Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Jan 17, 2015 1:35 AM

slayerizedcarol said:
Zepherius said:

It's those abs, I swear...

abs accompanied by flamboyant suspenders and heart shaped knee pads is the tru secret.

ok the oingo boingo teaser made me so hyped, they adapted them so well. I actually don't remember anything about that fight so I look forward to it.

He also has the best stand in THE WORLD !!!
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 17, 2015 1:44 AM

They could just rename Oingo and Boingo for, I dunno, Congo and Bongo. No copyrights, but sounds similiar to original names.

Jan 17, 2015 3:16 AM

Yet another great week! Very good. I didn't quite suspect that Iggy's trick after the battle and ended up laughing :D Oooooh man, so glad this is only the beginning of the Egypt part.

Jan 17, 2015 6:22 AM

Man I loved this episode so much. Jotaro was pro as usual. Lel'd at Iggy's revenge at the end. And the brothers, wonder how that'll go for Jotaro and co in the next episode. :3

Jan 17, 2015 9:52 AM
Barion-Zara said:

And Dio!!! WTH is he doing to make all these guys so fanatic??

Jan 17, 2015 11:31 AM

Barion-Zara said:

It's his charisma. Also, he sometimes uses those 'seeds' that will brainwash people.

Jan 17, 2015 12:12 PM

Zepherius said:
Barion-Zara said:

It's those abs, I swear...

I think its the lips imo[/quote]

Definitely his pose.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Jan 17, 2015 4:53 PM

Barion-Zara said:

You saying that you wouldn't fall in love with DIO's abs at first sight and do anything possible to protect them?

Jan 17, 2015 6:23 PM

Great episode, really interesting opponents next time.

Jan 17, 2015 11:12 PM

Orzi said:
They could just rename Oingo and Boingo for, I dunno, Congo and Bongo. No copyrights, but sounds similiar to original names.

Oh my god. Congo Bongo brothers...

I like it.

Jan 17, 2015 11:13 PM
The 9/11 prediction thing from Oingo Boingo was deleted, but well... That didn't surprise me at all.

Jan 18, 2015 12:03 AM

Iggy you bastard!

I loved this episode,nice fight scenes,animation was great,ost's too.
So we learned now what those 9 people have as their tarot cards,good.

And that teaser at the end! JOJO hype

Jan 18, 2015 1:01 AM
Yare Yare daze….Jotaro throwing dog like that……

Latest news: Army of PETA soldiers has travelled in droves to Japan`s David Production and burned down the studio.

Jan 18, 2015 1:33 AM
gyro785 said:

Latest news: Army of PETA soldiers has travelled in droves to Japan`s David Production and burned down the studio.

A few years ago, Muslims complained about DIO reading the Quran and it the complaint was made more than 20 years after publication.

Jan 18, 2015 7:06 AM

ParaParaJMo said:
gyro785 said:

A few years ago, Muslims complained about DIO reading the Quran and it the complaint was made more than 20 years after publication.

You mean the OVA ? because the manga never had such stuff.

Anyway not trying to justify but just bringing the other point view , Muslims are overly sensitive due to how the Media portrays them. What they complained about was that they thought that the staff made the big bad read the qura'n as a sort of a subliminal message that Muslims are evil , as if DIO is reading the qura'n to get some evil ideas or as if DIO is reading what is suitable for his personality. It doesn't make it better that DIO isn't muslim at this case.

Now you may try to mock them , but the Middle East (Muslims and Non Muslims in it) get really easily offended because they tend to be conservative. And if you realize they didn't for example complain about the mosque ruins in the country.
Also there is no wrong or right in this point. It's a different point of view coming from a different culture. Things change from country to country. And I am actually happy David Productions didn't do that same mistake. Also a lot of people there who go through the details know that it was a mistake and not intentional.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 18, 2015 8:46 AM

rew-kitsune said:
The 9/11 prediction thing from Oingo Boingo was deleted, but well... That didn't surprise me at all.

It wasn't, look carefully, the watch on the mangaka's wrist was pointing out the time: 9.11

They did only remove the plane from the last panel, but in the scene where the mangaka reads Boingo's book you can see the plane clearly.

Jan 18, 2015 9:42 AM

Akanezora said:
rew-kitsune said:

It wasn't, look carefully, the watch on the mangaka's wrist was pointing out the time: 9.11

They did only remove the plane from the last panel, but in the scene where the mangaka reads Boingo's book you can see the plane clearly.

Hm, I think you looked upside down. It's actually past 10:30.

Jan 18, 2015 1:38 PM

Really good fight, the interactions between Jotaro and Iggy were just amusing. Iggy looked really cute when he brought back Jotaro's hat.
I'm also happy that they gave us a first taste of Boingo's powers in this episode already. It's definitely a highlight of the series as it shows us just how creative the stand powers can be.

Jan 18, 2015 2:52 PM

Eh... I didn't really like this episode (or the first one). Iggy is even worse than I imagined he would be. Shame.
All in all, SC is being really weak for me. The only reason I haven't stopped watching part 3 yet is because of Dio.
Next episode seems to be a bit better though.

Jan 18, 2015 3:33 PM

OverkilledRed said:
Akanezora said:

Hm, I think you looked upside down. It's actually past 10:30.

You're right, just checked it again and it seems I watched it upside down, oh well, I still appreciate their effort.

Jan 18, 2015 8:30 PM

HOLY SHIT! that hat got hair!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Jan 18, 2015 8:56 PM

It's actually a part of Jotaro's body.
Think of Shinichi and Migi together.
When Ronald gets happy, I just have to do this. Everyone join in. Here we go! RAN RAN RUUUU~~~

Jan 18, 2015 9:23 PM
Akabawi said:
ParaParaJMo said:

Anyway not trying to justify but just bringing the other point view , Muslims are overly sensitive due to how the Media portrays them. What they complained about was that they thought that the staff made the big bad read the qura'n as a sort of a subliminal message that Muslims are evil , as if DIO is reading the qura'n to get some evil ideas or as if DIO is reading what is suitable for his personality. It doesn't make it better that DIO isn't muslim at this case.

Now you may try to mock them , but the Middle East (Muslims and Non Muslims in it) get really easily offended because they tend to be conservative. And if you realize they didn't for example complain about the mosque ruins in the country.
Also there is no wrong or right in this point. It's a different point of view coming from a different culture. Things change from country to country. And I am actually happy David Productions didn't do that same mistake. Also a lot of people there who go through the details know that it was a mistake and not intentional.

My copies of the manga and the ova are back home on the opposite side of the world for me to check but you could be right that it was in the anime but I belive some buildings were changed as well, I don't know.

Keep in mind that anime and manga have unintentionally mocked other cultures before like in G Gundam.

Hell, the original Ring ni Kakero manga portrayed the Germans as Nazis and the Italians as mobsters. Part 5 of Jojo also makes heavy use of the Italian mobster stereotype.

Jan 18, 2015 11:16 PM

Haven't read the manga yet...so there are actually a lot of original scene in the ova...
The fight with N'Doul, as for me, the ova has better fighting, the new anime has better art and sound track.

Jan 19, 2015 12:26 AM

ParaParaJMo said:
Akabawi said:

My copies of the manga and the ova are back home on the opposite side of the world for me to check but you could be right that it was in the anime but I belive some buildings were changed as well, I don't know.

Keep in mind that anime and manga have unintentionally mocked other cultures before like in G Gundam.

Hell, the original Ring ni Kakero manga portrayed the Germans as Nazis and the Italians as mobsters. Part 5 of Jojo also makes heavy use of the Italian mobster stereotype.

The problem wasn't the stereotyping of people at that point. Because that wasn't a stereotype. The problem they had was that why , out of nowhere , where it made no sense in context that Dio would be reading the qura'n , in the manga he was reading scribbles *Araki drew scribbles* . In the OVA the real reason this happened because they were trying to make the setting look as realistic as possible , and they almost had it right . I would say only a few inaccuracies in their portrayal exist . but their mistake was that they didn't check what text they were pasting , they didn't know it was a verse from the qura'n until they heard the complaints you see. So it was not intentional from the beginning.

As about the cultural stereotypes . People don't get really offended by this. I would say the best part that makes you laugh in this show is the cultural shocks the character has from extreme stereotyping of every country.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 19, 2015 12:56 AM
StardustReverie said:
Barion-Zara said:

It's his charisma + power.

Jan 19, 2015 6:05 PM
Can anyone clarify to me, that in one scene Iggy tried to save himself by dumping Jotaro to the ground, but later on he was so scared of the enemy attacking Jotaro when the staff fell to the ground?

I thought Iggy didn't care much about the crew all along?

Jan 19, 2015 8:56 PM

jimmy2027 said:
Can anyone clarify to me, that in one scene Iggy tried to save himself by dumping Jotaro to the ground, but later on he was so scared of the enemy attacking Jotaro when the staff fell to the ground?

He was just scared of N'Doul's attack in general.

Jan 19, 2015 11:56 PM
Akabawi said:
ParaParaJMo said:

The problem wasn't the stereotyping of people at that point. Because that wasn't a stereotype. The problem they had was that why , out of nowhere , where it made no sense in context that Dio would be reading the qura'n , in the manga he was reading scribbles *Araki drew scribbles* . In the OVA the real reason this happened because they were trying to make the setting look as realistic as possible , and they almost had it right . I would say only a few inaccuracies in their portrayal exist . but their mistake was that they didn't check what text they were pasting , they didn't know it was a verse from the qura'n until they heard the complaints you see. So it was not intentional from the beginning.

As about the cultural stereotypes . People don't get really offended by this. I would say the best part that makes you laugh in this show is the cultural shocks the character has from extreme stereotyping of every country.

You COULD  argue that Dio was reading Quran to understand human mind so could better manipulate them. He IS in Muslim-majority country after all.

Of course I`m sure people who complained would have none of it.

Jan 21, 2015 5:39 AM

Jotaro is badass in this episode. He and iggy work together well...most of the time and that after the ending theme holly shit that was brutal.

Jan 21, 2015 6:18 PM

gyro785 said:

You COULD  argue that Dio was reading Quran to understand human mind so could better manipulate them. He IS in Muslim-majority country after all.

That's a pretty interesting theory. And it would make sense knowing DIO. After all, it seemed like he spent most of his time reading when he wasn't ruining lives.

Edit: I snipped everything above we really don't need a quote pyramid as we're already in Egypt

Jan 22, 2015 12:53 AM
jimmy2027 said:

That wasn't Iggy being scared for Jotaro. He was going insane by the tension of two men preparing for a die or live battle.

Jan 22, 2015 6:32 AM

Wow.
I can't believe it.......

There are almost NO complaints in this thread!

I mean, I saw one, but..........

WOW.

Jan 22, 2015 6:34 AM

BluexMage said:
Eh... I didn't really like this episode (or the first one). Iggy is even worse than I imagined he would be. Shame.
All in all, SC is being really weak for me. The only reason I haven't stopped watching part 3 yet is because of Dio.
Next episode seems to be a bit better though.

Well.........
I mean.......

You might enjoy the next fight......

It just depends on what you like in a fight......

Jan 22, 2015 9:06 AM

N'Doul is probably one of Dio's best Stand Users. He made pretty much everyone that came beforehand look grossly incompetent.

Barion-Zara said:
Was that the first time we see Jotarou without the hat? He looks cool :P

We see him without the hat in the very first episode.

Jan 22, 2015 10:57 AM

Hobgoblin2099 said:

Dat terrible image quality O_o

Jan 23, 2015 6:33 AM

Hobgoblin2099 said:
N'Doul is probably one of Dio's best Stand Users. He made pretty much everyone that came beforehand look grossly incompetent.

Barion-Zara said:
Was that the first time we see Jotarou without the hat? He looks cool :P

He also made a lot of the people that came after him look bad, too.

Jan 23, 2015 10:36 AM

gyro785 said:
Akabawi said:

Well as I said before Muslims are overly sensitive due to how the Media portrays them. Their argument resulted out of the extreme paranoia they have due to the constant attacks by some of the Media , they could have been way less sensitive if they weren't generally framed for every terrorist attack for example *I mean the act of that every terrorist is the upholder of the true religion teachings for example which is totally not true.*. I am not trying to justify anything. As for their reason , they said they didn't know it was qura'n . At least that's what was officially stated. It may have been your theory but just sometimes things are misinterpreted.
Again I have to say that Jojo is adored by the Middle East. More than you think , and a lot of people now know that no harm was intended because *Internet*.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 23, 2015 11:09 AM

Saandro said:
jimmy2027 said:

That wasn't Iggy being scared for Jotaro. He was going insane by the tension of two men preparing for a die or live battle.

That and he likely would've been killed by N'Doul next since he was right next to him at knew how to sense his attacks.

Jan 28, 2015 1:53 AM
millecartes said:
gyro785 said:

That's a pretty interesting theory. And it would make sense knowing DIO. After all, it seemed like he spent most of his time reading when he wasn't ruining lives.

Edit: I snipped everything above we really don't need a quote pyramid as we're already in Egypt

Thanks. Dio is a villain but I also see him as an intellectual and a philosopher. You can tell that he is an intellectual ( to a certain extent) because he is portrayed as someone who likes to read.

Intellectual-In Phantom Blood, his dad gets angry because he bought a book with the money he won from winning at chess. In SC, he is frequently shown reading.

Philosopher-His dialog with Jonathan about limits of human in Phantom Blood. His dialog with Enya about fates in SC.

Jan 28, 2015 6:22 AM

gyro785 said:
millecartes said:

Thanks. Dio is a villain but I also see him as an intellectual and a philosopher. You can tell that he is an intellectual ( to a certain extent) because he is portrayed as someone who likes to read.

Intellectual-In Phantom Blood, his dad gets angry because he bought a book with the money he won from winning at chess. In SC, he is frequently shown reading.

Philosopher-His dialog with Jonathan about limits of human in Phantom Blood. His dialog with Enya about fates in SC.

That's true.

You're one smart cookie.

Jan 29, 2015 2:30 AM

Dragonage2ftw said:
gyro785 said:

That's true.

You're one smart cookie.

Yeah definitely very observant
claps

Jan 30, 2015 11:41 AM

millecartes said:
Dragonage2ftw said:

That's true.

You're one smart cookie.

Yeah definitely very observant
claps

I concur.
*Claps louder than milescartes*

Feb 13, 2015 6:03 PM

Oh shit, Jotaro can remove his cap?!? Is that even possible?! :O

Iggy is such a little piece of shit xD
I love him.

R.I.P. nice traverler, episode 26 - episode 26 :(
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Feb 13, 2015 6:29 PM

minouneetzoe said:
Oh shit, Jotaro can remove his cap?!? Is that even possible?! :O

Yeah, he does in episode 1 of the first season :P

Mar 7, 2015 7:47 PM

I love dogs, but I laughed my ass off when Jotaro threw Iggy.

Great episode.

5/5

Apr 30, 2015 6:48 PM

Iggy's a shitty dog!

Sent with Mal Updater

Jun 23, 2015 7:45 AM

Intense and lol Iggy :p pretty damn nice episode!

Jul 10, 2015 9:17 AM

I thought Iggy done a shit in his hat for a second their.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 14, 2015 5:20 AM

that was an awesome fight with that blind fanatic! damn. So what happened to Kakyoin and Avdol? anyway that kid with the manga.. he can see the future? whatever let's see what's next

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »