Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Chapter 56 Discussion

Jan 31, 2015 12:28 PM
Trickster

LonelyWizard said:
Todd_ said:
You do realize that's what gives Pumpkin an unfair advantage right? The others require an immense amount of skill to be able to use. While Pumpkin is literally "IF I GET ANGRY ENOUGH ILL WIN". In the end, it's bullshit and unfair toward every single teiguu user in the manga. Sure, a lot of teiguu out there are overpowered, but the user actually had to train to be able to obtain these new powers. Whether it be Tatsumi, Esdese, or whoever. All Mine has to do is get angry and it can overpower any teiguu. If that doesn't spell cheap to you, I don't know what does. And that goes for pretty much any manga.

Now before you go off saying I'm a "Mine hater", I'm really not. I just get tired of seeing all conveniences that are given to her when other characters don't even get thrown a freakin' bone.
i wont call you a Mine hater (still,not liking Mine is perfectly fine as long as you dont say it literally every minute and you have your reasons)..

Yes,Pumpkin spells cheap,and its OP...But as i said before there are lots of OP things in this manga and the fact that user needs to train to be OP doesnt change the fact that they are OP...I dont read alot of manga like this,normally i only read Romance manga but when i do read this manga i prepare myself for anything shounen-ish...Pumpkin is not the only thing unrealistic thing in this manga and its not a reason to hate Mine...

Friendly Reminder:I never said "Pumpkin is not OP"

TL;DR:Pumpkin is not so unrealistic in the AgK universe even though it is unfair if you think according to our world's laws...And its definitely not worse than freezing time...

But it is the only thing that's driven by emotions, and that's my issue with it. Most of the overpowered things in the manga have a limit. When something is driven by emotions, it pretty much has infinite power. Which is where my issue comes in. Even Esdese's time freeze has a limit of a few seconds and only once per day.

LordPerucho said:
In terms of destructive capacity, I agree its a bit OP, but you need to have insane reflexes to dodge Pumpkin beams(Esdease managed to casually dodge them).

It means jack when you have lots fo power but you cant hit your opponent.

Very true. Which is exactly why, according to what's all happened so far with how truly powerful Esdese is, Mine should've been killed by Esdese in that arena.

Jan 31, 2015 1:52 PM

At the end of the day, we get to enjoy every chapters to the fullest (not impelling that im enjoying the deaths but rather the realism behind it) while some will just ended up butthurt. It's obvious who will lose out more in the long run. Recall the moment before you even read chapter 1, do you wish for entertainment or getting upset by it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 31, 2015 2:29 PM

Todd_ said:

Very true. Which is exactly why, according to what's all happened so far with how truly powerful Esdese is, Mine should've been killed by Esdese in that arena.

Esdease was fucking around, she only wanted to push Pumpkins strength to its limit. Among the current villains Esdease hasnt been affected by Plot-no Jutsu compared to the rest of the Jaegars or Budou.

There was nothing wrong with a 100% healthy Mine defeating a version of Budou that was almost out of energy and half dead, compared to the anime which made no sense at all.(In the anime for some reason implied Budous lighting was inferior to Seryus punches, and then Budou gets completely overpowered/1 shotted).

Does anyone seriously think Mine could push Esdease to fight her seriously? Really?

Jan 31, 2015 2:31 PM

LordPerucho said:
Todd_ said:

Esdease was fucking around, she only wanted to push Pumpkins strength to its limit. Among the current villains Esdease hasnt been affected by Plot-no Jutsu compared to the rest of the Jaegars or Budou.

There was nothing wrong with a 100% healthy Mine defeating a version of Budou that was almost out of energy and half dead, compared to the anime which made no sense at all.(In the anime for some reason implied Budous lighting was inferior to Seryus punches, and then Budou gets completely overpowered/1 shotted).

Does anyone seriously think Mine could push Esdease to fight her seriously? Really?

There is at least one person who believes that

Jan 31, 2015 3:34 PM
Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:

if pumkin really posses infinite power because of the emotion part akame using pumkin would be funny because akame is almost a robot when she is fighting xD
but now to something else Mine pushing esdeath in a corner dosnt seem so unreal(not that it would ever happen)
but to do this a lot of things have to happen
just image tatsumi dying all of ur friends are dead and ur against esdeath u know what im trying to tell ya take the beam which killed budou 100x shoot it in the ground and the beams radius would settle the rest
atom bomb! but that is just a theory

Jan 31, 2015 3:47 PM

Najenda said she never was interested in falling in love with anyone, that explains why she couldnt beat Esdease with Pumpkin.

Emotions boosting Pumpkin isnt really much of an asspull.

Mine has to almost kill herself to release that kind of power from pumpkin to defeat a half-dead Budou. I wont deny this attack could kill the likes of Armored Wave or Monster Stylish.
Modified by LordPerucho, Jan 31, 2015 4:13 PM

Jan 31, 2015 4:10 PM

Pumkin2712 said:
Darklight0303 said:

if pumkin really posses infinite power because of the emotion part akame using pumkin would be funny because akame is almost a robot when she is fighting xD
but now to something else Mine pushing esdeath in a corner dosnt seem so unreal(not that it would ever happen)
but to do this a lot of things have to happen
just image tatsumi dying all of ur friends are dead and ur against esdeath u know what im trying to tell ya take the beam which killed budou 100x shoot it in the ground and the beams radius would settle the rest
atom bomb! but that is just a theory

An irrelevant theory thanks to the author AT LEAST destroying Pumpkin for good. Too bad he didn't have the balls to get rid of its user as well

Jan 31, 2015 4:26 PM

If she ever wakes up to help Tatsumi its gonna be with a handful of pistols and a regular sniper rifle ala Riza Hawkeye from FMA.

I can see the Tatsumi/Mine reunion being like Naruto/Hinata(where the MCs lover gets almost killed) in this case it would vs either UT(used by Onest) or Esdease.

Tatsumi goes full beast mode and ends up dying in the process.

Jan 31, 2015 5:17 PM
does anyone of u guys know asuras wrath?

spoiler

in this game at a certain point the main character suddenly goes from rage mode to total rage beast mode and u have to fight against him or better to say almost kill him with his bf i can see this happening between akame and tatsumi or akame,Mine and tatsumidoes anyone of u guys know asuras wrath?

Jan 31, 2015 5:32 PM

finally that pest mine has been properly sacrificed for tatsumis development. was so fucking tired of her was hoping budo would kill her but making her a permanent vegetable unable to move because she used all her life energy in pumpkin works for me. as long as shes in the coma until atleast the last chapter im content with this. been 2 long since he sacrificed anyway.

Jan 31, 2015 6:05 PM

Pumkin2712 said:

spoiler

in this game at a certain point the main character suddenly goes from rage mode to total rage beast mode and u have to fight against him or better to say almost kill him with his bf i can see this happening between akame and tatsumi or akame,Mine and tatsumidoes anyone of u guys know asuras wrath?

Asura would end this conflict in a day. >_>

Feb 1, 2015 2:09 AM

Budou died pretty quickly in just a battle, hope Mine is ok even though it doesn't look good right now.

Feb 1, 2015 4:19 AM
Darklight0303 said:
Pumkin2712 said:

spoiler

Asura would end this conflict in a day. >_>

yeah asura would kill esdeath and budo in 5min xD+ the empire o,O

Feb 1, 2015 5:12 AM

Snow said:
Graphic books best seller list (Manga & OEL) for January 18th - 24th

*1. Akame ga Kill! Vol.1

Source: NY Times Manga Best Seller List
Previous related news: NA Anime & Manga Releases for January

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1349309

AgK sold number 1 in NY Times.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Feb 1, 2015 7:45 AM
Zapredon said:
Snow said:
Graphic books best seller list (Manga & OEL) for January 18th - 24th

*1. Akame ga Kill! Vol.1

Source: NY Times Manga Best Seller List
Previous related news: NA Anime & Manga Releases for January

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1349309

AgK sold number 1 in NY Times.

volium 2 akame ga kill. april 21
is there anyone else buying it or am i the only one;P

Feb 1, 2015 10:11 AM

Buy it then scan the bonus chapters, or get someone to do it for you.

The Bonus chapters often give clues/solves mysteries, like for example Volume 1 bonus chapter told us Takahiro planned Mine x Tatsumi from the beginning.

Sorry Esdease shippers.

The tragedy the priest predicted is likely gonna be Mine(waking up from the comma dealing the killing blow on Tatsumi) if not then it will be Akame.

It will be a tragedy how a friend you trust so much kill your boyfriend.

Feb 1, 2015 1:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Great chapter, thought Budo striking back came as a bit forcefull, since all those death flags were raised.
Why did Leone had to talk "seems we managed to escape"...

Feb 1, 2015 3:46 PM

does anyone expecting that the next chapter and future will be:

- kill the little sister
- tatsumi will gain a wings
- the end

Feb 1, 2015 8:04 PM

The next chapter will be about what does that mysterious eye means for Tatsumi, if he is slowly losing his humanity or not.

lol at Akame vs Kurome being a single chapter, at most it will be 3 chapters.

Feb 3, 2015 10:28 AM
RIP budo, the strongest.........old man

Feb 3, 2015 3:57 PM

Budou losing because of overusing his teigu, it isnt the first time that we saw it happening.

Liver also lost because of overusing it. Or you think Liver can also lose vs Mine?

Feb 6, 2015 8:57 PM

I'm glad that mine lived but I'm worried about tatsumi, I really want him to live until the end, I saw the anime ending and it was BS imo, personally I hope that that rumor about the manga being his route is true. This was a great chapter and it gets a 5/5 from me, and I think there's too much irrational hate for mine, I'll admit I didn't like her at first but she grew on me.

Feb 7, 2015 6:53 PM

MC117 said:
I'm glad that mine lived but I'm worried about tatsumi, I really want him to live until the end, I saw the anime ending and it was BS imo, personally I hope that that rumor about the manga being his route is true. This was a great chapter and it gets a 5/5 from me, and I think there's too much irrational hate for mine, I'll admit I didn't like her at first but she grew on me.

Fully agree. At first she was annoying as hell but since her crush on Tatsumi shes become my fav.

I also didn't understand the anime ending...I mean practically everyone just dies, and Tatsumi doesn't even live up to becoming greater than Bulat imo. I sincerely hope the manga takes another approach to it.

Feb 7, 2015 6:55 PM

MilviBritannia said:
MC117 said:

Fully agree. At first she was annoying as hell but since her crush on Tatsumi shes become my fav.

I also didn't understand the anime ending...I mean practically everyone just dies, and Tatsumi doesn't even live up to becoming greater than Bulat imo. I sincerely hope the manga takes another approach to it.

You wouldn't know what proper build up for a romance is even if it hit you in the face with a chainsword.

Feb 8, 2015 5:36 AM

Darklight0303 said:
You wouldn't know what proper build up for a romance is even if it hit you in the face with a chainsword.

Not sure where you got the romance reference since my comment didn't mention it but at all. Probably the side effect of other threads where I said I support the Tatsumi and Mine romance. Well thank goodness we have super clever chaps like you to educate us as to what a true romance is /sarcasm. Ever since you spouted that garbage of the Akame and Tatsumi scene being romantic I've stopped to take you seriously. :*

Feb 8, 2015 2:52 PM

I realized Kurome can actually survive if Wave finds out about that priest that can heal people.

He might take her to where he is, then he meets Tatsumi who wants the priest to heal Mine, then we could get Wave vs Tatsumi, with the winner getting the priests help.

Feb 8, 2015 3:05 PM

MilviBritannia said:
Darklight0303 said:

Not sure where you got the romance reference since my comment didn't mention it but at all. Probably the side effect of other threads where I said I support the Tatsumi and Mine romance. Well thank goodness we have super clever chaps like you to educate us as to what a true romance is /sarcasm. Ever since you spouted that garbage of the Akame and Tatsumi scene being romantic I've stopped to take you seriously. :*
Anything and Everything you say is Bullshit in the eyes of Darklight because you said that you like Mine...And i love how he can easily measure your knowledge in romance...

LordPerucho said:
I realized Kurome can actually survive if Wave finds out about that priest that can heal people.
Sounds fair enough,but why they didnt go to him for Kurome already?

Feb 8, 2015 3:15 PM

Because Wave has no idea about it?

The only ones who know about the Priest powers are Mine, Tatsumi, and Onest iirc.

Its clear Onest keeps certain stuff to himself, like wrapping a poisoned wire around Incursios sword without Esdease knowing about it.

Feb 9, 2015 12:50 AM

loneywizard said:
Anything and Everything you say is Bullshit in the eyes of Darklight because you said that you like Mine...And i love how he can easily measure your knowledge in romance...

Haha it's no worries really cause I find him extremely entertaining. I'm tempted to buy a hand puppet, call it Darklight0303 and make it throw tantrums every time someone disagrees or mentions Mine.

On a serious note, its a good point about the Priest, I completely forgot about his healing ability. Let's hope the writers didn't! xD

Feb 10, 2015 10:26 AM
Mein!!!! Why??? This battle was way too hasty, Budou was defeated with just ridiculous power ups and circumstace. Looks like the mangaka and publisher are in a hurry to wrap it up. Mein :'(

Feb 10, 2015 6:43 PM

The artist said on twitter the series is far from over, maybe its the publishers decision or the last arc is gonna be the longest one in the series.

Feb 11, 2015 2:22 AM

I really sincerely hope Mein doesn't die :(. I never really understood the anime's ending either cause imo Tatsumi didn't even achieve what Bulat wanted from him which was for Tatsumi to surprass him...unless we are just looking at the evolution of the armor which in my opinion just isn't enough when you remember how powerful Bulat was.

Feb 11, 2015 6:36 AM

In the anime he surpassed Bulat with that Digimon appearance but decided to go full Spidey mode to save the people.

The difference might be the UT might be stronger than 2nd version of Incursio, and Tatsumi might need another powerup

Feb 15, 2015 8:39 AM

So anyone ready for Chapter 57?

Predictions?

Mine is that I reaaaaally hope we see Wave and Kurome again. I want to see their reaction of NR defeating Budou and Esdease.

Feb 15, 2015 8:43 AM

LordPerucho said:

Predictions?

Mine is that I reaaaaally hope we see Wave and Kurome again. I want to see their reaction of NR defeating Budou and Esdease.

Honestly I couldn't care less anymore.

Feb 15, 2015 8:47 AM

Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:

Predictions?

and yet you're posting.

Feb 15, 2015 10:50 AM

LordPerucho said:
Mine is that I reaaaaally hope we see Wave and Kurome again.

I've already offered a goat for their return, so I just hope Dixie's sacrifice won't be for nothing.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!

Feb 15, 2015 11:15 AM

Time to see some Jaegers action I guess..
A diamond will always end up being concealed into the shadows~

Feb 15, 2015 12:04 PM

man if I was tatsumi I'd be all over Esdeath's ass. There's just something about crazy chicks man. They're filthy.

....if ya know what i mean

Feb 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Darklight0303 said:
LordPerucho said:

Predictions?

it must be sad to read a 56 chapters long manga JUST to see a character die...And she doesnt die...I cant relate but i understand i guess...lmao

Feb 15, 2015 12:16 PM

loneywizard said:
Darklight0303 said:

it must be sad to read a 56 chapters long manga JUST to see a character die...And she doesnt die...I cant relate but i understand i guess...lmao

No what's sad is to see better characters die while trash is allowed to persist.

Feb 15, 2015 12:18 PM

Junchi said:

I've already offered a goat for their return, so I just hope Dixie's sacrifice won't be for nothing.

There should be a limit how much can the priest use his power to heal people, if Tatsumi and Wave go to visit priest at the same time then he tells them he can only 1 more person due to overusing his powers, then this set up Tatsumi vs Wave with the winner getting his "gf" healed by the Priest.

Im sure a good amount of fans(specially from here, 4 chan) would root for Wave to win.

Feb 15, 2015 1:01 PM

Darklight0303 said:
No what's sad is to see better characters die while trash is allowed to persist.
Hmm....

Gandalf(J.R.R said:
“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
Nuff said

Feb 15, 2015 7:34 PM

LordPerucho said:
There should be a limit how much can the priest use his power to heal people, if Tatsumi and Wave go to visit priest at the same time then he tells them he can only 1 more person due to overusing his powers, then this set up Tatsumi vs Wave with the winner getting his "gf" healed by the Priest.

Im sure a good amount of fans(specially from here, 4 chan) would root for Wave to win.

That's a great setup tbh. Tatsumi will be placed in a tough spot as technically he will have to choose between his gf or his comrade's sister. Good potential character development to the parties involved too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 16, 2015 1:17 AM

Darklight0303 said:

Funny how opinions are subjective. I love Mine as a character I thought she was one of the best.

[quote=LordPerucho]
Junchi said:

This is a good way for the story to develop. Still losing mine for Kurome would be lame imo. I think Kurome is one of the more warped (through no fault of her own) characters in the anime. What she did to Run is a perfect example of how far gone she is.

Feb 16, 2015 8:49 AM

I hope to see Kurome, how she'll use Run and how will the confrontation between her and Akame be handled. I really don't want to see random danger beast pop up in the midst of their eventual battle. I'm also very curious about Esdeath's new trump card.

Regarding Mein's possible death, honestly I'm content either way. She died in the anime, which is enough for me. It looks like the manga won't be polluted by her, at least for a while, so that's another plus.

I definitely disagree on Mein being ''one of the best'' characters, though.
Modified by Maledict, Feb 16, 2015 11:22 AM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~

Feb 16, 2015 8:50 AM

MilviBritannia said:
Darklight0303 said:

Funny how opinions are subjective. I love Mine as a character I thought she was one of the best.

And therein lies your problem.

Feb 16, 2015 9:51 AM

Darklight0303 said:
MilviBritannia said:

exactly...Noob MilviBritannia doesnt know a thing...Wtf is that "opinion" thing you said?Is that a Pokemon?People cant have opinions in Darkylights universe...

Feb 16, 2015 9:58 AM
GC-Wave said:
Darklight0303 said:

and yet you're posting.

He is been here just to complain for a long time now

Feb 16, 2015 11:22 AM

Maledict said:
I definitely disagree on Mein being ''one of the best'' characters, though.

Which is fine given that I was stating my opinion. I'm sure we would disagree on a lot of characters, like Sasuke for instance.

Darklight0303 said:

Yes it is indeed a note worthy problem that I don't have the same taste as you. /sarcasm.

loneywizard said:
exactly...Noob MilviBritannia doesnt know a thing...Wtf is that "opinion" thing you said?Is that a Pokemon?People cant have opinions in Darkylights universe...

xD

Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »