Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion

Oct 18, 2016 4:43 PM
I read about people saying that she still deserved it because she cheated. By your reasoning, no human could ever be saved. There is literally nobody who hasn't done something bad in their lives. It was stated in this episode: everybody makes mistakes, but judgement should be made upon their feelings. In the end, what still baffles me is how the guy was saved. The girl could tell he wasn't to be saved because she read his feelings well, but even for someone like Decim who only takes things at face value, seeing this guy, who actively killed his pregnant wife and only showed negative emotions and actions during the game, should have been enough to make the correct decision at least with him. Then we would have discussed if it was really enough to get him punished etc etc, but it never happened. Oh well.

Nov 18, 2016 3:08 PM

Still can't comprehend the system and the story, wat..

Nov 20, 2016 4:18 PM

Really enjoyed the behind the stage look! So the ambiguity is back, I'm glad. It's actually more satisfying this way, that the arbiters are not perfect, and outside of the memories they receive from the departed's lives, they can't read their minds. It's really not an easy job.

I like Nona and Black Haired Woman, Nona has good chemistry with Decim and the latter thinks outside the box, plus she's an "audience surrogate", and I've always liked characters like that when they're not complete idiots.

Nov 21, 2016 9:37 AM

Was a bit boring but got to know the story a bit better..

Nov 23, 2016 3:14 AM

Mmm, I enjoyed this episode more than I was expecting to. I find it intensely satisfying that the arbiters aren't all knowing and are, as Decim proved, fallible. I do have to wonder how someone as... what's the word... unintuitive as him got that job of arbiter in the first place. Makes you think he might be better off working the elevator. But perhaps there's more to him than meets the eye.
90s J-rock is the peak of human culture.

Dec 13, 2016 3:02 PM

Dunno what to believe lol.
Did she had one affair but the baby was his, or maybe she didn't have any affair, the question will remain unanswered.

Jan 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Farabeuf said:
Radiant-Howl said:
I think it was interesting that they decided to have some of Takashi's suspicions to be proven correct and that Machiko wasn't completely guilty or innocent. It forces the viewer to come up with their own answers about what is right and wrong, despite the answer they suggest (that the wife should have been the one sent for reincarnation), and ultimately makes the show more engaging. .

I very much agree with your views here. It really isn't black and white at all. I do hope the future "players" have this less than clear cut dynamic that might challenge us as viewers. I also expect that we'll get a lot more behind the scenes action. Decim's subtle reaction to being wrong in his judgment might be a sign of future conflict.

True. I think that the message here is that people can't easily be judged as "good" or "evil", therefore the whole afterlife system seems to be faulty at its core.
While seemingly human, Decim and Nona clearly aren't, as they seem very far from understanding human emotions.
A lot of interesting concepts going on. I like the show, it's pretty thought-provoking.

Mar 7, 2017 1:53 AM

hmmm....I imagine this episode was meant to show that the system is flawed, that this is far from a perfect tribunal, I definitely do not think either really deserved Hell/Void. And to be honest, this kind of judgements is very scary.

Plus, it is mentioned that the arbiters can't make a decision just by seeing the memories, yet the way people might act in this instance can be even more unreliable, as seen in this episode, where Machiko clearly felt regret but decided to say something completely different to her husband.

Apr 10, 2017 1:05 PM
Decim did nothing wrong! That bitch deserved to burn!

May 15, 2017 9:54 AM

So she cheated on him, and she lied about the baby not being his because she didn't want him to suffer thinking he killed his baby. She probably cheated on him because he was not able to trust anyone, maybe to spite him. I don't feel like she deserves an awful fate, if the void is bad like they seemed to suggest.

May 18, 2017 7:53 PM

So confirmed that she cheated. Both fucked up, even though the guy's behavior was justified it was still pretty shit since it was based on a suspicion.

Jun 11, 2017 9:12 PM
I see. So Machiko did cheat on him after all, though it was clear she regretted that. I think they should have made the design of the guy she had an affair with further different from Takashi's. I really didn't notice him in the previous episode.

Anyways, it is quite a shame that Machiko's soul was basically destroyed because Decim is bad at reading emotions. Nona was right, everyone commits mistakes, but he doomed her soul with that mistake.

Unlike some on this board, I can't agree that Machiko having an affair is worse than Takashi's jealously causing the death of three people. Going by Nona's words, Takashi could likely fuck things up even if the "misunderstanding" hadn't happened. IMO Machiko should have been the one to reincarnate.

Oh well. That is a bit of a disappointing conclusion for the first arc :( Will keep watching, though.

Jun 14, 2017 8:25 AM
Nice behind the stage

Aug 8, 2017 11:02 AM

Wow that was genuinely a good twist, enjoyed it.

Oct 21, 2017 3:20 AM
ReilaNimu said:
I see. So Machiko did cheat on him after all, though it was clear she regretted that. I think they should have made the design of the guy she had an affair with further different from Takashi's. I really didn't notice him in the previous episode.

Anyways, it is quite a shame that Machiko's soul was basically destroyed because Decim is bad at reading emotions. Nona was right, everyone commits mistakes, but he doomed her soul with that mistake.

Unlike some on this board, I can't agree that Machiko having an affair is worse than Takashi's jealously causing the death of three people. Going by Nona's words, Takashi could likely fuck things up even if the "misunderstanding" hadn't happened. IMO Machiko should have been the one to reincarnate.

Oh well. That is a bit of a disappointing conclusion for the first arc :( Will keep watching, though.

This is kind of an old post, but I basically agree with the entirety of your opinion. Seems like we're the minority here haha.

Nov 10, 2017 12:59 AM
君を笑いに来た

I really like the twists Madhouse has done so far, they're easy to understand but you also question what's really the truth and what isn't. I thought Nona had bad morals for a second there, but I see where she's coming from. The man wasn't able to trust others so she decided to give him a second chance, though Decim doesn't understand that. At least — that's what I believe.

Great episode, I think Death Parade will be a favourite of mine.

Nov 21, 2017 9:15 AM

This show is definitely interesting to say the least but now I'm wondering the format of the next episode. Will it be half game and half of the arbiters watching, or will it be like the first two episodes with the game being one episode, and the ones watching from behind the scenes being another.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Jan 19, 2018 4:49 PM
ok so it did go the way I thought. She was lying to give him one last gift even though I agree with nona that I feel this marriage would've ended up bad ether way. Im guessing the new girl is to give some dam humanity to decium since it seems hes a all face value guy and doesn't get human emotion like love. Great episode and im happy they laid out the purpose of everything right away so we wont keep being confused and can just focus on the interactions of the characters. Though I hope we find out how arbiters are chosen and such. Would be nice to get a happy episode.
Modified by souledge94, Jan 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Jan 19, 2018 4:54 PM
suicidekillme said:

I agree with you on the whole affair thing since yea its fucked up she did it but she did it once and like 5 seconds after she felt horrible, but im guessing going by takashi personality before the affair happened he was probably putting her through hell. Even after all that she still loved him enough that she threw her soul away to save his its to bad decium just reads stuff at face value and thats why ms dark hair is here to teach him stuff.

Mar 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Good episode explaining what happened the last episode, with some backgrounds and how the bar works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 7, 2018 12:55 PM

I liked how they went with a recap to further explain the behind the scenes of how it all works. Emotional episode

May 15, 2018 10:29 PM

Well then, let's get right into the shit, shall we?

Shitty sequence that doesn't fit at all.

CREEPY.

I don't trust the elevator guy.

Anyhow, we revisit last week episode. No matter what you say, Machiko was a BITCH and a THOT. She cheated on the guy(when she was married no less) and deserves to be sent to the void/darkness. The guy on the other hand was a good guy. Don't care if the bitch regretted it afterwards, doesn't make her any less redeeming(You are supposed to regret cheating after all). The arbiter is not as cool as he was in last episode. To think that he regrets his decisions means that he is not fit to be a death god.

Throni said:
Decim did nothing wrong! That bitch deserved to burn!

My point exactly.

I hate this NTR type show. What's the purpose? We are no closer to figuring out this whole mess to begin with.

Anyways, resurrection or the void, what is the difference? How will you judge the people who didn't die in groups? How will you judge whether a person who died alone has to be sent to resurrect or void? What about a baby? Or Light Yagami's victims?

The facial expressions of the couple are straight out copied from Studio DEEN. Shame on you Madhouse, only DEEN is allowed to pull that off.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 9, 2018 1:02 PM

This episode was interesting because explain more about the story.

Oct 26, 2018 2:43 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

At the very least, it's nice to know that Death Parade's afterlife is stocked with alcohol.

Nov 3, 2018 3:47 PM
I just started watching this anime, so I might be late for disscusion, but..

If Nona and Decim can see players' memories and Machiko did cheat, Decim shouldve known how often Machiko was cheating and whos child she had carried, because he had insight on all of her memories.

Therefor, if he Decim could see Machiko's memories, he would've known that she was lying about cheating Takashi regularly and carrying other's man chilld in order to save him.

It seems illogical to me that Decim can see memories, but yet he didn't know what she acctually did, based on the fact that he didnt know if Machiko lied , even though he knew her memories.

Dec 21, 2018 4:13 AM

Regretting that you become a cheating bitch doesnt make it fine and justify cheating. Judgement was right on this one. The thot to the void.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Apr 9, 3:37 PM

Takeshi lost control of the car and inadvertently killed himself, his wife, and his unborn child. Takeshi also throws the dart to pain his wife's womb with the baby after she tells him not to because he thought it wasn't his. So he's cool with killing an unborn child if it isn't his. At the time, both people thought they were alive so the intent to kill was there.

Machiko was wrong for cheating on him and betrayed trust. She probably had some hand in Takeshi losing control of the car. She also expressed remorse and tried to ease Takeshi's pain for what he thought he did which was kill the unborn baby.

So they both were in the wrong. I'd say Takeshi was more in the wrong because he was cool with killing the unborn child because it wasn't his and he caused their deaths which I think is worse than cheating.

On another note, how were these arbiters picked? Is there punishment for screwing up a decision? Why can't all the arbiters greet the deceased so that the decision can be decided through discussion between all of them?

I like how this is a setup for Decim's possible character arc.

He got all memories but didn't get any memories of regret? That's weird. He doesn't need to empathize emotionally with the players if he has all their memories.

Modified by HungryForQuality, Apr 9, 3:42 PM

Jul 6, 9:24 PM

I thought it was weird but this episode kind of confirmed my suspicions. At least he knew he misjudged.

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]