Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Yoru no Yatterman Episode 2 Discussion

Jan 19, 2015 8:50 AM
Weird series so far, gonna keep watching to see if they can entertaining me

Jan 19, 2015 9:04 AM
Krosslink said:
I really liked this show. Especially, the role reversal of villians are the "good guys" and the "good guys" are the villians. The mixture of serious story and comedic settings(the werid robots) makes this show unique.

Some might find is weird but this is still Yatterman hence certain stuff must be kept to show that this is in "Yatterman setting" (like the weird robots and the costumes). These are also the stuffs to attract the original yatterman fans. (those who watched Original Yatterman when they are young should be like 40-50 years old alrdy o.0)

Well I do not know anything about the original Yatterman but this show makes me want to watch the original Yatterman series... LOL

Hope this show continues to be good...its still too early to say from two episodes...

I watched the original as a child and I'm 34 please don't age the old fans beyond their years.

(Please, allow me to explain: While the original series started in the '77 in Japan the first, and most famous, western dub was the '83 Italian dub. Most of the fans discovered the original series halfway during the '80s)

Jan 19, 2015 9:17 AM
#1 Star Wars Fan

So here we are.

I feel really underwhelmed by the series as of now. Man I was expecting more, I'm probably being a bit too harsh on it for only two episodes being out but I hope the show develops some form of a plot sooner or later or else it'll end up being one of those "please let it be over!" anime.

I'm sad because I was really looking forward to this. Till next week!

Jan 19, 2015 10:38 AM

Very good like the first episode, OP&ED are nice too.
I love this art (*-*).
The last scene was beautiful.

Jan 19, 2015 10:54 AM

loved it.

also i guess the girl and the guy from the picture and ending will be the good yatterman-1 and yatterman-2 at the end

Jan 19, 2015 11:38 AM

Totally fabulous!
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music

Jan 19, 2015 1:22 PM

Not as good as the first episode but still enjoyable.

Jan 19, 2015 3:26 PM

nice to think they keep comedy style from original story

Jan 19, 2015 4:10 PM
What?///...angel???

Jan 19, 2015 5:31 PM

I liked it. pretty enjoyable for me so far.

Jan 19, 2015 8:49 PM

ZetaZaku said:
I guess a lot of MAL users are too young to be familiar with Yatterman, which is sad.

I wasn't too fond of the first episode, but this episode won me over. Now I'm all hyped for the next episode.

Well it is a 70's kids show and honestly MAL is barely even familiar with shows that aired as recently as a decade ago. The cutoff seems to be something like 2006 and anything before that may as well never have existed either as a foundation for anything period.

Anyway most of my familiarity with it comes from playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Jan 20, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 21, 2015 5:09 AM

I'm surprisingly loving this series. I'm not familiar with the original Yatterman show (just read a little of the backstory and characters) but I like to see how the ancestors of the defeated villains are just struggling to survive under their oppressive hero overlords. Also like how the show has a much deeper feeling at times and is not pure comedy and over the top.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jan 21, 2015 2:11 PM

I'm still not sure what direction they're trying to take this. The plot developments are broad strokes that don't make a whole lot of sense. First they're "playing villains" in a slice of life style, then they're trying to break through a border adventure/comedy style, then they're suddenly in a sci-fi mecha battle... I mean, c'mon.

By the end we're back to slice of life, but then the ED... the ED is borderline surreal, which makes me question the show even further.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, this show is weird.

Jan 22, 2015 10:05 AM

After a promising start, this episode has no shortage of interesting elements, especially the narrative is engaging in the final part.
Drawings and animations good.
Nice is the OP that the ED.

Jan 22, 2015 11:12 AM

Kaioshin_Sama said:
ZetaZaku said:
I guess a lot of MAL users are too young to be familiar with Yatterman, which is sad.

I wasn't too fond of the first episode, but this episode won me over. Now I'm all hyped for the next episode.

Well it is a 70's kids show and honestly MAL is barely even familiar with shows that aired as recently as a decade ago. The cutoff seems to be something like 2006 and anything before that may as well never have existed either as a foundation for anything period.

Anyway most of my familiarity with it comes from playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

It's a shame since some old series are really good, but at the time the were only avaialble in countries that imported them (such as where I live). However nowadays it should be possible to retrieve them or at least find for a quick view some eng-sub project

The atmosphere of this series is totally different from the original, but I dont think it's a bad thing, since I usually dont like remakes as the original still have their own identity. So far I'm liking this

Jan 23, 2015 10:01 AM

I totally fell in love with this show. Makes me want to watch the original Yatterman, so sad there are no subs.
Stating the obvious, but I'm pretty sure Alouette and Galina are the descendants of the original Yatterman.

Jan 23, 2015 5:58 PM

Not too sure what this is really trying to be, sometime dark, some other time charm and sometime a mixed of both. I hope they have a more clearer direction rather than random one.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."

Jan 24, 2015 3:41 AM
Dark_Kain said:
Krosslink said:
I really liked this show. Especially, the role reversal of villians are the "good guys" and the "good guys" are the villians. The mixture of serious story and comedic settings(the werid robots) makes this show unique.

Some might find is weird but this is still Yatterman hence certain stuff must be kept to show that this is in "Yatterman setting" (like the weird robots and the costumes). These are also the stuffs to attract the original yatterman fans. (those who watched Original Yatterman when they are young should be like 40-50 years old alrdy o.0)

Well I do not know anything about the original Yatterman but this show makes me want to watch the original Yatterman series... LOL

Hope this show continues to be good...its still too early to say from two episodes...

I watched the original as a child and I'm 34 please don't age the old fans beyond their years.

(Please, allow me to explain: While the original series started in the '77 in Japan the first, and most famous, western dub was the '83 Italian dub. Most of the fans discovered the original series halfway during the '80s)

Ahhh I see, sorry about that. I didnt mean to "aged the fans" but I forgot to take into acct that western dubs needed some time during that era. But I think that it is kind of cool.

Jan 24, 2015 4:58 AM

Sphere ED was great!

Jan 24, 2015 4:41 PM

That kind of got awkward at the end there...

So the creepy Yattermen are robots. This would have been one heck of an anime if all the childishness was cut out and replaced with a darker theme. As it is, it's pretty dumb. I think it would be a waste of time to try to find meaning in everything that happened this episode (where there is no meaning).

Jan 25, 2015 10:29 PM

This show is definitely not for me, I still can't stop hating Leopard.
One more show to drop this season :(

Jan 26, 2015 3:17 AM

People find the childishness bad? Really? I find the humour and seriousness complement each other well. I'm getting some serious Gurren Lagann vibes from this.

Jan 31, 2015 3:12 AM
OP & ED are catchy & nice, beautiful visuals too.
Still getting used to the odd tone. Feels like a self-aware heroes/villain show, exactly how they're trying to learn their ancestors from a picture book is funny.
I can watch these strange disney cart, dekoding & crane mech contraptions all day.

Feb 18, 2015 10:09 PM

Hearing them hum the Yatterman theme song is pretty nostalgic. I love Yatterman, but never really liked Doronjo + crew. Doronjo as a KtaEri loli is refreshing, and I love the "villain" perspective they chose here.

Feb 21, 2015 6:18 AM
Lmao when Oda-sama fell out of the tree, 'bey bey'.

So that was his belly button huh...

That last scene was so heartwarming.

Apr 16, 2015 12:58 PM

Cute development with a nice ending! Let's see what's next.

Jan 13, 2016 10:22 PM

Pretty good episode. Those poster references in the tunnel. Blind girl, huh?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Jun 18, 2017 9:15 AM

-4Head
-Somehow their enemies being an army of robots is somewhat disappointing
-That was actually a pretty underwhelming explosion
-H A C K T H E P L A N E T
-why that dude's belly button look like a
-is this girl blind or something
-this ED's pretty swanky, and it seems to be a montage of (what seem to be) the protags of the original yatterman

It's been a while since I've loved both the OP and the ED of a show, so that was pretty nice about this episode. As for the episode itself, I wasn't really feeling the middle part of the episode where it was just the three stooges against an army of robots. It just didn't feel as justice-ey as the first episode hyped it up to be, but I guess that was the point of it. The animation was also kinda lackluster when the goose thing fired that missile at the 4Head flicker. I did enjoy the first third of the episode because of how adventurous it felt, and I liked the last third of the episode because it was setting up an underdog story for the Dorombos. I'm just a huge sucker for underdog stories.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]