Forum Settings
Forums

Whats more annoying? Forced Romance or No romance?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 11, 2015 9:18 PM

Nov 2014
mayukachan said:
absentminded said:
maybe i will get hate by saying this but romance in sao not forced. jut not developed well. i would said forced romance is usagi drop (manga).
I have to agree. Usagi Drop's romance was completely unnecessary while Kirito and Asuna made more sense.

Oh damn I forgot that I made that comment lol. my feeling did not change that much I still stand by that its not a very well developed relationship at all. maybe forced wasn't the right word for it though.
Oct 11, 2015 9:27 PM

Sep 2015
But I love Kirito and Asuna.
Oct 11, 2015 9:29 PM

Nov 2009
At times none whatsoever. Love is such a foundational part of ones enjoyment in life that it should be at least somewhat present in a story.
Oct 11, 2015 9:43 PM
Jun 2015
I think forced pairing is fine as long as the romance blossoms later on. Katanagatari is a forced romance and executes this well with dialogue and character interactions that it ends being a solid romance anime by the time you reach the end.
Oct 12, 2015 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
OppaiSugoi said:
mayukachan said:
I have to agree. Usagi Drop's romance was completely unnecessary while Kirito and Asuna made more sense.
SAO romance made no sense, they just threw it in there for plot convenience. I say it's forced. When did the stu couple start having feelings for each other? Having Aincrad arc in 13(?)eps with clearing 100 levels/floors, there's no way to develop romance in that short amount of time.
did you really watch SAO? i would said their romance is above average TBH. their romance even start from first episode when kirito help asuna as beginner. then many detail some episode later (especially when they debating each other for sacrificing NPC). in that episode, kirito showing that he not hate asuna and see her the way she is. she falling in love because of that. do you forgot that soo many time skip happened? when they buy home together, it's already 1 years passed. the problem of this series romance is soo many things detail skipped. that's why i would say it's not forced, but just not developed well. if author give more detail, thats enough. not needed more plot development for it romance.
ExTamplier said:
Oh Usagi Drop, that manga ending..
the author just dodging the bullet lol.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 12, 2015 9:33 AM

Aug 2015
I really love romance, I don't care if it's weird in the series, because romance= swag. So forced romance for the win <3.

Oct 12, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
absentminded said:
OppaiSugoi said:
SAO romance made no sense, they just threw it in there for plot convenience. I say it's forced. When did the stu couple start having feelings for each other? Having Aincrad arc in 13(?)eps with clearing 100 levels/floors, there's no way to develop romance in that short amount of time.
did you really watch SAO? i would said their romance is above average TBH. their romance even start from first episode when kirito help asuna as beginner. then many detail some episode later (especially when they debating each other for sacrificing NPC). in that episode, kirito showing that he not hate asuna and see her the way she is. she falling in love because of that. do you forgot that soo many time skip happened? when they buy home together, it's already 1 years passed. the problem of this series romance is soo many things detail skipped. that's why i would say it's not forced, but just not developed well. if author give more detail, thats enough. not needed more plot development for it romance.

SAO does have it. Kirito x Suguha is very forced if that count.

Duatizer said:
I really love romance, I don't care if it's weird in the series, because romance= swag. So forced romance for the win <3.

swag = secretly we are gays
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 12, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
Luxun17 said:
absentminded said:
if we talking about another girl:
>suguha is not. she already like him since beginning. flashback are kinda doing great job. but sadly it executed poorly in shitty arc.
> dat loli girl is forced. he just care for him once, used her as tools, and not doing anything other than that.
> dat big boobs weopon maker yes it is. same reason like loli girl.
> dat ass girls is forced. kirito desnt do shit. suddenly close in tournament.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 12, 2015 10:13 AM

Aug 2015
For me the most annoying thing is when they give you hints about romance but in the end it leads to nowhere.
Oct 12, 2015 10:23 AM

Nov 2013
absentminded said:
Luxun17 said:
if we talking about another girl:
>suguha is not. she already like him since beginning. flashback are kinda doing great job. but sadly it executed poorly in shitty arc.
> dat loli girl is forced. he just care for him once, used her as tools, and not doing anything other than that.
> dat big boobs weopon maker yes it is. same reason like loli girl.
> dat ass girls is forced. kirito desnt do shit. suddenly close in tournament.

The sudden appearance of the romance is forced enough. Anyway the conclusion remains the same SAO does have forced Romance.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 12, 2015 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
silverwalls said:
forced romance is definitely more annoying, i'd rather have no romance at all instead of some pairing that is made up in the last second.

Confirmed!
Especially if only done for Fanservice.. why destroy Charackters and Storyline only because some People want Romance forced in the Plot?
This Kind of Ships always sails towards Capitalism City. Else i don't get the Reason why try to add unplausible Relationships out of nowhere ..
ViousOct 12, 2015 10:36 AM
Oct 12, 2015 10:36 AM

Feb 2013
Maverik said:
For me the most annoying thing is when they give you hints about romance but in the end it leads to nowhere.

So kind of like real life?
Oct 12, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Forced romance is pretty cancerous. Even worse in games.
Oct 12, 2015 10:59 AM

Oct 2014
Might as well ask "bad writing" or "no writing at all", because that's what this essentially comes down to.
Oct 12, 2015 1:54 PM

May 2015
absentminded said:
CashMoney said:
By forced Romance you mean something like Sword Art Online?
maybe i will get hate by saying this but romance in sao not forced. jut not developed well. i would said forced romance is usagi drop (manga).

The romance in SAO isn't terrible. It makes a lot of sense. Both Asuna and Kirito are aces in their fields. Why shouldn't they go together?

We also get to see the romance, instead of being told of it. We see them love each other. We see their happiness together. It's not developed enough, but it's way more than tacked-on thing.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Oct 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Apr 2014
ExTamplier said:
Coitus said:

+1
made me chuckle

agreeed.
Oct 12, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2014
Forced romance for sure.
Oct 12, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2015
petuls said:
ExTamplier said:
made me chuckle
agreeed.
how if i told you that you can still fapping even you go ouside?

it's called left the rest to your imagination.
Oct 12, 2015 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
fuck forced romance

Threw the bitch over my shoulder and used her butt as a shield
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 41 minutes ago

4 by ryokoblue »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

43 by MichaelJackson »»
10 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

104 by FFandMMfan »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

41 by SnipeStrike »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

67 by Chuckiemuffin »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.