Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 2015 6:26 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fortunately, he shut his eyes to show he doesn't intend to stone them before getting the mask. Try to escape and care for the princess, Seiyuu use more action than speaking. Childhood guy digged faster than them. Like that little animal, the princess understands him. The bell fell when left, but he didn't pick up as he doesn't need it.

lol @ BL feeling between Hakuryuu & Seiryuu because Hakuryuu was being overtired and flushing. After Seiryuu calling the princess by her name, everyone wants to be more close to her. Only the childhood guy was told to call her Princess so that she can remember where she's from. She finally thought of Seiryuu's name, Shin-ah, which means moonlight. After a night's rest, Hakuryuu finally can sense Ryokuryuu.

Cousin guy's turn next? Also new OP and ED finally (http://www.marv.jp/special/yona/news.html#n043).
tsubasaloverJan 16, 2015 12:53 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 13, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Escaping without danger, Hak looked pretty awesome when he bursted through the wall. Blue Dragon agreeing to follow Yona through her journey. :/ Not remembering the face of the person he valued so much, glad the endless cycle was finally put into an end!

Ki-ja overreacting to Blue Dragon's action was hilarious xD

Hak being the only one having to call her Princess, feels more special than anything! Feels nice to see how Yona faces her past through this way too.

To mean moonlight seems pretty wonderful, a silent guide that illuminates the night sky. The Green Dragon being next, I tend to think green often means hyperactive.
Jan 13, 2015 8:39 AM

Apr 2014
All I can say a perfect manga adaptation! But why Studio Pierrot can't do the same with Tokyo Ghoul?
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 13, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2011
Overall a slow yet meaningful episode. For some reason, I find the name calling part to be cute. And right now, we have the Blue Dragon joining the group, an important part imo since his skills could be quite valuable for their journey.

That Hak hug though.
Jan 13, 2015 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
Lol the forest stuff was great.

Finally next time the young King and his Generals get some screen time.
Jan 13, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2013
Loved this episode!^^
Blue Dragon is soo cute with his shy behaviour. Ki-ja trying to be the big bro was really funny. ><
Jan 13, 2015 9:19 AM
Mar 2014
Rayzer said:
All I can say a perfect manga adaptation! But why Studio Pierrot can't do the same with Tokyo Ghoul?

That's because the director and staff of Akatsuki no yona are different. I don't think it's just Pierrot's fault.
Jan 13, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2008
Aww Blue Dragon finally has a name! Great episode :)
Jan 13, 2015 9:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was the best episode of this series. I think, this just elevated the series to new heights.
Jan 13, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2010
Why is this series so good >.<!!

Lol'd at Hak and Kija's interactions as usual :P Throwing a towel on his face saying "RIP" XDXD

Shin-Ah (Seems HS decided to use Sinha) calling Yona by her name and the reactions was so fun XD

Some may think Hak was just totally "Call me Hime" Zoned but that scene was way too serious to be interpreted like that. The meaning behind it showed how special Hak is rather than zone him ^^ Amazing depiction of the emotions. And Dat VAing!

The scenery during the Shin-Ah naming scene was so beautiful! And Shin-Ah telling Ao his name was really sweet :3

Yun's conversation with Yona was really nice too.

Can't wait for the nxt ep. Liked that part in the manga :3
Jan 13, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2014
Oh Blue Dragon now has a name, so next is the green dragon, so I'm guessing that Green Dragon is an asshole.
Jan 13, 2015 10:20 AM
Apr 2013
Wonderful, sweet episode. I'm a little sad he abandoned those bells, but I guess it's finally time to let go of the past.

Green dragon is next! My favorite one.
Jan 13, 2015 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
Loved it. I can't get enough of my Yona. Dat personal conflict was real yo. And Sinha is a perfect name for the Blue Dragon. Next week looks to bring a bit more of the action and comedy back rather than the sad and dark atmosphere of the Blue Dragon arc.
Jan 13, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2013
Another wonderful episode!
I love the Blue Dragon <3 He is so cute and adorable and I like his character. As Yona said, he is gentle and warm. And the forrest part was interesting.

Jan 13, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
deanzel said:
Loved it. I can't get enough of my Yona.

Damn right. Yona is by far one of the best female MC in a shoujo.

The romance seems like is progressing,that's good.
Jan 13, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
Another great episode. That scenery at the end with the moon was striking and Shin-ah is a perfect name for the blue dragon.

