Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 10, 2015 6:34 AM
Dec 2013
Anyone else here hopes/thinks that they got together at the end? I mean sure the last scenes point to Manaka but somehow I didn't "feel" any romance between them anymore more like good friends after everything that happened

I think Hikari realized that he didn't love Manaka anymore and went to Miuna (not saying this is canon just my opinion/wish)
I loved those two together (Miuna the best character IMO, apart from Hikari)

Also it would kind of be fitting since the other two pairings also weren't what people thought they would be (kaname x Sayu, Tsumugu x Chisaki)
And to me the ending did seem a bit open (especially regarding Hikari x Manaka)
FuckMAl4132Jan 10, 2015 6:40 AM
Jan 10, 2015 8:04 AM

Aug 2014
Ever since Manaka kneed Hikari in the you-know-where from a simple hug, Hikari should had just forgotten about her. I also hated how Manaka somewhat ignored Hikari in the end. Manaka the entire anime was just crushing on Tsumugu in the first half and making Hikari's life impossible the whole anime.

Would have been nice if Hikari gave more attention to Miuna
Jan 10, 2015 12:53 PM
Dec 2013
^ yeah I agree I still think he really cared about her (just remember the ending of 25th episode where Miuna is taken by that sea god)
Jan 10, 2015 3:21 PM

May 2014
It didn't really seem open, they just aknowledged each other's feelings. (Manaka says she doesn't need to tell him what she had to because he already knows)
The fact that you don't see characters kissing doesn't mean they are just good friends, sorry to break you fantasies.
However I also think Miuna was a good and developped character, and Hikari really cared about her,so I can imagine why you would like them to be together. But the fact that she's happy and able to move on is good enough of an ending for her I guess.

Manaka kneeling Hikari seems justified as she didn't want to hurt Chisaki, and was in a really bad situation involving mixed feelings. I don't think that's enough to make her a bad character nor to be considered as a bad choice for Hikari.
May 1, 2016 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
I don't at all think Manaka deserves any hate for what she did. Hikari should have admitted his feelings and left some distance between them to gauge how she felt first. I would absolutely hate to be hugged suddenly by someone when they confess unless we were already in a hugging-type of friendship already.

That being said, I have a lot of respect for Miuna as someone who set out to earn Hikari's feelings, and I am a huge Hikaru x Miuna supporter.

I feel Manaka is a very good person (the kind all the boys tend to like in anime), and for someone to be confused about their feelings sometimes is normal. I don't think that takes from her character; it makes her more realistic. However, I think Manaka should have been the odd man out in the shipping wars. I feel her character didn't develop very much. All she did really was acquire the ability to be true to her feelings toward Hikari, and in the end she technically still didn't say it directly to him. I would have liked to see her with the open ending because it would have created growth for her. Now that she can be true to herself, she should find someone she can be true to, on land or at sea. (And honestly, I would have liked her to get together with someone on land.)

This is one of the only times I supported a love interest that came in halfway through the show. To be fair she was already a character early on, but I generally am true to the original love. I can only think of one other instance where I supported a different love interest than the original (and that would be Peach Girl).
Dec 4, 2018 11:33 PM
Dec 2018
It is sad for me in the ending that Hikari ended up with Manaka. I guessed that Miuna had a crush for Hikari from the beginning when she get blushed by Hikari clinched her nose. I desperately wanted to Hikari end up with Miuna
Apr 17, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2017
Miuna was probably the best girl by the end.
Aug 24, 2020 10:52 AM
May 2020
YEs i want Miuna x Hikari too happen (if it does). She is best girl that's final you can't say otherwise. I only watched the anime for a few episodes and already decided that miuna is the best. I only did that with on other series rent a girlfriend(manga). My request is i want to find a loli or younger elementary girl in a actual relationship where she wins the guy that doesnt need a hibernation thing to occur.
Tanner_NguyenAug 24, 2020 2:09 PM
Sep 10, 2020 8:45 PM

Jan 2019
Main girl characters in this show are annoying af. The male characters have something in their brain. But the female characters are.... Man!
Talking about Miuna, she was a decent female character where Chisaki and Manaka was so annoying.
I think she should have ended up with Hikari.
I don't know why Hikari always went for Manaka when there were better girls waiting for them.
Nov 12, 2020 11:39 PM
Jul 2020
I think it's the perfect ending. Manaka always cared for Hikari even though she never knew it and Hikari loves her as well. It was clear that Manaka understood that she doesn't want to be seperated from him after he hugged him. When he confessed Manaka went to surface calling out Hikari's name. When Tsumugu caught her she said Tsumugu was like a sun which she could only watch from afar. In this it's clear that she just admired him and all that she wants is Hikari. She also asked him to keep it as a secret since Chiaki liked Hikari and she didn't wanted to hurt her. This all shows their feelings are mutual. They have years of understanding with each other. I think it's perfect ending. Hikari X Manaka , Chiaki X Tsumugu , Kaname X Sayu and Miuna X that boy who confessed her. It's solved and actually I am a guy who like the character who sacrifice their love for other's happiness rather than getting greedy.
That's why my most favourite character from the show is Hikari and Miuna. Actually I don't like Manaka but I think if Miuna ended up with Manaka all the story they built would have gone waste.
Dec 3, 2020 5:56 AM

