Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion


Jan 16, 2015 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21933
Zergneedsfood said:
Slaine did nothing wrong. He is the moral zenith to which we must strive for.
> Zerg
> Slainetard

I weep for humanity ;_;

I thought you were intelligent.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
Zergneedsfood said:
Necessary sacrifices. The Romans slaughtered millions for the glory of the empire and it was all justified in the end. I believe the Martians will be greeted as liberators when the heathens and infidels have been dealt with. Besides, Martians bring in superior technology, food, and culture that simply can't be beaten. Earth has no culture, but the Martians have good fashion (see their clothes), better weapons, and through their weapons, the ability to advance Earth into a state far beyond what was humanly possible.





Wut. Did you even listen to Rayet and Saazbaum last season? The vers empire is evil by nature. Its a horrible archaic feudal society that maintains itself through its hatred of the terrans.
Modified by Raziel1991, Jan 16, 2015 1:14 PM
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Zergneedsfood said:
Raziel1991 said:
Wut. Did you even listen to Rayet and Saazbaum last season? The vers empire is evil by nature. Its a horrible archaic feudal society that mantains itself through its hatred of the terrans.
Because a girl who goes on a psychopathic rampage and another one who almost committed murder by trying to assassinate an heir to the thrown twice are somehow reliable sources of information about the Vers empire.

Because you know...that's the most obvious logical conclusion.


You are not one to talk about logic since nothing you said makes any logical sense. Merely the drivel of a maddened mind. Do the world a favor and never procreate. Your ideology is disgusting if genuine
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Zergneedsfood said:
StrayBotato said:
> Zerg
> Slainetard

I weep for humanity ;_;

I thought you were intelligent.
Slain is the hero that Aldnoah deserves, but not the one that it needs right now.

It's because people are too caught up in their fantasies that Inaho is some kind of moral upright character whose supposed expressionless facade is merely a front to his deeply morally righteous characteristics.

People are just unable to contemplate the fact that Inaho's actions must be justified in some objective set of criteria and function, ergo the 3 unities of Aristotle and they simply don't hold.


Slaine has zero heroic qualities. ZERO. You keep spouting fancy words but you have no idea what you're talking about.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6842
Vers is a totalitarian faction. UEF is a faction with incompetent leaders doing anything to prevent their image to get worse.

Vers = epitome of arrogance
UEF = epitome of narcism and zero sense of responsibility. (note: I am talking about a UEF being "narcistic", not to be confused with Nazi)


Both are shit in their own ways.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Grey-Zone said:
Vers is a totalitarian faction. UEF is a faction with incompetent leaders doing anything to prevent their image to get worse.

Vers = epitome of arrogance
UEF = epitome of narcism and zero sense of responsibility. (note: I am talking about a UEF being "narcistic", not to be confused with Nazi)


Both are shit in their own ways.


Difference is one is invading and the other is defending. Also they seem to recognize at least Inaho's performance since they did promote him AND give him a cyborg eye to replace the one he lost.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
Zergneedsfood said:
StrayBotato said:
> Zerg
> Slainetard

I weep for humanity ;_;

I thought you were intelligent.
supposed expressionless facade is merely a front to his deeply morally righteous characteristics.



Now its obvious you are just trolling.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Raziel1991 said:
Zergneedsfood said:
supposed expressionless facade is merely a front to his deeply morally righteous characteristics.



Now I know you must be trolling.


I feel my neurons dying with each post they make. Time to hit that "ignore user" button.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
Darklight0303 said:
Zergneedsfood said:
Because a girl who goes on a psychopathic rampage and another one who almost committed murder by trying to assassinate an heir to the thrown twice are somehow reliable sources of information about the Vers empire.

Because you know...that's the most obvious logical conclusion.


You are not one to talk about logic since nothing you said makes any logical sense. Merely the drivel of a maddened mind. Do the world a favor and never procreate. Your ideology is disgusting if genuine

Talk about pot calling the kettle black if you're going to dismiss someone else for being illogical it would make sense to not use an Ad Hominem.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Feaor said:
Darklight0303 said:


You are not one to talk about logic since nothing you said makes any logical sense. Merely the drivel of a maddened mind. Do the world a favor and never procreate. Your ideology is disgusting if genuine

Talk about pot calling the kettle black if you're going to dismiss someone else for being illogical it would make sense to not use an Ad Hominem.


I doubt you know what any of those terms or sayings actually mean >_>
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 529
Zergneedsfood said:
Necessary sacrifices. The Romans slaughtered millions for the glory of the empire and it was all justified in the end. I believe the Martians will be greeted as liberators when the heathens and infidels have been dealt with. Besides, Martians bring in superior technology, food, and culture that simply can't be beaten. Earth has no culture, but the Martians have good fashion (see their clothes), better weapons, and through their weapons, the ability to advance Earth into a state far beyond what was humanly possible.

The Princess being in a coma is definitely a better state than she was before. Her image was already being used to perpetuate the war, but instead of being in a state of sublimity, she was constantly being shot at. Missiles blew up her car, random Martians kept trying to kill her, dumb bitches tried choking her death, and she got shot in the face.

Pretty sure whatever state she is in now is definitely preferable to her previous volatile and unpredictable environment. Such a tepid existence is preferable because it offers a degree of safety and security.


Yea the Terrans are gonna great the Martians as liberators as they get whipped by them, the Martians may have advantage in technology but not in food, food and water is the bloody reason they started the war in the first place.
And only their katas are advanced their guns are the same as the Terrans if not worse, and how does having advanced weaponry gonna help earth improve?

I'm not gonna bother with the Princess part tbh
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
Darklight0303 said:
I doubt you know what any of those terms or sayings actually mean >_>
Of course I do, that's another Ad Hominem since you're trying to attack my character and not refute my actual argument that its illogical to dismiss someone's logic with a personal attack.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 467
Wait. There is seriously someone trying to say that Slain has done nothing wrong? Really? Going to defend the actions of the martians?

Did you even watch this series?

Season One: We learn through backstory that the entire Vers Empire was created by a guy who found ancient technology on Mars and started preaching about how it made him and those with him better than all humans on Earth. Then we learn that there had been a war between the species based entirely around this same racial prejudice that the people of Earth are inferior to the people of Mars.

You call Rayet and Saazbaum a few delusional lower class citizens, but the truth is that if you were actually paying attention it's Asseylum who belongs to the few delusional citizens category because the majority do not support her ideas of living in peace with the Terrans.

Slaine has made every possible wrong/bad choice possible, culminating with the idiotic decision to save the man who tried to kill the princess he's so obsessed with not once but twice, and shoot the man who was trying to save her. Talk about a screwy moral compass. Asseylum had saved Slaine's life and allowed him to be part of the Vers Empire, she'd promised to achieve the dream they shared of living in peace with Earth. He was completely obsessed with her, almost on a psychopathic level.

So how does he go about "saving" her? He rescues the man who tried to have her assassinated, the man who he watched shoot her nearly to death. Then he shoots, nearly kills, the man who was trying to save her, the man who was actually attempting to help her achieve her ideals of peace between Mars and Earth. He keeps her in some suspended animation type thing on life support, joins up with the man who wanted to kill her to start a racial war, gets the wheelchair girl to pretend to be Asseylum in front of the masses to give merit to starting a racial war, and this is all good moral behavior? Yeah, that's not right at all.

Question: When did Rayet ever go on a psychopathic rampage? Her father was manipulated into attempting to assassinate Asseylum by Saazbaum and his men, then murdered in front of her eyes to keep him quiet about it. What does she do? She hides with the humans. She did attempt to kill Asseylum out of hurt and anger, and when she thinks shes going to be killed for her actions tries to defend herself against those that would do her harm, again out of hurt and anger. Who is it that calms her down and helps her to realize who she should be fighting against? Inaho, the same man attempting to protect Earth and help Asseylum end the war and bring about peace.

The following words were used to describe Inaho... Cruel, Cold, & Ruthless. But that's not exactly correct, is it? Let's look at Inaho's actions...

He originally joins the fight to help protect his friends and fellow Terrans, he saves lives. He aids Asseylum even after learning who she really is in an effort to get her somewhere safe where she can try and bring the war to an end, fighting against those who are trying to kill her and create a racial extermination. Notice the theme here? He's trying to bring the war to an end to save lives, including the lives of Rayet and Asseylum who were victims of a plot to exterminate all Terran life on Earth.

Now, he does have difficulty expressing emotion and he fights using logic and intelligence. This could be called "cold" behavior, but that does not make him cruel or ruthless. He actually demonstrates on a couple rare occasions that he does indeed have emotions and is not completely cold or emotionless. This kind of behavior is not uncommon to those with higher intelligence, nor does it make him a bad guy.

None of this gives me the impression that Slaine is a utilitarian, nothing he is doing is even close to the definition of utilitarianism. Nor does any of this give me the impression that Inaho is cruel or ruthless. In fact, if we're discussing utilitarianism then it could be said that Inaho and Asseylum are the utilitarian characters. But, just to be sure, let's look at the definition of the word...

Utilitarianism is a theory in normative ethics holding that the proper course of action is the one that maximizes utility, usually defined as maximizing total benefit and reducing suffering or the negatives. This theory is an economic analysis that is human-centered (or anthropocentric) and has a moral foundation.

Now that we have the correct definition let's look at the actions of Slaine and Inaho again.

Slaine saved the life of the man behind the initial scheme to assassinate Asseylum and exterminate all non-martian life on Earth. He saves the man knowing that this man was the loon behind it all, he witnessed this man trying to shoot Asseylum to death. But he saves him anyway.

Slaine tries to kill the man who was fighting to end the war, the man who was trying to save Asseylum and help her achieve her goals of peace between Earth and Mars.

Slaine holds her inside of some kind of suspended animation device on life support while working with the man who tried to kill her twice, and helps this man use another woman disguised as Asseylum to give merit to their quest to exterminate the Terrans.

Inaho joins the fight to protect the people he cares about and the planet he lives on, to bring an end to the war.

Inaho saves the life of Asseylum multiple times, even after learning who she is, and attempts to help her achieve her ideals of peace between Earth and Mars.

Inaho only attacks those who attack his group first, until they find out who is behind it at which time he is part of an assault to take down the mastermind behind it all. This action was to end the war as quickly as possible and save as many lives as possible.

Therefore, by definition of the word, Inaho would be the utilitarian. Not Slaine.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
 
Jan 16, 2015 1:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
Feaor said:
Darklight0303 said:
I doubt you know what any of those terms or sayings actually mean >_>
Of course I do, that's another Ad Hominem since you're trying to attack my character and not refute my actual argument that its illogical to dismiss someone's logic with a personal attack.


There is no point in refuting anything. The first season already made it pretty clear that the martians are genocidial space nazis, if you did not notice then its obvious we did not watch the same anime.
Modified by Raziel1991, Jan 16, 2015 2:03 PM
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 14693
Raziel1991 said:
Feaor said:
Of course I do, that's another Ad Hominem since you're trying to attack my character and not refute my actual argument that its illogical to dismiss someone's logic with a personal attack.


There is no point in refuting anything. The first season already made it pretty clear that the martians are genocidial space nazis, if you did not notice then you honestly need to rewatch the first season.
I haven't even mentioned anything about the show in either of my posts so I have no clue what you're even getting at.
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Genocide and egocentric reasons is morally cool.
Pilate to condemn Jesus innocent, under pressure from the people was morally right.
Killing people and participates in genocide, in the name of a person is very lovavel.
That is why No One leads to the serious fanboy Slaine, they simply on their behalf, grotesque acts on behalf of a cause unhealthy, severely undermine the judiciary and justice, using the fairy tales of false Heroes Greeks,
Errado?
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
The_Bif said:
Wait. There is seriously someone trying to say that Slain has done nothing wrong? Really? Going to defend the actions of the martians?

Did you even watch this series?

Season One: We learn through backstory that the entire Vers Empire was created by a guy who found ancient technology on Mars and started preaching about how it made him and those with him better than all humans on Earth. Then we learn that there had been a war between the species based entirely around this same racial prejudice that the people of Earth are inferior to the people of Mars.

You call Rayet and Saazbaum a few delusional lower class citizens, but the truth is that if you were actually paying attention it's Asseylum who belongs to the few delusional citizens category because the majority do not support her ideas of living in peace with the Terrans.

Slaine has made every possible wrong/bad choice possible, culminating with the idiotic decision to save the man who tried to kill the princess he's so obsessed with not once but twice, and shoot the man who was trying to save her. Talk about a screwy moral compass. Asseylum had saved Slaine's life and allowed him to be part of the Vers Empire, she'd promised to achieve the dream they shared of living in peace with Earth. He was completely obsessed with her, almost on a psychopathic level.

So how does he go about "saving" her? He rescues the man who tried to have her assassinated, the man who he watched shoot her nearly to death. Then he shoots, nearly kills, the man who was trying to save her, the man who was actually attempting to help her achieve her ideals of peace between Mars and Earth. He keeps her in some suspended animation type thing on life support, joins up with the man who wanted to kill her to start a racial war, gets the wheelchair girl to pretend to be Asseylum in front of the masses to give merit to starting a racial war, and this is all good moral behavior? Yeah, that's not right at all.

Question: When did Rayet ever go on a psychopathic rampage? Her father was manipulated into attempting to assassinate Asseylum by Saazbaum and his men, then murdered in front of her eyes to keep him quiet about it. What does she do? She hides with the humans. She did attempt to kill Asseylum out of hurt and anger, and when she thinks shes going to be killed for her actions tries to defend herself against those that would do her harm, again out of hurt and anger. Who is it that calms her down and helps her to realize who she should be fighting against? Inaho, the same man attempting to protect Earth and help Asseylum end the war and bring about peace.

The following words were used to describe Inaho... Cruel, Cold, & Ruthless. But that's not exactly correct, is it? Let's look at Inaho's actions...

He originally joins the fight to help protect his friends and fellow Terrans, he saves lives. He aids Asseylum even after learning who she really is in an effort to get her somewhere safe where she can try and bring the war to an end, fighting against those who are trying to kill her and create a racial extermination. Notice the theme here? He's trying to bring the war to an end to save lives, including the lives of Rayet and Asseylum who were victims of a plot to exterminate all Terran life on Earth.

Now, he does have difficulty expressing emotion and he fights using logic and intelligence. This could be called "cold" behavior, but that does not make him cruel or ruthless. He actually demonstrates on a couple rare occasions that he does indeed have emotions and is not completely cold or emotionless. This kind of behavior is not uncommon to those with higher intelligence, nor does it make him a bad guy.

None of this gives me the impression that Slaine is a utilitarian, nothing he is doing is even close to the definition of utilitarianism. Nor does any of this give me the impression that Inaho is cruel or ruthless. In fact, if we're discussing utilitarianism then it could be said that Inaho and Asseylum are the utilitarian characters. But, just to be sure, let's look at the definition of the word...

Utilitarianism is a theory in normative ethics holding that the proper course of action is the one that maximizes utility, usually defined as maximizing total benefit and reducing suffering or the negatives. This theory is an economic analysis that is human-centered (or anthropocentric) and has a moral foundation.

Now that we have the correct definition let's look at the actions of Slaine and Inaho again.

Slaine saved the life of the man behind the initial scheme to assassinate Asseylum and exterminate all non-martian life on Earth. He saves the man knowing that this man was the loon behind it all, he witnessed this man trying to shoot Asseylum to death. But he saves him anyway.

Slaine tries to kill the man who was fighting to end the war, the man who was trying to save Asseylum and help her achieve her goals of peace between Earth and Mars.

Slaine holds her inside of some kind of suspended animation device on life support while working with the man who tried to kill her twice, and helps this man use another woman disguised as Asseylum to give merit to their quest to exterminate the Terrans.

Inaho joins the fight to protect the people he cares about and the planet he lives on, to bring an end to the war.

Inaho saves the life of Asseylum multiple times, even after learning who she is, and attempts to help her achieve her ideals of peace between Earth and Mars.

Inaho only attacks those who attack his group first, until they find out who is behind it at which time he is part of an assault to take down the mastermind behind it all. This action was to end the war as quickly as possible and save as many lives as possible.

Therefore, by definition of the word, Inaho would be the utilitarian. Not Slaine.


Now here is someone who sees the truth
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Does GodSlaine, has plans to return to life of all the people he killed. Maybe he pessa the dragon balls to borrow Goku to return the lives.
 
Jan 16, 2015 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Here they come again with nonsense, Kirito has been used as an example, the heroes gragos, Piso which will be the next excuse, what great new theories invent now, what excuses teram now for the ridiculous acts Slaine commits.
A great person is one who learns from his mistakes, Not invents no excuse for them

this course well because they were forced to change the colors of mars flag, in the anime, and the ideas and Mars pillars were based

Modified by seujair31, Jan 16, 2015 3:09 PM
 
Jan 16, 2015 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 4634
Slaine is the Hero of Justice.
 
Jan 16, 2015 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
chickenonthepan said:
Slaine is the Hero of Justice.


Yeah no.
 
Jan 16, 2015 5:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
chickenonthepan said:
Slaine is the Hero of Justice.

Yes really heroes of justice, approve and participate in genocide.
Are you sure that in your room, should have poster Pilate and Adolf Hitler.
Pilate the man who condemned Jesus Christ, an innocent man.
Adolf Hitler, who like the Martians, it is considered superior to others, and esterminava those who considered the weak, in the Jewish cases ie in the case of anime are earthlings.
Infinitely those who accept genocideos are accomplices, and Slaine this clearly participating in the killing of earthlings.
Regrettable and distorted the history of FLOOR, now comes with this nonsense.
Slaine is a monster, if you say that Slaine is such a hero, To try to do the things he did, to see what happens in court, or you think your children's stories will deliver you from the condemnation.
 
Jan 16, 2015 5:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
es all your bullshit, are easily undone by the
death of Trillian, by personal factor. Ranked Qualified murder.
Degree murder - commit murder treacherously, by ambush or by concealment or other feature that makes it difficult or impossible defense by the victim;
Slaine innocent haahuauhahuuha
Slaine hero hauahuahuauhahua
 
Jan 16, 2015 6:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6842
seujair31 said:
es all your bullshit, are easily undone by the
death of Trillian, by personal factor. Ranked Qualified murder.
Degree murder - commit murder treacherously, by ambush or by concealment or other feature that makes it difficult or impossible defense by the victim;
Slaine innocent haahuauhahuuha
Slaine hero hauahuahuauhahua


I don't think him killing Trillam was such a bad thing. If someone invaded Hitler's home and assassinated him during World War 2, would you count that as murder too?

After all Trillam himself was parttaking in the genocide of Terrans too. Remember how he killed Inaho's classmate? He even openly told him he plans to kill the princess, so Trillram was a TRAITOR for the Vers empire, as he openly declared wanting to murder the Vers authorities.


But that is, of course, no excuse for what he does now toegether with Saazbaum. When he first met with Inaho he was just very undimplomatic, demanding to see the princess, but that was not evil, it was merely stupid.

He only started to be an actual "bad guy" when he decided to help Saazbaum against Inaho.
Modified by Grey-Zone, Jan 16, 2015 6:34 PM
 
Jan 16, 2015 7:05 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 7049
i just ...
eh ...
why...
everyone lives just like that ?
slaine doing a 360 and now works with them + being a fkin creep with the princess..
this is .. eh
 
Jan 16, 2015 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Grey-Zone said:
seujair31 said:
es all your bullshit, are easily undone by the
death of Trillian, by personal factor. Ranked Qualified murder.
Degree murder - commit murder treacherously, by ambush or by concealment or other feature that makes it difficult or impossible defense by the victim;
Slaine innocent haahuauhahuuha
Slaine hero hauahuahuauhahua


I don't think him killing Trillam was such a bad thing. If someone invaded Hitler's home and assassinated him during World War 2, would you count that as murder too?


My dad's friend promoter.
No matter if it's a rapist, a serial killer, or the devil that is, no one has the right to take the life of No One, for personal reasons. Depending on how this guy killed Hitler, to see the classification of Murder. In the case of Slaine was Murder-qualified, showed the scene to my dad and he said the same.
It is clear in the criminal code of any parents who kill people for personal reasons, it is murder.
Killing people by the coast, caracterisa characterize act of cowardice. Remember that kill people, when it is not self-defense, is murder.
For no one is God to judge, who has the right to live or die, for this there is the judiciary.



After all Trillam himself was parttaking in the genocide of Terrans too. Remember how he killed Inaho's classmate? He even openly told him he plans to kill the princess, so Trillram was a TRAITOR for the Vers empire, as he openly declared wanting to murder the Vers authorities.


But that is, of course, no excuse for what he does now toegether with Saazbaum. When he first met with Inaho he was just very undimplomatic, demanding to see the princess, but that was not evil, it was merely stupid.

He only started to be an actual "bad guy" when he decided to help Saazbaum against Inaho.


I showed all the scene for my father, who is promoter here in São Paulo, where we live.
It is very simple - does not matter if it is a gay a rapist or serial killer, killing people for personal reason is murder, here comes the qualifications, the Slaine is qualified for not giving right of defense, and the coast, carecterizando act of corvadia.
And you forgot Slaine has compulsive obsession, on the person of Asseylum,
which makes all his actions, personal motivation.
The obcessivos traits are easily characterized by the facts of the actions that have Slaine by the name of Asseylum.


I will talk to you what my father thought about the episode 12, the fact that Slaine saw the speech, the princess did in episode 10, in which it clearly states that do not want war, and the Terrans, including Inaho, there are using, and the fact Saazbaum want to block, demontrando the Slaine that the speech was real, draws the defense chanses about the facts that occurred in Episode 12, according to my father he caracteria the scene of his death Inaho way. Slaine descended from the ship before Saazbaum make shots, Slaine saw the princess help Inaho when the shots are made Slaine is looking for the princess's hand holding Inaho, shooting occur, kills the princess, she's down, down, Slaine shoots Saazbaum, this mometo he looks at Inaho crawling, and changes its face clearly due to the epsodio 10 speech, Slaine plug remember, their bad decisions that led to the death of the princess, the invez to go toward princess, to provide help, he goes to injured Inaho, which clearly showed no danger, and dumps its errors and faults in Inaho. And he said Slaine has serious mitigating a compulsive obsessive, for Asseylum person, made any of their actions, motivated by personal reasons, making any defense chanses

gray-zone -about his comment in animesuki - Seems Inaho is sent to the frontlines for a counter offensive. If They just defend all the team, the war will never end, unless options the UEF is completely exterminated.
Did you ever noticed because Slaine is the key of the second tempora.
You may have noticed that the key already turned, and the anime course is traced, big reason that Tess gave up the anime.
There are two ways to end the war. first an agreement between both sides. According to a hand out vencerdor.
The first option this eliminates the Slaine's decision to kill the Terrans, and instigate more hatred between Earthlings and Martians, and processeguir the war,
did turn the key of the anime for a war between Mars, pos even if you change the monarchy, and the Mars system and way of thinking, without the resources, which are are found on earth, the Martians consiguirão not live long.
And when Slaine choose makes that decision, loses chanse of diplomatic agreement, and ends up generating more hatred, which earthlings already forgave more.
For both the anime segira the course of space warfare, so the Terrans are leaving for the sky.
about his comment in animesuki
Modified by seujair31, Jan 16, 2015 7:42 PM
 
Jan 16, 2015 10:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 3986
im looking here many people hate this episode. i know you have many reason. but i recommend if you hate this please dont watch again.the creator has been painstakingly to make this anime
 
Jan 16, 2015 11:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.
 
Jan 17, 2015 12:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.


Fair point. I'll go ahead and put them up now.

is very important, about War Crimes

War Crimes - A war crime is a serious violation of the laws and customs of war (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility.

Genocide - Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Though this definition sounds more like "hate crime" than what I was assuming.


Anyway, Saazbaum is guilty of both. War Crimes through his attacks on civilians and unnecessary destruction, and genocide because he's doing it with the intent of destroying "Terrans".
 
Jan 17, 2015 12:25 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2832
seujair31 said:


This has nothing to do with what I said o.O
You're replying to the wrong person.
 
Jan 17, 2015 12:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
KamiAlice said:
seujair31 said:


This has nothing to do with what I said o.O
You're replying to the wrong person.


Sorry, I must have mistaken your avatar, I thought it was you who was with questions on the subject.
I will reread the topics and ve wanted a clarification of what is a war crime.
 
Jan 17, 2015 1:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.


We need to make this into a bingo card for each episode
 
Jan 17, 2015 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.
both slaine and inaho are objectively shit
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Jan 17, 2015 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ninjastarforcex said:
KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.
both slaine and inaho are objectively shit


And yet you still watch
 
Jan 17, 2015 2:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:
both slaine and inaho are objectively shit


And yet you still watch
for rayet <3
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Jan 17, 2015 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ninjastarforcex said:
Darklight0303 said:


And yet you still watch
for rayet <3


Fair enough. I was going to suggest you just outright drop it if you can't find a single thing you like in the show
 
Jan 17, 2015 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:
both slaine and inaho are objectively shit


And yet you still watch


you have the subtitled version, the preview of episode 14?
wanted to know what they were talking, the tone seemed half serious, what do you think, looking at the preview what will happen in episode?
 
Jan 17, 2015 3:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 127
It's just too bad there are SO MANY of these trolls flooding this forum, making it impossible to have any real discussion.

KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.
 
Jan 17, 2015 4:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
awditty said:
It's just too bad there are SO MANY of these trolls flooding this forum, making it impossible to have any real discussion.

KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.


you think this is bad, because you did not see the delirium, and fanaticism that has some users, the animesuki forum.
here at least has no comments, as the new princess has tezão by Slaine because it does face of evil and smile.
and those tons of idiots photos, face it the fanboy some exceeded bareirras and became fanaticism.
 
Jan 17, 2015 4:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 119
So I came here first to read a few comments before I decided to watch the first ep, and when you gusy said Inaho got a cyborg eye I was expecting something else than what it actually looked like. For some reason I thought it would look like something out of Terminator. When I first saw his face I was like wait what cyborg eye did you talk about? :D
 
Jan 17, 2015 4:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
AntonyRedgrave said:
So I came here first to read a few comments before I decided to watch the first ep, and when you gusy said Inaho got a cyborg eye I was expecting something else than what it actually looked like. For some reason I thought it would look like something out of Terminator. When I first saw his face I was like wait what cyborg eye did you talk about? :D


from what I can see, it looks like it does the math, when Inaho did gave the results of distance, his eye was shown.
 
Jan 17, 2015 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 6842
KamiAlice said:
Who's ready for the episode 2 shit posting by the bunch of people who have proven time and time again that they
1. Don't have any skills in analysis
2. Don't know how to read between the lines
3. Yell out asspulls for everything that doesn't go the way they believed even though it was clearly explained
4. Don't know or understand the real definitions of words like (Deus ex machina, generic, Gary Stu, ect)
5. Don't know the difference between objective criticism and personal preference.
6. Are Urobuchi fanboys/fangirls


Fix'd
 
Jan 17, 2015 8:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Zergneedsfood said:


Knight-Artorias said:
I'm not gonna bother with the Princess part tbh
Because I'm not wrong.


Oh yes you are. In every possible way imaginable. Just drop the act you're not fooling anyone.
 
Jan 17, 2015 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 529
Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
Yea the Terrans are gonna great the Martians as liberators as they get whipped by them, the Martians may have advantage in technology but not in food, food and water is the bloody reason they started the war in the first place.
That's irrelevant.

Yea half the population begin dead and the other half begin put to slavery is irrelevant right?

Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
And only their katas are advanced their guns are the same as the Terrans if not worse, and how does having advanced weaponry gonna help earth improve?
I think people who understand science knows that technology is not limited to just one facet of usage. For instance, military grade technology has been shown to equally benefit consumer populations. Boeing produces both civilian and military grade aircraft.

The very fact that you are using the Internet is proof that things that were initially designated for military usage have their benefits for the masses. I don't understand why people don't seem to understand this but I'm just going to be blame an inability to understand science.

Martians have these op aldnoah drives with weird abilities yet they can't think of a way to get a reliable source of water or temperature control they sure as hell ain't gonna do that when they claim earth with its vast amounts of air and water.

Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
I'm not gonna bother with the Princess part tbh
Because I'm not wrong.

Everyone though the Princess was dead the only Martians that were trying to kill her are Saaz and his allies, and she wasn't even in the car that blew up it was a double, the other Martians didn't even know she was alive they just attacked any terran they found, and if Slaine didn't save Saaz in the first place she wouldn't have been shot and she would've been safe.
 
Jan 17, 2015 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 529
Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
Yea half the population begin dead and the other half begin put to slavery is irrelevant right?
Define slavery.

Also the Martians were just proving that Malthus was right. Think of it has neo-neo-Malthusian economics.

How does forced labor work with you?

Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
Martians have these op aldnoah drives with weird abilities yet they can't think of a way to get a reliable source of water or temperature control they sure as hell ain't gonna do that when they claim earth with its vast amounts of air and water.
You make it sound like air/water are the only things that matter. The fact of the matter is that they don't.

And why exactly do they not matter?
and if they don't matter then what does?

Zergneedsfood said:
Everyone though the Princess was dead the only Martians that were trying to kill her are Saaz and his allies, and she wasn't even in the car that blew up it was a double, the other Martians didn't even know she was alive they just attacked any terran they found, and if Slaine didn't save Saaz in the first place she wouldn't have been shot and she would've been safe.
That's called putting on cheat glasses and reading into the future when a character couldn't have read the future at all.

Slaine saving Saaz is not morally objectionable. If people are praising Inaho for calming down Rayet after she tried murdering the princess, then Slaine shouldn't be faulted for saving Saaz who tried murdering the princess.

There's the moral inconsistency. If you're going to make an argument, please be consistent about it.


I never even mentioned Rayet....
And I was talking about Slaine saving Saaz when he was fighting Inaho not after he shot the Princess.
 
Jan 17, 2015 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 615
Zergneedsfood said:
Knight-Artorias said:
Yea half the population begin dead and the other half begin put to slavery is irrelevant right?
Define slavery.

Also the Martians were just proving that Malthus was right. Think of it has neo-neo-Malthusian economics.

Knight-Artorias said:
Martians have these op aldnoah drives with weird abilities yet they can't think of a way to get a reliable source of water or temperature control they sure as hell ain't gonna do that when they claim earth with its vast amounts of air and water.
You make it sound like air/water are the only things that matter. The fact of the matter is that they don't.

Everyone though the Princess was dead the only Martians that were trying to kill her are Saaz and his allies, and she wasn't even in the car that blew up it was a double, the other Martians didn't even know she was alive they just attacked any terran they found, and if Slaine didn't save Saaz in the first place she wouldn't have been shot and she would've been safe.
That's called putting on cheat glasses and reading into the future when a character couldn't have read the future at all.

Slaine saving Saaz is not morally objectionable. If people are praising Inaho for calming down Rayet after she tried murdering the princess, then Slaine shouldn't be faulted for saving Saaz who tried murdering the princess.

There's the moral inconsistency. If you're going to make an argument, please be consistent about it.


SLAINE GOD
Fair point. I'll go ahead and put them up now.

War Crimes - A war crime is a serious violation of the laws and customs of war (also known as international humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility.

Genocide - Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Though this definition sounds more like "hate crime" than what I was assuming.


Anyway, Saazbaum is guilty of both. War Crimes through his attacks on civilians and unnecessary destruction, and genocide because he's doing it with the intent of destroying "Terrans".
 
Jan 17, 2015 6:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 6008
Pretty good restart. This series does have good music.

So Slaine is a bad guy now and Inaho is a cyborg. What fun.

Actually, I was a bit impressed by Rayet. If she wasn't the commander, she should have been.
 
Jan 17, 2015 9:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 8555
So Inaho and the Princess both survive GSW to the head and Slaine has become an absolute crazy irredeemable bastard. lovely.
 
Jan 18, 2015 12:08 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 119
seujair31 said:
AntonyRedgrave said:
So I came here first to read a few comments before I decided to watch the first ep, and when you gusy said Inaho got a cyborg eye I was expecting something else than what it actually looked like. For some reason I thought it would look like something out of Terminator. When I first saw his face I was like wait what cyborg eye did you talk about? :D


from what I can see, it looks like it does the math, when Inaho did gave the results of distance, his eye was shown.


What I meant to say is I expected metal implants around his eye, and stuff like that, so when I first saw his face I thought that he didn't even had a cyborg eye.
 
Jan 18, 2015 1:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 18
Question.

On a sub I watched recently. The opening scene where the two sides were fighting in space, a pilot mentioned the "wind" being to great to aim accurately.

I was wondering. Is that some sort of space talk about gravitational fields or solar wind or something else?

I was under the impression space was a vacuum.
 
Top
Pages (31) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 »