Unlike Yoon and the dragons, Hak's relationship with Yona goes much deeper and calling her by her title so they both won't forget is really meaningful.

Atram151Jan 13, 2015 11:13 AM
Jan 13, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Tres_Bandidas said:
Oh Blue Dragon now has a name, so next is the green dragon, so I'm guessing that Green Dragon is an asshole.

Why would u think Green is an asshole? I'll just say he's the freedom loving type :P
Jan 13, 2015 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode as always. Nice pacing. Shin-ah will lose his mask eventually.
Jan 13, 2015 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Blue Dragon finally decide to join Yona and her crew on a journey. Good to see that he has a name now.
Jan 13, 2015 12:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shin-ah is too precious >< I understand why Yona would cry at the thought that no one else in his village is willing to understand Shin-ah's kindness. He's happy that he's finally gotten a name, and unlike anyone else, the name is something he will treasure. There's a lot of things people would want to treasure, tangible or not, but because everyone else was given a name when they were born, they wouldn't know how much it means to Shin-ah. I like that. He also looked so beautiful in the moonlight. Was a pretty scene.

One of the parts that had always left me a deep impression was the one where Yona tells Hak that he has to call her Princess, even if no one else does. Her reasoning behind it is really meaningful too. But yes, Hak will never forget that Yona is King Il's daughter. I really love their relationship. Also that huuuug <3

But hmm, was expecting a new ED since it's already into the second half. Or were they trolling with that announcement? :P

Edit: Wait nvm just checked to see the episode numbering...I thought it was going to be 24/25 episodes for some reason. Or is it just because two cours is not specific enough to know the number of episodes. Well there's no rule for when the second ED should start I guess.
tingyJan 13, 2015 12:39 PM
Jan 13, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2009
Has anybody else read the manga? According to the preview for next week, they're going back to Soo-Won... I'm confused as to why the animators chose to skip to chapter 44 to show Soo-Won and General Geun-Tae already..... Any ideas? I was really looking forward to seeing Ryoukuryuu next week. (T_T)

Oh well, it'll come eventually.

Also, in regards to this episode: SHIN-AH IS PRECIOUS. (*_*)
Jan 13, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2010
Havent had this much fun with a shoujo since kaichou wa maid-sama.

seems like they'll keep the best dragon for last.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 13, 2015 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
Moonlight-san should just say something dammit. His not saying anything makes for some amusing scenes though. I like how Hak teases Kija. Lol blaming him for what's happening to Sinha. The comedy continues to feel nice.

Everyone wants to call the hime-sama by her name. So much jealousy. I like how Yona stops Hak from calling her by her name. She wants at least someone to remember that she was the daughter of the late king Il. That was nice.

Green Dragon man looks like he'll be a Hak-like guy. Judging by his looks in the OP and ED, I'd say that he looks like a leader type guy, not like Kija but a total badass. Would be great to have another cool character other than Hak.
Jan 13, 2015 1:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
bwflonesoldier said:
Has anybody else read the manga? According to the preview for next week, they're going back to Soo-Won... I'm confused as to why the animators chose to skip to chapter 44 to show Soo-Won and General Geun-Tae already..... Any ideas? I was really looking forward to seeing Ryoukuryuu next week. (T_T))

Oh yeah, no wonder I thought, "wait, we're already at Soo-Won and Geun-Tae?" Dang that's a lot of chapters in between...hmm. Maybe it's because they still want to include going back to Soo-Won (since you know, he gets a lot of hate and he need some chara development), but they don't want to end the anime at that point. Assuming there's no anime original ending, I can see them ending it around when (minor spoiler)
at this pacing instead of Soo-Won visiting Geun-Tae.
Jan 13, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2007
As expected Shin-ah is so adorable haha. And I have to say, Hak and Yona's silent hug after he rescued her was beautiful. I'm glad it was kept simple. So many other great moments too, but I'll leave it at that

The preview was so disappointing though, I'm tired of waiting for the green dragon ;__; I ended up reading ahead a liiiiiiiittle bit in the manga and he's my favorite already (Hak is a close second), don't tempt me to read more by making me wait pls
Jan 13, 2015 2:30 PM
Mar 2014
tingy said:
Shin-ah is too precious >< I understand why Yona would cry at the thought that no one else in his village is willing to understand Shin-ah's kindness. He's happy that he's finally gotten a name, and unlike anyone else, the name is something he will treasure. There's a lot of things people would want to treasure, tangible or not, but because everyone else was given a name when they were born, they wouldn't know how much it means to Shin-ah. I like that. He also looked so beautiful in the moonlight. Was a pretty scene.

