Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
is it worth it to watch one piece from the start? today?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 24, 2015 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
2-D said:
robis798 said:

Oh my God this sounds so stupid

Does it, or do you just not understand?

People watch AoT and SAO etc because they are 25 EPISODES that's why they watch them.
Jan 24, 2015 3:38 PM

Nov 2010
I_Hate_Weebs said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Pffft, now it sounds like you're trolling.
How?
Because you ask if I'm trolling only based on that you subjectively don't think it's that good(which is already not a good thing to do). And not only that but what you're going off of is you seeing a small portion of the series while I've seen all of it(like 3 times and have been watching it for 7+ years).

chuuzenjis said:
so does anything happen in ep 45 that makes it more interesting to watch then? like... a bit of plot development? because the pace in op seems to be ridiculously slow
No, I gave you that number randomly. Yes something does happen. Many people tend to like the arc that ends at that episode. While it won't be enough to make you go from hating it(4 or below) to loving it(8+), it might be able to raise your opinion a little and help you continue on, show you a little more about why the fans love it. And it matters what you mean by plot development. The plot is him gaining a crew and heading off to find One Piece while finding adventures on the way, the first 50 episodes or so is him building his crew to head into the grandline with very small arcs so I would say it's fast enough with the plot already. But it is generally a slow paced show.
IntroverTurtleJan 24, 2015 3:41 PM
Jan 24, 2015 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
If you don't mind waiting another decade for it to finish, go right for it. I personally can't even bother with it anymore just because the story literally goes nowhere for a whole year. Honestly I don't think I've seen anything in OP that can justify the 10 I've given it in the past 120 episodes. It feels like it's just overstayed its welcome and I've found dozens of shows that offer so much more in 12-50 episodes.

But with that said, I loved the overall journey through the first 520 episodes. It's a grand adventure if you don't mind taking it nice and easy pace wise.
Jan 24, 2015 3:40 PM

Jan 2014
robis798 said:
2-D said:

People watch AoT and SAO etc because they don't have attention spans that can handle more than 25 EPISODES.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 24, 2015 3:40 PM

Jul 2008
robis798 said:
2-D said:

People watch AoT and SAO etc because they are 25 EPISODES that's why they watch them.

The point I was making was that people shit on one mainstream thing for being mainstream only to praise other mainstream stuff. Wasn't so much commenting on the length.
Jan 24, 2015 3:42 PM

Dec 2013
2-D said:
robis798 said:

The point I was making was that people shit on one mainstream thing for being mainstream only to praise other mainstream stuff. Wasn't so much commenting on the length.

You know, you'll only find comments like that probably only on Youtube, so I don't think your statement is really true.
Jan 24, 2015 3:45 PM

Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
I_Hate_Weebs said:
How?
Because you ask if I'm trolling only based on that you subjectively don't think it's that good(which is already not a good thing to do). And not only that but what you're going off of is you seeing a small portion of the series while I've seen all of it(like 3 times and have been watching it for 7+ years).

How does subjectivity have anything to do with it? And I already gave my reasons in my original comment. The animation is very bad and clearly dated, the fights are badly made, the characters are generic and overall it felt way too childish compared to other shonen. Other battle shonen that I have seen have had way better starts, even Naruto.
Jan 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2014
I_Hate_Weebs said:
IntroverTurtle said:

How does subjectivity have anything to do with it? And I already gave my reasons in my original comment. The animation is very bad and clearly dated, the fights are badly made, the characters are generic and overall it felt way too childish compared to other shonen. Other battle shonen that I have seen have had way better starts, even Naruto.

If only everyone thought the "start" of a series was all that mattered. Oh well.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 3:58 PM

Nov 2010
I_Hate_Weebs said:
It has everything to do with it. If someone says Brocolli is the best food in the world I'm not going to say they're trolling just because I don't like it because I know everyone has different taste and there are probably many for each food who thinks it's the best. Especially if I've only had brocolli once or twice. Me claiming that with my little experience and ignoring taste would make me seem like a troll myself.

