Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2007 3:52 AM

Mar 2007
Decent episode, though it was pretty cute.
I really hope for Aono to be able to get home soon too, she's just overly cute(?).
And I did hear a desu!
SobzobAug 8, 2008 6:02 AM
Apr 30, 2007 4:29 AM

Mar 2007
I agree, certainly a nice episode, specially with Aono, even tough she always throw those fluffy dolls in the basket, she gotten attached too it and even remember how many.
I hope indeed Aono get dismissed from the hospital soon aswell and get home, though there will be quite some confussing if she gets home and see the mysterious girl.
Apr 30, 2007 5:00 AM

Oct 2006
Still thinking it's moving way to slow... well at least we got some background on the characters I guess.
I'm thinking that small girl is the same as Matsuri... after all she stays in a box during the day and only comes out at night... to dine.. so far..
Apr 30, 2007 6:02 AM

Mar 2007
Yeah there are resemblance between Aono and Matsuri, but that kinda came too the light in episode 2 a 3 I think when she said that the curtain wasn't allowed to open.

But can't be totally sure yet, the answers are still to cloudy if you ask me, think that when Aono gets out we actually get too see the answers.
Apr 30, 2007 6:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It was certainly a pretty episode. Besides from what has already been said, I'm also curious what they've planned since it's indeed moving a bit slow. But who knows, they might throw in some episodes full of action. Still liking it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 30, 2007 6:23 AM

Mar 2007
Well, the action should be getting soon or it will just be at the end, it aint a big anime after all, and considering that small blond one seems to be the enemy of Matsuri somehow, I think the action starts the moment that Aono gets out hospital and that basically through them that guy gets the lead of where Matsuri has been hiding, sort of that is and that the action starts from there.
Apr 30, 2007 8:46 PM

Jan 2007
Koyori was sooooooo cute. Other than that, ok episode. Still moving to slow and not enough Matsuri. Looking forward to next episode especially since that one guy noticed Yorito at the end.
Apr 30, 2007 10:13 PM

Mar 2007
Yeah but what´s the deal with that, I haven´t seen the guy doing research futher on Yorito what his reltion is with Matsuri, so why would he be looking with such a cramped face if he doesn´t know the deal with this Yorito.
Ofcourse it gonna make the next episode probably very interresting, but its kinda fague how he get like that without any details.
May 1, 2007 10:24 PM

Mar 2005
I have to say that episode was...quite underwhelming. I understand this was written by the same person from Kanon, but I didn't expect Kanon-like storytelling in such a way that every character had her own story. I thought it was just one main story revolving around Matsuri and all the other characters are there for support. This sub-story episode really caught me off-guard, yet it would have been fine if it was really a sad meaningful episode. Instead this episode didn't have nearly as much impact as any of Kanon's stories...so instead it felt lame to me.

I'm starting to complain about how slow things are too. I don't mind if the plot is slow but if the same things happen over and over (the guy and the "doll" always eating at that restaurant) then it's not slow-paced, it's wasting time. in a 13 episode series time is a luxury that shouldn't be wasted.

oh well, this has really been the only episode that really disappointed me so far. Hopefully it's just a small fluke. Moar Matsuri! Moar Mamiko~
May 2, 2007 6:45 AM

Mar 2007
Well I am mostly bugged a bit about Aono being in that hospital too long 2 episodes max 3 episodes are fine by me but after 4 episodes she is still there and then yeah that guy with the little girl in restaurant I want them too make a move or something.

I can hardly imagine how they wanna make it really sweet with action in just 9 more episodes.
Jun 12, 2007 3:31 AM

Feb 2007
I am really unsure about what to think of this anime at the moment. It's been 4 episodes (i would usually give it a score by now) and i'm not quite sure what to think of it. I really hope either Aono gets of the hospital in Episode 5, or the goatee guy finds Yorito again.
Nov 24, 2007 12:56 AM

Jun 2007
well, it seems like this episode wasnt really good for me either..

this episode needed more matsuri... and aono is ok
Feb 23, 2008 10:59 PM

May 2007
This epieode feels like it is killing time till it starts and in a 13 episode series that is not good.
My anime list
Apr 5, 2008 8:31 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, hahaha! Well, I'm getting kinda used to it lately. So, it's okay for me now to watch it at this pace.
Aug 8, 2008 5:59 AM

Nov 2007
mmpff, nothing happened, sometimes the rain outside was more interesting.. But I still like this anime somehow. The "evil" guy and little girl should make a move the next ep..
Dec 21, 2008 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
I have no problem with the point that it's going slow.
I like it anyway. Koyori is so cute and nice. :3
Jan 8, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
Cute and pretty ep.
De-JaY said:
I have no problem with the point that it's going slow.
I like it anyway. Koyori is so cute and nice. :3

Neither do I.
Marathoners might think othwrwise, maybe ;)

kei-clone said:
I have to say that episode was...quite underwhelming. I understand this was written by the same person from Kanon, but I didn't expect Kanon-like storytelling in such a way that every character had her own story. I thought it was just one main story revolving around Matsuri and all the other characters are there for support. This sub-story episode really caught me off-guard, yet it would have been fine if it was really a sad meaningful episode. Instead this episode didn't have nearly as much impact as any of Kanon's stories...so instead it felt lame to me.

I'm starting to complain about how slow things are too. I don't mind if the plot is slow but if the same things happen over and over (the guy and the "doll" always eating at that restaurant) then it's not slow-paced, it's wasting time. in a 13 episode series time is a luxury that shouldn't be wasted.

oh well, this has really been the only episode that really disappointed me so far. Hopefully it's just a small fluke. Moar Matsuri! Moar Mamiko~

You need to remember that this, Sola, is adapted from a manga, not a dynamic visual novel, like in Kanon's case.
Moar Matsuri~ <=== I totally agree with that though!
May 6, 2009 6:44 PM

May 2008
Pretty good episode, a little slow but still pretty good. Nice to see Matsuri has a weird taste for the dolls as well.
May 7, 2009 5:48 AM

May 2008
Not bad , i kinda got into the mood but they needa show more matsuri

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 1, 2009 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
Cute episode ^^ Finally some movement in the story (or at least not pure slice-of-life) and we got to know a little of Koyori and Aono's past.

Jun 23, 2009 4:09 PM

Jun 2009
Hmmm,, this is the second episode in a row where nothing happens =(
But I'm gonna keep watching =),, verry patiencly untill the little girl and the guy make a move,,
until then I'll just watch all the cute characters and all the other beautifull drawings =)
Aug 4, 2009 12:09 AM

Dec 2008
I have a feeling something sad is going to happen at some point in this series.
Dec 3, 2009 10:21 PM

Jun 2008
Sobzob said:

And I did hear a desu!

Jun 4, 2010 8:50 AM

Nov 2008
Nothing exciting happened in this episode. But it was cute though, I felt like someone was going to get killed at some point.
Jul 14, 2010 10:01 AM

Jan 2010
man,either i am in a bad mood or this episode seemed very average to me :\
i don't care for either Yuki Nagato #2 or Kokoro #2 to enjoy this episode :-)

this needs more Matsuri :D

3/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 14, 2010 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely the most boring episode yet. Doesn't help that I just failed my driving test as well, so maybe I should hold judgement :P
Nov 3, 2010 6:59 AM

Sep 2008
I really liked this episode. Probably because I'm watching it half asleep at 3am.
May 22, 2011 6:05 PM

Jul 2010
i'm wondering if there really related at all, aono and yourito, they dont have any distinct characteristics at all. and yes i know siblings can be different but they are TOO different

Jul 28, 2011 9:54 PM

Feb 2011
Alright, I take it back, this series looks pretty decent and might as well try to enjoy it.
However I do feel a bit sad about Aono, being in a hospital all alone is nothing short of depressing. Hope she gets better and we can see her role in this story.
Dec 3, 2011 5:41 PM

Oct 2009
Pfffffffffffffffffffft.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2012 8:37 PM

Jun 2010
I can't disagree that the main plot doesn't budge in this episode, but I kind of like it telling a story in one episode. The virtually self-contained one-episode story is a rarely seen form in anime. That said, it was kind of simplistic and pat, really, (and Koyuri is still too precious) but there being a relationship in a romance anime that doesn't revolve around the male lead is a pleasant surprise.

So I think this series is trying, even if just a little, when my prejudices made me worry it was lazy pandering dreck.
FronzelJun 1, 2012 8:48 PM
Feb 15, 2013 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
Still liking it. Don't even mind it being incredibly slow paced
Apr 13, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2012
An episode more focused on the sisters of the two protagonists. Nothing to special but rather cute! Up to the first special: episode 4.5!
Aug 29, 2015 9:51 AM

May 2014
The date thing was cute
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Aug 2014
I don't mind the slow pace, but it's only 13 episodes. I hope they don't cram the main plot and give us a shitty ending

More topics from this board

Poll: » sola Episode 6 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 14, 2007

39 by Saku33 »»
Apr 10, 10:49 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BlueYoshi - Jul 1, 2007

112 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 18, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » sola Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - May 27, 2007

42 by Killerkat198 »»
May 15, 2023 2:10 PM

» Why is this series so underrated

SakurasouBusters - Oct 18, 2013

12 by Quintessence »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 2 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

45 by Auliaramadhana12 »»
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.