Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 28, 2009 6:16 PM

Aug 2008
There's no way that cute girl could the jealous spitefull type... no way. She's too cute. (just a lil sarcasm)

DKJ
Nov 28, 2009 6:24 PM

Jul 2008
Kurumi is pretty. I don't want her to end up with Kazehaya or anything, but I feel bad for her.

Sawako and Kazehaya stare at each other all the time. I really want them to just get together already XD
Nov 28, 2009 6:42 PM
Jul 2009
hope the blonde chick doesn't become a bitch
Nov 28, 2009 10:46 PM

Aug 2008
If it weren't for the almost total lack of animation, I would have liked or loved this episode. It was so unnaturally static to me, and the fact that everything was drawn well made things that much more tantalizing.

Though I don't trust Kurumi, she doesn't seem to be in denial at all, and in fact, does seem to actually know that Kazehaya is in love with Sadako, which I think makes her more believable. Just the close up on her eye and the way she glanced out the window at the end of the episode were really subtle indications of what goes on behind her veneer.
Nov 29, 2009 1:02 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:

Though I don't trust Kurumi, she doesn't seem to be in denial at all, and in fact, does seem to actually know that Kazehaya is in love with Sadako, which I think makes her more believable. Just the close up on her eye and the way she glanced out the window at the end of the episode were really subtle indications of what goes on behind her veneer.

^Exactly my point noteDhero and glad you agree on my points also..don't forget her 2 stares when Kazehaya was looking at the window to see Sawako...

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 29, 2009 2:27 AM

Aug 2008
AHHHHHHH STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SAWAKO! JUST STAY THE HELL AWAY!! AHHHHHH

Leave her to be happy with her friends!

Nov 29, 2009 3:50 AM
Mar 2008
Found the newly released OP single here if anyone wants it: http://www.leetboss.com/blog/tanizawa-tomofumi-kimi-ni-todoke-op-single
Nov 29, 2009 6:03 AM

Nov 2008
Finally some love in the air :P
and some jealousy too, I think

Sawako can be scary

but she's so cute when she's clumsy xD

Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 29, 2009 7:10 AM

Feb 2009
I just keep loving this show more and more. It always leaves me feeling great :D

Sawako's smiles are different, because they are conveying her love of Kazehaya. I love them, definitely vectoring the one at around 17 minutes.

Because of this, every time they showed Kurumi staring outside at them, I couldn't keep myself from thinking "BITCH, YOU BETTER NOT."
Nov 29, 2009 10:36 AM

Oct 2007
Orion1 said:

I think it shows genuine envy and a broken heart. If she is really rotten and fake then that side hasn't manifested itself yet. As of right now, I feel really bad for her. It was so sad it was beautiful.
I agree with this. BUT...
noteDhero said:
This is the case here. In the past episode, they did show Kurumi seems to be a type easily look down on people. Second, why did she had to lie about not knowing Kazehaya being on the committee. I guess we can see where her character is going now.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 29, 2009 1:43 PM

Aug 2008
She seems like the type of girl that doesn't like to come off as ambitious and manipulative as she really is for fear of not being liked. Looking at how much Kazehaya likes Sadako, it seems to be verified a lot for her. She twisted her way into getting the nomination for class rep so that she could spend time with Kazehaya. It doesn't seem much more self-serving than that since she didn't try to say anything out of line about Sadako. She's waging war in her own way, but is despondent that she may have already lost to some random girl.
Nov 29, 2009 1:46 PM

Oct 2007
Pretty much everything you said. Can't wait to see how her character plays out in this series.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 29, 2009 1:51 PM

Dec 2008
aww~ this series keeps me smiling the whole ep ahaha XDD
tho i rly hope Kurumi doesnt hurt Sawako and Kazehaya cuz of her jealousy...tho i hav a feeling she will.. D:
*hugs Sawako and Kazehaya* >.<
lolz XD
Nov 29, 2009 3:05 PM

May 2008
The part at the end with the soccer ball was so cute <3

Gaaaah! You almost want them to just get together NOW and tell each other how they feel. But in this case they're doing it RIGHT and waiting it out while they get to know each other. Making us wait instead of rushing is the key to a good romance anime. There is a difference between waiting and just totally dragging it out though, but this anime isn't doing that thankfully.

Can't wait for the next one!

Nov 29, 2009 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
I knew she'd miss the ball. ^^

KayChan4U said:
Making us wait instead of rushing is the key to a good romance anime. There is a difference between waiting and just totally dragging it out though, but this anime isn't doing that thankfully.

I agree with you. If they become a couple too soon it'd be boring that as long as it doesn't drag the story and has it's own pace.
Nov 29, 2009 3:44 PM
Apr 2008
Kurumi is gonna become a vile bitch. I thought I could like her. :'(
Nov 29, 2009 11:16 PM

May 2008
I'm going to faint from cuteness...Loved it.
Nov 29, 2009 11:55 PM

Sep 2008
Great ep as always ^ ^

the firstnames part was fine ^^ Ekko, Tomo, Chizu, Ayame xDD

liked the part when Sawako tried to call Kazehaya by his first name, that was cute xP

Sawako missing the ball was totally expected =)

Pin is as devilish and funny as ever, lol ^ ^ (Pin's whole part has been especially funny.)

Seems like Kurumi is finally gonna step on the battleground instead of pulling the strings from the shadows!

5/5 ep!

Kurumi don't u dare hurt my Sawako!
Can't wait for next ep~

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 30, 2009 12:27 AM

Dec 2007
I totally liked Sawako moments, and her smile makes me so happy. Kurumi could be interesting rival after I watched the preview. I really hope she won't be crueler to Sawako. That was very good, cute episode.
Nov 30, 2009 2:32 AM

Jan 2009
Yet another cute episode. The atmosphere this show gives off is great. ^^
Nov 30, 2009 2:50 AM

May 2008
HawthornKitty said:
So we get Pigtail-braid Sadako this time... when is Ponytail Sadako?

Sadako is just so cute, trying not to let the class down in soccer; especially cute when she is horrible at kicking rocks. I adore how Kazehaya is just so absorbed into her, and it's great seeing Sadako all flustered from compliments.

Kurumi is a lot cuter then what I remembered though, the voice must be the thing causing this...

Ony tail sadako hopefully will come later on... hopes so.
but seeing her playing with rock, well trying was funyy ^^

ayano hirano is the voice for kurumi which ye, it fits her character perfectly, but i did feel kinda sad for her when kazehaya ignored her and looked at sadako not that i dont like her but still.
FabriceNov 30, 2009 5:21 AM
Nov 30, 2009 3:53 AM

Nov 2007
Kurumi gave Sadako a pretty dangerous stare there O_O seems next episode she will finally interact with her.
Nov 30, 2009 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
Sadako and the rock HNNNGGG

Blondie curly q's looks like she's at her limit, wonder what the hell she's gunna do. Loved the episode again, everything feels just about right.
Nov 30, 2009 9:43 AM

Jan 2009
Another great episode, but somehow, i feel some hate whenever kurumi shows up or aya hirano's voice heard, even before she do something. Maybe because the voice.

Well, probably gonna hate her the whole series.

Gonna wait for another character development next eps !
Nov 30, 2009 3:12 PM

Sep 2009
desolato said:
Why can't there be more sweet guys like Kazehaya? He's almost too good to be true.

Totally agree!!

Nov 30, 2009 8:33 PM

Jan 2009
This series makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. ^_^
Nov 30, 2009 9:39 PM

May 2007
Kurumi, no you have 0 chance, sorry don't even try, Sawako has no where to go but up, you can't knock her down.
My anime list
Dec 1, 2009 6:22 AM

Nov 2007
Why are people being mean about Kurumi? I get that she's the love rival but we've all been there at some point, crushing over someone who's interested in someone else. So I feel quite sorry for her ; _ ;

The amount of shoujo-bubbles at the beginning of the episode was overkill, but I love the backgrounds with each coming episode, especially the skies, the clouds look so light and fluffy <3

Sawako + Having her hair up in any style = WIN.
Dec 1, 2009 1:44 PM

Oct 2007
I loved the part where Sawako kicks the ball to Kazehaya and you hear the piano of the ending song starting to play. Very nicely done. It's little details like this that makes this anime so good.

And I completely agree with:

KawaiiObsessive said:
Sawako + Having her hair up in any style = WIN.

She really does look good with any hairstyle does she.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 2, 2009 4:20 AM

Nov 2007
Good episode, but not as good as others.
It was interesting to see more on Kurumi, and I think I actually like the way Aya Hirano's voicing her for once.
Kurumi's so cute it's hard to believe that she's actually such a cruel person.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 3, 2009 9:01 AM
May 2008
Cute episode as usual, it seemed a bit off though with so little Sawako, or at least in the beginning.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 3, 2009 11:13 PM

Jan 2008
Nice episode. I guess we'll start to see Kurumi's dark side soon.
Dec 13, 2009 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
It was nice, I liked it.
Imo this was one of the worst episodes so far..
not that this one was bad, but I loved the other ones more
Dec 19, 2009 2:37 AM

Nov 2008
Awesome episode. I love the ending. Ordinary but still touching. Awesome. By the way Kurumi is voiced by Hirano Aya.

Don't want to flood the thread. So some of my thoughts about episodes 7 and 8 here:

http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=50623
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=50680
Dec 20, 2009 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
wow, i couldn't stop smiling during this episode. i'm so glad that Sawako made friends and she's happy ... and when i see kazehaya's feelings i'm also smiling.

i'm only afraid that Kurumi'll make something bad to Sawako, because of her jelaousy

Tatynin said:
desolato said:
Why can't there be more sweet guys like Kazehaya? He's almost too good to be true.

Totally agree!!

agreed 100%!

Lepchin17 said:
This series makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. ^_^

the same as me!
Dec 23, 2009 5:07 PM

Dec 2007
I'm really happy Sawako has made lots of friends and his having fun now. Her braids were win and so was her kicking the rock xD. I also really liked the ending of the episode when she kicked the ball to Kazehaya and the piano started playing during it. Though something doesn't sit right with me though I've been thinking that since I first saw her. So looks like were going to get some interaction between the two of them in the next episode, looking forward to it.
Dec 24, 2009 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
Sawako's smile somehow makes this series worth it...it's strange

Feb 8, 2010 2:04 PM
Jun 2008
Sadako x Kazehaya couple may be the cutest one I've ever seen =P
rodrigohmuFeb 8, 2010 2:10 PM
Feb 19, 2010 5:15 AM

Jul 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Good episode, but not as good as others.
It was interesting to see more on Kurumi, and I think I actually like the way Aya Hirano's voicing her for once.
Kurumi's so cute it's hard to believe that she's actually such a cruel person.

I agree with this she sounds way different imo, until I checked it out I would have never known it was Aya.

Kurumi is beautiful by the way :P too bad she looks like a closeted sadistic bitch...she's still hot though xD
Mar 20, 2010 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
There's a difference between slow paced shows and shows that crawling. This show is crawling. Nothing happened and I'm getting tired of watching Kuronuma being "pure". At least Kuronuma 's a moe that doesn't have odd sexual subtext.

I'll continue watching the show, but it has to give me something by episode 10 or I'm dropping it. There's only so much "look at Kuronuma be cute" that I can take.
May 12, 2010 10:00 AM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode - I thought the nicknaming part was cute... I did think the animation was particularly spectacular in the episode, or just very pretty. I love the interactions, still, between Sawako and Kazehaya...

The fact that this Kurumi person actually had screentime annoys me. :| Go away, little faker. I don't care if you have a cute face and voice, rawr. Sawako > Kurumi by far.

Worried about the next episode... Hope that the title "New Friends" didn't mean Kurumi...
Jul 26, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
All the random bubbles and clouds are starting to get on my nerves.

Kuronuma kicking the stone around was just adorable!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 17, 2010 2:40 PM

Aug 2010
pony tail sawako? that might look good >:O

xD
Sep 18, 2010 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Aww this ep was so nice! And I say it seriously, because I am already in love with this!
Sawako making her effort for being good in soccer and caring for her friends at the same time=kawaii
When her friends told her she should call people by their names, when she called Kazehaya was so cute! Like I already said I see Sawako like a child that is learning new things!
moniiloveOct 5, 2010 2:58 PM
Sep 30, 2010 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Soccer has never seemed so romantic before this! x)
Dec 12, 2010 9:07 PM

Jun 2010
I love when Kazehaya was watching Sawako attempt to practice soccer and was like, "Where are you going? :) <3" It was so cute! :D :D

I noticed some of you complaining about how slow paced it is but I like it. It's so sweet to see them falling for each other and they don't even completely know it yet.<3

And of course I have a bad feeling about Kurumi.. They did a good job showing her seem sweet on the surface, while at the same time having this ominous vibe.. Sawako is probably going to be deceived. :(
Dec 22, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
Loved the episode, even if the previous ones were better.

Sawako’s so thoughtful towards others ♥ She doesn’t want to fail to meet the expectations of everyone and ruin the soccer game so she practices alone…

The names scene was really cute~ “Kazehaya…-kun”

I don’t like Kurumi. No matter what are her reasons, she’s just faking that “lovely” attitude of hers. I sense more drama coming.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 24, 2010 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
Sawako's hair in pigtails = total cuteness.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 14, 2011 5:38 PM
Jun 2010
This episode was so full of cute moments. One of my favs was when Sawako-chan was kicking the rock around. = u =
Jan 27, 2011 11:59 AM
Aug 2008
Wow, Kurumi sure is sly, purposely told her friends about Kazehaya being the sport committee so that her friends elected her.
hotaruhimeJan 27, 2011 8:02 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.