Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this episode was fierce. I guess we have Sanada to thank for that

I also thought this episode was pretty fast with the war. I wonder if it can keep this level of momentum. I hope so though because it reflects how brutal war is like.
Jan 25, 2015 9:05 AM

Mar 2013
HOLY CRAP! Episode was amazing.

Yukimura completely took over Masayuki's (his father, who was a commander in Ueda along with Yukimura historically) role, so he is main strategist in Ueda here and boy, he was cool. Episode itself was heavy on strategy. I also enjoyed pre-Sekigahara talk.

But show still lucks budget, so Date vs Uesugi fight was mostly stills.

Overall, the episode reminded me of the Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi (or, Arslan Senki OVA, altough this one is far-fetched).
AntonKutovoiJan 25, 2015 9:26 AM
Jan 25, 2015 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good

hopefully they just saved the budget for next episode
Jan 25, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
This show has so many problem with low budget and plot rush and I am baffled at how this show made me want to see the next episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Feb 2014
Ugh this show is so hard to follow =_= So many characters in so many locations in so many cities and so many names to remember!

That was a pretty smart idea, destroying the gunpowder. I wonder why Nobuyuki is not as against destroying his own castle. Even though he is technically an enemy of his brother it's not like the Sanada clan is 100% against the Tokugawa's efforts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2015 3:23 PM

Jan 2013
Kind of rush, but still good for me. I'm fine with no Masayuki, but no Kanbei and Tachibana, WTF !? Seems like they will introduce Shimazu and maybe Hideaki next episode. Can't wait to next week !

And yeah, BAKA ME !
Jan 25, 2015 7:46 PM
Nov 2010
How tragic to have them fight each other. =/ Well at least Noboyuki hasn't made his move..but I have a feeling Hidetada is forcing Noboyuki's hand.

I love how reliable Kunoichi is...but that name really bothers me.. lol. It's like naming someone Cop 1 in Lethal Weapon. Or does that just bother me?
Jan 25, 2015 8:09 PM

Jul 2009
wtf is Nobuyuki doing on that side. Not only does he have a complete idiot for a leader but he's supporting the side that's bombing his home. I thought he wanted to protect the Sanada clan.

FYI idiot while ur thinking the Ieayasu side will/should win they will destroy ur clan in the process. Fool.

Yukimura bitch slap that ani of urs.
Jan 26, 2015 12:43 AM

Jan 2012
I'm actually enjoying this so far.

Hope we'll see Chosokabe.
Too bad Gracia won't be in the anime since I just found out her voice actress died a while ago.
Jan 26, 2015 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
We'll wait for the next episode, destroying the gunpowder really was a smart idea.
Jan 26, 2015 3:01 AM

Mar 2013
TragicGenocider said:

Too bad Gracia won't be in the anime since I just found out her voice actress died a while ago.

Gracia's voice actress is alive and well. She is actually voicing young Nobuyuki here. It is her husband that died (he was voicing Sima Yi in Dynasty Warriors series).
Jan 26, 2015 10:57 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Siva said:
This show has so many problem with low budget and plot rush and I am baffled at how this show made me want to see the next episode.

Wow that's exactly what I thought lol. I was actually planning to drop this after the third episode, but somehow I'm interested enough to want to continue watching.

yngtadpole said:

I love how reliable Kunoichi is...but that name really bothers me.. lol. It's like naming someone Cop 1 in Lethal Weapon. Or does that just bother me?

Yeah I thought it was really weird too XD
Jan 26, 2015 10:51 PM

Dec 2013
Siva said:

Yeah the budget has been worrisome but for what they have it was good episode.
As for saying that the pacing is rushed, I disagree.
The main focus was the siege of the castle, they just don't have the budget to produce a 100 warriors fighting for minutes on-end. Your still able to follow the story in a timely fashion. In war not just one front is attacking at once too so all the little skirmishes are there for a reason.
Jan 27, 2015 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
tingy said:
Siva said:

Wow that's exactly what I thought lol. I was actually planning to drop this after the third episode, but somehow I'm interested enough to want to continue watching.

I have to agree here as well.

The Sanada conflict is somewhat interesting, I guess.
Jan 27, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2007
Hibbington said:
Siva said:

Yeah the budget has been worrisome but for what they have it was good episode.
As for saying that the pacing is rushed, I disagree.
The main focus was the siege of the castle, they just don't have the budget to produce a 100 warriors fighting for minutes on-end. Your still able to follow the story in a timely fashion. In war not just one front is attacking at once too so all the little skirmishes are there for a reason.
Maybe plot rush wasn't the right word for it but it doesn't change the fact that it cut everything out except Sanada brother. Does the show make its point? Yes it does. Is it the best way to do it? No it is not. You just didn't feel the flow in the show instead you felt like things getting chopped off here and there.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 27, 2015 7:30 PM
Mar 2012
Hidetata's inflated ego will definitely be his undoing.
Feb 3, 2015 10:44 AM

Nov 2014
That ending got intense, go Yukimura going for the kill!
Feb 8, 2015 12:53 AM

Jul 2008
Boy Hidetata is an idiot and will be the downfall of the battle. Good luck explaining that to Ieyasu.
Feb 12, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2013
Inugirlz said:
wtf is Nobuyuki doing on that side. Not only does he have a complete idiot for a leader but he's supporting the side that's bombing his home. I thought he wanted to protect the Sanada clan.

FYI idiot while ur thinking the Ieayasu side will/should win they will destroy ur clan in the process. Fool.

it does look stupid because the anime didnt explain that it was sanada clan's strategy to split the brother up to ensure sanada clan's survival. so if either of the side wins, there will be a sanada remaining to continue the bloodline.
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Feb 12, 2015 6:05 PM

Mar 2008
Razuhiko said:
Inugirlz said:

it does look stupid because the anime didnt explain that it was sanada clan's strategy to split the brother up to ensure sanada clan's survival. so if either of the side wins, there will be a sanada remaining to continue the bloodline.
While that sees to be a common and more historical explanation, given the (admittedly simplistic) portrayal adapation of the anime, I would suspect that the game doesn't actually contain that specific nuance to the Sanada's story. Rather, it would seem to me that Nobuyuki believes Ieyasu would be the next succesful ruler and sees Mitsunari as repeating the pattern of the Sanada's former liege: the mighty leader falls (Hideyoshi/Shingen), and the loyal retainers try to hold up his will (Mitsunari/Sanada) - but without a true successor - the effort is doomed to fall apart. And that's how Nobuyuki sees Mitsunari's attempt to uphold the Toyotomi.

It does come back to Nobuyuki believing that his siding with Ieyasu will protect the clan, but the political foresight is not as calculating. Similarly, the anime does seem to show that Nobuyuki believes Yukimura will protect the Sanada's home in his absence, so it's not completely different from what you're saying, Razuhiko.
Feb 22, 2015 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
AntonKutovoi said:
TragicGenocider said:

Gracia's voice actress is alive and well. She is actually voicing young Nobuyuki here. It is her husband that died (he was voicing Sima Yi in Dynasty Warriors series).

Oh. Guess I must have misread the Japanese! Well, thanks for correcting me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sengoku Musou Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

19 by AntonKutovoi »»
Jan 16, 2019 8:41 AM

Poll: » Sengoku Musou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

59 by iDensity »»
May 31, 2016 1:07 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Musou Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2015

11 by Tsuyu_no_Inochi »»
Feb 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Musou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2015

18 by scandinavian »»
Aug 24, 2015 8:39 PM

Poll: » Sengoku Musou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2015

7 by Noodle070 »»
Apr 15, 2015 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.