Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 14, 2015 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly, Akatsuki no Yona is one of the best shoujo out there right now. Glad to see it getting animated and a two cour that is. Although I'm kind of bothered why they're showing Soo-won's visit with General Geun-Tae before Jea-ha's arc.

That's why the question comes in mind, until what part are they adapting?

Is it possible that they would end it with an original ending?
removed-userJan 14, 2015 7:20 AM
Jan 14, 2015 8:07 AM

May 2013
Another Dragon joins the group. Next up is the Greed Dragon. It looks like he's an interesting one. I hope we get to see him after 2 or 3 episodes.
Jan 14, 2015 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
I thought this was a weaker episode tbh. First Yona feels faint and it's >>>drama<<<, then she feels fine again and it's >>>more drama<<<. It seemed a bit silly to me. I'm also a bit picky about Sinha being a kuudere, but I can live with it. I like the name Yona picked for him. I also thought Yona's insistence that Hak call her "Princess" was interesting.

As much as people are complaining about how this is slow paced, I actually wish the pacing was even slower. We could spend more time developing the dragons and their relationships to their villages, Yona's growth, the group dynamic, etc. Though it would probably have to be a long runner for that to work...

(I still wish this was a long runner. ;-;)

Anyway, decent, if somewhat rushed wrap-up episode. Off to the Green Dragon.

babymimi said:
I love how Yona allows everyone to call her by her name expect for Hak.
Shin-ah is my favorite dragon so far due to my obsession with the color blue & although he has awesome eyes I don't want him to take his mask off, it looks nice :/
Still loving this series, it even gets better each week ugh I hope it never ends... Now I'm ready to see the Green Dragon next.

FTFY. :3
Jan 14, 2015 1:00 PM

Oct 2008
I expected Green for next week so much since he's my favorite but the earth tribe chaps are good and give the much needed exposition to Soo woon. I can wait. Overall the adaption is really good and the direction for Shin Ah episodes was superb.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 14, 2015 1:28 PM

Feb 2009

Is it possible that they would end it with an original ending?[/quote]

I mentioned this in an earlier comment, but I imagine

Also, if they choose to do an original ending, I will set my hair on fire. But I get the feeling this show will be popular enough to continue beyond the first season, much like Saiunkoku Monogatari or Kamisama Hajimemashita.
Jan 14, 2015 2:46 PM

Dec 2014
Love this episode. This series is wonderful. The nighttime scenery with the shining moon was beautiful and made me think of the gorgeous scenery in "Princess Mononoke".
Jan 14, 2015 3:11 PM

May 2009
This show is better than I thought. The pacing is perfect for me, the characters are all very interesting and the plot is good as well.
The most suprising person has to be Yona. At first I didn't like her at all but her character slowly becomes nicer and more intelligent.

Hak x Yona btw. Hak (still) has to be my favorite male character. *o*

Anyway great episode. I love the name Yona gave to the Blue Dragon. (:
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 14, 2015 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Not that i dislike Akatsuki no Yona or want it to change or anything, but consider this for a moment:

The moment she takes the Blue Dragons hand, Yona turns to stone and crumbles.

Now *that* would be a major plot twist. I bet people would still claim they "knew" it would come to this, but be honest, nobody would have *expected* something like this after 13 episodes and with a lot more (finding the other dragons and getting them to come with Yona) already laid out.

What turn would the show take at such a point? And how many people would rage quit? Would MAL survive, with people bombarding it with request, trying to vent their anger here in the episode discussion?
Jan 14, 2015 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
They’re finally out! I really felt bad for Hak when he hugged her and I have no idea why. The furball monster bit was hilarious, I was waiting for it. This soundtrack is the best! Especially when Hak and Yona were by the river.
Jan 15, 2015 1:25 AM

Oct 2011
Yona gave Shin Ah his name T___T
Jan 15, 2015 2:20 AM

Mar 2013
Another great episode,
love the blue dragon.....Shin......
Jan 15, 2015 7:18 AM

May 2010
Shin deciding to join Yona and him not needing the bells as his 'friends' made me almost teary-eyed. Such a powerful scene.

Loved when Kija asked Shin to call him aniki and he ran away. LOL.

"Thank you, Yona." I bet everyone wants to call Yona now.

Yun wanting to call Yona by her name was cute.

That Hak x Yona moment <3

So Shin Ah means moonlight. Him running away is going to become an ongoing gag, I think. A lovable one.
Jan 15, 2015 1:34 PM
Jan 2015
I loved this episode so much, I don't know why, but I really cried a lot during episode 13 and episode 14. When the former Blue dragon didn't allow him to have fun or play as a kid, I cried rivers. This anime is really emotional to me. This kid was so lonely all of his life, I just feel this fictional's characters tears frozen in his heart. A big disappointment frozen in time. And I cried rivers when I saw Yona give him Hope and a feeling of loved friendship. Shin-Ah can finally have some friends, and I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE THAT! Congratulations for the Producers of this Anime, you do know how to portray emotions without displaying them, that story of Blue Dragon alone is like an emotion of its own
Jan 15, 2015 7:42 PM

Nov 2014
Shin-ah was super cute and I really like the meaning of his name :D Poor Hak though, he keeps getting rejected basically. I seriously love Hak omg. I think the chibi thing is a little overdone and placed at weird parts, so it sort of ruins those moments. Like at the beginning of the series I thought it was cute, but now it's just plain overused. The next episode looks super good though!! They sure are moving on to the green dragon quickly... I wonder what's going to happen with Soowon?
Jan 16, 2015 12:01 AM

Jan 2008
this was a really good episode but there really hasnt been an episode that wasnt good for the series yet so far i have enjoyed it from start to current one of the only shows that from last season i look forward to every week this new airing season there is more but since Yona started last season that is why i say it the way that i did....

Both dragons are hotties though so is Hak but I really enjoy this anime alot each week gets better n better my only complaint is the episodes never seem to be long enough there always over before i know it n it feels like not enough has been explained but yeah other then that loving the anime
Jan 16, 2015 10:17 AM

Feb 2014
Omg Ao is so adorable!!! ^-^ although it's kinda funny because sometimes when he's squeaking he sounds like he's saying: "F**k you!"

I loved the part when the cave wall broke, and Gija rushed in to protect Yona, but then a hug rock smashed him in the head. I wonder if that's why he's sick xD Also the blue dragon approached the white dragon with an axe but Yun and Yona just casually walked away :p this anime is actually pretty funny.

Yaay the blue dragon finally joins the party!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2015 10:15 PM
Aug 2011
I feel like the visuals were so much nicer here. The moon scene was gorgeous.

Ao and Shinah's interactions are really cute. Looks like I found the best boy.
Jan 17, 2015 8:02 AM

Mar 2013
Shinra and Ao are sooo cute~ <3
I just love the comedy in this anime. When Hak placed the towel over Kija's face xDD "Rest in peace."
Jan 18, 2015 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
wow this episode was so nice overall
I love every character on the team so far
Jan 18, 2015 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
For someone who doesn't say much, Blue Dragon is pretty funny. Funniest moment for me is when Kija told him to call him "brother" and then Shinah ran away. rofl.

I so want Yona's harem. ;___;
Jan 19, 2015 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
Gosh, I am consistently amazed by how charming and loveable Yona is. She is easily one of my favorite heroines. ><

I already like Shin-Ah a lot, too. His gentleness and quietness contrasts the other members of the group very well, and his personality is a perfect match for his background. I'm glad he was depicted as he is; it's natural for someone who was treated as an outcast ans isolated for virtually his entire life to have some pretty severe socialization issues. And I really, really love the touch of him using the mask to protect himself... like a mental guard that gives him comfort against the outside world. A mental placation, as if as long as he's wearing that mask, he's protected. I truly know how that feels.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 19, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2009
Wonderful! I love Shin-ah and Ao!
Jan 19, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2014
All I can say so far is that I'm so impressed at how well they're following the manga! I'm really enjoying this anime adaptation :D Now, why can't other series have anime adaptations that actually follow the superior manga plot?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2015 4:05 AM

Jan 2014
All of them are so kawaii. D'aww. Sinha especially. 'Moonlight'. Me likey.
Jan 28, 2015 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
KageNoAbisu said:
All I can say so far is that I'm so impressed at how well they're following the manga! I'm really enjoying this anime adaptation :D Now, why can't other series have anime adaptations that actually follow the superior manga plot?

Some shows when receive anime adaptation, isn't because they are popular, on contrary, they are losing popularity and its a way to sells more manga/light novels. Because off that, they don't know if the anime adaptation will sell well, so basically they try turn the anime interesting to sell.

Apparently on Akatsuki no yona, seeing how they are adapting so well, this one is popular on Japan? I am not sure but seems that is the case of this one.
Feb 14, 2015 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
I LOVE SHIN-AH HOLY SHIT.

I can't decide who's my favorite anymore - him or Hak!! Both had great moments this episode. Got teary eyed at multiple scenes. Even Yun showed some growth too. I love this team sooooo much. ;_; I'm so happy Shin-ah is happy.
Feb 26, 2015 10:26 PM
Jun 2013
Not much of a talker I guess lol

They made it into a big moment where he continues to acknowledge she is the daughter of king II, but am I the only one who couldn't help but see that as drop kicking him back in the friend zone?

It's interesting that everyone on this journey so far, except for Hak, has basically never really been in the "outside" world.
Feb 27, 2015 8:01 PM

Jul 2012
Every time the show has character development, I start tearing up. It's magnificant to see top notch writing.
Mar 1, 2015 7:46 PM

Mar 2008
Shin ah, Yun and Ao are my holy trinity <3 All three are too cute for words!
Mar 9, 2015 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
Sinha...moonlight...this is why I love other languages. There's so much meaning in that name. Sinha's chapter was very heartwarming and thinking back to his childhood made it end on a less bittersweet note. His enigmatic, silent nature makes him hilarious. "He's trying to drown himself!" That was gold.
Mar 14, 2015 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
Melancholy tale, sweet and funny, I love it.
Not bad even the plot that still room introspection of all the protagonists.
Drawings and animations good.
Mar 16, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
Rayzer said:
All I can say a perfect manga adaptation! But why Studio Pierrot can't do the same with Tokyo Ghoul?
It's because of the limited amount of episodes they were given to adapt the manga. If they were given the right amount of time for TG, I'm sure they would've done a good job.

Still hoping some romance will start to develop between Yona and Hak soon.
Mar 24, 2015 12:16 AM

Sep 2011
Shin-Ah finally gets a name and friends. Also Hak calling her princess has a meaning that it doesn't for the others.
Apr 28, 2015 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
Shin-ah is so precious.. I just want to hold him in my arms T^T
May 24, 2015 4:52 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my god i'm in love with this anime. Never thought before i'd say this for a shoujo
And btw, YONA X HAK TO THE END

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jul 6, 2015 2:02 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty boring episode I guess. And I still can't stand Blue dragon's meekness.
Jul 23, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2013
Blue Dragon is a better character than the White One.

I must say I like the group so far. I'm very interesed in seeing other dragons, hence I'm sticking with this show
Sep 28, 2015 6:31 PM

Jul 2013
That's a nice name for the Blue Dragon - Shin-ah (moonlight).

Haha I laughed when Yun called Yona with her normal name and not princess. Everyone especially Hak wanted to call her also this way. And again a really nice scene between Hak and Yona, they're a such a cute pair.

Next episode we see Su-won again? Hmmm....let's see.

Oct 24, 2015 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
Falroth said:
notsomacho said:
This show is sooo good

I fucking love Hak. He'd better get the princess by the end of this or I'm gonna through a hissy fit

I'm in that same boat, I really want Hak x Yona ending

This.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Oct 25, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
Shin-ah <3

Feb 2, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
its frustrating alright. at least seiryuu has a name now! that was nice.

I wish the pacing was better? idk how to say it but i have been dozing off while watching, fun times.
Mar 4, 2016 3:32 AM

Sep 2015
I think this is the best shoujo I've ever seen,very pleased! :-)
Mar 9, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 2016
What a great episode! Hak is such a boss---bursting through the wall all by himself. And all the feels this episode, Seiryuu deciding to travel with Yona, realizing that he no longer needs the Talisman of the original Ao, and when he gets his new name "Shinah". I have to admit, I was very skeptical of AnY because it is a shoujo series but I am liking it more and more.

Oh and Green Dragon? Must be a pot-smoker...
NathanielKeehlMar 9, 2016 10:53 AM
Apr 3, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2012
Moonlight nice name u came up with , best thing princess has done so far , the new ending is even better than first

May 17, 2016 9:18 AM

Jun 2013
SINHA IS SO CUTE. c:

Hak got "princess zone".

But nah, he's a unique one because he's the only one who can call her that. She lost her father, her people and her kingdom except for her childhood friend, and that is no other than Hak. He's the only one who knows about her "royal life" back then. She just wants to be remembered that she's still the princess.

So I'm really rooting for Hak x Yona.
Aug 20, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2014
Finally, something good happens to that guy!
Sep 15, 2016 6:04 PM

May 2014
Awwww Shin-ah is so FRIGGIN CUTE! And his seiyuu~<3

Nov 29, 2016 3:24 PM

May 2015
AWwwwwww, blue dragon got a name. Good for him. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 23, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2015
I'm liking the consistency in the art/drawing of this show... so far is god-tier quality...
Jul 22, 2017 8:28 AM

Mar 2014
shin-ah finally has a name! I feel so bad for him though, having to live shunned, friendless and with that mask on for all these years
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.