One of the parts that had always left me a deep impression was the one where Yona tells Hak that he has to call her Princess, even if no one else does. Her reasoning behind it is really meaningful too. But yes, Hak will never forget that Yona is King Il's daughter. I really love their relationship. Also that huuuug <3

But hmm, was expecting a new ED since it's already into the second half. Or were they trolling with that announcement? :P

Edit: Wait nvm just checked to see the episode numbering...I thought it was going to be 24/25 episodes for some reason. Or is it just because two cours is not specific enough to know the number of episodes. Well there's no rule for when the second ED should start I guess.

Next week we will have new OP and ED, i think that's the official twitter say.
WokwokJan 13, 2015 2:33 PM
Jan 13, 2015 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Ohh I loved it, the passing was simply great.
Shina uh. For a second I thought that it would be Sora or similar.
Well, Shina's quite unique.
Jan 13, 2015 3:09 PM

Aug 2013
Akatsuki no Yona continue on his good character devellopement. Yona is such the sweetest princess ever :3

Shin-Ah finally got a name, with a poetic touch. He seemed pleased, running into the field like a kawaii~~ little girl.

Those people really were a bunch of bitch, after he saved all their little ass... Yona being all nice to them, she shouldn't have.

Hak also finally got a bit of attention, being her only reminder that she once was a princess and that she once had a loving father.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 13, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
Nice episode. Really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to episode 15.

minouneetzoe said:
He seemed pleased, running into the field like a kawaii~~ little girl.

I thought the same as well.
Jan 13, 2015 3:20 PM

Jan 2014
this is going well... enjoying this one a lot more since the season ended
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jan 13, 2015 3:24 PM

Jun 2014
This show is just so good. Still quite slow. But so good. AND SO PRETTY. That moonlight naming scene and Yona and Hak by the river/lake thing. Also, White dragon TOTALLY protected Yona from having her face caved in by that rock. And i don't think ANYONE noticed.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 13, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2009
Series has been slow lately, but this was a wonderful episode.
Jan 13, 2015 4:24 PM
Nov 2013
Yay, Blue Dragon joined the group! He's very quirky, I can honestly say he's my favorite character at the moment. Yona steadily becoming a great leader. Green Dragon next!

Perfect episode. The pacing was really good and the animation looked great as well.
Jan 13, 2015 4:42 PM
Jul 2014
The moonlight naming scene was really beautiful. Sinah is indeed a good name.
Jan 13, 2015 5:02 PM

May 2013
I feel like the OP keeps changing argh why don't I notice

Always love the cartoons, cute and funny <3

His headdress is that big? xD Ah wait.. so it appears

And they're on the move again! Woah bromance haha, or more like a brother complex~

Okay.. it's a LOT bigger than I expected

Nice Yun x Yona bonding time, so freaking adorable

Sinha? Doesn't sound Japanese... in fact it's been bothering me for a while that this anime in general doesn't seem to take place in Japan. Some of the names and other aspects of the characters such as clothing and the buildings remind me of Korea. Is it just me??
Jan 13, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
This show is sooo good

I fucking love Hak. He'd better get the princess by the end of this or I'm gonna through a hissy fit
Jan 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Hak only pulls those jokes because he wants Yona to think herself as a normal girl even though deep inside he will always consider her as a princess over a normal girl. Harboring feelings for her from a young age, he grew up knowing that he is never meant for her because of his status. Sadly though...

Not that it really matters but I just check the MAL score for AkaYona each week and I don't get disappointed, since it's always climbing. One of the most underrated shows.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 13, 2015 7:19 PM

Feb 2009
tingy said:
bwflonesoldier said:
Has anybody else read the manga? According to the preview for next week, they're going back to Soo-Won... I'm confused as to why the animators chose to skip to chapter 44 to show Soo-Won and General Geun-Tae already..... Any ideas? I was really looking forward to seeing Ryoukuryuu next week. (T_T))

Oh yeah, no wonder I thought, "wait, we're already at Soo-Won and Geun-Tae?" Dang that's a lot of chapters in between...hmm. Maybe it's because they still want to include going back to Soo-Won (since you know, he gets a lot of hate and he need some chara development), but they don't want to end the anime at that point. Assuming there's no anime original ending, I can see them ending it around when (minor spoiler)
at this pacing instead of Soo-Won visiting Geun-Tae.

