, 2015 2:31 AM

Jul 2007
Mickdrew said:
CookingPriest said:

They overdid it tbh.

>Shirou is so dense to be teasing her in a fight
>She's trying to kill him and he makes a fat joke. What an idiot
>Gary stu - no one would act this composed while running for their lives

You can't please these people, Fai. Haters will always hate.

^Except that those bitchwhines would have been way easier to deflect.

The first one would be alleviated by proper fight handling showcasing him talk
The second would be deflected by the fact when it becomes apparent she would not kill him.
THe third by boundary field incident and by the time Rin talks on how shiro is always calm and composed in death battles.

"Wow he keeps runing scared and is too dense to understand she wants to kill him" is way harder to explain to people and does not have the knack of LIKEABILITY for shirou the other way would have.
Mar 7, 2015 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

They overdid it tbh.

I'd bring up an old post where you were happy about how the fight was handled and how their "over doing it" is to counter DEEN poison "which is good" but a) I am too lazy and b) you will just say you were being sarcastic.

In any case we get it, the adaptation doesn't deserve a 10/10, you don't need to complain about every little thing (even changing your view on some aspects) just so you can say your view is justified. We all understand, just because some of us disagree on some things doesn't mean we think you're wrong or anything, and no further reasons are needed for justification, if anything you are making yourself look silly nitpicking like that, which to outsiders who aren't familiar with you will weaken your argument.

Tl;dr: Chill out.
Mar 7, 2015 4:32 AM

Jul 2007
GARBrotato said:
CookingPriest said:

They overdid it tbh.

I'd bring up an old post where you were happy about how the fight was handled and how their "over doing it" is to counter DEEN poison "which is good" but a) I am too lazy and b) you will just say you were being sarcastic.

In any case we get it, the adaptation doesn't deserve a 10/10, you don't need to complain about every little thing (even changing your view on some aspects) just so you can say your view is justified. We all understand, just because some of us disagree on some things doesn't mean we think you're wrong or anything, and no further reasons are needed for justification, if anything you are making yourself look silly nitpicking like that, which to outsiders who aren't familiar with you will weaken your argument.

Tl;dr: Chill out.

I am happy how the fight is handled. It is handled better than the VN

I am NOT happy how Shirou's interactions are handled there tho. I would have loved some sarcastic jabs at Tohsaka, because it pretty much sets up their relationship.
Mar 7, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:

I am happy how the fight is handled. It is handled better than the VN

I am NOT happy how Shirou's interactions are handled there tho. I would have loved some sarcastic jabs at Tohsaka, because it pretty much sets up their relationship.

A joke like that is really out-of-place. Dud.

Look at DEEN's version.
Mar 7, 2015 9:08 AM

Oct 2014
Wasn't out of place in the VN imo.

DEEN's version just looks comical as shit from the start. Making Shirou run like a goofball and having Rin jump down the stairs and 'vibrate'
Mar 7, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:

DEEN's version just looks comical as shit from the start. Making Shirou run like a goofball and having Rin jump down the stairs and 'vibrate'

Even that comical, the joke still feels out of place.

In Ufo version, it is far more fast-paced and serious. So no, that joke would make the scene become bad in anime, as it breaks the pace.

In VN, we read that scene for about 10 mins, but in anime, that scene lasts about 3 mins. See the different?

If you want to argue that they should make the scene last 10 mins like in the VN, then give them the money to make 60 episodes.
Just_ChickenMar 7, 2015 9:30 AM
Mar 7, 2015 9:29 AM

Oct 2014
ChickenFry said:
nocorras said:

Even that comical, the joke still feels out of place.

In Ufo version, it is far more fast-paced and serious. So no, that joke would make the scene becomes bad in anime, as it breaks the pace.

In VN, we read that scene for about 10 mins, but in anime, that scene lasts about 3 mins. See the different?

If you want to argue that they should make the scene last 10 mins like in the VN, then give them the money to make 60 episodes.

It's 10 minutes because we get monologues describing every little thing (which isn't necessary in an anime with visual).

"Tohsaka's angry, but she's still acting like a magus!"

He knows she's a good person on the inside and struggles with two identities. I had no problem with it in the VN.
Mar 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:

It's 10 minutes because we get monologues describing every little thing (which isn't necessary in an anime with visual).

He knows she's a good person on the inside and struggles with two identities. I had no problem with it in the VN.

I'm certain that Fai was talking about "I thought you have a flab" line.
Mar 7, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2014
ChickenFry said:
nocorras said:

Yes I know. I'm using that line to illustrate Shirou wasn't taking her 100% serious. I think his sarcasm/joke there was perfectly fine.
Mar 7, 2015 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:
ChickenFry said:

Yes I know. I'm using that line to illustrate Shirou wasn't taking her 100% serious. I think his sarcasm/joke there was perfectly fine.

Then no, it would be out of place in the anime. Try to insert that in, and you will see. There is no way you could keep the pace.
Mar 7, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
ChickenFry said:
nocorras said:

Then no, it would be out of place in the anime. Try to insert that in, and you will see. There is no way you could keep the pace.

All they had to do was have him say it after the jump before he goes into the room. Plays perfectly off of what happened when he said it last time (she gets angry) and it shows he's probably not taking her 100% seriously which conveys this to the watcher also.
Mar 7, 2015 9:56 AM

Jan 2014
nocorras said:
ChickenFry said:

All they had to do was have him say it after the jump before he goes into the room. Plays perfectly off of what happened when he said it last time (she gets angry) and it shows he's probably not taking her 100% seriously which conveys this to the watcher also.

Out of place...

All they have to do is insert a joke that would certainly breaks the pace.

Look at DEEN's version, if you disregard Rin's "vibrate", Shirou's joke still comes out at idiotic and unfitting, even for the comical tone.

Seriously, if you want to insert every little things you want, it will be a mess at best.
Just_ChickenMar 7, 2015 10:02 AM
Mar 7, 2015 10:00 AM

Oct 2014
Then we just won't agree and I'm not going to bother running in circles.

A quick "wow thought you had flab" now Shirou runs into classroom.

Then show Rin looking angry does not break pace.

The WHOLE POINT is that it contrasts with the SERIOUS tone. It shows Shirou isn't taking her 100% serious. When the whole thing looks like a joke like DEEN yeah it seems retarded as hell.
nocorrasMar 7, 2015 10:03 AM
Mar 7, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, sadly.

I think the scene is better than in the VN. please feel free to throw rocks at me.
Mar 7, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2015
ChickenFry said:
Yeah, sadly.

I think the scene is better than in the VN. please feel free to throw rocks at me.

Nah, nothing wrong with that, it was a good scene (IMHO), honestly, I just prefer to think of this as a version of UBW we haven't seen (one of the many in a multiple universe setting). Makes it easier for me to accept the changes they're making.

And on topic, my favorite fight HAS to be Shirou vs. Kotomine in HF, so much awesome. Nice clash of different ideals by two people who are awfully alike.
I'll change this as soon as I think of something clever.
Mar 7, 2015 2:39 PM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Then we just won't agree and I'm not going to bother running in circles.

A quick "wow thought you had flab" now Shirou runs into classroom.

Then show Rin looking angry does not break pace.

The WHOLE POINT is that it contrasts with the SERIOUS tone. It shows Shirou isn't taking her 100% serious. When the whole thing looks like a joke like DEEN yeah it seems retarded as hell.

^THIS.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.