Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 13, 2016 9:08 PM

Jul 2013
I kinda found interesting the first 4 episodes, but watching it starting again doesn't appeal me that much... But I guess understanding it better makes it an understandable price to pay.

So, in the first arc girls are mad and kill the boy with the help of villagers. Are they controlled by an entity? Whatìs up with that drug? It let me think there's some kind of organisation testing on them... And we didn't see much about the 2 little girls.

Second arc, parallel universe? Seems things are going the same way, but lighter even if it is near festival day already. Also that scene at the start... Probably more about the little blue haired girl. And most important, if the green haired girl has a twin, was she present in the first arc? At moments she seemed as not knowing things she did and I thought it was crazyness/acting...

Ok, definitly going to watch it >:[
Aug 27, 2016 9:15 PM
Mar 2016
I was correct about the alternate stories. This is interesting and I can't wait to see what leads up to the murders. Some shit is going to hit the fan and I'm looking forward to it
Nov 4, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2016
so we just gonna pretend like the previous episode didn't happen?

k
Nov 21, 2016 5:03 AM

Apr 2016
Pretty interesting visual novel adaptation. Makes me want to play the VN though :(
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Jan 18, 2017 6:17 AM
Jan 2012
windy said:
Kazekage said:
Dont you think this is what happened in between? To me it seems like they have rewinded it to before the festival, to explain things. i dont think the story "resets", they just fill in the holes.
Every arc, time resets to before the festival and a different story is told. The sequel, Kai, really makes this clear, so if anyone is still confused after finishing the first Higger, it really explains it. While posing more questions, of course.
edit: rereading that, it seems kind of vague, but I think if I said something to make it more clear it would be a spoiler. Just know that each story is independent from the others nearly 100% of the time.
Nice. A 9 years old spoiler. Geez.

Funny episode, anyways. An interesting change from the creepiness from the previous two episodes.
Mar 30, 2017 4:29 AM

Dec 2014
I am dropping this series. It started out cool then the whole reset thing ruined everything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2017 12:47 PM

Mar 2017
I am not a big fan of reset buttons... and they've overdone it with the "cutesy fun times" again, which worked the first time when it pulled a twist on us, but the same trick doesn't work twice. Nonetheless I like the characters and will continue watching, but I hope they bring some sense into it and it isn't just an endless cycle of "happy fun times turn into mass murder" without any story or reason.
Sep 5, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2015
Nice fanservice :D Mion/Shion is sexy :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 3, 2018 4:31 AM

Sep 2017
Filler episode??? Anyway, we meet Shion and from the events of previous episode, the villagers ganging up is creepy than the awesome part it should be. Also, Mion looks like a yandere(But I guess all girls in this series are too). You ain't fooling me with those cuteness.

And Mion/Shion is killing Rika. Wonder why.

I am waiting for stuff to continue and Ooishi to return. God, I miss him so much.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jan 30, 2019 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
will it scarier? I want to see some real horror stuff
Feb 19, 2019 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
WHAT WHAT THE FLYING HECK I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHINGg??
May 10, 2019 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
Lmao wtf? They went back in time. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I was expecting a continuous story. Oh well as long as each arc manages to keep my interest I don't mind, it'll be like piecing together the puzzle of a mystery.

Mion having a twin is gonna be double trouble. Also I have my suspicion on the two younger girls, the blue and yellow haired one. We wouldn't be getting so much focus on them if they weren't important.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 13, 2019 10:05 AM
Apr 2016
So, after he died, everything was reset, yet the timeline is different, as now Mion has a twin, and all the events are somewhat twisted. Seems like every citizen of that village is under the demon's control, and seems like the demon is very repulsive towards outsiders. Interesting episode.
Sep 23, 2019 9:58 PM
Apr 2019
Im still confused but seems like each arc has its own timeline, hopefullyit will all connect with each other at the end. The start of this arc was quite slow and i didnt feel the same tension as i did in the first arcs build up, but with that little clip at the start of the episode looks like its too will end in a gory crazy manner im looking forward to it.
Dec 30, 2019 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
Oya? I got really confused. So a new story is starting?

Anyway, I have a weird feeling about watching the gruesome previous episodes and then watching this light hearted EP.

I really thought Mion is having a split personality but she really does have a twin.

What’s with the first scene?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 23, 2020 11:49 PM

Feb 2018
I'm confused, this is a restart?
May 24, 2020 1:11 PM

May 2018
oh no no no no no no no no no no no no no

as soon as I hear the name Shion I start shitting my pants
Jun 24, 2020 9:37 PM

Apr 2020
WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. HAPPENING?? But, I think I get it now. Hmm
RegulusXJun 24, 2020 9:54 PM
Jul 7, 2020 9:47 PM

Aug 2018
Damn I also thought she was lying about the twin haha

Jul 28, 2020 8:19 AM

Feb 2020
wow this episode was confusing. it's like last episode never happened. i wonder where in the timeline this is.

it was cute how the person who gave keichi the bento was mion acting as shion to hide her crush(?). i'm assuming that shion was acting as mion in the last scene so why did they want to switch places? it made sense for them to switch places when keichi was given the bento but why at school?

also, if that was shion acting as mion at school why is she crying?

the first clip though. why is rika involved in all of this and mion.. are you ok?
Aug 7, 2020 4:59 AM

May 2016
Even Shion has a dark side, just when I thought I found a girl I liked.
Sep 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Soooo.... this is like Amagami after all? We'll get a reset every four episodes or so with a different turn of events? Not a fan of this idea so far, let's see how they will execute it.
Sep 13, 2020 2:43 PM
Sep 2020
i think i can explain it, its an alternate timeline. in this timeline, he transfered to the school before shion died
Oct 7, 2020 4:18 AM

Jan 2020
A decent start with the second arc. Looks like it'll be focusing on Mion. And she has a twin sister, huh? Both of them are really cute to be honest. Well, not actually, since we all already know how messed up most of the characters are.
Oct 16, 2020 12:06 AM

Apr 2020
So I guess this is what happened before the last arc, as the blue-haired girl is still practising for her rice ploughing Dance.

Why did both Shion and Mion look down disappointedly? Do they already know that he is going to die?
--AbiSa--
Oct 22, 2020 8:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, damn right! They went back in time when the first episode occured. The hint of the reset matter on these arc at the whole time could be told in the wall clock where it showed a different numbers. The way he didn't even knew the festival, and the whole murderous mystery thing. Well, its really weird but its happening. This was really a typical storyline of the VN thingy. A separated arcs. So i must really braced myself for an obvious confusion!

Well, it seemed on these one, the time of Keiichi for these arc kinda went back deeper than the first arc. By knewing some parts already different from the previous episode. Such as that weekend game, and his coincidental meeting with Mion twin sister. I do really curious about how Keiichi found out about the murderer thing and the mystery behind the festival. And that glimpse screen at the beginning of these episode. Oh my. The madness of Mion might became a real deal on these arc, i guessed. Well, let see the next shit!

Also, yeah, that townspeople scene where they stick much with the little fight of Keiichi, kinda gave me a real image about whats goin on behind them. Its like that gave me an obvious reason why they took so much a minimum action toward all of the serial killer in the past. Because, yeah, one enemy of them became the enemy of everyone. So they might've be in union at it. Interesting part, and intriguing revelations ....
badabassOct 22, 2020 6:07 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2020 5:30 AM

Oct 2016
Hmm, why did Rika kill herself in the beginning. I have many questions but, I am sure they'll be answered as I go on.

It's either this is before all that shit in the first arc went down or this is an alternate timeline, probably the latter. Well I am expecting some more mind fuck let's go.
Nov 25, 2020 4:25 AM
Aug 2020
oh man, Keichi looks like a total dumbass in this outfit
Mar 8, 2021 5:59 PM

May 2020
I think this chapter will probably be centered around Rika just based off of the beginning scene. The introduction of Shion also begs the question of whether it was Mion or Shion laughing in the beginning of the episode.
Apr 3, 2021 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
Yup, I knew it. It's not gonna be just one continuous story, it's gonna adapt different Paths (I assume) from the Visual Novel, and this is a new arc.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2021 2:27 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder why Shion doesn't go to school if they're twins.
Dec 20, 2021 7:30 PM
Dec 2017
Mion really is a good character.

May 30, 2022 10:08 AM
Nov 2020
So are we just gonna pretend episodes 1-4 didn't happen?
May 31, 2022 8:49 PM

Dec 2018
nani the fuck my bros, nani the fuck?
i'm still not even sure wtf happened in the first arc. did he go mad? shid. shid and fard.
Aug 24, 2022 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
So in the opening scene, we can see Rika killing herself. Also from the looks of it, Rika seems a bit grown up here.

Damn, Mion really does have a twin sis called Shion. That kinda changes the plot drastically. What if the twin was the crazy murdering 'Mion' we had been seeing?

This episode was way too lighthearted considering what actually happened in the last episode, i.e. what will take place in the future.

Mar 17, 2023 4:32 PM
Mar 2023
Damn, Mion's my new favorite character now.
Apr 9, 2023 7:19 PM

Dec 2009
In hindsight, it's sad to see through the anime now Keichi give the doll to Rena over Mion, while stating it doesn't fit her.

In the visual novel, Keiichi goes to the maid cafe with his dad after his dad caught him dressed as a maid from the penalty game.
The dialogue includes Keiichi mentioning how big her breasts are to the point of almost slipping out when compliment how good she looks as a maid. He's "teasing" her as payback for the penalty game. 
Even though (at the moment) he's aware that Mion is pretending to be this supposed Shion, in the visual novel, keeping the act with her for her sake, he tells her that maid outfit would never suit someone like Mion, but that works for Shion. 
They part after discussing of his revenge and informing she'll tell "Mion" what happened, including that Mion will have her own revenge on their club activities.
He's also hungry from losing a food contest where the principal ate everything, with nothing ready to eat at home, which is why Mion makes him a lunch. 
The food contest itself is also a hint to Mion's surprisingly great cooking.

Continuing on his unintentional hurtful teasing, when Shion is revealed to Rena, 
he jokes that Shion was born with all the feminine aspects, that she's cute and cheerful, unlike Mion. Which he does again, later before meeting "Shion" again at the bike incident.
At the moment of giving him a lunched box, she (acting as Shion) apologizes for taking his rice at the penalty game, that she got carried away and wasn't trying to be mean, which Keiichi relays he wasn't bothered by at all. 
... He also ponders if Shion is real, wondering if Mion would put a needle, (a faint memory from the first timeline we see) which he doesn't believe she would.

While the villagers do help in scaring the thugs, it's a police officer who gets them away, along with Ooishi.
Even Shion (like Mion, although faint) showed a hate for him. 
And before meeting Mion, Shion and Keiichi actually go to the maid cafe to calm down from the stressful event. In that moment, she "teases" him with options of how he'd choose her over Mion because of how independent and "non-girly" Mion seems.

After they leave (the restaurant), Shion properly introduces herself. Keiichi asks what Mion talks about him, and Shion tells him that she likes him, in the sense of how well they get along.

Throughout all of this, Keiichi acts like Shion is real for fun, while somewhat being confused at moments from feeling how real it is, until he actually meets the two together.
waalex11Apr 10, 2023 12:24 AM
Jun 26, 2023 12:50 AM

Dec 2020
ok interesting it might be different routes? either way i think i know how this is going to play out lol
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Voltlighter - Dec 28, 2007

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.