Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 25, 2009 6:11 PM

Apr 2007
What's your best recommendation for a comedy?

Fumoffu was probably the best comedy I've ever watched. Loved it and have not seen anything top that yet. School Rumble was pretty close, but yeah. FMF > all comedies I've seen lol.

Basic romantic comedies usually satisfy me enough (for I love romance as well). My favorites have been Lovely Complex, Skip Beat!, Toradora and Ouran.

Nov 25, 2009 6:33 PM
Nov 2009
Cromartie High School

romartie is kind of a satire of the juvenile deliquent high-schooler, a stock character in anime and manga. What sets this series apart, though, are some of the wierdest characters around. What do you get when you combine a semi-normal freshman, a mohawk with a life of it's own, a badass talking oildrum, a bald ape, and Freddy Mercury? Total hilarity, duh! Also, unlike some one-trick ponies, the humor in Cromartie seems to work on various levels. For example, the ep. about the song stuck in Kamiyama's head could just be an in-joke about that specific song (which I don't get, not being from Japan and all), or making fun of the way guys hum in that stupid nasal way instead of singing. Or it could just be about how annoying it is to get a song stuck in your head, or all of those things, or... see what I mean! There's definitely not just one idea per ep., and I'm damn sure that I missed or didn't get plenty of jokes, yet still found Cromartie extremely entertaining.

Excel Saga

What sort of anime kills the lead character within one minute of starting? One that can't be taken seriously. The misadventures of ACROSS member Excel Excel and her cohorts is very entertaining. Everything from the Power Rangers to Gundam Wing to Fist of the North Star gets shot at by the Quack Experimental Anime Excel Saga. One of the first animes that was set in recessionary times, it shows what some of the crazier ideas people have to survive (like eating the family dog.) Today's experiment... failed.

adaxialNov 25, 2009 6:38 PM
Nov 25, 2009 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
You should watch Seto no Hanayome from your plan to watch. This is the anime where I've laughed the most often.
Nov 25, 2009 8:52 PM

Aug 2009
Second Seto no Hanayome. Besides, you should consider watching Zero no Tsukaima from your PTW list.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 25, 2009 11:59 PM

Nov 2009
Surprising this wasnt said but Gintama... It has tons of funny moments in it and would probably be alot funnier if you actually spoke Japanese since some reference to Japanese culture/language but still pretty damn funny...

as for romantic comedies practically any romantic comedy gives me a laugh since I just find the unfourtunate predicament the main character walks into all the time pretty funny so since there are too many to list just check my list (though I would ignore ratings since I was too lazy to actually think up ratings so pretty much all random)...

some other series i can think of are probably...

-Clannad series 1 (NOT 2!!!)
-Chobits (I think, a lil fuzzy on the details)
-Special A

And many more, sorry if I was too lazy to be more of a help but... thats me for you.
Nov 26, 2009 8:04 PM

Jun 2009
Jungle Wa Itsumo Hare Nochi Guu
Welcome To NHK (a bit of dark comedy)
Detroit Metal City (pretty harsh but still hilarious in my opinion)
Tokyo Marble Chocolate (short but cute)

Also seconding Seto no Hanayome and Excel Saga

C:
KrioNov 26, 2009 8:07 PM
Recommend me something. ;]
<a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Krio">
Nov 27, 2009 1:39 AM

Jan 2009
seto no hanayome is hilarious

Nov 27, 2009 1:42 AM

Oct 2009
gintama
minami ke
Nov 27, 2009 12:29 PM

Oct 2008
Seto no hanayome

watch it
now
DO IT
Nov 28, 2009 9:21 AM

Sep 2007
My best choice for comedy - you've already started: Yakitate!! Japan. By the time you finish that series, you'll have Abs of Steel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines

More topics from this board

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

25 by Donkunsan »»
6 minutes ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Yesterday

6 by Skuletor »»
Yesterday, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.