Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
Just remember guys: all these idols are generic. lol
Jan 17, 2015 10:50 PM

Dec 2010
scytheavatar said:
Is it me, or is Honda Mio really annoying?

It isn't just you!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 18, 2015 5:52 AM

Oct 2011
That was fun episode - probably won't remember all idols but there were some memorable: Anastasia, Kirari and Ranko (she might not be clone of Yurika-sama but similar enough and since she won't get much time in Aikatsu, that's something). Anzu also has good aim in life, maybe not choice in career to do so but I can relate.
so I'm fine with it so far.
Jan 18, 2015 7:17 AM

Feb 2013
All those cameos my heart can't take it...
And it seems like it's time to learn the names of the 100+ CG idols and all the subgroups there are... Just knowing the names of the important and popular ones doesn't seem to work anymore.
Overall another good episode, a bit of an info dump but I really enjoyed the songs.
Still needs more Koume.

Jan 18, 2015 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
Rin is easily best girl.
Jan 18, 2015 9:39 AM

May 2011
I like the deredere twintails girl. That's about it. At first glance, this group is kinda meh. We'll see soon enough.

Producer-san best girl.
Jan 18, 2015 3:52 PM

Dec 2012
It's interesting how in contrast to the tiny office of 765, they have a humongous facility for this one. It's definitely going to take time to get to know this full cast but I have no doubt I'll warm up to them. Mio reminds me of the Futami sisters which is a huge win for me. Ranko made me nearly spit water everywhere, I was watching Aikatsu the other day and thought it was Yurika for a moment. I'm also interested in Riina, she seems like she'll be cool. The Jougasaki sisters have caught my attention the most though.

TripleSRank said:

I really hope they don't expect us to remember all of those names after an info-dump that enormous. Honda has barely even been introduced properly.

I'm not sure what to think of the main trio suddenly being snatched up as backup dancers. Couldn't that potentially harm their careers in the long run? It would be easy to get stuck in a supporting role and never get a chance to shine, like I assume the other girls will get a chance to. It's too bad Producer didn't get to voice his thoughts. He seemed hesitant to let them go.

Decent episode overall.
If it's anything like the other iM@S, the meet and greet was just meant to get all of the characters out there. As long as this is a minimum of 24-26 episodes, there should be plenty of time to get familiar with each member. By the end of the 765 Pro iM@S, I had completely memorized everyone's names and their personalities. It just comes with time.

As for the backup dancing, it's quite the opposite. Those supporting roles give them the chance to put themselves out there and catch attention for other opportunities. It's not a permanent position or role, they'll only be backup dancers for that specific concert and that may be just enough to get the ball rolling for other job offers.
ZekkenshinJan 18, 2015 4:08 PM
Jan 18, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2012
Were all the other idols beside the Cinderella Girls from the game? That's what I'm guessing they would be from.

Ratohnhaketon said:
If it's anything like the other iM@S, the meet and greet was just meant to get all of the characters out there. As long as this is a minimum of 24-26 episodes, there should be plenty of time to get familiar with each member. By the end of the 765 Pro iM@S, I had completely memorized everyone's names and their personalities. It just comes with time.

I still don't remember the names of the twins from 765 Pro. I just can't distinguish them apart aside from the the hairstyle.
Jan 18, 2015 11:28 PM

May 2013
Only one thing I will comment on this episode: Is it only me, or do the characters' (at least all the females) eyes all seem to be a bit pinkish? As in the white part of the eyeballs... it kept bothering me throughout the episode.
Jan 19, 2015 12:37 AM

Aug 2014
14th personnel Cinderella Girl >..<
Jan 19, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2011
BORING! LIKE SERIOUSLY BORING!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I can't believe this garbage surpass Kancolle on pre-orders.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwww
Jan 19, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bXamSw7ehs

Are we gonna get a performance in this b word?
Jan 19, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
millo said:

Well people have different tastes and opinions. Also Japan is on a Idol hype so its possible

Jan 19, 2015 1:25 PM

Nov 2011
millo said:

the stuff you like is garbage
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 19, 2015 6:46 PM

Jul 2011
I like the diversity this time around. The chuunibyou, the tall girl, the sleepy girl, the foreigner, the plain girl and even the (slightly) chubby girl.

They need to tone down on the hyper though.
Jan 19, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2013
Deja Vu?? I saw Eri, Nico, Rin, and the love child of Kobato & Rikka Takanashi.

Did they choose Maaya Uchida to provide exactly that effect?

millo said:

Not a fan of either series but while both are still quite boring at this point, as it stands right now IdolMaster >>>>>>>> KanColle
MoeGodJan 19, 2015 11:16 PM
Jan 20, 2015 2:59 AM

Jul 2012
The cast seems bland and much too hyper. Mio is just annoying. I wonder when I started disliking characters who act all buddy-buddy and overly familiar with everyone. I only like Rin so far.

Having watched The Idolmaster, I can't help make comparisons. The original girls were much more charming and left a better first impression.

So far, it's like a boring version of The Idolmaster with a less appealing cast. They have similar songs and the dance movements are practically recycled. I know they're part of the same franchise but I expected Cinderella Girls to offer something unique to itself.
Jan 20, 2015 3:53 AM

May 2012
THi is boring compared to 1st episode

Producer was the only likable character
Jan 21, 2015 6:00 AM
Sep 2011
Anzu best girl.
I hope she gets lots of screentime, she's the main reason I'm watcing this.
Jan 21, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
renahhchen said:
Anzu best girl.
I hope she gets lots of screentime, she's the main reason I'm watcing this.
god damn right i mean anzu is voices by the one who voice airi in oni chichi lol
Jan 21, 2015 6:28 PM

Jul 2008
Big introduction and there are some cute girls among the group :D
Jan 22, 2015 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
they introduce more girls, and
Anastasia >.< finally she has shown! she's the best girls after shiburin.
and the photoshoot of that girls was cute though.
Jan 23, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2012
lol @ ppl who think this is boring.
I find this show more interesting than both Rolling Girls and the Virgin Witch anime.

anywayz, thats a lot of characters to remember wow
main girl should stop saying "I'll try my best!" or I might actually punch my computer screen
Jan 23, 2015 11:00 AM

Oct 2008
Shibuya Rin 4ever!!!

Jan 23, 2015 1:16 PM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
lol @ ppl who think this is boring.
I find this show more interesting than both Rolling Girls and the Virgin Witch anime.

anywayz, thats a lot of characters to remember wow
main girl should stop saying "I'll try my best!" or I might actually punch my computer screen

She's trying her best to annoy you that's for sure.
Jan 24, 2015 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
Mika
hot

Why is there a baby in the group?...
Jan 25, 2015 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative is enjoyable, even interesting indeed.
Plot that continues to develop well, perhaps better than what we saw in iM @ S.
Drawings and scenarios very good, beautiful colors too.
Opening and ED catchy.
Jan 26, 2015 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
Producer > Rin > rest of the girls.
Jan 29, 2015 8:45 PM
Jul 2014
Haha this going to be fun.
Too many, many ones... sigh. I only know Nitta, Rin, Mika, Rika, Ranko... and Kaede meh

Uzuki is growing on me, so adorkable :3

Anzu??! ok, unbelievable, how can that little thing be an idol?? I mean sdjkahdaksjhd garh, crazy. I-I don't even-! oh well
Then there is the taller one too, I'm afraid she might be my least favourite.. poo poo

Chieri made me smile. It remind of Yayoi's childish postures + Yukiho's shyness.
Mimura. She gave me good vibes :)

Honda Mio. I was afraid, I didn't know her before, I was worried "may I symphatize with her"??.. yeah, she seems to give outgoing aura, funny girl

Anastasia... wow, weird. I like it. i want moar
Ranko... ahaha, I've waited for her the most. she seems crazy. chuunibyou? ta-da, that's hilarious. Gothic is attractive, umbrella seems fabulous, (close to hats)

Miku hehe That's an idol! Nyas catch people!

Dunno about that odd maido girl o.o

How crazy. A castle?? man!

..and... ahem... Mika... Mika is... Mika is hawt, not gonna lie; can't lie. The mere instant she publicly appeared.. "bang"
Feb 3, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
Anzu - heart heart
Chieri - kawaii
Chihiro - just. adorable.
Rin - cool
Rika & Miria - fun

also, that new building is leagues ahead of 765, but I still love 765.
Onodera-chanFeb 3, 2015 7:59 AM
Feb 16, 2015 8:00 PM

Oct 2008
I've been wondering... isn't it established that the Producer's the one that turned them all into idols? Like, all 100+ of them?

Wonder if the girls' reaction to the stiff-faced Producer being some kind of Idol Wizard is going to be shown in one of the episodes :D
Feb 25, 2015 2:58 PM

Dec 2013
scytheavatar said:
Is it me, or is Honda Mio really annoying?

I agree. Her personality feels so damn force.
Mar 1, 2015 10:07 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Really? Goth girl giving competition to Yurika from Aikatsu. It'll be interesting if her character gets focused. I mean it's 14 girls, not sure how many episodes will the show be. I for one prefer the true goth lolita Yurika.

Not sure if there was another Aikatsu girl in this show with a similar character design to Mikuru Natsuki.

This episode was really fast paced. They dumped a lot of info this episode. Pretty much introduced 14 characters, including Kaede. I can hardly remember all the characters.

So far I think I will like Rin who is getting used to the new life style, Anya, and maybe Mio.

Mar 16, 2015 6:22 AM
Jan 2012
I'll need a bit more time to learn their names, but so far I like everyone. Naturally, some more than others, but still.

And dammit Producer, why do you not want to show your photogenic face to the camera?

Speaking of which, Anzu's face looked smug as shit to me in that group photo. I do believe I'm going to like her.
Jul 24, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2008
Not a huge fan of Rin like most of you since I'm a fan of bubbly characters and Rin seems a bit too detached for my tastes but she is very beautiful. I would say her and Anya are the top 2 visuals of the group.

Based on appearances and/or personality quirks shown on ep2, I would say Anya, Ranko, Anzu, Rika, Miria, Chieri and Riina have potential to be my favorite idols... along with Uzuki.

The ED showed shots of the "cliques" in the group and Miku-Anya-Ranko looked to be the most interesting. Hope they form a trio unit~
Sep 20, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2010
My concern so far is that I'm feeling how linear everything is. Thus far, it feels like an amusement park ride, where there's a scripted amount of time for you to witness every attraction, which in this case are the multitude of idols that pass by. This isn't inherently a problem, but the blatant in-your-face idol mannerisms is hard to take in. I suppose this requires a change in expectations.
Dec 9, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
That was a Nice Episode. The OP and ED are Good.
The introduction was done very well. All the girls are cute and lovely.
Jan 2, 2016 3:31 AM

Sep 2013
My only real exposure to Cinderella Girls before actually watching this series was pixiv art, playing Onegai! on Osu 50+ times, and lots and lots of douhinshi reading (in those orders). I think I've gradually shifted to only caring about Uzuki, shiburin and Ranko...

despite all the shit people give uzuki for being cheerful, I don't think it's nearly as annoying as Mio's. Uzuki reminds me of Honoka-styled leadership, just as so.
"I'll do my best!" is also funny as fuck to hear, I thankfully won't grow sick of it.
Oct 3, 2016 4:45 AM

May 2010
Wait, so the rest of the characters are already together. I... see...

Okay I love Anzu. She didn't even try, got work done and left with a fluffy stuffed toy in her hand (note - she didn't even bother lifting it up.) Goals.

Better than 1st episode. The girls introductions were pretty fun (tho some look pretty similar and have similar characters to top it off)
Sep 19, 2017 6:00 AM

Jul 2015
Is Chieri Ogata really voiced by Satania's VA? Her voice sounds so different wtf.

What a bunch of weirdos this time xD
Jun 27, 2020 1:46 AM

May 2018
lol there's even a loli in the Cinderella Project. Looks like the trio are Haikyuu experts as well xD
Aug 19, 2021 12:13 PM

Feb 2020
Nice OP/ED.

So many cute girls were introduced.

Mika is very sexy. That photo shoot was so hot.

Anzu is pretty lazy, haha.

I like Ranko's goth look.

Miku and Kirara are adorable. :3

SerafosDec 21, 2023 6:53 AM
May 30, 2022 4:30 AM

Aug 2018
Hm, so Honda Mio is genki girl.. At least outwards.. As maybe there can be more, or maybe not.. Either way, mix so far is good, I think.. Uzuki is like an innocent one.. Or something.. Need more of her.. Serious Rin.. And genki Mio.. All girls can be shown more, how they are, and will with time, probably.. But for now it's nice mix..
So onee-san for Uzuki.. Ah, ok, not really.. ;P If anything, I'd take her as imouto, lol.. But yeah, Rin also had a feeling they're same year, so she does give younger feel.. Or innocence, as I told.. Though, I'd better pick some other word.. But not sure, which one it'd be..
Excursion they decided to do for themselves on the work building is nice.. Not every time you'd have chance to get familiar with such big one.. A bit closer to feeling idol work as well, I think..
Ok, so Maekawa Miku is cat like.. Well, I think I remember some fanart with her with something like that..
Lots of characters introduced.. I think we'll get more about them with time, probably lots of OVAs, movies or something Cinderella girls have, I imagine..
So Ranko is chuuni girl.. Naruhodo.. ;P
Rock girl is bro.. ;P Tada Riina, hm.. Wonder, if she likes being like that..
lol.. Mika is quite open with more risky photos, it seems.. ;P
Anzu is such a blob at some shots, lol.. ;P
Uzuki and Mio are more enthusiastic about upcoming concert.. But Rin's face shows uncertainty at 22:02..
Well.. Concert is like the most difficult work out of all idol jobs.. It's exciting.. But I probably expect many problems.. And wouldn't be too surprised if first try will end in failure, or someone will leave the group, or some other stuff.. Starting from concert.. Is very hard.. We'll see..
Sep 24, 2022 7:18 AM
Mar 2017
MIO is soo cute!!!!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

138 by HibiChika »»
Jan 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.