I can see that!:) I guess I'll just have to cope with no Jae-Ha for a little while.

Jan 13, 2015 8:05 PM

Jul 2014
This show deserves better ratings, it keeps getting better and better
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jan 13, 2015 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
hak mocking the white dragon , also shinah telling Ao he had a name :(((

Jan 13, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Yona + Hak 4EVER
Jan 13, 2015 10:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wokwok said:

Next week we will have new OP and ED, i think that's the official twitter say.

Oh okay, thanks for the info! Wow, new OP too? Kind of wasn't expecting that, though I guess AnY has a pretty good budget. Anyways, I wonder if it's another instrumental OP. Looking forward to hearing and seeing them next week ^^

bwflonesoldier said:

I can see that!:) I guess I'll just have to cope with no Jae-Ha for a little while.

That's even better than my idea haha. Hopefully that's the case then, and hopefully we can get a season two >< Either way, I'm kind of glad they're giving Soo-won some much needed screen time since the manga is so good with character development and it would be sad if people complain that he didn't get any.
Jan 13, 2015 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
The blue dragon is so shy, so we won't see Hak teasing him which is my favourite part of the anime :(
I hope he gets more comfortable and starts talking with the whole group.

Next dragon is GREEN! White is silly, blue is quite, would the green be someone with huge ego?
Jan 13, 2015 11:49 PM
Feb 2014
There were a couple of silly moments which were meh... for me. Some of the comedic scenes felt a little off this time. Also, the way Shinha left the village didn't feel quite right. I couldn't quite follow how and why he decided to follow the princess and I didn't quite feel like the animosity between the villagers n him got resolved.

But this episode also had some really really strong and meaningful scenes too.

The combindation of music and VAing for Ao (previous blue dragon, not the squirrel) for the scene where the Shinha leaves his bells and finally moves on was amazing. Jeez, my eyes stung a bit hearing the heartbreak in his voice.

The scene with Yun finally acknowledging the princess and apologizing for his prejudice was nicely timed and felt really natural. Him calling her 'Yona' after that also felt really natural.

I liked how they slowly built up to the 'call me princess' scene. With Shinha calling her Yona first, then Yun wanting to call her Yona, and when she was looking at the reflection and contemplating what her life was like such that she could so easily accept being called by her name, so that by the time she finally made the request, it felt really natural and meaningful. (Natural again, but I can't think of another word to describe how well they wrote in the scenes). It also helped that the music and atmosphere of the scene was really well done (props to the production team)

Yona's request to Hak to call her princess was really powerful. She's changed a lot since her royalty days, and u could say that she doesn't dislike her current lifestyle surrounded by ppl she trusts and loves, but she still doesn't want to forget her duty and her origins. It also shows how special Hak's relationship to her is.

And finally, Shinha's name. Ah, that scene was really nicely done. One of the most beautifully done scenes I've seen.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jan 14, 2015 12:21 AM

Nov 2011
Rayzer said:

I'm sure it's because it was shit to boot with.
Jan 14, 2015 12:56 AM

Jun 2013
This is so freaking slow paced
Jan 14, 2015 1:09 AM

Jan 2014
Boy, that was a heavy arc, but enjoyable nevertheless. Blue Dragon finally receiving his name, was a touching moment. He is a strange and funny character from the way he tries to show his appreciation from the warm approach of Yona & Gija.

Can't wait to see Shinha's ability with his sword, his cameo appearance earlier in the series with the others in battle got me hyped.

Jan 14, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
I love how Yona allows everyone to call her by her name expect for Hak.
Shin-ah is my favorite dragon so far due to my obsession with the color blue & although he has awesome eyes I don't want him to take his mask off, it looks nice :/
Still loving this series, it even gets better each week ugh I hope it never ends... Now I'm ready to see the Green Dragon next.
Jan 14, 2015 4:56 AM

May 2013
Yay! Seiryuu has a name now! Though I forgot what was the meaning again haha. Lmao at Hak's RIP, such a joker!

Man, I wish they showed how Shin-ah and Ao (the squirrel) met but my memory seems hazy when did they met again. Oh well.

Since, I finally understand what changes are they're talking about, switching Volume 7 & 8, so more Soo-won and this is a 2-cour show
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 14, 2015 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
notsomacho said:
This show is sooo good

I fucking love Hak. He'd better get the princess by the end of this or I'm gonna through a hissy fit

I'm in that same boat, I really want Hak x Yona ending
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.