Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion


Jan 26, 2015 3:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 325
Funniest episode so far! It's so weird to see "Jotaro" being stupid,
But why don't they just ask "Jotaro" to show Star Platinum if they doubt him?

...and cigarette are not censored anymore
 
Jan 26, 2015 3:43 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1920
I enjoyed this episode. Much better than I imagined and the seiyuus were perfect.
 
Jan 26, 2015 8:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
Yangbojian said:
Funniest episode so far! It's so weird to see "Jotaro" being stupid,
But why don't they just ask "Jotaro" to show Star Platinum if they doubt him?

...and cigarette are not censored anymore

They weren't suspicious of him.

They thought that he was acting weird, but they didn't think that he was one of their enemy's.

 
Jan 26, 2015 8:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 135
Dragonage2ftw said:
Yangbojian said:
Funniest episode so far! It's so weird to see "Jotaro" being stupid,
But why don't they just ask "Jotaro" to show Star Platinum if they doubt him?

...and cigarette are not censored anymore

They weren't suspicious of him.

They thought that he was acting weird, but they didn't think that he was one of their enemy's.


I still believe they were trolling Boingo
 
Jan 26, 2015 8:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
Orzi said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

They weren't suspicious of him.

They thought that he was acting weird, but they didn't think that he was one of their enemy's.


I still believe they were trolling Boingo

Didn't the narrator say that they didn't know that Oingo and Boingo were attacking them?

 
Jan 26, 2015 8:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 135
Dragonage2ftw said:
Orzi said:


I still believe they were trolling Boingo

Didn't the narrator say that they didn't know that Oingo and Boingo were attacking them?


Yeah, I know, but I prefer to live within my own cheerful world, where they were trolling him :)
 
Jan 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 2506
Yangbojian said:
But why don't they just ask "Jotaro" to show Star Platinum if they doubt him?
You wouldn't go around showing your asshole to other people, would you?
 
Jan 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 3029
Tomino said:
Yangbojian said:
But why don't they just ask "Jotaro" to show Star Platinum if they doubt him?
You wouldn't go around showing your asshole to other people, would you?

I like my bitches how I like my stand, Soft and Wet.

Orzi said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

Didn't the narrator say that they didn't know that Oingo and Boingo were attacking them?


Yeah, I know, but I prefer to live within my own cheerful world, where they were trolling him :)

I want to believe the same thing, it would be just too hilarious.
 
Jan 26, 2015 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 498
Akanezora said:
Tomino said:
You wouldn't go around showing your asshole to other people, would you?

I like my bitches how I like my stand, Soft and Wet.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that everyone else likes their bitches the same way. But I'm not sure how I would feel about a girl getting Soft and Wet at the sight of my asshole.
 
Jan 27, 2015 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
To think the day would come when jojo would be so fucking boring.

Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.
 
Jan 27, 2015 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
sullynathan said:
To think the day would come when jojo would be so fucking boring.

Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.

What about this episode was boring?

I'm not attacking you.

I am just curious.

 
Jan 27, 2015 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Dragonage2ftw said:
sullynathan said:
To think the day would come when jojo would be so fucking boring.

Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.

What about this episode was boring?

I'm not attacking you.

I am just curious.

The whole thing. The stand wasn't as cool as it should be. Everything was way too much like a joke without the creativity that jojo usually has.

I basically knew that the villains were lame and would lose half way through the episode.
Modified by sullynathan, Jan 28, 2015 11:44 AM
 
Jan 27, 2015 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
sullynathan said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

What about this episode was boring?

I'm not attacking you.

I am just curious.

The whole thing. The stand wasn't as cool as it should be. Everything was way too much like a joke without the creativity that jojo usually has.

I basically knew that the villains were lame and would lose half eat through the episode.

That's kind of the point.
Oingo and Boingo's stands are supposed to be lame.

 
Jan 27, 2015 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 512
sullynathan said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

What about this episode was boring?

I'm not attacking you.

I am just curious.

The whole thing. The stand wasn't as cool as it should be. Everything was way too much like a joke without the creativity that jojo usually has.

I basically knew that the villains were lame and would lose half eat through the episode.

That's the point. It's supposed to be a joke. This fight is intentionally comedic.

Do you know what "laughter" is?
 
Jan 27, 2015 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
sullynathan said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

What about this episode was boring?

I'm not attacking you.

I am just curious.

The whole thing. The stand wasn't as cool as it should be. Everything was way too much like a joke without the creativity that jojo usually has.

I basically knew that the villains were lame and would lose half eat through the episode.


Well, like the others said, it wasn't a "cool" fight because that wasn't the intention. It was comedic.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Jan 27, 2015 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
excuses
 
Jan 27, 2015 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 77
Now you're just being dumb. Jojo was never a super serious action series.
I have no idea how you could be so incredibly dense as to think it was.
<img src="http://i.imgur.com/5NsN8MU.gif" border="0" />
 
Jan 27, 2015 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 61
bloody hell they nailed this chapter
 
Jan 28, 2015 3:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1484
ORAORAORAORAORA said:
fucking epic. dp is DONG SUCH I GOOD JOB, I LOVE U DP ;_______________;
DA END IM MY HEAD
AWESOME
OINGO BOINGO BROTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS


I can`t wait till YOUR character shows up.
 
Jan 28, 2015 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
sullynathan said:
excuses

These aren't excuses in any sense of the word.

 
Jan 28, 2015 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
sullynathan said:
excuses
what the hell are you talking about.
 
Jan 28, 2015 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 135
He is like that agent from Gravity Falls - born with defect that prevents him from having a sense of humor.
 
Jan 28, 2015 8:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1484
You just know Dio is in his lair watching these two idiots making fool of themselves with his evil crystal ball and facepalming HARD………..
 
Jan 28, 2015 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
Godtier_Taste said:
sullynathan said:
To think the day would come when jojo would be so fucking boring.

Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.


That's pretty mean.

I love it.

DO MORE.

 
Jan 28, 2015 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Godtier_Taste said:
sullynathan said:
To think the day would come when jojo would be so fucking boring.

Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.


You disappoint me. Continue watching this trash jojo season then.
 
Jan 28, 2015 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
Juusan13 said:
Now you're just being dumb. Jojo was never a super serious action series.
I have no idea how you could be so incredibly dense as to think it was.


Nowhere in my comment did I mention seriousness, this jojo has not been good so far.
Modified by sullynathan, Jan 28, 2015 1:56 PM
 
Jan 28, 2015 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
gedata said:
sullynathan said:
excuses
what the hell are you talking about.

How uninteresting and unfunny this jojo episode was
 
Jan 28, 2015 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
sullynathan said:
gedata said:
what the hell are you talking about.

How uninteresting and unfunny this jojo episode was


well pouring generic negativity onto something doesn't make for interesting discussion
 
Jan 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4938
gedata said:
sullynathan said:

How uninteresting and unfunny this jojo episode was


well pouring generic negativity onto something doesn't make for interesting discussion

I'm not trying to be negative, I really disliked this episode. I hold jojo to a higher standard than this. I expected this season to be more creative but it started weaker than the last season.
Modified by sullynathan, Jan 30, 2015 5:39 PM
 
Jan 28, 2015 5:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
sullynathan said:
gedata said:


well pouring generic negativity onto something doesn't make for interesting discussion

I'm not trying to be negative, I really disliked this episode. I hold jojo to a higher standard than this. I expected toys season to be more creative but it started weaker than the last season.
well we're not gonna agree on this (comedy's subjective blahblahblah), but still the virtue of Stardust Crusader's structure is that if one part doesn't jive if you it doesn't mean the next won't (and I dare anyone to say the Anubis battle isn't on par with some of the better ones) so I wouldn't call this a disappointment yet.
 
Jan 28, 2015 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 498
Godtier_Taste said:

+1
 
Jan 29, 2015 1:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1585
Brilliant episode. At first the whole manga stand idea seemed really strange. However, that scene with Oingo getting tortured in the car may be one of the most hilarious and awesome scenes I've ever seen in an anime.

Awesome episode. Definitely the best one this season so far.

9/10

 
Jan 29, 2015 2:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 282
sullynathan said:
gedata said:


well pouring generic negativity onto something doesn't make for interesting discussion

I'm not trying to be negative, I really disliked this episode. I hold jojo to a higher standard than this. I expected toys season to be more creative but it started weaker than the last season.


 
Jan 29, 2015 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1190
Damn my best friend and I must be some of the only people to think this was by far the worst ep of the whole JoJo anime so far. It was amusing in parts but generally a big let down. Filler enemy at best.
 
Jan 29, 2015 6:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 77
antonnn said:
Damn my best friend and I must be some of the only people to think this was by far the worst ep of the whole JoJo anime so far. It was amusing in parts but generally a big let down. Filler enemy at best.


Someone doesn't know what filler is.
<img src="http://i.imgur.com/5NsN8MU.gif" border="0" />
 
Jan 29, 2015 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
antonnn said:
Damn my best friend and I must be some of the only people to think this was by far the worst ep of the whole JoJo anime so far. It was amusing in parts but generally a big let down. Filler enemy at best.


This part isn't filler.....

 
Jan 29, 2015 11:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 512
antonnn said:
Damn my best friend and I must be some of the only people to think this was by far the worst ep of the whole JoJo anime so far. It was amusing in parts but generally a big let down. Filler enemy at best.


You should probably look up what "filler" means. And also, part of Jojo's charm, for me at least, is that it mixes comedic scenes in with all of the epic action. Fights like this might not be epic or badass, but they make you laugh and they break up the tension that persists through most of the series.
 
Jan 29, 2015 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 196
antonnn said:
Damn my best friend and I must be some of the only people to think this was by far the worst ep of the whole JoJo anime so far. It was amusing in parts but generally a big let down. Filler enemy at best.


It's not filler. The Oingo Boingo arc was literally in the manga.

sullynathan said:


Stardust Crusaders 2nd season has been a complete dissapointment. Iggy is an annoying shit. This episode is quite literally the worst jojo episode I've watched and the most boring episode of any show I've watched this year.


Relax it's been 3 episodes
 
Jan 29, 2015 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 52
Fadeout4 said:

And also, part of Jojo's charm, for me at least, is that it mixes comedic scenes in with all of the epic action. Fights like this might not be epic or badass, but they make you laugh and they break up the tension that persists through most of the series.


This.
 
Jan 29, 2015 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1522
Did Jotaro really ever DO that trick with the 5 smokes and the juice?
 
Jan 29, 2015 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
DmonHiro said:
Did Jotaro really ever DO that trick with the 5 smokes and the juice?
well Polnareff actually did believe Oingo guise, and I doubt he'd rib Jotaro of all folks like this if he couldn't do it
 
Jan 29, 2015 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15758
Damn that was quite stupid and entertaining at the same time. Little sad about them no realizing though. I expect that from Polnaref but not Joseph. I mean his old guy persona seems pretty tense but i just can't imagine him when he was young to not realize. This was the guy that was predicting what people where thinking. So what happened? Did old age killed his braincells completely?

Loved the silly ED though. That was even more fun than the story of the brothers itself.
Kind of expected that wallet thing was gonna come and hit them back. It was just throw there out of the blue you knew they threw it there so it can play a role later.
 
Jan 29, 2015 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 512
DmonHiro said:
Did Jotaro really ever DO that trick with the 5 smokes and the juice?


He could have. Just because it wasn't shown to us doesn't mean it didn't happen. We haven't seen EVERYTHING that's happened over the past 30 days of the journey.
 
Jan 29, 2015 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15153
Monad said:
Damn that was quite stupid and entertaining at the same time. Little sad about them no realizing though. I expect that from Polnaref but not Joseph. I mean his old guy persona seems pretty tense but i just can't imagine him when he was young to not realize. This was the guy that was predicting what people where thinking. So what happened? Did old age killed his braincells completely?


It's not so much that Polnareff and Joseph were dumb as it was that Oingo and Boingo were so insignificant a threat as to not be noticed.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Jan 30, 2015 3:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 148
I'm glad my decision to stop visiting MAL, judging from the replies in this thread, was justified. Users like sullynathan and Mikasa have convinced me that this site has got to be filled with some of the shittiest taste I've had the displeasure of seeing.
 
Jan 30, 2015 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
sjack said:
I'm glad my decision to stop visiting MAL, judging from the replies in this thread, was justified. Users like sullynathan and Mikasa have convinced me that this site has got to be filled with some of the shittiest taste I've had the displeasure of seeing.

Come on man.

Some of us MAL users aren't that bad.

 
Jan 30, 2015 7:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 154
sjack said:
I'm glad my decision to stop visiting MAL, judging from the replies in this thread, was justified. Users like sullynathan and Mikasa have convinced me that this site has got to be filled with some of the shittiest taste I've had the displeasure of seeing.


How are these two even remotely in the same league? Judging from his recent posts SullyNathan just seemed to be a bit angry over something, and it's not that far-fetched for someone to dislike this arc.

Mikasa is an autistic kid, who trolls everywhere and is a giant HxH fanboy, always going ''You just don't understand nen'', when someone says anything against it.

I totally understand your post though, I'm just saying SullyNathan isn't even close to Mikasa and some other weebs on this board.
 
Jan 30, 2015 9:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1190
Gee I know they weren't filler, but it was so poor at times that they might as well have been, that's the point I was making when saying "filler enemy at best" obviously.

I love the JoJo comedy but this ep didn't do it for me at all more often than not. NEXT!
Modified by antonnn, Jan 30, 2015 9:52 AM
 
Jan 30, 2015 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 393
Monad said:
Did old age killed his braincells completely?


No, that was The Lovers.
 
Jan 30, 2015 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1454
antonnn said:
Gee I know they weren't filler, but it was so poor at times that they might as well have been, that's the point I was making when saying "filler enemy at best" obviously.

I love the JoJo comedy but this ep didn't do it for me at all more often than not. NEXT!

Okay.

I'm sorry for giving you crap then.

 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »