Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion

Jan 16, 2015 3:20 PM

Kurokolist said:
DerMond said:

He was paranoid, as he couldn't trust anyone.
Agreed that both things shouldn't be enough to send someone to the Void. But again, if the Void is the disappearance of the soul, you can consider it better than reincarnation depending on your beliefs.

I for one, and pretty much all the major religions would say cheating is grounds for blasting the soul to hell lol. It is not some light offense. It's complete and utter betrayal towards the person who should be closest to you. There is never a justification for it. She got what she deserved and she didn't really love him if she was willing to cheat regardless of the regret.

Takashi was justified but he was still a pitiable person because of his inability to trust.

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

If you are in a relationship with someone, you are supposed to be there for them, to support them.
From what I've gathered Takashi thought that "lol we're together :)" so he can stop paying attention to his wife and her needs and brush off her feelings. Are you saying a woman who is mistreated like that -that the partner thinks he "owns" her so he doesn't have to try anymore- deserves to go to hell? She should've told him, but also he should've be there for her. Men like to think women can't be sad and need of support, but somehow always want it from a woman smh
Both were at fault.

Relationship shouldn't be a cage, despite how straight people like to make it ffs

Jan 16, 2015 3:22 PM

bummer ep.. dont really care who's going to hell or not, if possible I dont want any of them reincarnate.. lets see if the next costumer can stop me from dropping this..

Jan 16, 2015 3:24 PM

Very disappointed with this episode.

To start with the idea that Decim could make a mistake to this degree is disappointing. He looks like an experienced person and so he should have countered this new girls points quickly and easily. I thought to be an arbiter you needed to have experience and good judgement?

Disappointed that this girl didn't ask more questions so that the viewers had a better grasp of the Death Parade world.

Another part I was bummed out at was how there is no explanation on how this world works or why it came to be. It just is and apparently things are the way they are because of plot. You would think by episode 2 of this 13 episode series, some ground work of this world would be set in place. Nope.

The white haired bitch has the same title as Decim as an arbiter, yet she totally punked him off. Disappointed with Decim.

Overall a crappy episode and I wasn't high on the fact of this new girl or this recap episode.

6/10.
Modified by Eylandos, Jan 16, 2015 3:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 16, 2015 3:25 PM

The first half of the episode was almost insulting in how everything it explained could have been easily deduced from the previous episode.
The second half was good, since it added some depth to the main characters and it featured an unexpected twist or two. I really liked the final comment by Nona.

I'm not completely sold on this one yet, but it will be great if it can deliver on those 3 points:
1) They have to build on the foundations they laid for Decim and Onna's character.
2) They have to keep up the quality of the games, even in the animation department (this episode wasn't impressive on that front).
3) They have to use the side characters well and add a bit of comic relief here and there (like the scene where Nona grabbed Decim), in order to give the right atmosphere and character to the bar.

Jan 16, 2015 3:30 PM

Wow that was an awesome ep. Like everyone said, good way to show behind the scenes and answer some question we had from the last episode.
This show is really good so far.

Xway101 ~By me~

Jan 16, 2015 3:31 PM
that is the best opening i've ever seen,unbelievable..everytime i see decim and onna dancing i'm getting goosebumps! :D

Jan 16, 2015 3:31 PM
fanshii said:
Kurokolist said:

I for one, and pretty much all the major religions would say cheating is grounds for blasting the soul to hell lol. It is not some light offense. It's complete and utter betrayal towards the person who should be closest to you. There is never a justification for it. She got what she deserved and she didn't really love him if she was willing to cheat regardless of the regret.

Takashi was justified but he was still a pitiable person because of his inability to trust.

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

If you are in a relationship with someone, you are supposed to be there for them, to support them.
From what I've gathered Takashi thought that "lol we're together :)" so he can stop paying attention to his wife and her needs and brush off her feelings. Are you saying a woman who is mistreated like that -that the partner thinks he "owns" her so he doesn't have to try anymore- deserves to go to hell? She should've told him, but also he should've be there for her. Men like to think women can't be sad and need of support, but somehow always want it from a woman smh
Both were at fault.

Relationship shouldn't be a cage, despite how straight people like to make it ffs

I'm stating facts here, there is no excuse for cheating. Ever. Cheating isn't exactly going to help your relationship afterall. They weren't even married long, she should have taken action to help their relationship if anything.

You are also making assumptions about their relationship that we have no idea about. We were never shown him particularly mistreating her or any of the other nonsense. He had trust issues that a normal couple would have worked on. They apparently never even discussed it at length. She cheated regardless and got her just deserts.

It's tragic because yes, he also has issues, but lets not just try and write her off as a saint here or a good person. By my standards, she was unforgivable.

Jan 16, 2015 3:34 PM

Kurokolist said:

Well, that's up to you. But you know, we kind of have laws today, and they don't send you in prison, much less to hell, for cheating. In fact, if you aren't married and don't have kids, nothing happens from a legal point of view. Because that's private business.

And I thought religions were about forgiveness too.
"Even now, I travel on my journey,
Believing in the world,
Aiming for something far away – an endless journey.
Having a dream like someone else’s,
Or being in someone else’s dream –
Which would you prefer?"

Jan 16, 2015 3:35 PM

That loli was kinda a sick bitch. Regardless, that place is fucked up.

I sure as shit wouldn't want to end up there.

Jan 16, 2015 3:35 PM

Landos said:

To start with the idea that Decim could make mistakes is absolutely ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is the fact that this new girl showed him up and he had no idea what she was talking about. I thought to be an arbiter you needed to have experience and good judgement?

Disappointed that this girl didn't ask more questions so that the viewers had a better grasp of the Death Parade world.

Another part I was disappointed with is that there is no explanation on how this world works or why it came to be. It just is and apparently things are they are because of plot.

The white haired bitch has the same title as Decim as an arbiter, yet she totally punked him off. Disappointed with Decim.

Overall a crappy episode and I wasn't high on the fact of this new girl or this recap episode.

6/10.

1) Decim, and other arbiters, being fallible adds far more risk into this series. The fact that mistakes like that can be made is horrifying. It makes the events that occur during the game more interesting, and suspenseful. Also, watching Decim grow as person will also become an interesting sub-plot. Having someone that doesn't understand human, but, is also not omniscient, is really twisting the "the world is cruel/life is not fair" knife.

2) So you want every single question answered in ep 2?

3) Nona is clearly of a higher position/rank/status than he is; duh.

Jan 16, 2015 3:40 PM

Now the question: who (and why) made Decim an arbiter ? I mean, it's pretty obvious that one who has to judge has to understand why people choose a path, a fact that requires to understand emotions. Being judged by a machine isn't exactly a good thing.
Believing in the world,
Which would you prefer?"

Jan 16, 2015 3:40 PM
DerMond said:
Kurokolist said:

Well, that's up to you. But you know, we kind of have laws today, and they don't send you in prison, much less to hell, for cheating. In fact, if you aren't married and don't have kids, nothing happens from a legal point of view. Because that's private business.

And I thought religions were about forgiveness too.

Human law isn't perfect. We can still observe wrongdoings and try to be better. I'm all about calling people out when they do something shitty. Private business or not, it still deplorable.

Jan 16, 2015 3:41 PM

Kurokolist said:
I'm stating facts here, there is no excuse for cheating. Ever. Cheating isn't exactly going to help your relationship afterall. They weren't even married long, she should have taken action to help their relationship if anything.

You are also making assumptions about their relationship that we have no idea about. We were never shown him particularly mistreating her or any of the other nonsense. He had trust issues that a normal couple would have worked on. They apparently never even discussed it at length. She cheated regardless and got her just deserts.

It's tragic because yes, he also has issues, but lets not just try and write her off as a saint here or a good person. By my standards, she was unforgivable.

You can't forgive her even if she regretted it for the rest of her (short) life? She made one shitty decision and she immediately regretted it, are you really saying that it's wrong for her husband to forgive her and continue their relationship?
The theme of this episode was "everyone makes mistakes", she also showed her good nature by acting as a scapegoat for her husband's mistake, which killed their son.

Jan 16, 2015 3:42 PM
Landos said:

To start with the idea that Decim could make a mistake to this degree is disappointing. He looks like an experienced person and so he should have countered this new girls points quickly and easily. I thought to be an arbiter you needed to have experience and good judgement?

Another part I was bummed out at was how there is no explanation on how this world works or why it came to be. It just is and apparently things are the way they are because of plot. You would think by episode 2 of this 13 episode series, some ground work of this world would be set in place. Nope.

6/10.
You know this is like a prequel to Death Billards in a sense. If you have watched it you would know
So this is like his build up to experience with her help >.<

Jan 16, 2015 3:45 PM

Kurokolist said:
fanshii said:

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

Both were at fault.

As for my assuptions - there was a scene when she was crying in the bed having her back turned to the man while he was talking to someone on the phone, in MANY shows it's a portrayal of a woman feeling bad and having no support. It may not have been the case here, but it really often is.

"no excuse for cheating" is a opinion, and not a fact. Indeed she should have (I've said she should've told him myself, didn't say she's a saint), but you thinking she hadn't taken no action to try to help the relationship is ALSO an assumption - especially since the man thought she cheated on him, but never brang it up (and he should have). They never discussed it, but she MAY have just told him she's sad and he didn't do anything. We don't know their whole story.

I just??? don't understand how people can think that perishing is justifiable just because someone had sex (maybe not even romantic relationship) with someone else??? It's not the end of the world, people often do wrong to each other and break each other's trust. It's no different than other forms of it.

They've both acted wrong and made not enough attempts at communication but neither of them should've been send to the void.

Jan 16, 2015 3:46 PM

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Landos said:

To start with the idea that Decim could make mistakes is absolutely ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is the fact that this new girl showed him up and he had no idea what she was talking about. I thought to be an arbiter you needed to have experience and good judgement?

Another part I was disappointed with is that there is no explanation on how this world works or why it came to be. It just is and apparently things are they are because of plot.

6/10.

1) Decim, and other arbiters, being fallible adds far more risk into this series. The fact that mistakes like that can be made is horrifying. It makes the events that occur during the game more interesting, and suspenseful. Also, watching Decim grow as person will also become an interesting sub-plot. Having someone that doesn't understand human, but, is also not omniscient, is really twisting the "the world is cruel/life is not fair" knife.

Decim getting flustered by the new chick is inexcusable. She comes waltzing into the bar and lets him know he fucked up. It shouldn't matter that he doesn't understand human emotion, he has done this so many times he should have picked up a pattern or something. It really did look like she was the arbiter and he was the new guy.

As a matter of fact I do. This is a short series and so they can't be wasting episodes doing recaps like this. "But but it was from another angle" and we barely got any new information at all. If they explained some elements of how this world worked, I wouldn't be complaining.

Look at Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. In two episodes we get the back stories of the main characters, get how the world of alchemy works and information on the military police and the goals of the main characters. In episode two in death parade we are getting nothing new at all besides introducing the white haired bitch.

This was just a bad episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Kurokolist said:

Human law isn't perfect. We can still observe wrongdoings and try to be better. I'm all about calling people out when they do something shitty. Private business or not, it still deplorable.

That human law isn't perfect, that is pretty much obivous. But please do remember first that what would be called divine law hasn't formally any legal existence anymore in many countries, and for many out there, any meaning anymore (at least not direclty).
Believing in the world,
Which would you prefer?"

Jan 16, 2015 3:47 PM

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

I mostly agree with you, but the fact that Decim didn't even suspect that she was lying made me scratch my head a bit. I hope Decim's problem is connected to the fact that he's not experienced in romantic relationships, and he's not literally a robot who can't understand emotions.

Jan 16, 2015 3:49 PM

Ohoh, so she was really lying to save him :3
It made me happy when I got that right.

That new girl reminds me of Marie from Persona 4 Golden. It was nice to see their vision of the first episode.

I wonder if there's a rule saying that its only one person per elevator, hm...

Jan 16, 2015 3:49 PM
If he forgave her, then that is props to him. It's entirely up to a spouse who was cheated on if they want to forgive.

I personally wouldn't forgive. I would have ended it immediately. But I wouldn't be so distrusting as Takashi in the first place as I have enough faith in people that the one I devote my life to won't ruin it with a worthless dalliance.

Also, everyone makes mistakes is a bullshit and fallacious theme. You don't just trip over someone and have their dick fall into you. It was complete disregard for her child and husband, at least for the duration of her relationship with whoever.

Jan 16, 2015 3:50 PM

I see, I had thoughts the love story was like that, the only thing I didn't factor in was that Decim was capable of making mistakes, that's quite the stunner to me. This means the wrong people can get punished.
Jaywalker.

Jan 16, 2015 3:51 PM

Kurokolist said:
If he forgave her, then that is props to him. It's entirely up to a spouse who was cheated on if they want to forgive.

I personally wouldn't forgive. I would have ended it immediately. But I wouldn't be so distrusting as Takashi in the first place as I have enough faith in people that the one I devote my life to won't ruin it with a worthless dalliance.

Also, everyone makes mistakes is a bullshit and fallacious theme. You don't just trip over someone and have their dick fall into you. It was complete disregard for her child and husband, at least for the duration of her relationship with whoever.

Hoes going to be hoes man. Nothing you can do about it.

Jan 16, 2015 3:54 PM
fanshii said:
Kurokolist said:

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

Both were at fault.

There is no excuse for cheating. There is a saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater" which
is quite true. If the one that cheated starts a relationship with the one he/she cheated with, then
it is a high chance he/she repeats same.

You don't think that he couldn't bear the thought that she cheated on him, and as
a result it became an unspoken problem in their relationship? He probably had issues
of his own in addition to that. As someone said, it isn't paranoia if someone actually
is stalking you. (he suspected cheating, and she did at one point).

No, relationships shouldn't be a cage, but the proper thing to do is to get out of the
current relationship before doing whatever with another. Doing it in any other way
is simply betraying your partner.
Modified by konatachan80, Jan 16, 2015 4:01 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth

Jan 16, 2015 3:55 PM
I really this show so far ^o^

Jan 16, 2015 3:57 PM

I was expecting another "stake game" episode :c

Jan 16, 2015 3:58 PM

Landos said:
Decim getting flustered by the new chick is inexcusable. She comes waltzing into the bar and lets him know he fucked up. It shouldn't matter that he doesn't understand human emotion, he has done this so many times he should have picked up a pattern or something. It really did look like she was the arbiter and he was the new guy.

I agree with the Decim part, but I hope this is addressed in future episode and there's a reason why he messed up in this exact case, while he's good in other circumstances.

As a matter of fact I do. This is a short series and so they can't be wasting episodes doing recaps like this. "But but it was from another angle" and we barely got any new information at all. If they explained some elements of how this world worked, I wouldn't be complaining.

Look at Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. In two episodes we get the back stories of the main characters, get how the world of alchemy works and information on the military police and the goals of the main characters. In episode two in death parade we are getting nothing new at all besides introducing the white haired bitch.

The beginning of FMAB is rushed and all the exposition takes away from the emotional impact of both the Lior story and the flashback (FMA 2003 does it much better).

"Nothing new" is an exaggeration, since for example, it is now pretty clear that the arbiters are human souls that are stripped of their name and memories, and not infallible gods; we know that there are multiple places like the bar and multiple arbiters; we know that there's a city over this kind of "purgatory"; we get glimpses of 3 characters' personalities

bad episode, 6/10. IGN.

Jan 16, 2015 4:00 PM

konatachan80 said:
fanshii said:

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

Both were at fault.

There is no excuse for cheating. There is a saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater" which
is quite true. If the one that cheated starts a relationship with the one he/she cheated with, then

You don't think that he couldn't bear the thought that she cheated on him, and as
a result it became an unspoken problem in their relationship? He probably had issues
of his own in addition to that. As someone said, it isn't paranoia if someone actually

No, relationships shouldn't be a cage, but the proper thing to do is to get out of the
current relationship before doing whatever with another. Doing it in any other way

I didn't say its NOT a betrayal and neither that she's not at fault.

It's just that too many people act as if cheating is almost on par with killing someone (this is the tone I get from their responses) but It's just sex with another person. It's a betrayal of trust indeed, but defenitely not worthy of having your soul destroyed. That's my point. It's the same as any other shit people do to each other, just because it's sexual doesn't mean it's worse.

Neither of them was good at communicating and that was that. Her cheating isn't the only problem in their relationship.

Jan 16, 2015 4:02 PM
fanshii said:
Kurokolist said:

As for my assuptions - there was a scene when she was crying in the bed having her back turned to the man while he was talking to someone on the phone, in MANY shows it's a portrayal of a woman feeling bad and having no support. It may not have been the case here, but it really often is.

"no excuse for cheating" is a opinion, and not a fact. Indeed she should have (I've said she should've told him myself, didn't say she's a saint), but you thinking she hadn't taken no action to try to help the relationship is ALSO an assumption - especially since the man thought she cheated on him, but never brang it up (and he should have). They never discussed it, but she MAY have just told him she's sad and he didn't do anything. We don't know their whole story.

I just??? don't understand how people can think that perishing is justifiable just because someone had sex (maybe not even romantic relationship) with someone else??? It's not the end of the world, people often do wrong to each other and break each other's trust. It's no different than other forms of it.

They've both acted wrong and made not enough attempts at communication but neither of them should've been send to the void.

I would never be able to get along with you if you think betraying someone is ever an ok thing under any circumstances.

It isn't 'just' sex. That line alone should indicate we just can't see eye to eye. What you view as just sex, others view as being forsaken and completely betrayed. For many it's the one thing you can't come back from. Some can work around it, but it forever changes a relationships dynamic. Why do you think so many homicides have cheating involved? Cause it matters.

And we weren't shown anything indicating that they ever broached the issue. Your the one making the statement that they may have despite the episode being about coming clean so that is up to you to prove. But it doesn't really matter, because cheating is cheating. Divorce is an option if it's so bad.

Jan 16, 2015 4:03 PM

kokusho36 said:
Landos said:

I agree with the Decim part, but I hope this is addressed in future episode and there's a reason why he messed up in this exact case, while he's good in other circumstances.

The beginning of FMAB is rushed and all the exposition takes away from the emotional impact of both the Lior story and the flashback (FMA 2003 does it much better).

"Nothing new" is an exaggeration, since for example, it is now pretty clear that the arbiters are human souls that are stripped of their name and memories, and not infallible gods; we know that there are multiple places like the bar and multiple arbiters; we know that there's a city over this kind of "purgatory"; we get glimpses of 3 characters' personalities

bad episode, 6/10. IGN.

So an FMA 2003 wanker huh? Why did I even bother having a argument with a troll. The 6/10 IGN comment sealed it for me.

Jan 16, 2015 4:04 PM

So far I'm really digging this series, and Nona seems like a very likable character so far.

Jan 16, 2015 4:07 PM

Well, we have now determined that we will never see eye to eye, and that's fine too.

