Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jan 15, 2015 7:07 PM

I know that Toomi has feelings for Kazuki as it was shown in the first series but does Kazuki feel the same way about her? I think Kazuki cares about Soushi the most but I also think he might have some feelings for Toomi. What do you guys think?

Jan 16, 2015 6:50 PM

it pretty much seemed that way in the 1st series, after the massacre that was episode 23 i recall a really heartwarming scene between them as they were sitting on a bench together and was saying he doesnt want her to get hurt.

Hopefully they will get together before their inevitable deaths cause this series seems to be going in the kill me all style for this season with all the death flags for pretty much every character. Hell the first line of the season is soushi saying hes already dead at the time of hearing his message.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2015 6:32 AM
No, he doesn't have feelings for her. She's a very important person to him, his emotional crutch, the person he can confide in, but he isn't in love with her. it's never suggested or implied that he loves her. More like the opposite, take for instance the episode in which Maya was drunk and hugging Kazuki. He wasn't flustered or nervous like he should be if the girl he's in love with was hugging him, he was just annoyed.

Soushi, on the other hands... It seems like he might have feelings for her in Exodus.

Jan 29, 2015 8:13 PM
so its not just me! I thought so too.
I was convinced for sure Soushi had feelings for her. (if we are being serious about all this gay kazusoushi crap thats going on.)

Maya always conveyed her thoughts to Soushi in season 1.
And we all know he cares about her well being, like in episode 19 when he was reluctant to let Maya shoot the Festum, because it reacts to gun movement. He didn't want her to get involved with any of the fighting. I also wonder if it was really him who changed the her file data.

I never once thought Kazuki felt anything towards Maya. As much as I feel bad that her crush is unrequited even 2 years later.

But at least I'm glad I'm not the only one analyzing the fact the Soushi blushes quite a lot around her when she does something like walk around naked.

Modified by sailorvenusyaten, Jan 29, 2015 8:16 PM

Jan 29, 2015 8:17 PM

Kazuki X Soushi doe

Jan 30, 2015 11:36 AM

sailorvenusyaten said:
And we all know he cares about her well being, like in episode 19 when he was reluctant to let Maya shoot the Festum, because it reacts to gun movement. He didn't want her to get involved with any of the fighting. I also wonder if it was really him who changed the her file data.

According to the drama CD "STAND BY ME", it was Kazuki who really insisted that Soushi doesn't send her to fight. (She was quite upset about it and both of them got scolded when she discovered.)
To clarify a bit, Maya told Kazuki that she would fight like Shouko, so Kazuki thought that she wanted to die too. That's why he let Soushi know about it.
Another reason why Soushi was hesitant is that she got inappropriate results when behavioral tests were conducted on the pilots. That's actually the point he uses when he pretends to be the one to have tampered with her data (but Yumiko did it, that was definitely not Soushi).

I agree that it's a lot of material missing from the series, but heh, at least it exists.
By the way, there's even more Soushi x Kazuki subtext in one of these CDs.

Jan 31, 2015 1:45 AM
I am literally analyzing how many moments Kazuki/Soushi + Maya/Kazuki + Soushi/Maya there are in the first season. and Holy crap. There are so many KazuSou moments the beat both maya/kazuki & soushi/maya out. But if you count how many Soushi x Maya moments there are, they beat Kazuki x Maya.
In ep 19, KazuSou really didn't want Maya to be included in the battle. But Sakura got scared and they needed back up.

I understand how much Soushi cares about Kazuki and Maya, but sometimes he could be a jerk or just not understand anything so Maya is there to talk to him about his feels for Kazuki.

Like in ep 10 when they took the gang to visit Koyo in the assimilated state. dude. Maya slapped the shit out of Soushi lol.

I really do hope in EXODUS they make it clear who will end up with who. or at least explain some hints that they never thought of explaining. Because i didn't like the way how the first season ended.

Feb 5, 2015 12:10 AM
in the newly recent character charts they uploaded onto the website.
here are the links:
for Kazuki's relation chart: https://41.media.tumblr.com/e62bb1731bc30e07559109e59f63bc7f/tumblr_njae5nG1a81s9d1w7o1_1280.jpg
For Soushi's relation chart: https://41.media.tumblr.com/161827a170bd87811e6bf0cd8a2860d9/tumblr_njae5nG1a81s9d1w7o2_1280.jpg
For Maya's relation chart:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/fab20ab30a6ffaa532fb4e30fb5f94af/tumblr_njae5nG1a81s9d1w7o3_1280.jpg
For anyone who has time to translate the others. I wish the pic was bigger than I could do that, but I can't read every kanji character. I only know Love (Ai).

Soushi has arrow being pointed at Maya saying [恋愛感情?] which means "romantic feelings".
So for now the producers left a question mark point wanting to have us guess if he is in love with Maya.
Soushi and Kazuki have a bolded line towards both of them saying [ 絶対的な信頼 ] = [ Implicit Trust ].
Modified by sailorvenusyaten, Feb 5, 2015 2:08 AM

Feb 5, 2015 11:19 PM

For some reason I think it's more possible that Soushi is the one that has these (romantic) feelings for Maya instead of Kazuki.

Feb 10, 2015 3:23 PM

Am I the only one who dreams of Kazuki x Tsubaki?

Feb 10, 2015 6:09 PM

Muan142 said:
Am I the only one who dreams of Kazuki x Tsubaki?
yes you are

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 11, 2015 3:50 AM

I don't really ship Kazuki x Maya but I think there's a good possibility they're going to end up together. Kazuki seems so attached to her and this might grow into love eventually. As for Soushi, I'm not sure. It could be that he has feelings for her but since he might die, the possibility of a Kazuki x Maya ending is bigger. Also, there's the fact that Maya does have feelings for Kazuki and not Soushi.

I think a relationship between Kazuki and Canon might be good but I wonder how likely for it to happen. Canon has feelings for Kazuki but she's also aware of the deep bond between him and Maya, so she might not act on her feelings.

Feb 13, 2015 7:34 AM
Assuming no one dies and they do have pairings than I'm going to say it'll end up like this...

Kazuki x Canon - Kazuki seems to slowly get that Canon likes him more than a friend. Especially when he thanked her for trying to stop him from piloting. Canon finally realized she wants more from Kazuki as well.

Soushi x Maya - Soushi is "clearly" interested in Maya's body that's for sure and has tried to protect her in the past. Maya seems to enjoy teasing him at times and had quite a few moments with him.

Feb 14, 2015 10:23 AM

Time_Bubbles said:
Assuming no one dies
This is a lost bet from the very beginning...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

Mar 26, 2015 11:24 PM
Soushi seems jealous that Toomi complains to him but is mice to Kazuki. So that may be a good ship there. Fine with me as I like Canon with Kazuki better.

Jan 7, 2017 12:12 AM
b23351 said:
No, he doesn't have feelings for her. She's a very important person to him, his emotional crutch, the person he can confide in, but he isn't in love with her. it's never suggested or implied that he loves her. More like the opposite, take for instance the episode in which Maya was drunk and hugging Kazuki. He wasn't flustered or nervous like he should be if the girl he's in love with was hugging him, he was just annoyed.

Soushi, on the other hands... It seems like he might have feelings for her in Exodus.

yeah but she inlove with kazuki not with soushi.. i remember when maya though she die in exodus she say goodbye kazuki..

Jan 7, 2017 12:14 AM
Time_Bubbles said:
Assuming no one dies and they do have pairings than I'm going to say it'll end up like this...

Kazuki x Canon - Kazuki seems to slowly get that Canon likes him more than a friend. Especially when he thanked her for trying to stop him from piloting. Canon finally realized she wants more from Kazuki as well.

Soushi x Maya - Soushi is "clearly" interested in Maya's body that's for sure and has tried to protect her in the past. Maya seems to enjoy teasing him at times and had quite a few moments with him.

the problem is maya are crazy inlove with kazuki so she use soushi help her to protect kazuki.. thats why he jealous

Jan 7, 2017 12:18 AM
Time_Bubbles said:
Soushi seems jealous that Toomi complains to him but is mice to Kazuki. So that may be a good ship there. Fine with me as I like Canon with Kazuki better.

hahahaaha because she want soushi to help her to protect kazuki.. maya complains because soushi use kazuki to pilot fafner..
maya want to take kazuki place because she love him its already confirm when she and canon talking

Jan 7, 2017 12:22 AM
hahahahaha new series soukyuu no fafner - the beyond.. if maya and kazuki end up together in time skip its is very nice

Jan 7, 2017 3:29 AM
sailorvenusyaten said:
so its not just me! I thought so too.
I was convinced for sure Soushi had feelings for her. (if we are being serious about all this gay kazusoushi crap thats going on.)

Maya always conveyed her thoughts to Soushi in season 1.

I never once thought Kazuki felt anything towards Maya. As much as I feel bad that her crush is unrequited even 2 years later.

But at least I'm glad I'm not the only one analyzing the fact the Soushi blushes quite a lot around her when she does something like walk around naked.

season 1 are kazuki and soushi maya on studying school right

Jan 31, 2017 1:44 PM
Well, the Drama CDs has Kazuki comparing his feelings of losing Soushi to his father's feelings of losing Akane so Kazuki DEFINITELY goes beyond platonic. He also never has a love interest, not in the original, the movie or Exodus.

Soushi on the other hand admits in the Drama CDs that Kazuki is the only reason he is able to fight, Chizuru says that they can fight so well because the desire to be better for each other is extremely strong between them and stabilises them, Fumihiko asks Soushi to support Kazuki emotionally and they stay in a state of crossing for two freaking years.

Not to mention that Maya downright said that she wasn't the one Kazuki wanted and that she keeps insisting on it and that they talk it out. She even says "Shoko probably knew it too" at one point. If anything, she thinks they're a thing.

As for the whole "blushing when Maya walks around naked" thing...that's a pretty normal reaction when someone bursts into a room, boobs hanging out, right? I honestly always thought Soushi was annoyed at the preferential treatment even though he was trying to push them together. Like "Toomi, I'm trying to help you get with him, stop bitching at me and be a little grateful" because he KNEW he wasn't going to make it through Exodus but figured Maya would because, frankly, she is the pilot with the most raw talent.

A la "You take care of him because I can't" while he probably wrote "Kazuki gets all my shit" in his last will.

What I'm saying is, Ubukata ships them more than anyone else ever could and Maya ending up with Kazuki - who doesn't age anymore - would be pretty weird.
Modified by KazeNoChikara, Jan 31, 2017 3:48 PM
Anata wa, soko ni imasu ka?