Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 10, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of history lesson this episode huh?

The episode has reunites Tusk and Ange although they are on better terms now. Found some of the episode to be really silly though. Ange has a cute side after all! Vivid as a dragon seems to be doing well too.
Jan 10, 2015 8:57 AM

May 2009

And they fucked up, fucking cockblocking dragons
bastek66Jan 11, 2015 12:30 PM
Jan 10, 2015 9:37 AM
Dec 2014
It was kinda boring.

But at least it confirmed some thing that were being speculated last week, and Dragon Vivian was adorable as always.

And goddamn, I can't wait for Sala, she looks so damn...good.
Jan 10, 2015 10:13 AM

Jun 2013
Finally, Ange go to Sala's place. I really want to watch next episode.
Jan 10, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
So that dimension had a full on great destruction, makes you wonder if Ange's dimension had the same deal happen or maybe it could possibly happen. Now, I wonder if Embyro is even human anymore, he's seems to be from that dimension and has lived through said great destruction, he could be an AI.

That kiss, those dragons needed to show up later it runied what could've been an ok sex scene, I already hear the rage already from the yuri shippers.

Jan 10, 2015 11:31 AM
Dec 2014
Even though the episode was more on the history and explanation of Tusk's side of the story its still a fairly good episode, considering the progress on Ange and Tusk's relationship and a little bit more of character development here..

Still i'm expecting a lot of rage from Yuri lovers on this episode lol..
Jan 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Sep 2008
sonakoto said:
Even though the episode was more on the history and explanation of Tusk's side of the story its still a fairly good episode, considering the progress on Ange and Tusk's relationship and a little bit more of character development here..

Actually from what I've seen some people are mad but others are like it'll turn around like how it did with Kannazuki no Miko (for those of you who have watched it get where am coming from). Their still holding out hope for Sala to win the Ange bowl if not Sala then Hilda. Has much has I don't want Tusk to win I think nothing is going to change between Ange and Tusk unless he dies or something.
Jan 10, 2015 2:13 PM
Dec 2014
I'm of the HildaxSala camp myself, but I don't have any hopes high.

Also, according to certain unreliable sources, it seems a tweet or something surfaced saying Fukuda forced the script of this episode to be made or something, so take this with precaution, and as you will.
Jan 10, 2015 5:56 PM

Nov 2008
Largo93 said:

Also, according to certain unreliable sources, it seems a tweet or something surfaced saying Fukuda forced the script of this episode to be made or something, so take this with precaution, and as you will.

Sunrise has a long history of executive meddling so it's probably true.

Jan 10, 2015 5:59 PM
Nov 2014
OK.. another exposition heavy episode
Still doesn't really explain the over all world construction as expected, but we learn what happen to one version of the world, which fits the cross dimensional set up instead of the Matrix theory.
So far, only 3 sides in this conflict, 4 if the Embryo guy count as one. Two reality confirmed and humans turn / evolve in to dragons after the war on earth is rather predictable.

OK as a character development episode, but Ange didnt grow that much other than aware her own words often hurt people and she is not a kind person. We still dont see Tusk gets beyond love interest / plot device male lead development.
The love hotel scene is workable, but i question whether the infrastructure would survive 500 years of rotting (sofa is what should the bed be).
Jan 10, 2015 6:13 PM
Nov 2014
Largo93 said:

The guy is credited as the creative director of the show, by what happens in the credits and him acting as sort of PR face in the magazines, I have little doubt Fukuda actually takes on more duty as executive producer one way or another. The OP was done a lot better in this episode than the last for example, managed to feel different to typical Fukuda gundam OP sequence cut.

slotting this episode in with the exposition part does well to set up the mystery of the worlds, so serious plot device missing issue seen in Gundam Seed series is not present is a big plus. (They would use a whole half an episode to tell what happen with the coordinators history / Rau Le revenge in SEED, but instead we got less than 5 minutes to set the whole back ground up.)
Jan 10, 2015 7:07 PM
Jun 2014
Yes! go AngexTusk, I hope it doesn't end like Nobunaga the fool or with Tusk dying in a doble K.O. with that Embryo guy, but seems possible -_-
Jan 10, 2015 7:21 PM

Mar 2008

Love Hotel and Love Hotel exclusive sukebe chair.
And the Love hotel name reads Mu La Flaga (Gundam seed reference much?)
Jan 10, 2015 7:41 PM
Nov 2014
dragonshade said:

Love Hotel and Love Hotel exclusive sukebe chair.
And the Love hotel name reads Mu La Flaga (Gundam seed reference much?)

yes the hotel is a hint of the characters name lol
Jan 10, 2015 10:55 PM
Apr 2014
this is really getting good, next week we see mizuki nana vs. horie yui woohoo
Jan 10, 2015 11:23 PM

May 2014
Yuri-Hime said:
sonakoto said:

Actually from what I've seen some people are mad but others are like it'll turn around like how it did with Kannazuki no Miko (for those of you who have watched it get where am coming from). Their still holding out hope for Sala to win the Ange bowl if not Sala then Hilda. Has much has I don't want Tusk to win I think nothing is going to change between Ange and Tusk unless he dies or something.

Love triangle imo. Just hope that Tusk keeps getting cockblocked by dragons.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jan 11, 2015 2:52 AM
Aug 2014
lols lots of blushing in this episode.

So humans gain the ability to turn into DRAGONs due to the fallout and attempt to change the past?
Jan 11, 2015 2:59 AM

May 2013
Yes for the change of OP's animation. No for not changing not changing the ED's animation, kek.

Dat future. Vivian cute as always (even as a dragon!). I was screaming for Ange and Tusk moments, damn the ruined sex after some confession. But dat preview, lmao Tusk, Ange will be jealous!

I know that yuri shippers will rage but I think its nice to have a change of pace having a romantic development between a man and woman, not just lesbians.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 11, 2015 3:03 AM

Sep 2013
The plot thickens.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Jan 11, 2015 3:12 AM

Jan 2012
Felt like a breather episode as the romance between Ange and Tusk blossoms somewhat. Next week we'll get to meet her destined rival once more who apparently rules over this ruined earth. Pretty slow, nothing spectacular.
Jan 11, 2015 3:38 AM

Sep 2009
Erm. People. As soon as Tusk was introduced it was obvious that he will be paired with Ange. There are enough secondary yuri pairings here so there's no reason to make one with MC
Jan 11, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
too bad tusk didn't get laid
maybe next time
Jan 11, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2013
I almost thought this anime might get better, but then Ange is taking her clothes off and wants to get laid :p
Always ruining it all XD

Jan 11, 2015 3:57 AM

Aug 2014
for fuck sake...just fuck already..
Jan 11, 2015 4:01 AM

Nov 2012
That kiss, so sweet, kinda sad that they got cockblocked though

Great episode, more info. The plot thickens
Jan 11, 2015 4:12 AM
Dec 2014

Noticed something here? :)

Just a theory :3
This is probably Embryo and his goons (new enemies) BUT WAIT!

Don't they somehow seem familiar? ehem ehem.. the colors of their suits? Green, Blue, Orange..

If you notice on episode 13 when Arzenal was attacked and the Norma evacuated on a new ship, there were 3 people on Salia's team who weren't able to get in..

First is Chris, considering her Paramail was rendered unusable due to the damages it sustained from crashing against a wall, even if she was saved by Embryo would she be able to get to the lowest level of Arzenal in time for its launching?
Second Ersha, left the team and when she went to rescue the children
Lastly Salia herself, when her paramail was shot down by Ange in the middle of the ocean

Reason i considered these 3 is because, if you noticed, when the ship was about to launch, they said that every survivor in Arzenal was already evacuated and no signs of life were present in Arzenal, but it didn't show that the 3 (Salia, Ersha, Chris) were already in the ship.. Maybe they got brainwashed by Embryo or convinced to join his side for particular reasons?

Well that's just a theory coming from me :3
sonakotoJan 11, 2015 4:17 AM
Jan 11, 2015 4:22 AM

Nov 2012
Damn. Poor Tusk almost got some.
Jan 11, 2015 4:28 AM

Oct 2013
Just die already tusk.
Jan 11, 2015 4:51 AM

Apr 2012
Hotel Mu La Flaga!
Now we know what he did after the war :p
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 11, 2015 5:08 AM

Mar 2012
Haha i actually toguht this episodes was going to be just like when Ange and Tusk first met but no.. we actually got more plot development and more character build up and the romance did not even seem so forced this it build up quite well.

Until the Drago showed and Tusk got cocked blocked ,,,, poor guy lol..

Yeah it definatly seems that Embryo will be the main villain now,,, i just wonder how that other dragon girl fits into all of this hmm...
Jan 11, 2015 5:14 AM

Jun 2008
90% of my interest in this show just died.
Jan 11, 2015 6:27 AM
Dec 2014
Maybe Ange's world is the same as Mars in Negima. An artificial construct created by advance magic/technology using what already existed (in this case, the old Earth) as its base. That would also explain why it could be reset and not be the Matrix.
Jan 11, 2015 6:48 AM

Sep 2014
Shows first real consensual sex scene and get interrupted.
Jan 11, 2015 8:03 AM
May 2013
i still think this is kannazuki no miko. same exact frame. it even had a brown haired guy who wanted to protect the blonde hair girl but ends up losing her to the black haired girl in the end.
Jan 11, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
so embryo created another earth without draconians?
Jan 11, 2015 8:30 AM

Apr 2013
things are getting really interesting now.
Jan 11, 2015 9:15 AM

Oct 2009
xSanox said:
things are getting really interesting now.

I agree, it keeps getting better episode after episode ^^
Jan 11, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
I cried :'(
So heartfelt and emotional <3
Ange's outrage was justified cause no one should go through that, but even so she got a hold of herself and swallowed her pride and apologized, something not many people will do.
And calling herself all those things means she knows who she is but still has reservations and wonders if what she's doing is right, but Tusk is there for her and knows what she does is right and it's not her fault, he sees her real self that she cannot see and Ange gives his life meaning in a horrible world, they complete each other, true soul mates.

Looks like it's an alternate dimension, in which what the computer girl said happens.
Embryo must have used the powers of his machine to go into back in time at a alternate dimension again to complete his goal this time.
But the dragons origins still need to be explained.
Jan 11, 2015 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
Geeez, the new op sucks, and just as ange and tsuk are having their moment, fuck along comes them DRAGONS.
Jan 11, 2015 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
Awn so cute that kiss scene.
Jan 11, 2015 11:51 AM
Aug 2013
They should have let Tusk die in the quantum shift and went right to Salas place, that would have made the episode 100% better. But its fine I guess.
Jan 11, 2015 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sometimes I get the feeling that they keep changing the script as they go along. I'm not quite sure where this is leading to be honest.

I did get a bit laugh out of the Mu La Flaga Hotel. I wonder what Captain Ramius makes of that.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 11, 2015 12:10 PM

May 2012
I see I see so those guys came from future. . but man screw those cockblockers ..

Jan 11, 2015 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Ange and Tusk got sent to the future. They spent some good romance moment in the Love Hotel.
Jan 11, 2015 12:12 PM
Jan 2011
This is the way you're suppose to do it.
Jan 11, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2009
hibiki6 said:
i still think this is kannazuki no miko. same exact frame. it even had a brown haired guy who wanted to protect the blonde hair girl but ends up losing her to the black haired girl in the end.

Please don't bring up that garbage show ever again. Besides this episode sealed Tusk and Ange as cannon.
Jan 11, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
Is this the future or an alternate reality (or rather, the future of an alternate reality).
Well, it was quite something seeing all those corpses and the city desolated.
And it was nice to see their relationship improving.
Jan 11, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
and I was hoping for Ange and Tusk's relationship to go further only for them to get interrupted~ xD oh well at least the story is getting better each episode.
Jan 11, 2015 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
At least the backstory has been expanded a bit more.

It's probably a branching universe they live in where the weapon created a parallel universe OR Mr Clean J.... I mean Embry... Oh for screw balls sake! the Villain created another universe to start over but decided to start over again as stated from a few episodes back.... right not confusing at all.

It's nice to see that they progress the romance between the two, even going to the part where they
just into the sack with one another if the convenient cockblock didn't show up!

Of course THAT had to happen and Ange seems to be getting use to it as she didn't go completely postal on him this time.

Ah well if we go by the preview we know what the computer meant.

...speaking of preview... Tusk sure like to get on Anges bad side.... maybe he's a masochism? Only in the preview though...
Jan 11, 2015 2:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Did some of you watch the past episodes?? This is the original Earth before the "new Earth" with the new breed of sheep humans that were created either in some artificial or alternate dimension. This is not the future. All those inhabitants were probably the original human who evolved into dragons to adapt and were left out in the old Earth.

Also, a convenient love hotel that is still functional after 500 years. This must be some advanced love hotel technology in the future...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.