Back to the topic, I'm kind of wondering why they are called arbiters and not judges. Generally in law, judges are people who are given the ability to judge by the law, while arbiters are given this ability by the people involved in the issue. Is it because of this that the arbiters have to get consent from the dead people ?
Believing in the world,
Which would you prefer?"

Jan 16, 2015 4:08 PM

Landos said:
So an FMA 2003 wanker huh? Why did I even bother having a argument with a troll. The 6/10 IGN comment sealed it for me.

I don't care enough about either FMA to pick a side, but what I said is true.
Also, I was just being ironic since on Mal, 6/10 = Ok while 4/10 means bad. You can rate however you want, though.

Jan 16, 2015 4:11 PM

Kurokolist said:
fanshii said:

I would never be able to get along with you if you think betraying someone is ever an ok thing under any circumstances.

It isn't 'just' sex. That line alone should indicate we just can't see eye to eye. What you view as just sex, others view as being forsaken and completely betrayed. For many it's the one thing you can't come back from. Some can work around it, but it forever changes a relationships dynamic. Why do you think so many homicides have cheating involved? Cause it matters.

And we weren't shown anything indicating that they ever broached the issue. Your the one making the statement that they may have despite the episode being about coming clean so that is up to you to prove. But it doesn't really matter, because cheating is cheating. Divorce is an option if it's so bad.

/I've trimmed the quotes a little

I didn't say it doesn't matter completely ( I wouldn't want my partner to cheat on myself too if we'd agreed on monogamous relationship which I also would prefer) but it's definitely not an offense big enough to have your soul perished, that was my point.

The episode is only clear about them not talking about cheating - but we simply don't know if they'd had conversations or other issues.

Indeed they should've taken a divorce (although they're kinda newly wed), that's why I'm saying BOTH of them are at fault, not only the woman. Imo it's obvious from the shot I've described that they had issues since getting married.

Jan 16, 2015 4:17 PM
Who the hell is that assistant ?
Did she sacrifice her own life to save another to become a ''Part-Time'' Bartender or what ?
Maybe that way she can 'Re-gain' her life.
The thing i can see is that she doesn't have the special eyes for her to see the memories of the deceased therefore expecting me to think she is a woman,
she also has feelings and knows if something is painful.
Is she a woman before she came there or an artificial doll ?
But then asking that question, where are her special eyes, if she is a doll ?

Jan 16, 2015 4:23 PM

kokusho36 said:
Landos said:

I don't care enough about either FMA to pick a side, but what I said is true.
Also, I was just being ironic since on Mal, 6/10 = Ok while 4/10 means bad. You can rate however you want, though.

Gives Angel Beats a 9 but gives FMA Brotherhood a 7. Your taste in anime is shit and I don't even know why I started an argument with a hipster fag.

Jan 16, 2015 4:25 PM
[quote=fanshii]
konatachan80 said:
fanshii said:

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

Both were at fault.

I didn't say its NOT a betrayal and neither that she's not at fault.

It's just that too many people act as if cheating is almost on par with killing someone (this is the tone I get from their responses) but It's just sex with another person. It's a betrayal of trust indeed, but defenitely not worthy of having your soul destroyed. That's my point. It's the same as any other shit people do to each other, just because it's sexual doesn't mean it's worse.

Neither of them was good at communicating and that was that. Her cheating isn't the only problem in their relationship.[
konatachan80 said:
fanshii said:

LOL
I'm sorry but no.

Both were at fault.

Right on. It's good that some people see it.

I'm the type of man whose word means everything. I live up to my ideals and don't compromise under any circumstances. Hardships be damned. You could call me old fashioned, but that is something i'm proud of in today's society. I could never fathom betraying the one I vow myself to and can't respect those who have or would. It shows great character flaws.

Divine laws, whatever you want to call it, even if noone would judge, punish, or even know, the very fact that I alone am aware is enough of a reason to behave a certain way. I wouldn't be alright living a life I couldn't be proud of so I make sure I do what I can.

Jan 16, 2015 4:44 PM

I found the first episode quite good; although it was obvious which represented heaven and hell, it was left very nebulous with regards to who was at fault. Although she was punished in the end for cheating, her sudden outburst of hate and anger was presaged by sadness. To me, this was her acting as a sacrifice to protect her husband.

I wasn't so fond of the second episode, though. I don't like episodes dedicated to ruining ambiguity and repeating much of what has already happened. From what I can gather, they discerned from her memories that she was unfaithful, which would warrant her being sent to the void. She appeared penitent and accepted her fate, although perhaps her anger was directed more to herself than to her husband.

I hope they don't continue this style of storytelling. I would find it much more interesting if they stick to playing games to invoke emotions and it is left rather vague as to what really happened.

Jan 16, 2015 4:46 PM

Landos said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

1) We don't know how long Decim's been doing this, even then he got flustered because he failed to properly judge the people, rather any embarrassment. The possibility that he may have done this dozens of times, wrongly, makes it even worse.

2) This is a single season, of 12 eps, on it's 2 ep. No respectable show will reveal everything before the halfway point. They only explained how the judging works; how the rest of their world works will be explained as the series goes along.

3) Everybody knows that the first half of FMAB is rushed compared to FMA03's first half. It's still a great show, in it's own ways, but the characters suffered because of how rushed the show ultimately was.

Yes, I'm a FMA03 fan. Yes, I prefer FMA03 over FMAB. I like both shows, but I appreciate the original's darker, more mature atmosphere, and the overall more interesting characterizations and character development of the cast. For me it's FMA manga =/> FMA03 > FMAB. If you're a FMAB fan, don't pull the elitist crap; both are great, I just prefer the way FMA03 is told.

Jan 16, 2015 4:48 PM

Yep troll detected.

Jan 16, 2015 4:49 PM

Well in this anime souls and a higher power are confirmed to exist, unlike the real world, so I don't think its a matter of human opinion to say what is bad enough to get your soul perished. If the powers at be in this anime decide that cheating is bad enough to get that treatment than that's how it is in this anime. To me the fact that one gets reincarnated and the other get's their soul destroyed is kind of flawed in the first place, does that mean if two good people go in one will still get their soul destroyed? If two bad people go in, one lucks out? Added with the fact that Decim doesn't know everything and isn't perfect, it's a recipe for disaster.

I don't get why some people act as if some ethics and standards are opinions while others fact, wrong is subjective, even murder is something that is in only opinion to be evil just as much as cheating is. But just to state my opinion, murder, cheating on a spouse, rape and causing others to become permanently injured by some sort of crippling attack for no reason are enough to get your soul perished.
Jaywalker.

Jan 16, 2015 4:50 PM

Landos said:
Yep troll detected.

So I'm a "troll", because I like both great shows, but prefer the one you don't like?

It's good to see I'm debating with such a mature person.

*sigh*

Jan 16, 2015 4:52 PM
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Also, at the end, Decim and Nona weren't talking to each other.

Nona seemed to be talking to a higher up, and was told that the term would only be 3 months.

I took the more obvious root and that she was talking about Onna term as an assistant. After that, maybe she replaces Decim in the end? Also 3 months is exactly how long this show is going to air...

Jan 16, 2015 4:54 PM

Motherurck said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Also, at the end, Decim and Nona weren't talking to each other.

Nona seemed to be talking to a higher up, and was told that the term would only be 3 months.

I took the more obvious root and that she was talking about Onna term as an assistant. After that, maybe she replaces Decim in the end? Also 3 months is exactly how long this show is going to air...

Yeah, I thought that could be it too a few minutes after I posted lol.

That seems more likely, for now.

Jan 16, 2015 4:55 PM

I knew it! I was right all along about last episode!
This anime is really awesome! Giving us the hint from last episode and their own views with the situation.

Jan 16, 2015 4:55 PM

konatachan80 said:

You mean like how the husband betrayed her wife love, and because of it she wasn't able to get along with him. So you have quite a lot in common in this aspect

Why do you think a lot of relationship end with cheating? Just because cheating is easier to define doesn't make it worse than treating your love like shit, and causing the death of both of them and their unborn child :-/

True the husband never approached the wife with his mistrust, and the wife didn't talk the issue over with her husband. This is what makes it a grey area issue, where the scale tipped in the women favor because of her sacrifice in Ano point of view, which Arbeiter didn't see.

Cheating is only a result, the reason/intent behind it defines its meaning.

Jan 16, 2015 4:56 PM

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Landos said:

1) We don't know how long Decim's been doing this, even then he got flustered because he failed to properly judge the people, rather any embarrassment. The possibility that he may have done this dozens of times, wrongly, makes it even worse.

2) This is a single season, of 12 eps, on it's 2 ep. No respectable show will reveal everything before the halfway point. They only explained how the judging works; how the rest of their world works will be explained as the series goes along.

3) Everybody knows that the first half of FMAB is rushed compared to FMA03's first half. It's still a great show, in it's own ways, but the characters suffered because of how rushed the show ultimately was.

Yes, I'm a FMA03 fan. Yes, I prefer FMA03 over FMAB. I like both shows, but I appreciate the original's darker, more mature atmosphere, and the overall more interesting characterizations and character development of the cast. For me it's FMA manga =/> FMA03 > FMAB. If you're a FMAB fan, don't pull the elitist crap; both are great, I just prefer the way FMA03 is told.

You're no better than the supposed FMAB elitists by dropping lines like "everybody knows" and then preceding with an opinion. An opinion that isn't even shared by the consensus of people, actually that last part makes you even worse than them. Personally the only thing I didn't think was explored well was that one ice or whatever dude who discovered the secret of the government and was hunted down to what was displayed to us as the heroic characters doing the right thing. They only went on to make light of it in the later episodes with a small comment about how the guy who appeared crazy was right. Still, I don't think that's necessarily so bad, in its own way it being such a minute and not focused on detail is what makes it thought of more.
Jaywalker.

Jan 16, 2015 5:04 PM

A good woman? It's an anime after all...

That was fast! Already eight discussion pages just after 7 hours.
I'm looκing for someone interesting to talk with, are you good enough?

Jan 16, 2015 5:05 PM

Epicenter said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

You're no better than the supposed FMAB elitists by dropping lines like "everybody knows" and then preceding with an opinion. An opinion that isn't even shared by the consensus of people, actually that last part makes you even worse than them. Personally the only thing I didn't think was explored well was that one ice or whatever dude who discovered the secret of the government and was hunted down to what was displayed to us as the heroic characters doing the right thing. They only went on to make light of it in the later episodes with a small comment about how the guy who appeared crazy was right. Still, I don't think that's necessarily so bad, in its own way it being such a minute and not focused on detail is what makes it thought of more.

How am I being elitist? While I probably should have said "everybody knows", a large majority of people of those who like FMAB acknowledge that the beginning is rushed. Also, I still thought it was a great show; an elitist usually just deems something they don't like as trash.

Jan 16, 2015 5:12 PM

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:

How am I being elitist? While I probably should have said "everybody knows", a large majority of people of those who like FMAB acknowledge that the beginning is rushed. Also, I still thought it was a great show; an elitist usually just deems something they don't like as trash.

You got numbers to back that up or are you talking out of your ass again?

Jan 16, 2015 5:13 PM

Bad episode. Everything that was explained we either already from watching the 1st episodes and Death Billiards, or just removed the sense of lingering ambiguity from the last episode like "the void" and the answer to whether or not the wife cucked the her husband. A bit of ambiguity to get us thinking isn't a bad thing y'know.
Modified by gedata, Jan 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »