Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Gundam: G no Reconguista Episode 17 Discussion

Jan 22, 2015 9:23 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aida is being quite risky this episode...I wonder how long she can keep this up.

One thing that caught my attention is the area they were fighting with all the meteoroids around. Decent episode overall. Both sides showed their military strength while also adapting with their environment.

Jan 22, 2015 12:51 PM
Great episode! More things were explained in an implicit manner...

1) Kashiba Mikoshi really looks like the modern version of the Rafflesia along with the La Vian Rose aesthetics. Can anyone enlighten me on whether this thing is measurable to the size of Angel Halo/ Peacemillon / Libra or the Jupitris-Class ?

2) If i'm not wrong, Colonel Cumpa is actually Colonel Piani Kaluta the man who is responsible for sending bellri and aida to earth.

3) The ability used by the Mack Knife grunt suits, should be named 'Plasma' something? That ability could explain why G-Self is capable of pulling off a powerful SRW punch.

Furthermore, more plot twists and agendas coming and new MS being introduced soon. Just couldn't wait for more!!!

Sry for the spoilers

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/81cfa85agw1eoinzxmxsmj208c0qywgu.jpg

The yellow MS is called Justima(ジャスティマ) and appears to be G-Line and Gaeon partner. Gaeon mentioned to belong to the JIT group from Venus Globe.

Gaitrash (The suit from the second section) : new Dorette Fleet MS. Pilot is Rockpie, has Beam Mantle.

Jan 22, 2015 7:30 PM

Decent episode.

They are fighting with so many meteoroids around.

Jan 23, 2015 2:33 AM

I feel like each episode starts with a massive hole, which is filled with more disjointed/rushed actions from the protagonists. "Debris everywhere." "Soil everywhere." "Headache." *giant spatula action*

Jan 23, 2015 3:19 PM

Has Klim become an ally of the lady from the dorette fleet?

This thing deserves a rewatch.... because it's hard to understand things the first time around.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 23, 2015 3:37 PM

So basically...we had a cleaning episode.

Jan 23, 2015 6:48 PM

Who really cares anymore, the worst Gundam story

Jan 24, 2015 2:34 AM

LiquidGold said:
So basically...we had a cleaning episode.

Jan 24, 2015 12:40 PM
Tomino is trying to show what is happening right now:

People are fighting for resources, and they are ready to do anything to get them. Making alliances, breaking alliances, plotting, braking taboos and everything.

Nowadays there is no space and times for ideals, what matters is the energy that is controlled by a few states.

That is what Tomino is showing, and judging by your reaction I understand why he said that people who loved the original Gundam won't love G-Reco: you guys are expecting factions to root for in a story that is supposed to have nothing of this stuff.

I think Tomino is doing a great job with G-Reco, and he is touching a lot of themes and motivations that are connected to real issues, not just fiction. What I appreciate more is that he is trying to speak with the viewer, not just pandering to him. I also love that, one way or the other, everyone is right and wrong at the same time, there are no real bad and good guys, just people who are trying to achieve a realistic and not idealistic goal.

Tomino built a world where monopoly of the energy might be justified by previous and current events, at the same time he is showing how that is not working very well, because war is not so easy to stop. One thing that he did very well was contextualizing G-Reco's world into UC's story AND real world. He is also showing a generation (Bell, Aida, Noredo, Manny and Raraiya) that knows war only very indirectly (from news and fiction), and that now has to face and cope with reality, just like real kids.

I think he put a lot of thought in the setting and he really tried to tie it up to his work of fiction and the reality that moved him to write G-Reco (Fukushima events, new generations and actual political situation).

I'm not saying that this show is perfect, but it is probably on of the few shows that is talking of something. Maybe sitting and paying attention would be useful.

Jan 24, 2015 2:23 PM

WHAT do you mean?!

We don't "like" or are frustrated with Reco because of how it engages its story. There are many factions in an interesting world desperate for resources from the moon, which makes it fun, but we have a small gate towards understanding fully.

