Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
skudoops said:
Of course everyone misses their shots but lord inaho, dude is the tatsuya of mecha.

ahhahahah FINALY I found someone.

And the mecha god has a special eye now that makes him more god than he already was.
Jan 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Oct 2008
Inaho is starting to give lord and savior Tatsuya a run for his money....
Jan 17, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
This show is so bad, yet I keep watching because it's so funny. Apparently the martians have an army now, one which was hilariously absent when they were invading earth
You mean the mechas which needed to be activated in person by aldnoah when the king is half-dead and the princess wasn't there?

skudoops said:
and they got into space despite in season one the entire planet being surrounded by orbital fortresses!
When most of them already descended on earth?
Jan 17, 2015 12:09 PM
Oct 2010
Okashi_sama said:
skudoops said:
This show is so bad, yet I keep watching because it's so funny. Apparently the martians have an army now, one which was hilariously absent when they were invading earth
You mean the mechas which needed to be activated in person by aldnoah when the king is half-dead and the princess wasn't there?

Except there's another princess and on top of that all the other mechs are activated prior to the princess going down. Are you seriously telling me they left the others off for "reasons"?

When most of already descended on earth?

Less than half went down. If I remember correctly it was something like 17 out of 39 or some shit like that.
Jan 17, 2015 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
julyachan said:
skudoops said:
Of course everyone misses their shots but lord inaho, dude is the tatsuya of mecha.

ahhahahah FINALY I found someone.

And the mecha god has a special eye now that makes him more god than he already was.

Nah. I've been making this comparision since the start of this season. I guess, Inaho will be able to compete for the dominance over the Universe by the end of the show.
Jan 17, 2015 12:10 PM
Jun 2014
Ep seeme kinda slow at first, but I enjoyed the fighting at the end.
That kiss scene though, I saw that coming.
Slaine and Inaho meet again. Bat/Gull vs Orange.
First season surprised me when they didn't end up as partners.
They made a cool team.
Still excited though.
I wonder how things will turn out.
Jan 17, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
Darklight0303 said:
FloatsBoats said:

Sounds like a massive plot convenience.

Not really. We know royalty can disable cores. Lemrina used that as an excuse to steal Slaine from Asseylum in yet another way since now Slaine has HER Aldnoah right instead of Asseylums. Lemrina is perfect for Slaine since their insanity matches.

Oh... I was kinda confused, because I thought via "kiss" they can get powers to active Aldnoah...
So I wonder why Inaho get the power, when Slaine who was also "kissed" by princess, couldn't make it.
Now I get it xD
Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
Okashi_sama said:

Except there's another princess and on top of that all the other mechs are activated prior to the princess going down. Are you seriously telling me they left the others off for "reasons"?.
Those were the knights' mechas which they have the power to activate, and the other princess was called because Slaine and the count dragged her out into this. but first of all the war happened fast as you can see from ep 1, theu quickly descended for revenge.

skudoops said:
Less than half went down. If I remember correctly it was something like 17 out of 39 or some shit like that.

It's not like the earth was just sitting and waiting for Inaho-jesus-onii-sama to do shit.
Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
ihateuimeanit said:
ninjastarforcex said:

such irony, im quite surprised that you didnt realize that you are the biggest cancer in this aldnoah subforum lol

He write 4 posts on EVERY PAGE of EVERY THREAD.
Thank you, I thought I was the only one that noticed that.

Er... I usually avoid going personal, but that's the reason I avoid this subforum.
deadoptimistJan 17, 2015 12:17 PM
Jan 17, 2015 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
D3pthCharge said:
Knight-Artorias said:
So what's the deal with the Tharsis can it only see the bullets trajectory or like flat out see the future?

The power of Aldnoah does wonders... I guess... or simply a trite way to balance Inaho's cyborg eye....

I'm looking forward to how they manage to hit it then let alone take it down.
Jan 17, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2008
ihateuimeanit said:
Raziel1991 said:

So? That does not justify stuff like the destruction of New Orleans in episode 1.

War is war, you do what your officers tell you to do.
And what makes the propaganda to the younger generation better? Spreading false lie at that to the young Terrans.

War is wrong but within, both side committed sin.

Both sides? EARTH WAS FRAMED BY SAZBAUM. They did nothing wrong. Martians are to blame for everything. Martians discover Aldnoah and think they are gods and separate themselves from Earth. Then they realize oh crap our magic Aldnoah can't terraform Mars. Best hate Earth and go and steal it from them. Seriously use your brain.

Knight-Artorias said:
D3pthCharge said:

The power of Aldnoah does wonders... I guess... or simply a trite way to balance Inaho's cyborg eye....

I'm looking forward to how they manage to hit it then let alone take it down.

Just let Inaho gather some data on it. He'll find a way.
Jan 17, 2015 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Okashi_sama said:
skudoops said:

It's not like the earth was just sitting and waiting for Inaho-jesus-onii-sama to do shit.

But they were shown to be extremely powerful, able to control big chunks of space. Plus they have the moon base and they are well versed in space warfare.
Actually it's strange that the terrans say that martians don't have experience too. Didn't they fight in the rubble of the moon between themselves for resources?
Jan 17, 2015 12:19 PM

Mar 2013
deadoptimist said:
Okashi_sama said:

But they were shown to be extremely powerful, able to control big chunks of space. Plus they have the moon base and they are well versed in space warfare.
Actually it's strange that the terrans say that martians don't have experience too. Didn't they fight in the rubble of the moon between themselves for resources?

What they meant when they said they don't have experience is that neither of them have fought a battle against each other on such a large scale before.
Jan 17, 2015 12:19 PM
Oct 2010
Okashi_sama said:

Those were the knights' mechas which they have the power to activate, and the other princess was called because Slaine and the count dragged her out into this. but first of all the war happened fast as you can see from ep 1, theu quickly descended for revenge.

There's no reason to leave them off, especially when they (the royalty) can deactivate them at any time. Let's just say for some reason they are off, why did they never turn them on? They were fighting for a fairly "long" time in season 1 and had the emperor as well as the other princess to activate them. I kept asking the question in the season one forum whether they had an army or not, but somehow they conveniently did not then, but do now.

I don't see what that has to do with anything. There shouldn't have been anyway they could setup a foothold in space with 22 orbital fortress still floating around.
Jan 17, 2015 12:20 PM

Oct 2014
deadoptimist said:
Okashi_sama said:

According to Marito all the soldiers that fought in the first war died except him and Saaz that's what they mean by no experience I think, and I doubt they fought between themselves their *war* was waiting for a chance to invade earth I believe.

Nov 2012
oh cool
rayet is best girl, she is not a bitch that just instant attracted and get horny to inaho
and tharsis can see future in some milisecond? lol suzaku geass power
i think this new princess will become yandere to slaine for some reason
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Jul 2014
deadoptimist said:
Okashi_sama said:

It' true that the martians are powerful, but that doesn't mean they could also easily win as Inaho shown in the first season. the earth (not inaho) might have been able to take down a good amount of martians themselves.

I think it was a lie to motivate the troops. Edit: never mind fst gave a better explanation.
OkashiJan 17, 2015 12:24 PM
Jan 17, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2008
ninjastarforcex said:
oh cool
rayet is best girl, she is not a bitch that just instant attracted and get horny to inaho

Technically Tharsis is like Rolo's Geass

Mar 2013
For some reason S2 is boring me out. Safe to said this anime is a little over hype? maybe because S1 was good that the expectation for S2 need to be higher.

Mar 2013
Vanisher said:
Yeah of course Inaho is the only one who could land a hit, who could've guessed!?

This is so bad.

He is Jesus, with a robotic eye.
Jan 17, 2015 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:
oh cool

ah no, its not suzaku or rolo. its the 1st rank round knight that get rekt by suzaku, who is his name i forgot he is too unimportant
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 17, 2015 12:23 PM

Oct 2014
Quite a good episode. New OP and ED are okay, and also liking the OST played during the fight...That's all I have to say

Jan 17, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Knight-Artorias said:
According to Marito all the soldiers that fought in the first war died except him and Saaz that's what they mean by no experience I think, and I doubt they fought between themselves their *war* was waiting for a chance to invade earth I believe.

Hm, strange, I don't remember that, but ok.
I think that something about the knights fighting between themselves after the moon incident was written in the promo materials.
Anyway, I think that martians should be better prepared to fight in space, since they live there and the terrans couldn't venture there during the blockade times.

Edit: and I agree that they should finally change the battle music. I am steadily becoming sick of it.
Jan 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
O rats, Inaho was hoping Rayet to be lying.

Always looking forward to more Inaho and Slaine interactions.

Oct 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:
oh cool

Lol what do you see in Rayet... all she does is preach the usual Once my enemy, always my enemy crap...

Except seeing future events like Rolo did actually had consequences... like seriously...

Dec 2013
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
ninjastarforcex said:
inaho = kissed a girl while the girl is unconscious to give her CPR, savior
slaine = girl horny for him and kissed him [b]while pretending to be Asseylum's Knight[b]....

inaho >>>>>>> slaine

Fix'ed

This and other than that we get some decent space battle. Slaine pulling off some Matrix shit in space lmao
iPinoyJan 17, 2015 4:59 PM
mods are cucks
Jan 17, 2015 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
ihateuimeanit said:
Vanisher said:
Yeah of course Inaho is the only one who could land a hit, who could've guessed!?

This is so bad.

They have to cater the Inaho Hardcore Fans afterall and the generic anime weabos.

That's how they make fanboys ejaculate. Inaho = true savior. Believe it.
Jan 17, 2015 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
skudoops said:
There's no reason to leave them off, especially when they (the royalty) can deactivate them at any time. Let's just say for some reason they are off, why did they never turn them on? They were fighting for a fairly "long" time in season 1 and had the emperor as well as the other princess to activate them. I kept asking the question in the season one forum whether they had an army or not, but somehow they conveniently did not then, but do now.
Because they thought that the knights are more then enough. they were arrogant, it was pretty obvious in season 1.

skudoops said:
I don't see what that has to do with anything. There shouldn't have been anyway they could setup a foothold in space with 22 orbital fortress still floating around.

It's been a long time since the end of season 1. the earth might have been able to take down a couple of them and would have been able to get a foothold in space. but since the what happened in the time is yet be fully explained that would the only answer.
Jan 17, 2015 12:30 PM

Jul 2014
Okashi_sama said:
It' true that the martians are powerful, but that doesn't mean they could also easily win as Inaho shown in the first season. the earth (not inaho) might have been able to take down a good amount of martians themselves.

I think it was a lie to motivate the troops. Edit: never mind fst gave a better explanation.

Still it is a bit disappointing that they didn't touch upon this subject. It's not that they had some such of balance, martians dominated in space during the first season. In the first ep. they destroyed all terrans' sattelites and, I think it's safe to say so, most of their bases. And now Earth has a major base in the belt. It looks almost like a retcon.
Jan 17, 2015 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
deadoptimist said:
Knight-Artorias said:

I think that something about the knights fighting between themselves after the moon incident was written in the promo materials.
Anyway, I think that martians should be better prepared to fight in space, since they live there and the terrans couldn't venture there during the blockade times.

Edit: and I agree that they should finally change the battle music. I am steadily becoming sick of it.

First episode mentions they've been fighting a war up in the debris field for the last 15 years.

And yes there weren't many witnesses who survived Tanegashima on either side because that was when the moon portal exploded and rained armageddon.

If you're sick of the music blame Ei Aoki, the man who used the same song in almost every single fight in F/Z.
Jan 17, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
Okashi_sama said:

Still it is a bit disappointing that they didn't touch upon this subject. It's not that they had some such of balance, martians dominated in space during the first season. In the first ep. they destroyed all terrans' sattelites and, I think it's safe to say so, most of its bases. And now Earth has a major base in the belt. It looks almost like a retcon.

It's been 19 months and as we saw in the first episode of this season Inko had the freezing mech's specs in a database. So Earth definitely has made some progress in that span of time between seasons.
Jan 17, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
Who didn't see that Lemrina x Slaine kiss coming?

Darth Slaine is happening.
Jan 17, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
AlexTheRiot said:

He's Inaho's father? :p
Jan 17, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
Okashi_sama said:
AlexTheRiot said:

He's Inaho's father? :p

That would be some reservoir chronicles level of mind fuck. Do not want
Jan 17, 2015 12:39 PM
Aug 2011
They are changing Inko into Orihime, special breaks from fighting, so she can say "INAHO!".

Jul 2014
fst said:
First episode mentions they've been fighting a war up in the debris field for the last 15 years.

And yes there weren't many witnesses who survived Tanegashima on either side because that was when the moon portal exploded and rained armageddon.

So shouldn't they be, I dunno, hardened veterans in such a case?..

Yep, I remember that they mentioned that incident multiple times. But Saazbaum escaped and, I think, a number of knights should've survived as well.

fst said:
If you're sick of the music blame Ei Aoki, the man who used the same song in almost every single fight in F/Z.

I do not watch it... But he does so at least during one season, and here they have already released the ost, but continue to use the same bits of music. And the composition didn't fit too well with the mood of the show from the start, to be honest.

Darklight0303 said:
It's been 19 months and as we saw in the first episode of this season Inko had the freezing mech's specs in a database. So Earth definitely has made some progress in that span of time between seasons.

Yeah, i wonder about the source of the database too. Shouldn't this data be classified even between martians?
Still it's stange to imagine how they manage to construct a base in space, when it is controlled by 22 castles. For such a feat it's too short a time.
The Komori

Mar 2013
Feaor said:
Tokoya said:
I don't like this new girl at all, I hope she does lol
You hope she does what? Takes everything from Asseylum-hime?
Oops that meant to say *dies* my bad lol, will edit ASAP
Jan 17, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
deadoptimist said:
Yeah, i wonder about the source of the database too. Shouldn't this data be classified even between martians?
Still it's stange to imagine how they manage to construct a base in space, when it is controlled by 22 castles. For such a feat it's too short a time.
My guess is field data, if they've run into the mechs before they should have data from any survivors that they could use to create a database.
Jan 17, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
Feaor said:
deadoptimist said:
My guess is field data, if they've run into the mechs before they should have data from any survivors that they could use to create a database.

Nah, can't be. It must be stolen, since they have some schematics and the logs on ownership.
Jan 17, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
deadoptimist said:

I rewatched the first episode and Marito says "A war to live to fight another day"

I really doubt they would fight each other.
Jan 17, 2015 12:47 PM

Aug 2014
I really liked this episode, it was quite enjoyable. Opening is pretty good, though the first one was a bit better.

I have to say, both Inaho and Slaine have grown as characters. Inaho's new dry sense of humor actually made me laugh and Slaine thinks about something other than Asseylum. I really didn't expect them to clash on the second episode, but at least that's out of the way. Seems like it's confirmed Inaho got the Aldnoah drive power through the CPR he performed for the princess.

That emperor is a freaking idiot, and i still can't believe how humans who simply migrated to Mars think themselves better than the ones who live on Earth. I really hope this Vers thing gets destroyed/banned in the end, or at least the Aldnoah.

Inko annoys me, and i surprisingly don't hate Lemrina. Being neglected all life and suddenly everyone being nice and needing you because of some artificial power must suck.

4.5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 17, 2015 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Good ED
Jan 17, 2015 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Inaho's eye prowess is so fucking fucked up. And to think he invented such thing. I'm done
Jan 17, 2015 12:53 PM

Jul 2014
The first half of the thread about glorifying Hitler. Damn, this subforum can give cancer. Even I am shaken, though I survuved the discussion of the first season...
Jan 17, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, the confrontation between Slaine and Inaho felt intense. I am glad to have them both alive to continue their rivalry and the field seems much more evened now, Slaine with Tharsis and pseudo-Suzaku Geass and Inaho with orange Kataphract and Mystic Eye of Information.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jan 17, 2015 12:56 PM

Apr 2008
deadoptimist said:
The first half of the thread about glorifying Hitler. Damn, this subforum can give cancer. Even I am shaken, though I survuved the discussion of the first season...

Just do what I did and report them all
Jan 17, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
Speaking of which where the fuck is Marito

He shows up in the opening but then like... he's just not there.
Jan 17, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2007
I find the OP visuals VERY telling:

- Inaho and Princess are facing each other and reaching out to each other. Princess is reaching out back to Inaho.
- Slaine has his back turned to the princess obsessing over the stasis tank. Princess is NOT reaching out and looks visibly either frustrated or angry disturbed.

If anyone had any doubts Princess will shoot Slaine's ass, this pretty much proves that Slaine is down the path of DarthVader/AnakinSkywalker type of villain, most likely with Lemrina playing huge part in that falldown.
Jan 17, 2015 1:00 PM

May 2012
That was an Intense 1on1, nice OST again.. good ep..

Jan 17, 2015 1:02 PM

Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
I find the OP visuals VERY telling:

- Inaho and Princess are facing each other and reaching out to each other. Princess is reaching out back to Inaho.
- Slaine has his back turned to the princess obsessing over the stasis tank. Princess is NOT reaching out and looks visibly either frustrated or angry disturbed.

If anyone had any doubts Princess will shoot Slaine's ass, this pretty much proves that Slaine is down the path of DarthVader/AnakinSkywalker type of villain, most likely with Lemrina playing huge part in that falldown.

for all the attention to detail, you have to wonder how they fucked up the bulk of the writing so hard.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.