Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2015 3:10 PM

Jan 2015
I'm wondering since I was web surfing, I see those two together. But Shinji's Servant is Rider right? I haven't played the VN or anything. But what is the connection between those two?
Jan 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Nov 2010
You're better off waiting for Heaven's Feel movies for that, it's pretty much one of bigger spoilers in that route.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jan 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Oct 2014
Read the VN or wait until the Heaven's Feel movies come out.
Jan 19, 2015 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
read the vn or wait for HFs your title is kinda a spoiler too.
Jan 19, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
Rider is Sakura's descendent from the future. Dum, dum DUM!

She came back in the HGW to save her from Shitji, and marry her to Shirou so she can be created.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 19, 2015 3:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
yeaaaah you're venturing into quite heavy spoilers if you want us to answer that :s
Jan 19, 2015 3:36 PM

Sep 2013
mira-lala said:

She came back in the HGW to save her from Shitji, and marry her to Shirou so she can be created.

Stop confusing the newbies, Lala. Rider is not Sakura's descendant, we already know her true identity
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 19, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2014
mira-lala said:

Please, everyone knows I rock the true Rider origin stories.

http://i.imgur.com/qhMHQz1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EwphYxx.jpg
Jan 19, 2015 3:51 PM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
mira-lala said:

Please, everyone knows I rock the true Rider origin stories.

http://i.imgur.com/qhMHQz1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EwphYxx.jpg
Purple eyes :P
The sun is a deadly laser
Jan 19, 2015 4:38 PM
Dec 2014
Major spoiler:
Jan 19, 2015 9:42 PM

Nov 2013
Absolutely nothing. The only "connection" they have is that Sakura is Shinji's brother, who happens to be Rider's Master.
Jan 19, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2014
It's not coincidence that both of them have long purple hair and fine bodies. Sakura is meek, but Rider is strong. Rider's also the one that wears a mask while Sakura does not.
Jan 21, 2015 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
meanwhile, i got spoiled by a shitty adaption....
Jan 21, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:

Shrimp's back!! (◠‿◠)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:

there is really the only thing that connects rider and sakura...and that is wallachia
http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad315/Counterguardian/General/wallachia.png

Jan 21, 2015 2:14 PM

Jul 2007
Maloghurst said:
Shrimperor said:

there is really the only thing that connects rider and sakura...and that is wallachia

Shrimp is talking about manga.
Jan 21, 2015 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:
Maloghurst said:

wow.......i'm glad i never even so much as glanced at that thing.
Jan 21, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2014
Maloghurst said:
CookingPriest said:

wow.......i'm glad i never even so much as glanced at that thing.

you know how it was done?
Fate and HF spoilers!

Mickdrew said:
Shrimperor said:

Shrimp's back!! (◠‿◠)

yup :D
Let's hope my internet doesn't decide to stop for 3 days again...
Jan 21, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
wow.......i'm glad i never even so much as glanced at that thing.[/quote]
you know how it was done?
Fate and HF spoilers!

..[/quote]wowat least in DEEN stay night

Forgetfulness said:
I mean, someone who has seen Fate/Zero
lols fate/zero watchers can't figure out most of what is going on in stay night....and they're the ones with the spoilers.....
Jan 22, 2015 5:05 AM

Nov 2014
Rider is the reason why i had to accept sakura existed
Jan 22, 2015 11:39 AM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Maloghurst said:
lols fate/zero watchers can't figure out most of what is going on in stay night....and they're the ones with the spoilers.....
Oh yeah. I forgot about about how (un)proficient some Fate/Zero only watchers are at reading between the lines.

