Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 3 Discussion

Jan 24, 2015 3:53 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp so the group has some fangirls, no surprise there.

The episode felt pretty slow and didn't really feature much music. Oh well. Can't expect all of them to give ensemble performances. That handshake though.

Jan 24, 2015 2:14 PM

Kakeru is the next Shachou LOL

Jan 24, 2015 3:13 PM

The group has some fangirls and get handshakes from them.

Jan 24, 2015 7:16 PM
Anime Moderator
That's a cool handshake event, having fans search for them in the area to get a handshake :) I agree it would be more meaningful if you accidentally stumbled upon your favorite idol on the streets and then got a handshake out of them rather than being at a handshake event. BUT, who knew there was another POV. That they can make the handshake feel really valuable in the future by reaching new heights--so far that the fans can no longer reach them. Quite the interesting perspective. Kakeru has the best fan.

Lol at Makki and Kira acting to fulfill their fans' images of them. Idk though, I personally think it would be funner to see their real personalities, even if it "destroys" my previous images of them. I couldn't find a better way, but I don't really mean destroy in a bad way. Just that the more genuine they are the more lovable they are. Lucky for Kakeru that he already seems like the more serious and hardworking type so he didn't have to fake anything, not that he seems capable of doing so anyways :P

Other interesting parts to note is the "stopped dreaming" comments, whether it's stopped dreaming of nightmares or stopped dreaming of what they used to dream...or having no dreams. And Kakeru's thought when he was at the parent teacher conference about his future, how they were making that one talk as if it's something that will dictate the rest of his life. So relatable.

Jan 24, 2015 9:07 PM

I personally feel this anime is so underrated but that is my opinion. This episode was quite nice, we get to see how fans interact with Shounen Hollywood with the shake hands event. I would love to be a part of that it would seem like so much fun! Interesting how they are each realizing how they are changing and looking forward to the future. Really hope to seem them be huge stars just like that fan girl said to Kakeru.

Jan 25, 2015 12:34 PM

I actually liked the episode wow :o

Makki and Kira should be themselves, not pretending be someone else. And the "i stopped dreaming" talk and the fact they stopped doing things they liked, i don't know, seems like a bad thing to me~

tingy said:
And Kakeru's thought when he was at the parent teacher conference about his future, how they were making that one talk as if it's something that will dictate the rest of his life. So relatable.

Yes! I'm glad i'm not the only one ^^

Jan 26, 2015 4:30 AM

I would love to bump into one of fave idols/actors/voice actors and get a handshake from them. It would have more meaning to me.

Kakeru I can relate too so much

Jan 26, 2015 10:02 AM

As it happened to me...randomly meeting idols on the street AND later having official high five event with them......I must say i treasure both of the memories greatly. Because they were very different experience but both were awesome in their own way. Even though randomly meeting idol was kinda cooler because it can't easily happen to anyone:') (also,you can't prepare mentally beforehand so it gives you shock of your life).
The point is...i don't think any of the idol companies really know how fans think,lol.

Anyway,looking forward to what stage of popularity are they going to reach.

Jan 28, 2015 10:37 AM

Kakeru's monologues were really nice this episode. Reminds me of the reason why I love this show.

Jan 30, 2015 9:44 PM

Best episode this season, so far.

I love this show as a Slice of Life. It's so calming and fun to watch, yet still has meaning.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Mar 20, 2015 11:01 AM

Such a great episode, all those themes, man is this show underrated.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Nov 21, 2015 6:21 AM

I liked this episode! Makki and that little silver haired kid (forgot his name) were so funny to watch together. And I liked watching kakeru as he tried thinking about his future. I especially liked his comment about being jealous of people's backs... I feel like I can relate. In general, I think this episode did a much better job than previous ones of showing the mundane bits of every day life and the struggles/concerns of kakeru; it was not at all cringy like it had been for some of the other boys.