And I'm talking about reasons why I'm trolling, not because you dislike it or whatever, those reasons and how many there are don't matter. Your one reason why I'm trolling is because you don't think the anime is that good.
IntroverTurtleJan 24, 2015 4:03 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
If you don't mind waiting another decade for it to finish, go right for it. I personally can't even bother with it anymore just because the story literally goes nowhere for a whole year. Honestly I don't think I've seen anything in OP that can justify the 10 I've given it in the past 120 episodes. It feels like it's just overstayed its welcome and I've found dozens of shows that offer so much more in 12-50 episodes.

But with that said, I loved the overall journey through the first 520 episodes. It's a grand adventure if you don't mind taking it nice and easy pace wise.

Like? If there is such a thing, I'd like to watch them myself!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 4:09 PM

Jun 2012
This argument of "I can watch X amount of shows in the time it would take for me to catch-up" can used for -any- show with an above average episode count, though.
Jan 24, 2015 4:17 PM

Aug 2010
I love One Piece. Its my absolute favorite medium. But I really don't think you should watch the anime. Read the manga then go back and watch your favorite parts. Its what I'm doing now and you'll be much more forgiving of the anime's inherent flaws when your just happy to be enjoying the characters in action.
Jan 24, 2015 4:26 PM

Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
[spoiler]
I_Hate_Weebs said:
It has everything to do with it. If someone says Brocolli is the best food in the world I'm not going to say they're trolling just because I don't like it because I know everyone has different taste and there are probably many for each food who thinks it's the best. Especially if I've only had brocolli once or twice. Me claiming that with my little experience and ignoring taste would make me seem like a troll myself.

And I'm talking about reasons why I'm trolling, not because you dislike it or whatever, those reasons and how many there are don't matter. Your one reason why I'm trolling is because you don't think the anime is that good.
[/spoiler]
You are suggesting that quality is defined subjectively which is incorrect. While a show cannot be evaluated completely objectively, there are objective means (like judging the story, characters, art and sound) by which one could calculate a mostly objective score about the anime. What is the purpose of reviewers and critics if everything is subjective?

My reason that your trolling is not because I 'think' that it is not that good, but because that there are shonen that have done a lot of stuff way better than One Piece does, at least by the point at where I'm at. And every arc is pretty much the same as any other, just different locations, at least that's what I've been given to know, so what makes it the best anime ever?

RedRoseFring said:
[spoiler]
I_Hate_Weebs said:

If only everyone thought the "start" of a series was all that mattered. Oh well.
[/spoiler]Didn't I say that I was judging it by what I've seen so far? Either way I've far passed the start, and it's nothing extraordinary, which is something that the best anime in the world should be. And the start matters very much indeed. What's the point of watching it if the start is already bad? Besides, I've already been spoiled about what happens during most of the story and it never gets any better. At least I think it does. I'll have to experience it myself to draw a final opinion. Either way from what I've seen, it's nowhere near GOAT material.
VoidlingJan 24, 2015 4:42 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:27 PM

Jan 2014
I_Hate_Weebs said:
IntroverTurtle said:

You are suggesting that quality is defined subjectively which is incorrect. While a show cannot be evaluated completely objectively, there are objective means (like judging the story, characters, art an sound) by which one could calculate a mostly objective score about the anime. What is the purpose of reviewers and critics if everything is subjective?

Oh boy. Here we go...
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Oh boy. Here we go...

Where are we going?
Jan 24, 2015 4:36 PM

May 2012
It's alright. If you want something fun I would go with jojo. Much shorter, less filler, more Sugita etc.
Jan 24, 2015 4:38 PM

May 2013
I'd say... watch the anime until the fishman island arc. Then move on to the manga. The decrease in quality in recent episodes is sad.
Jan 24, 2015 4:39 PM
Dec 2013
RedRoseFring said:
JumpinJackCrash said:
I'm actually surprised that most people voted "No".

This is MAL.

lol this guy..
implying that people here are stupid just because they don't like One Piece
your fanboyism has no limits has it?
why can't people respect other opinions?

and also with your comment that people watch AOT because of short attention spans WTF?
sry if some don't want to watch 700 Episodes of something that is being dragged as hell
FuckMAl4132Jan 24, 2015 4:43 PM
Jan 24, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2010
I_Hate_Weebs said:
You are suggesting that quality is defined subjectively which is incorrect. While a show cannot be evaluated completely objectively, there are objective means (like judging the story, characters, art and sound) by which one could calculate a mostly objective score about the anime. What is the purpose of reviewers and critics if everything is subjective?

