Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everything was more or less black & white - you had your good guys & your bad guys, you had your bad guys that were actually good guys all along, & then you had your bad guys that were obviously born evil, sooo interesting. Alisa does circumvent this crap a little by not falling into either category right from the off but of coarse her ultimate decision was between good & evil too, so yeah, quite whack. The action was the only the redeeming aspect of it, but not to the point of making this movie even halfway decent, just not a complete bore.
Feb 6, 2015 5:52 PM

Feb 2013
Decent action (and a lot of it). Plot was "meh".

Too bad the girls were in their landmates most of the time eh?
Mar 5, 2015 2:25 PM

Jun 2010
A decent bit of action-schlock. Most of the characters have a little bit of depth, even if it's only "is a brash loudmouth" like the one with the big hair. There are plenty of works like this one where the characters have no personality at all so just a little to grease the wheels makes a lot of difference I think.

It does reach too far with that hospital bed scene with Hassan. Terribly cheesy. The motivations of the villains is also a little vague and there's not quite enough on the central emotional conflict of Alissa's choice between Jean Luc and the other robot pilots.

I appreciated the small touch of humor added by the short, hairy police chief character and his penchant for food.
Dec 12, 2016 12:38 AM
Apr 2012
Good Shirow mix.

landamates, appleseed, cyberspace, ghost in the shell, kelvelos transport weapon, tachikoma, comedy, police, dominion, Alissa = nerf motoko
Nov 2, 2018 4:53 AM

Jun 2013
Bubblegum Crisis + Ghost in The Shell pinch = Gundress.
Rod_RussNov 2, 2018 10:19 AM
Feb 16, 2019 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
It was alright, felt more like an episode than a movie though.
All the "Charlie's Angels" managed to get away in the end.
Loved the part where Alissa got a small black spot in her eye after losing a bit of herself.

Not bad, not good ... just okay.
6/10
Jun 5, 2022 8:13 AM

Apr 2018
This whole thing looks and feels so "low-budget", even compared by OVA standards. I'm quite shocked to know that this was actually released in theaters back in the day.

I know that if I had paid for a movie ticket to watch this, I would have been appalled enough to walk out and ask for a refund within the first 10 minutes.
Oct 1, 2022 2:22 AM

Jan 2020
PrOxAnto said:
Loved the part where Alissa got a small black spot in her eye after losing a bit of herself.

6/10

When was that alisa black spot in her eye scene
I've seen the movie but can't find it
Oct 1, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
nachomaxo1 said:
PrOxAnto said:

6/10

When was that alisa black spot in her eye scene
I've seen the movie but can't find it

After skimming through it, it's around 1:13:18.
Not so much as a spot as it was a mark (which is what I meant to say)

It's after Jean-Luc gets taken and Alissa wakes up again.
Oct 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Apr 2015
The animation was subpart BUT the plot definitely carried this movie for me.
Didnt think I'd enjoy it this much haha.

More topics from this board

» For Those of You Curious to See the Uncut Version...

Saint-Sheepy - Nov 9, 2020

7 by nachomaxo1 »»
Mar 12, 2023 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.