Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2015 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
... from fighting Caster?

I thought it was stupid, but I need a specific reason why he used a Command Spell on Saber to stop her from getting Caster?

Edit: Removed spoiler in title.
TachiiJan 21, 2015 6:35 PM
Jan 21, 2015 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
Because he feared for Taiga's life, as she was held captive.

I don't think he used the command spell, purposely/consciously. Same how he stopped Saber in the first episode.
Jan 21, 2015 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
I believe that wasn't his intention.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 21, 2015 2:03 AM

Nov 2014
Shirou had no other choice. If you think Saber could defeat Caster inside her "territory" then you are mistaken, Saber sucks at aerial combat. Using her Noble Phantasm would leave Taiga dead and then she'll just disappear almost immediately afterwards (due to running out of mana).
Jan 21, 2015 2:05 AM

Jan 2011
tsudecimo said:
Because he feared for Taiga's life, as she was held captive.

I don't think he used the command spell, purposely/consciously. Same how he stopped Saber in the first episode.
This is exactly it.
Jan 21, 2015 2:18 AM
Aug 2012
To add to that, ONLY Shirou knew Caster is near invincible inside her boundary(from their previous encounter) and noticed the threads around Taiga (which need Servant-class attacks to destroy). Saber didn't notice those and she prioritized Shirou, disregarding Taiga. Also Saber wouldn't be able to defeat Caster before she can insta-kill her hostage or use her a shield. Their was also the possibility of Caster being a fake or shadow.

Shirou used the Command Seal accidentally as he wanted to save Taiga. If this seems stupid, i would hate to be your family in a desperate or lose-lose situation.

Jan 21, 2015 2:22 AM

Jul 2007
No he did use the command spell consciously.

He knew full well Taiga will die if it continues for even a second so he stopped Saber the only way he could.
Jan 21, 2015 2:24 AM

Apr 2010
I don't understand either. He should have prioritized Seiba-waifu.
Jan 21, 2015 6:35 AM

Jan 2014
JustKurious said:
I thought it was stupid, but I need a specific reason why he used a Command Spell on Saber to stop her from getting Caster?

How many time can Saber "get" Caster already?

I remember one time when Saber stabbed Caster's stomach and Caster laughed in her face.
Jan 21, 2015 7:40 AM

Jul 2007
chickenonthepan said:
JustKurious said:

How many time can Saber "get" Caster already?

I remember one time when Saber stabbed Caster's stomach and Caster laughed in her face.

or when Archer rushed and cut Caster to pieces and she responded by trying to beamspam them to all hell?
Jan 21, 2015 7:44 AM

Aug 2014
Hey you know what the title is?
Spoilers.
Jan 21, 2015 8:11 AM

Sep 2014
1)as said in previous episodes she can't be beaten within her own territory(territories as in these boundary feild/pocket dimentions)
2)as rin said in a previous episode even if they managed to beat caster inside her own field she can ensure mutual death
3) Shirou was trying to save taiga, his only family left in the world, Saber's actions almost got her killed
4)while saber is one of the best CQC servants so caster utilised arial hit and run tactics to get around it just like rider/and not-rider. Caster doesnt have to "beat" saber in order to defeat her. not to mention rin and shirou still could have gotten swarmed by golems in the meantime or laser blasted.

does shirou need rule of cool on his side just for his actions to make sense to you? let me guess archer saber and kiritsugu can do no wrong because they are lolsbadass?
Jan 21, 2015 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
To add to that, ONLY Shirou knew Caster is near invincible inside her boundary(from their previous encounter) and noticed the threads around Taiga (which need Servant-class attacks to destroy). Saber didn't notice those and she prioritized Shirou, disregarding Taiga. Also Saber wouldn't be able to defeat Caster before she can insta-kill her hostage or use her a shield. Their was also the possibility of Caster being a fake or shadow.

Shirou used the Command Seal accidentally as he wanted to save Taiga. If this seems stupid, i would hate to be your family in a desperate or lose-lose situation.

Sorry, but this is wrong. Saber knew quite well about the strings around Taiga's neck. I mean, she traced them in a previous episode to Shirou. Like I said, plain hating...

I mean, Rin saw it too. They can all see it perfectly well. There's a reason none of them moved whilst listening to Caster. Trust me, they would have continued attacking if not for that ~.~
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 21, 2015 8:29 AM

Jan 2014
mira-lala said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Sorry, but this is wrong. Saber knew quite well about the strings around Taiga's neck. I mean, she traced them in a previous episode to Shirou. Like I said, plain hating...

I mean, Rin saw it too. They can all see it perfectly well. There's a reason none of them moved whilst listening to Caster. Trust me, they would have continued attacking if not for that ~.~

So:

- Saber doesn't notice the string SO she engages Caster

- Saber notices the string BUT she still engages Caster -> Fuck Taiga

Pick one.
Jan 21, 2015 8:46 AM
Aug 2012
mira-lala said:

Sigh.......Mira you just made Saber look even more bad. Also i don't hate Saber.

Jan 21, 2015 8:48 AM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
mira-lala said:

So:

Pick one.
well...i mean...she almost liiterally said fuck taiga in the source material.....
Jan 21, 2015 8:55 AM

Sep 2014
chickenonthepan said:
mira-lala said:

So:

Pick one.

The second. I thought it was obvious. We know she's done worst....to what she wants to protect, even ~.~

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
mira-lala said:

Sigh.......Mira you just made Saber look even more bad. Also i don't hate

Saber.

She is tho. Everyone has flaws. Her flaw is killing 1 person(Taiga) to "save thousands/millions".

She is just going to pass it off as a casualty.

Plus, actions prove more than words. Even tho it's quite ironic in this case, you've acted like you hate or dislike here, and now state that you don't hate her ~.~
Jan 21, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2014
Some of you guys are talking as if the characters are running calculations in their head while everythings going down.

In the end, blood boils and people make tough decisions.

Jan 21, 2015 10:12 AM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:
Some of you guys are talking as if the characters are running calculations in their head while everythings going down.

well it is called an ambush for a reason....
Jan 21, 2015 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
SwordHand said:

That doesn't go against what's being discussed, though. It just means that's how the grown to think.

They're instincts are to sacrifice the few for the many - they don't even need to think about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2015 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:

Well, yes, actually. Shirou's the only one there actually only listening to Caster. Saber already knows what she's saying, and Rin is a magus. Saber is trainedhas trained herself to think fast in situations as such.

Plus, it's what she's followed through her entire life. Taiga's significance seems small, compared to thousands-millions. And, in the end, if she achieves her wish, killing Taiga will most likely, not happen, as she's not there to make it happen.
Jan 21, 2015 10:25 AM

Nov 2014
Mickdrew said:
SwordHand said:

That doesn't go against what's being discussed, though. It just means that's how the grown to think.

They're instincts are to sacrifice the few for the many - they don't even need to think about it.

Humans are built to instinctively react to the problem at hand, not in the future. And I'm sure there are plenty of adults who'd rather see a family member saved than a couple of strangers.

mira-lala said:
SwordHand said:

Well, yes, actually. Shirou's the only one there actually only listening to Caster. Saber already knows what she's saying, and Rin is a magus. Saber is trainedhas trained herself to think fast in situations as such.

Plus, it's what she's followed through her entire life. Taiga's significance seems small, compared to thousands-millions. And, in the end, if she achieves her wish, killing Taiga will most likely, not happen, as she's not there to make it happen.

Not many people have problems with Saber or Rin in the scene. I don't have much to say about Saber in this scene except for the fact that she's an accomplished concert heartstring player.

Jan 21, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2007
SwordHand said:

They ARE.

AT least Shirou is.

That's the whole point of his character. Instead of freaking out he is playing chess in his head.
Jan 21, 2015 10:28 AM

Nov 2014
CookingPriest said:
SwordHand said:

They ARE.

AT least Shirou is.

That's the whole point of his character. Instead of freaking out he is playing chess in his head.

never knew he was secretly gary kasparov
i guess im a secondary

Jan 21, 2015 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

They ARE.

AT least Shirou is.

He wasn't in the scene in the VN, he was pretty enraged and his thinking was messed up. Stopping Saber was a split second decision.

That said, one could argue that Saber actually did "calculate" or whatever because unlike Shirou she'd be more familiar with such situations and Taiga isn't family or anything to her. It just happens that her conclusion was one Shirou logically disagreed with.
Jan 21, 2015 10:45 AM

Sep 2014
SwordHand said:

Not many people have problems with Saber or Rin in the scene. I don't have much to say about Saber in this scene except for the fact that she's an accomplished concert heartstring player.

http://image.blingee.com/images17/content/output/000/000/000/5d5/505811603_1160298.gif
Jan 21, 2015 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

They ARE.

AT least Shirou is.

He wasn't in the scene in the VN, he was pretty enraged and his thinking was messed up. Stopping Saber was a split second decision.

That said, one could argue that Saber actually did "calculate" or whatever because unlike Shirou she'd be more familiar with such situations and Taiga isn't family or anything to her. It just happens that her conclusion was one Shirou logically disagreed with.

Just because you are enraged, does not mean you are not playing chess.

Seiba's thinking pretty much was:
"Shirou = food sourcemaster
Taiga = rival for food random girl
Thus
shirou > taiga
"
Jan 21, 2015 11:26 AM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

Just because you are enraged, does not mean you are not playing chess.

Seiba's thinking pretty much was:
"Shirou = food sourcemaster
Taiga = rival for food random girl
Thus
shirou > taiga
"

It's not even this. This is just random hate.

You're saying Shirou has a more advanced mind than Saber when he's playing chess whilst she's playing house. This is ridiculous.
Jan 21, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
SwordHand said:
CookingPriest said:

They ARE.

AT least Shirou is.

never knew he was secretly gary kasparov
i guess im a secondary

I always saw the shirou, during VN, as a guy who had polls and practical thoughts in situations where it was. It was not that cold and calculating that analyzes everything coldly and took the best decisions. That would be almost a Gary Stu. He's not used to this kind of situation (blackmail hostage), and was still angry, for obvious reasons. For me, instead of someone playing chess in his head as he is in a dangerous situation, predicting events and choosing the best path (Army strategist), it would be more like a captain of a battalion, taking the path of action more practical and effective with the imposed situation (if that makes sense, but it was better analogy I thought now).
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.