Jan 2020
Wait doesn't Manaka lose the ability to love others romantically in the end? Hmm, I watched this show a long time ago so Idr very well.

But yeah I always assumed Hikari/Miuna and Kaname/Sayuu were the end goals by the end of the show. I definitely didn't expect it, but it left me quite satisfied. But my fav couple is still Tsumugu and Chisaki love them together
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Dec 3, 2020 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
It's a way better ship than ManakaxHikari, that's for sure. >:(

Manaka should have been with Tsumugu. I would have rewritten the second half of this show ENTIRELY. Bleh.

Jan 15, 2021 5:13 AM
Jan 2021
I like how it ends,during flashbacks it shows how Manaka love Hikari and how insicure she is to herself, it just show that love cannot easily be swayed, it's a heartwarming anime I love how Hiraki proved his love and how Kaname able to move on, and I also how Tsumugo able to express his love to Chisaki, all in all it's a good ending for me. just like they say everything can change, can means it may and may not.
Mar 21, 2021 6:46 AM
Jul 2020
Manaka don't deserve that much hate. I didn't find anything wrong with her character. In the first half, yes she was kind of attracted to tsumugu because he treated her like a normal girl and girls tends to be attracted by such guys (have to be a good looking though) but she was always in love with hikari, only didn't realize it. But you could tell by her actions. For an instance, that race where hikari hurt himself and she was the first one to jump and see how he was, whereas chisaki who was bragging about how much she loves hikari didn't know what to do. But for manaka it came naturally and lol chisaki got pissed off after that. But my point is manaka was in love with hikari as well. Also, I'd like to point out that hikari, before they started going school on the land, was a jerk. He was totally pushing manaka to keep up with him. Didn't care to wait for her in the first episode and treated her like a kid in few after that. And that's why manaka was attracted to tsumugu because he was the first one who didn't see her as a kid.

And guys, you are forgetting, hikari is technically miuna's uncle. So that ship was not gonna happen anyway 😂

Btw you guys didn't talk about sayu, she was the real player who got the biggest fish that is kaname. My god kaname was the hidden gem in this show for me and I'm happy my boy found someone who actually put him first..
Akash26Mar 21, 2021 6:52 AM
Apr 21, 2021 11:22 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
I only just finished episode 13... BUT I will have you know I totally got shippy vibes from Tsumugi and Chiisaki, such as the moment on the rocks when she got too dry. Kaname though... 🤔

Jun 25, 2021 7:23 PM
Apr 2021
Akash26 said:
Manaka don't deserve that much hate. I didn't find anything wrong with her character. In the first half, yes she was kind of attracted to tsumugu because he treated her like a normal girl and girls tends to be attracted by such guys (have to be a good looking though) but she was always in love with hikari, only didn't realize it. But you could tell by her actions. For an instance, that race where hikari hurt himself and she was the first one to jump and see how he was, whereas chisaki who was bragging about how much she loves hikari didn't know what to do. But for manaka it came naturally and lol chisaki got pissed off after that. But my point is manaka was in love with hikari as well. Also, I'd like to point out that hikari, before they started going school on the land, was a jerk. He was totally pushing manaka to keep up with him. Didn't care to wait for her in the first episode and treated her like a kid in few after that. And that's why manaka was attracted to tsumugu because he was the first one who didn't see her as a kid.

And guys, you are forgetting, hikari is technically miuna's uncle. So that ship was not gonna happen anyway 😂

Btw you guys didn't talk about sayu, she was the real player who got the biggest fish that is kaname. My god kaname was the hidden gem in this show for me and I'm happy my boy found someone who actually put him first..

Omg YES Sayu and Kaname was a ship I IMMEDIATELY accepted. He deserved to have someone like Sayu, who waited for him for 5 years 😭 They were pretty much set in stone the moment he put his hand on her head the first time they met. Not to mention when he saves her from falling into the last episode, immediate 10/10 for Kaname from me. Usually not a fan of pretty boys who are sweet like that but the ones I have exceptions for, boyyyy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.