Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
There are two things that are just ruining this second half

Inko and her fanservice and new found tsundere personality

And the whole non-funny interaction of the why you cant get a date chick

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 17, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
Lemrina >>>>>>> Comatose princess in terms of being more interesting and in terms of a character.

Slaine in terms of motivations/goal is a better character than Inaho; he's definitely a flawed character, and seeing those flaws clash with his genuine want to help better the Vers Empire is very interesting.

Now, if only the show was written better.
Jan 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
Speaking of which where the fuck is Marito

He shows up in the opening but then like... he's just not there.

He and Yuki seem to be on earth doin god knows what
Jan 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2012
D3pthCharge said:
Darklight0303 said:

Technically Tharsis is like Rolo's Geass

Lol what do you see in Rayet... all she does is preach the usual Once my enemy, always my enemy crap...

Except seeing future events like Rolo did actually had consequences... like seriously...
short red hair, cool type girl, more than enough.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 17, 2015 1:04 PM

Dec 2013
Fucking hell, could the martian mechs look any less like shit?
Jan 17, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
ihateuimeanit said:
ninjastarforcex said:

enough for the typical anime fan*
Fixed :)

Actually, fiery red-heads are quite attractive, even in real-life.
Jan 17, 2015 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
ihateuimeanit said:
ninjastarforcex said:

Ahahaha nigga you say that and your favorites are populated by some of the most generic shows in the medium.
Jan 17, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Lemrina >>>>>>> Comatose princess in terms of being more interesting and in terms of a character.

Slaine in terms of motivations/goal is a better character than Inaho; he's definitely a flawed character, and seeing those flaws clash with his genuine want to help better the Vers Empire is very interesting.

You really like Yanderes huh
Jan 17, 2015 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
ihateuimeanit said:
ninjastarforcex said:

doesnt matter
rayet = best
Jan 17, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2014
I will say this though, this new princess is more interesting than the blonde one
Jan 17, 2015 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
fst said:

He is making a small happy family with Yuki-nee.
Jan 17, 2015 1:20 PM

Aug 2014
chickenonthepan said:
fst said:

Marito already served on the moon. He doesnt owe anyone anything anymore.
Jan 17, 2015 1:21 PM

Aug 2014
Gosh, was Inko that annoying in the first half? GET RID OF HER ALREADY!!!!!
Jan 17, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
I find the OP visuals VERY telling:

- Inaho and Princess are facing each other and reaching out to each other. Princess is reaching out back to Inaho.
- Slaine has his back turned to the princess obsessing over the stasis tank. Princess is NOT reaching out and looks visibly either frustrated or angry disturbed.

If anyone had any doubts Princess will shoot Slaine's ass, this pretty much proves that Slaine is down the path of DarthVader/AnakinSkywalker type of villain, most likely with Lemrina playing huge part in that falldown.

Agreed.

But I wish they fleshed out the relationship between Inaho and Seylum in SS1 better.

They had like zero chemistry between them, lol... (uhm, maybe a little, idk, I just don't see that)
Jan 17, 2015 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
Princess Lemrina is such a little bitch, I hate her so much.
Jan 17, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
llcruz said:
i love bitch
lemrina > asylum
Jan 17, 2015 1:27 PM
Sep 2014
skudoops said:
This show is so bad, yet I keep watching because it's so funny. Apparently the martians have an army now, one which was hilariously absent when they were invading earth. Of course everyone misses their shots but lord inaho, dude is the tatsuya of mecha. Oh yeah! and they got into space despite in season one the entire planet being surrounded by orbital fortresses! Will keep watching for the comedy.

They've always had an army. They landed all over the world. It's obvious you didn't pay attention in season 1 but complain about stuff that was already explained. Troll score 0/10. Try again.
Jan 17, 2015 1:28 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
at least it was better than the first ep.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

You really like Yanderes huh

She's not a yandere, she's simply jealous with possibly an inferiority complex. She's an illegitimate child with who's never been given any real attention and never had any thing to aspire to become, because of the circumstances of her birth, which makes sense given the Vers society. Her sister is the one everyone gave any sort of damn about, and even her grandfather can't tell when it's her talking to him (tho, maybe that says more about how stupid he is...). Now, because the other sources of Aldnoah are in decline, they need her, but it's even more insulting because she has to wear the mask of sister in the public, and has to be kept a secret. It's all about her sister. The same sister who didn't seem to give a damn about her people. Well clearly she's had enough of playing second fiddle to someone she doesn't respect, and she wants to give meaning to her life; even if that meaning will always be a shallow reminder that she is second fiddle.

They want her to be her sister, well she's going to become everything her is, and more, and maybe she'll be seen as something/one of real value.

That's my take on her.

Slaine is a guy who was abandoned by his father in a land where he was hated simply for where he was born, and treated as trash. The princess was probably the only reason he wasn't killed for possibly being a spy, or put in jail, and thus it only makes sense that he'd fall for the girl who was the only person who actually gave a damn about him. However, he's also a good person at heart, which is why, despite being treated as a third class citizen for most of his time there, he sympathizes with Saazbaum's ambition and wants to help the people of Mars. Still this episode shows that he still doesn't feel right killing humans, and that he knows that the princess will be displeased with him doing so. The finale to S1 was his two conflicting aspirations, the princess and Saazbaum's plan, clashing.

That's my take on Slaine.

Both Slaine and Lemrine are more interesting, and better, characters due to both their flaws and their goals.

Despite him being flawless, and that annoying me, I'm okay with Inaho. It's the princess's ridiculous character that pisses me off.

Aug 2014
So according to the edning, Inaho used to sit next to the window in the classroom.
Jan 17, 2015 1:29 PM

Apr 2011
You're an idiot
>You are telling the truth

That was hilarious!

Nov 2012
hellogarry said:
You're an idiot
>You are telling the truth

That was hilarious!
awesome rayet

Aug 2014
ABeautifulTable said:

They are trying too much from what I have seen in these first 2 episodes.
Jan 17, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Both Slaine and Lemrine are more interesting, and better, characters due to both their flaws and their goals.

Yep, I agree.
Jan 17, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
It's the princess's ridiculous character that pisses me off.

but she is moe. :((
Jan 17, 2015 1:32 PM
Nov 2013
That was a good episode, much better than the first episode. Inaho x Inko? I ship it.

I had a feeling the new princess was Asseylum's sister. I feel like she will end up being killed off sooner or later...

The mecha battle was awesome, I'm honestly hoping Inaho kicks Slaine's ass but it seems as if Slaine and Inaho are at the same level at the moment.
Jan 17, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
llcruz said:
i love bitch
lemrina > asylum

I agree. I like this new princess much more.
Jan 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
r0ykun said:
That was a good episode, much better than the first episode. Inaho x Inko? I ship it.

I had a feeling the new princess was Asseylum's sister. I feel like she will end up being killed off sooner or later...

The mecha battle was awesome, I'm honestly hoping Inaho kicks Slaine's ass but it seems as if Slaine and Inaho are at the same level at the moment.

Level 10?
Jan 17, 2015 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
Dammmnnn my home boy Slaine got his game on point. Look at him picking up chicks with his mad space game. Meanwhile that cyborg pirate Inaho is striking out left and right. Sorry potato but if you keep up your current style you're not gonna be "itching any ditches" anytime soon if ya know what I mean.
Jan 17, 2015 1:35 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
y123y said:
ABeautifulTable said:

They are trying too much from what I have seen in these first 2 episodes.

Just saying because the first episode most of the time i was telling to myself ''dafuq? really ?''
the second ep wasnt great but a little bit more enjoyable !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 17, 2015 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
chickenonthepan said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
It's the princess's ridiculous character that pisses me off.

but she is moe. :((

No, she's completely stupid and easily the worst character, or at least most frustrating character, on the show.
Jan 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Apr 2008
r0ykun said:

Only because of the Aldnoah power. Something Inaho will dismantle as soon as he gets data on it.
Jan 17, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2014
y123y said:
chickenonthepan said:

Marito already served on the moon. He doesnt owe anyone anything anymore.

He did what now?
Jan 17, 2015 1:37 PM

Jan 2015
y123y said:
ninjastarforcex said:
i love bitch
lemrina > asylum

Agreed. Besides, how is Lemrina a "b*tch" anyways? Given how her life has been, I feel she has a legit beef with her family and the higher ups.
Jan 17, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
y123y said:

Agreed. Besides, how is Lemrina a "b*tch" anyways? Given how her life has been, I feel she has a legit beef with her family and the higher ups.

Except Asseylum did NOTHING to her. She's taking out her frustration on an innocent person. Just like how the asshole martians are taking out their anger on Innocent Earth for the fact that they were idiots who thought Aldnoah would allow them to live on Mars without problems
Jan 17, 2015 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
A fine episode after that horrible starter for this season. I was entertained thorough, and I think that's what is most important in a mecha anime such as AZ. Now that they retconned Inaho, they can at least build a fun rivalry between him and Slaine.
Jan 17, 2015 1:46 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Except Asseylum did NOTHING to her. She's taking out her frustration on an innocent person. Just like how the asshole martians are taking out their anger on Innocent Earth for the fact that they were idiots who thought Aldnoah would allow them to live on Mars without problems

Hey, how come Inaho is the only one who gets the cool entrance scene??!!!!
Jan 17, 2015 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:

Being born as a legitimate Princess is considered a crime now.
Jan 17, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Cool Slaine and Lamerina, we now have a couple to hate on.

Time for Inaho to dumpster slaine.
Jan 17, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
Darklight0303 said:

Being born as a legitimate Princess is considered a crime now.

Apparently. I worry for the future of this race with each comment that suggests that
Jan 17, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2013
Inaho is even more badass than in the first season, but still think it would be very cool with an eyepatch, I like this cold hang of it

Slaine is already taking advantage of the substitute princess, who also seem to have bad intentions, these two deserve each other

I hope the princess Asseylum will not be long for desperar, so things will be even more lively

Great OP too ..
Jan 17, 2015 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
It would really stink if blonde princess doesnt wake up by episode 6 max.
Jan 17, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

What are you talking about? What Lemrina do to Asseylum again? Oh yeah, nothing. It was Asseylum's business that dragged her into this war. Lemrina is now going to "take" Slaine, as well as Asseylum's position, because she's tired of being worthless. Again, she is doing nothing to her sister.

Also, the Martians only hate Earth because they were brainwashed via propaganda by the royal family. They are poor, and their resources are dwindling, and in order to not get the blame for that the royal family steered their justified unhappiness wrongly towards Earth. Saazbaum understands this, and hates the royal family for doing what they did, but also understands that 10-15 years of hate won't be erased by merely calling a truce, so he will use the Martian's already established hate of Earth to his advantage to take it over and help his people.
Jan 17, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
the action scenes sure are painful to watch though.
Jan 17, 2015 1:58 PM

Apr 2008
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

What are you talking about? What Lemrina do to Asseylum again? Oh yeah, nothing. It was Asseylum's business that dragged her into this war. Lemrina is now going to "take" Slaine, as well as Asseylum's position, because she's tired of being worthless. Again, she is doing nothing to her sister.

Also, the Martians only hate Earth because they were brainwashed via propaganda by the royal family. They are poor, and their resources are dwindling, and in order to not get the blame for that the royal family steered their justified unhappiness wrongly towards Earth. Saazbaum understands this, and hates the royal family for doing what they did, but also understands that 10-15 years of hate won't be erased by merely calling a truce, so he will use the Martian's already established hate of Earth to his advantage to take it over and help his people.

None of that is a valid justification. It's all selfishness and utter MADNESS.
Jan 17, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Darklight0303 said:

Doesn't matter, her intentions aren't pure, so she's not innocent anymore. "I'll assume what you have as my own" is what she says to Asseylum's body

Mar 2011
drama_menck said:

I hope the princess Asseylum will not be long for desperar, so things will be even more lively

Judging from the OP she will probably remain in coma for most of the second season. And it makes sense since this way its easier to build the rivalry between Inaho and Slaine.

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

None of that is a valid justification. It's all selfishness and utter MADNESS.
trying too hard, nothing is valid in your eyes
Jan 17, 2015 2:01 PM

Aug 2014
So is the blonde dude from the first half whom Saazbun took out with his mech alive?
Jan 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2015
ErenxMikasa said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Doesn't matter, her intentions aren't pure, so she's not innocent anymore. "I'll assume what you have as my own" is what she says to Asseylum's body

She's not pure? You say it like it's a bad thing. Flawed characters are almost always the better characters.

Also, they've already forced her to take her sister's role, so Lemrina might as well become Asseylum.
Pages (18) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.