And you can't hate the comedy.
Modified by shakeyourpup45, Jan 24, 2015 2:28 PM

Jan 24, 2015 3:39 PM
LunamariaHawke said:
Has Klim become an ally of the lady from the dorette fleet?

Sort of. They were captured by the Dorette Fleet's home defense team, led by Gavan, but they were let go when it was discovered he was the son of the Amerian president and placed under Mashner Humes' command. Now, Klim's planning to take the Dorette Fleet's strength for himself and use it to take Capital Tower, which would allow Ameria to win its war with Gondowan and establish itself as the greatest nation in all of Earth and space, with Klim and Mick as its King and Queen.

Meanwhile, Mask and Cumpa made arrangements prior to arriving at Towasanga and were formally welcomed into the colony by the official Towasangan government. The local government, despite supporting the Dorette Fleet, have many members that distrust the Fleet out of envy that they'll be able to touch down and live on Earth, and so are attempting to use the Capital Army as an opportunity to secure their own positions on Earth. The Capital Army itself is seeking to annex Towasanga and the Dorette Fleet into their own and use their forces to secure their dominance over the Capital Tower and destroy the Amerian army.

Basically, Ameria wants to use Towasanga to destroy the Capital, the Capital wants to use Towasanga to destroy Ameria and capture the G-Self, and the Towasangans and the Dorette Fleet are weighing their options. but ultimately, they have their own selfish goal of settling on Earth.

Jan 24, 2015 4:05 PM

So the battle turned into a match between who could collect the most space debris....lame.

Seems like the next episode will be better, almost looked like that new machine was emanating moonlight energy.

Jan 25, 2015 2:46 PM
DoAndroidsDream said:
Who really cares anymore, the worst Gundam story

Nope still Seed Destiny

Jan 25, 2015 10:09 PM

Ain't no party like a debris sweep party. Cumpa's agenda is coming to light. Bifron is ugly as shit. Still waiting on that Hecate, Bandai.
Sieg Zeon!

Jan 26, 2015 3:48 AM
The show finally reveals more hint for a deep plotline that connect to the actual UC universe stuff. Just now, not only fractions on earth and moon, there are now a couple of factions IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!
Even long time followers of the show like would scratch their hands without reading support material.
What this show is good at, also the creators trademark is the lack of clear defining good guy / bad guy, hence this shows carries the hint of reality in it but how it was presented remain: Why they must do it like that? If they just do it with more brunt exposition method, it would be way better.

Jan 26, 2015 6:36 AM
Chuchumy saved this episode.

Jan 27, 2015 4:46 AM

Gundamfagg said:
Tomino built a world where monopoly of the energy might be justified by previous and current events, at the same time he is showing how that is not working very well, because war is not so easy to stop. One thing that he did very well was contextualizing G-Reco's world into UC's story AND real world. He is also showing a generation (Bell, Aida, Noredo, Manny and Raraiya) that knows war only very indirectly (from news and fiction), and that now has to face and cope with reality, just like real kids.

I think he put a lot of thought in the setting and he really tried to tie it up to his work of fiction and the reality that moved him to write G-Reco (Fukushima events, new generations and actual political situation).

Yeah I agree with this, I like how he builds the themes of G Reco on the earlier Gundams, the mistakes the earlier generations in the UC timeline made. Now the people are trying to stay away from the UC tech in an utopia-like world, but natyrally it's not working out quite as intended. Also I like the portrayal of the new generation of kids who are not used to the war of the UC era, namely Bellri and the rest of the kids.

I liked the conversation the Capital Tower guy had with the Towasanga dude (I can't remember their names >__>)

Also the ship in the end looked pretty fucking dope.

The political situation is quite confusing, but I think I'm finally grasping what is going on. Sorta.

Jan 27, 2015 5:36 AM
Gundamfagg said:

I'm not saying that this show is perfect, but it is probably on of the few shows that is talking of something. Maybe sitting and paying attention would be useful.

I agree, but thats exactly why the show is just short of being great with the lack of key detail given out that lays more solid ground work. ie some blunt voice over would do other than characters splitting out new terms out of the blue, where audience has never heard of it prior.

All those problems can be resolved in 5 minutes.

Jan 27, 2015 3:32 PM

Great episode!

Tbh i don't like the constant breaking of alliances then teaming up with enemies then the next fighting them out of nowhere.

It kinda shows most of the rules they have in place in this universe are expendable and can easily be taken advantage.

It was weird we saw them cleaning out of nowhere, but it's just a scapegoat just to avoid conflict between factions.

Lol i'm actually watching Gundam ZZ simultaneously with Reconguista right now. Those fake meteor balloons are from that show XD

Not to mention Gundam ZZ has finally gotten serious after Episode 15. It's the same with Reconguista so i guess Tomino has a habit of making things interesting around episode 15+!

I'm surprise no one mentioned that Rushita, Kunpa mentioned to Lorucca about what happened to his two "children" they sent on earth.

So it pretty much implies that Kunpa's children are Aida and Bellri.

Getting interesting, can't wait for the next episode!

Jan 27, 2015 3:42 PM

AngeCross said:
I'm surprise no one mentioned that Rushita, Kunpa mentioned to Lorucca about what happened to his two "children" they sent on earth.

So it pretty much implies that Kunpa's children are Aida and Bellri.

I believe all Lorucca said was that Cumpa was the one that dropped Aida and Bellri on Earth. Nothing else was insinuated from that dialogue, so far. Are you sure Lorucca explicitly said [Cumpa's] children?
Sieg Zeon!

Jan 27, 2015 8:26 PM

Gundamfagg said:

The problem with Reconguista isn't that there's a lack of effort in planning. Even though I don't understand everything, I can at least perceive that this is one of the most well-thought out and original Gundam series perhaps ever made. It's a bold attempt to break from the usual mold, and I appreciate Reconguista for that.

But the problem is rather that Reconguista is completely disconnected from its audience. Even if people don't double-task as they watch Reconguista (I personally don't), it's incredibly difficult to understand. Of all the series I've ever watched, this is probably the only series where I feel like I can't make sense of what I'm watching without reading up on what other people are saying about it. I understand that Reconguista is trying to push back against the sort of spoon-feeding we're used to, but this is tipping the scale to the other extreme. Basically, it's as if we're expected to know what these characters are talking about as they talk, and the script is written as if they have no need to explain.

I concede that this is more natural; it's weird to think that I would be explaining stuff in the middle of talking to my friends or colleagues in real life when I have reason to think they already know. So in a sense, Reconguista is only trying to be more realistic. But this isn't real life. We don't live in the world they do, and a lot of the times most of us simply cannot understand what they're talking about as they do. To expect the audience to sit through maybe two viewings of every episode just to understand the series is arrogant, if not insulting, when this problem can easily be remedied by either better explanation or some kind of a recap episode after episode 12 or 13. I appreciate that a few watchers try to explain what's going on. Then again, I'd much rather not feel like the characters are running circles around me every episode. This tendency really kills most people's ability to immerse themselves in the series, even assuming that everything will be made clear by the end, which is not exactly guaranteed at this point.

Jan 28, 2015 10:07 AM

Episode that puts so many irons in the fire despite not having a plot that wires consistently, but there are still some mysteries, that is obvious.
Narrative that follows the usual pattern, made of fights and parties in dialogue.
Drawings with ups and downs.
Too bad he could not understand at all the references, they had to make it easier for non-fans of the genre.

Feb 3, 2015 2:20 AM
Summary: Gundams become janitors (to suck up to Towasanga to get Kashiba Mikoshi energy).
So what's "Aida's Decision"? I hope it's not "become a stupid, incompetent princess." Her mech & weapon seems built for long range, improving as sniper might help.

Jan 4, 2018 8:25 AM

Cumpa is the bad!!! kekeke

Hello, my litte boy!