Well....It's easier to say from our perspective, though it's not only Zero watchers who can't see it, it's not that easy to see-I disliked Shirou during the early part of Fate myself. Ufotables lack of internal characterization (I have now developed a dislike of the word "monologue", thanks subforum) only makes this issue of subtlety harder to pick up. If Ufo does a good job with the second cour and they still don't get it, then that would be their problem.
Jan 22, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Insertanamehere said:

Well....It's easier to say from our perspective, though it's not only Zero watchers who can't see it, it's not that easy to see-I disliked Shirou during the early part of Fate myself. Ufotables lack of internal characterization (I have now developed a dislike of the word "monologue", thanks subforum) only makes this issue of subtlety harder to pick up. If Ufo does a good job with the second cour and they still don't get it, then that would be their problem.
Well, I know it's much easier to say from a VN-reader's POV. Still though, with the fucking shitload of details that I can pick out on Shirou's characterization from the anime, I find it somewhat hard to believe it's solely the adaptation's fault when all of that goes over some viewers' heads

Subtlety is hard, apparently. But on the other hand, there are some decisions by Ufotable that make Shirou come off as a bit more......DEEN-y. Like in the Caster bit, where they gave off the impression that Taiga was getting lose and Saber was about to kill Caster.

Incidentally, i'm not saying it's Ufotable's fault that they forget about the teleportation and body doubles of Caster.
It's not like F/Z didn't get this shit though "Why didn't Natalia jump"
Jan 22, 2015 12:04 PM

Jun 2009
Taiga was getting loose? I could have sworn the string was tightening...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:

He was stupid because he wanted to save his sister and lost Seiba waifu.

And Seiba is the strongest Servant, she can kill Caster in 3 secs.
Jan 22, 2015 12:08 PM

Aug 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:

They are tight at first, then they loosen up and she starts to descends a bit.
22:58 or so
Jan 22, 2015 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Insertanamehere said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

Honestly, even if that's true how could anyone realistically expect for him to even notice? The dudes in a panic....
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2015 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
Insertanamehere said:

Honestly, even if that's true how could anyone realistically expect for him to even notice? The dudes in a panic....
either way how would any of that have made a difference? how is saber charging into caster let alone engaging her stop her from just quickly jerking the wires and shredding taiga?
Jan 22, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2014
Maloghurst said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

either way how would any of that have made a difference? how is saber charging into caster let alone engaging her stop her from just quickly jerking the wires and shredding taiga?

I know that. The anime doesn't convey that. The strings loosen when Saber attacks Caster, making it look like she can't focus on Taiga when being attacked.
insan3Inquisitor said:

This is 100% true, though.
Jan 22, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2007
I will never understand why people would dislike Fate shirou or who claim he was somehow inferior

He seemed competent and composed enough once he got over the stress that getting killed twice in one night and seeing saber spill her guts on the pavement did.

"The dude", even in panic is perceptive as fuck. So yeah he did notice the threads. Ufo just did a shitty job at showing it.
Jan 22, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
I will never understand why people would dislike Fate shirou or who claim he was somehow inferior

He seemed competent and composed enough once he got over the stress that getting killed twice in one night and seeing saber spill her guts on the pavement did.

His "girls shouldn't fight" rhetoric annoyed me (yes, yes, I know why he says it now, I didn't then) and his character only cleared up in the later half, after which point I liked him well enough.
Jan 22, 2015 12:47 PM

Jul 2007
Insertanamehere said:
CookingPriest said:

His "girls shouldn't fight" rhetoric urged me and his character only cleared up in the later half, after which point I liked him well enough.

Don't understand this either becuase "girls should not fight" was literaly followed in next line with his thoughts explaining that he does NOT think that and its just an excuse. Literally next line the screen goes gray and explains it.

And the first few days drives a dark hopeless and frantic atmosphere that makes it understandable that he would be freaking out at first.
Jan 22, 2015 12:49 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

His "girls shouldn't fight" rhetoric urged me and his character only cleared up in the later half, after which point I liked him well enough.

Don't understand this either becuase "girls should not fight" was literaly followed in next line with his thoughts explaining that he does NOT think that and its just an excuse. Literally next line the screen goes gray and explains it.

He says because Kerry said it and that he doesn't want to see her get hurt. It's still irksome if he keeps repeating it.

Anyway, yes, yes, I know why he says it now, I didn't then.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.