I think that your trolling because there are shonen that have done a lot of stuff way better than One Piece does, at least by the point at where I'm at. And every arc is pretty much the same as any other, just different locations, at least that's what I've been given to know.
It is correct and if you don't get that then I don't see this conversation moving forward.
To share their opinions and find new ones on a work and for people to find ones that they agree with. What's the point in having so many critics and reviewers if it's so objective? All we need is one who can tell us what to like and dislike and for what reasons.

And I've watched every shounen that you have plus hundreds more and I disagree. You just think they do stuff better, they haven't actually done anything better objectively.
Jan 24, 2015 4:54 PM

Dec 2012
RedRoseFring said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

I'll reword it, I meant that there are shows that are able to tell satisfying, complete stories in a reasonable amount of episodes. The quantity of world building and content is unrivaled in One Piece, but as an incomplete story I just can't put it on the same level as something that is able to deliver everything it needs to without dragging out and making me wait a decade to see the big picture come to fruition.
Jan 24, 2015 5:08 PM

Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
I_Hate_Weebs said:

I think that your trolling because there are shonen that have done a lot of stuff way better than One Piece does, at least by the point at where I'm at. And every arc is pretty much the same as any other, just different locations, at least that's what I've been given to know.
It is correct and if you don't get that then I don't see this conversation moving forward.
To share their opinions and find new ones on a work and for people to find ones that they agree with. What's the point in having so many critics and reviewers if it's so objective? All we need is one who can tell us what to like and dislike and for what reasons.

And I've watched every shounen that you have plus hundreds more and I disagree. You just think they do stuff better, they haven't actually done anything better objectively.

No it is not, and if you don't get that then I don't see this conversation going forward either. If you show a person a dog and he says it's a cat, you can't say "Well, it's a cat in his opinion" because it's clearly a dog. The same goes for judging the aspects of an anime and every other form of entertainment.

If everything is subjective then when you say that One Piece objectively does everything better than every shonen that I've watched, aren't you contradicting yourself?
VoidlingJan 24, 2015 5:19 PM
Jan 24, 2015 5:21 PM

Nov 2010
I_Hate_Weebs said:

No it is not, and if you don't get that then I don't see this conversation going forward either. If you show a person a dog and he says it's a cat, you can't say "Well, it's a cat in his opinion" because it's clearly a dog. The same goes for judging the aspects of an anime and every other form of entertainment.

If everything is subjective then when you say that One Piece objectively does everything better than every other shonen, aren't you contradicting yourself?
Thinking a dog is a cat is not equal to thinking an anime is good or bad. There are scientific facts with dna and shit as to how dogs and cats are different, they're two different species. If you think that's the same then I don't see this conversation moving forward because you're an idiot and may have some brain damage.

When did I say it does everything objectively better? I said I disagree that other shounen are better than One Piece. I never mentioned objectively. Me saying I disagree was my opinion thus it is subjective, I do not need to specify that.
IntroverTurtleJan 24, 2015 5:24 PM
Jan 24, 2015 5:33 PM

Feb 2010
Better wait until tomorrow, today is not a good day to start One Piece. At least my horoscope said so.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 24, 2015 5:38 PM

Aug 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
I_Hate_Weebs said:

If everything is subjective then when you say that One Piece objectively does everything better than every other shonen, aren't you contradicting yourself?
Thinking a dog is a cat is not equal to thinking an anime is good or bad. There are scientific facts with dna and shit as to how dogs and cats are different. If you think that's the same then I don't see this conversation moving forward because you're an idiot and may have some brain damage.

When did I say it does everything objectively better? I said I disagree that other shounen are better than One Piece. I never mentioned objectively. Me saying I disagree was my opinion thus it is subjective, I do not need to specify that.

Yes it is. There are also facts by which you can judge if an anime is good or not.

If the story has tons of plot holes, Deus ex Machinas, if the plot twists (if it has them) are not foreshadowed, if the world building (assuming the story is set in a world different to our own) is bad, if the pacing is either very slow or very fast and if the conclusion is anti-cathartic and resolves nothing then you can't say "It is a well written story in my opinion" when it clearly isn't. You can like it but that doesn't make it objectively well written.

If a character has only one unique trait, is not fleshed out, has no personality whatsoever and hasn't developed since the start of the story at all, you can't say "He's well written in my opinion" when he clearly isn't. You can like him but that doesn't make him objectively well written.

If the animation is choppy, character designs are lazily done and if the backgrounds are poor and not detailed at all, you can't say "The show has great animation" when it clearly doesn't. You can like it but that doesn't make a show objectively well animated.

If the music does not fit in with the overall atmosphere to the show, making it immersion-breaking, you can't say "The music fits perfectly with this type of show" when it clearly doesn't. You can like it but that doesn't make it fitting for the show. (If this final point gets you confused, then take Parasyte as an example. You may like the dubstep music in it, but it is not fitting for a horror show such as this.)

Yeah, I know, very hard to comprehend. Ad hominem won't help your case either.

IntroverTurtle said:
You just think they do stuff better, they haven't actually done anything better objectively.

I think it's quite clear what you said, but if you fail to re-read your own comments, then that has nothing to do with me.

EDIT: That last point about other shonen not doing stuff better may or may not be a case of me misunderstanding what you were trying to say.
VoidlingJan 24, 2015 6:13 PM
Jan 24, 2015 6:26 PM

Feb 2010
I_Hate_Weebs said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Thinking a dog is a cat is not equal to thinking an anime is good or bad. There are scientific facts with dna and shit as to how dogs and cats are different. If you think that's the same then I don't see this conversation moving forward because you're an idiot and may have some brain damage.

Yes it is. There are also facts by which you can judge if an anime is good or not.

If it has tons of plot holes, Deus ex Machinas, if the plot twists (if it has them) are not foreshadowed, if the world building (assuming the story is set in a world different to our own) is bad, if the pacing is slow and if the conclusion is anti-cathartic and resolves nothing then you can't say "It is a well written story in my opinion" when it clearly isn't. You can like it but that doesn't make it objectively well written.

If a character has only one unique trait, is not fleshed out and has no personality whatsoever, you can't say "He's well written in my opinion" when he clearly isn't. You can like him but that doesn't make him objectively well written.

If the animation is choppy, character designs are lazily done and if the backgrounds are poor and not detailed at all, you can't say "The show has great animation" when it clearly doesn't. You can like it but that doesn't make a show objectively well animated.

If the music does not fit in with the overall atmosphere to the show, making it immersion-breaking, you can't say "The music fits perfectly with this type of show" when it clearly doesn't. You can like it but that doesn't make it fitting for the show. (If this final point gets you confused, then take Parasyte as an example. You may like the dubstep music in it, but it is not fitting for a horror show such as this.)

Yeah, I know, very hard to comprehend. Ad hominem won't help your case either.

IntroverTurtle said:
You just think they do stuff better, they haven't actually done anything better objectively.

I think it's quite clear what you said, but if you fail to re-read your own comments, then that has nothing to do with me.

EDIT: That last point about other shonen not doing stuff better may or may not be a case of me misunderstanding.

Your views are naive to the point of being kinda adorable. You should be able to come up for counter examples for each of your 'arguments' unless you're very ignorant, but let me help you.

There is no ideal way of storytelling and all the things you mentioned are highly subjective. Plot holes can be a literary device used purposefully, foreshadowing (or the lack of it) doesn't make any kind of plot twist good/bad (in fact foreshadowing can be used as a cop-out to justify shitty writing, but it doesn't suddenly make it good), worldbuilding being 'bad' is subjective in the first place etc... You can't seriously use subjective, unprecise terms like 'bad' to argue in favor of objectivism. That's just paradox. And you do it a lot, like most people trying to argue your view of 'objectivity'.

Depending on what the author is trying to do one-dimensional characters can be much more well-suited to the story or concept. You make it seem like there are no type of stories where that would be the case, which is objectively (this time for real) bullshit. Also it's not like every human in real life is this multidimensional, super fleshed out being. Writing a believable one-dimensional character that feels realistic is a challenge on it's own for any writer, but it's not like it never happens. Sometimes it just fits the concept or story.

What is a 'lazy character design'? Character designs are extremely subjective. And how the fuck does background art play into animation? Only a few key animators even animate backgrounds as part of the key frames, most of the time it's just stills and therefore irrelevant for animation quality.
These statements just make me believe that you are really quite clueless about what you're talking about. It's easy to write some two-liners with neat adjectives like 'choppy animation' or 'lazy character designs' or 'bad worldbuilding' but as long as you don't explain what you mean by that it just serves as further prove that you are only re-delegating subjectivity to other areas while you hope that we just trust you when you say 'bad worldbuilding' and accept your view of 'bad' without thinking about it too much.

Who decides when music fits with the atmosphere or breaks immersion? Why can you decide that dubstep doesn't fit Parasyte? What is 'horror music' even? Some random music people picked at some point and other people copied it because they were too lazy to try something else. Horror music is only considered horror music because someone decided to use it that way. Maybe he would have picked dubstep instead had it already existed back then. We can't know. And you saying which music is allowed to be treated as fitting for which show is just outright hilarious. And Parasyte isn't even horror in the first place, so....

At the end of the day even if you put your opinions in neat paragraphs and repeatedly shout them in our ears with the help of the bold font, it still doesn't give you the right to suddenly lay down parameters for 'good' storytelling and pretend they are objective just because you find them agreeable and intuitive. Especially since your opinions don't seem particularly well-informed or reflected, from the perspective of someone who spent a lot of time studying tools of literary analysis and literary criticism, and how objectivity relates to them.

I definitely think that not everything is totally subjective even in art, but I'm even more sure that nothing you said is objective, not even in the compromised sense of the word that I tend to use (look up the last thread on the topic to see what I mean). Those are literally just your opinions on good storytelling, showcasing a very narrow view of writing that basically condemns everything experimental or abstract to be shit by default (and objectively too apparently) because they often don't have much of a plot or super fleshed out characters.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 24, 2015 6:33 PM

Jan 2015
Iudex said:
Finish it in one day.

:O
Jan 24, 2015 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
Abukstartsatpgx said:
Iudex said:
Finish it in one day.

:O
I did it in 6 weeks, I was proud of myself....
Jan 24, 2015 6:50 PM

Jan 2014
Journey_95 said:
RedRoseFring said:

This is MAL.

lol this guy..
implying that people here are stupid just because they don't like One Piece
your fanboyism has no limits has it?
why can't people respect other opinions?

and also with your comment that people watch AOT because of short attention spans WTF?
sry if some don't want to watch 700 Episodes of something that is being dragged as hell

Wut?
*Looks at username* Oh, just that guy with poor reading comprehension.
http://i.imgur.com/JkDi5oM.gif
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 6:55 PM

Jan 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
RedRoseFring said:

I'll reword it, I meant that there are shows that are able to tell satisfying, complete stories in a reasonable amount of episodes. The quantity of world building and content is unrivaled in One Piece, but as an incomplete story I just can't put it on the same level as something that is able to deliver everything it needs to without dragging out and making me wait a decade to see the big picture come to fruition.

Of course there are shows that tell stories in a shorter amount of episodes. Each story is different and require different lengths to be told. OP is a story that requires more episodes to be told. And with that comes the opportunity to include more content which is always a bonus for something you like.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2014
Yes, trust me it'll be worth it. I only started watching it 2 years ago and it only took me like 6 months.
Jan 24, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2014
I_Hate_Weebs said:
RedRoseFring said:
Oh boy. Here we go...

Where are we going?

To school to teach you that there is no such thing as objectivity in anime. It looks like Turtle and Kaze have already done the job. Don't worry, it's something you'd have had to learn eventually ;)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jan 24, 2015 6:59 PM
Jun 2014
I've been tempted to start watching One Piece, especially as my friend has started watching it. However, I feel like I'll have to sink a lot of my time into it which is a bit of a turn off.
Jan 24, 2015 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
I haven't watched it yet OP, but here is what I think
Its considered one of the best, and it is also very succesful, it has earned the right to be one of the big 3 and has a giant fanbase all over the world

I think it deserves respect for what it has achieved and you showing that respect would be watching it from the start.
Jan 24, 2015 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Special-K said:
I've been tempted to start watching One Piece, especially as my friend has started watching it. However, I feel like I'll have to sink a lot of my time into it which is a bit of a turn off.
You can sink however much time you want at whatever speed you want, you are not forced to do anything. You can even go one episode a week, is that a lot?
Jan 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2014
Watch the 5 minute recaps, it's more fun that way. Besides the recaps show EVERYTHING that happens in that episode.
Puzzle Time, When is my birthday? 22-8-222/
9-666-3
5-66-4-3-3/
9-666-3
666-8-666-3
666-8-666-3
44-8-444-3/
Answer is on profile but see if you can figure it out first! HINT: KEYBOARD

Jan 24, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
Yes. Marathoning it is an unforgettable experience, and it's an amazing series. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't get it.

Also, seeing people avoid it because of its awesome and original art style, length or popularity is literally one of the most stupid and ignorant things I've ever seen.

Let it be known that I guess I'm technically a fanboy. I wasn't a fanboy until about 3-4 years ago when I decided to get into the series again by marathoning it. That's just the amount of impact it had on me.
Jan 24, 2015 7:41 PM
Jun 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Special-K said:
You can sink however much time you want at whatever speed you want, you are not forced to do anything. You can even go one episode a week, is that a lot?

Yeah you do have a point. However, seventeen seasons is a bit intimidating. I may give it a go when I've got nothing else to watch.
Jan 24, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2013
Well the story is quite good itself.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 24, 2015 8:42 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah. I did in about March of last year and finished in August! I did skip the filler specials that weren't part of the story and remember getting irritated at how SLOW paced it was and would skim through a lot! lol
Jan 24, 2015 9:41 PM

Mar 2012
It's an amazing journey, but it does take patience.

I would recommend reading the manga instead, but the Anime does have its advantages. Well, I feel the Anime has taken a nosedive over the last several years but it was way better in the beginning. We are talking about 100s of episodes before you notice the decline in quality.
Jan 24, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
Though I really love One Piece, I'd say not. The anime is getting ridiculously long, I'd recommend you to better read the manga.
Jan 24, 2015 9:55 PM

Nov 2010
Clockwerk93 said:
Though I really love One Piece, I'd say not. The anime is getting ridiculously long, I'd recommend you to better read the manga.
Long = bad?
Jan 24, 2015 9:55 PM

May 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Clockwerk93 said:
Long = bad?

It is long, and the pacing is abysmal.
Jan 24, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2010
PoeticJustice said:
It is long, and the pacing is abysmal.
Not what I was asking and you're not who I was asking it to.
Jan 24, 2015 10:38 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yes, it's awesome and you don't have to worry about it ending.

DeadlyTreasure said:
JD38 said:
strategic fights like naruto?

I laughed.
Jan 24, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
If so, I don't see how they are not affected by his feelings. I could even go as far as to break down each points, but I'd rather not.

But I never said that my impressions of One Piece up to the point at which I'm at are not affected by feelings.
Jan 24, 2015 11:03 PM

Jun 2011
I_Hate_Weebs said:
ToG25thBaam said:
If so, I don't see how they are not affected by his feelings. I could even go as far as to break down each points, but I'd rather not.

But I never said that my impressions of One Piece up to the point at which I'm at are not affected by feelings.
Okay, sorry. I guess I should read everything before I make a claim.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 24, 2015 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
Avant_ said:
Not really.

It's not good. Very mediocre, and eventually ends up less than average after a time skip.

still 10x better than hitman reborn
Jan 24, 2015 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
Sure, I don't see why not. Everybody starts a show long after it's initial air date. You don't need to be caught up with everybody - it's fun to discuss but it's mainly about your enjoyment.

Personally I tried to watch and like OP at my own pace (two episodes every few days); unfortunately, despite passing the supposed "high point" in the series, it still failed to keep me from being bored so I stopped watching it. I don't hate the show though, I see the entertainment value and why people love this anime so much, it just doesn't appeal to me.

So it is absolutely worth it. Just because it's long doesn't mean you can't tackle it.

Jan 24, 2015 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Thread moved to the One Piece sub-board.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 941 Discussion ( 1 2 )

alphazero4um - Sep 12, 2020

69 by Yubisoft »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

11 by ThaTOnEGuY4_ »»
3 hours ago

» One Piece should be a bi-weekly release

Zeverinsen - Aug 8, 2019

2 by cerise_serris »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Avsar_Gazozu »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 151 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 11, 2009

94 by kejora »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.