Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the 10's of the person above you (DO comment with more than one sentence?)

Pages (51) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Dec 1, 2009 8:13 PM
Gintama.

Definately a good series. Gintama creates a friendly carefree atmosphere, it's humorous and enjoyable to watch. Despite it's oddities and erraticness, the series is strangely very casual and shallow. The series isnt ambitious enough to even reach for a ten, or five stars, but among mundane shows it's truly wonderful, a solid 8. Nevertheless great entertainment =)

Dec 1, 2009 8:22 PM

siddh
your a young animelist member or a newbie anime watcher so you only have one anime rated 10 yet
- oh well, giving credit to NANA since by my preview it was a lovable anime...never watched it yet though
- no love for CG nor FMA? oh boy, even if you dont give them a 10, should have given it a better grade...sigh...

Dec 1, 2009 8:28 PM

sauteed_roaches

I haven't watched any but noticed you gave CG Season 2 a 10. I watched season 1 and didn't like it. I think it's overrated.

Dec 1, 2009 8:45 PM

Death Note was a refreshing experience for me when I felt like anime was repeating the same stale genres. (well ok, that's still how I feel) Great main characters and a very original storyline. What kept it from being a ten in my book is the choice to kill off certain great characters and replace them with lesser characters, and starting all over again with a mediocre second season.

Dec 1, 2009 8:48 PM

Unibomber189 said:
Also.. wow your wallpaper brought back some memories.. lol
:)
SomethingOtaku
-not sure what I didn't like about FLCL, but guess it just wasn't for me
-oooo! Magnetic Rose! nice!
-not familiar with any of your other 10s

Dec 2, 2009 8:16 AM

@Classicalzawa

I haven't seen any of your tens except TTGL. Which I don't think deserved more than 2 episodes.

Dec 2, 2009 8:23 AM

@FreedomT1

Both Geass seasons, I agree completely.
Toradora, maybe not. IMO, it's only a 8-9 material.

Dec 2, 2009 8:31 AM
@EphemeralWind

well agree with Geass R2 season,
other material not deserves 10 :D

Dec 2, 2009 8:45 AM

@cubuk
damn everyone puts Gankutsuou a 10 :(

i downloaded it long time ago, tho i havent started watching it :(
about onepiece, after 250 you will sure change it to 10 :P

Dec 2, 2009 9:45 AM

@smokes

Cowboy Bebop

Pretty much my first anime series I ever watched, or should say got me looking into japanese cartoons. And yet I myself still see it as a quality anime (still think highly of it)

The movie is still pretty much the best movie I have seen added to an anime series.

Spike is also still one of my most favourit stylish action characters around. I wub stylish/tallented characters without bullshit/unrealistic moves.

I wont argue with your rating of 10 for it ;)
Coming soon!

Dec 2, 2009 11:20 AM

marls
-I saw I guess the first 5-6 episode of Higurashi no naku koro ni. I didn't drop it out of spite though, if I were to find it for the right price somewhere, I might consider picking it back up (although I'd more just start over at only 5-6 episodes). Next time I'm in the mood for a horror-mystery, I do plan to get back to it eventually.
-Haven't seen your other one, are they a series of movies or something?

Dec 2, 2009 6:26 PM
@classicalzawa

First of all, I'm lovin the Reboot background ;)

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of the 10s on your completed list but I've heard great things about Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann

Dec 2, 2009 6:30 PM

@Divinity_123
Oh wow loads of 10s

Haven't watched Grave of the Fireflies but know that it's a masterpiece already. Haven't watched and it's not in my plans Seto no Hanayome and Hayate. Plan to watch Nausicaa when I get the dvd on a promiton. Finally, never heard of Figure 17 before.

From what I know, kind of agree with Haruhi (I know it's overrated and stuff, but I still love it and it deserved my emotional 9!) and with Elfen Lied (same. If I re-watched it today I'd have to lower its score, but at the time it just got me out of guard).

I don't understand how Code Geass can be scored so high by some people. And I loved it. But just has too many technical flaws on every aspect.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Dec 2, 2009 6:52 PM

ladyxzeus:

You seem to be pretty sparing with your 10s, which is definitely a good thing. I don't like seeing lists where every other series has a 10 rating.

The only 10 on your list I've completed is FMA, which I thought was a very good series (and definitely in my top 10), but I probably wouldn't give it a 10. I've seen bits of Advent Children and NGE, both of which seem to be at least decent, but I don't feel comfortable judging either one yet. As for Sailor Moon...erm, I wouldn't really consider it 10-worthy, due to the loads of filler and flanderized characters. (I prefer the manga.) Still, to each his or her own.
Modified by frogurt, Dec 2, 2009 7:47 PM

Dec 2, 2009 7:04 PM

Frogurt

You currently have two 10s on your list, Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro. I've yet to see Totoro, but a friend of mine is letting me borrow the DVD this week so that will change soon. Spirited Away I thought was great, but wasn't one of my favorite films. A lot of people rate this as a 10 though, and it's easily understandable.

Dec 2, 2009 8:42 PM

Xana-The-Devine

My, my, let's see what you have here. You gave Baccano a 10 which I'm totally 100% with you there. Mafia, imortals, alchemists; what more could a person ask for? As for Evangelion 1.0, I caught some of it at a con I went to but the projector overloaded before it could finish. So I can't really speak for or against it. Gankutsuou wasn't perfect but pretty darn close IMO. I disagree on Higashi no Eden though. It's length was it's detriment; if they had more time to explore the characters and/or story it would of been better (I know there are movies coming out but I'm judging the series by itself). Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai was worse than the first series because all the mystery disappeared. That's no fun. Also, I can't comprehend the 10 for Evangelion. I know it's a really influential Anime but I hated all the characters with a fiery passion of a thousand suns. Aaaand.. the girl who leapt through time.. no problems with that. Good movie.

Dec 3, 2009 2:33 AM

ForlornHope

Lets see then, out of what I've seen.

FLCL - It's certainly interesting and different, although I'm not sure it's 10 worthy. Might be worth me watching it through again as I've heard that it takes multiple views to get the most out of it.

Haibane Renmei - Definately agree here.

Princess Mononoke - Here too, great film, great message behind it, decent characters and story.

Kigeki - Seen this pretty recently through a friend, very good for it's length and definately one of the better shorts out there.

TTGL - Not at all surprised by this, there's plenty of reasons to accept it being a 10.

Wolf's Rain - Great series here too, decent story and it remains serious without the need of random unnecessary comedy like a lot of shows have and the characters are likeable. Great soundtrack too. Same goes for the OVA.

Dec 3, 2009 5:34 AM

Seasonreaper

Lets see…

Ergo Proxy - a good anime, but too slow at some parts and no enough enjoyment for me too give a 10, but I can understand

GITS SAC - good series, great animation and great characters, I gave them a 9

Higurashi naku koro ni - yeah, amazing mystery, loved it. Didn’t give it a 10 because I think the animation should be better

Howl’s moving castle - my fav ghibli film, so I totally agree!

She and her cat - for me it was too short

Spice and Wolf - preferred the second season, got lost in some economical parts, but Horo and Lawrence are great ^^

Dec 3, 2009 6:04 AM

Maharet

Aria the Origination - I rated this a 10 as well, so I can see why anyone else would. I thought the some of the earlier episodes weren't that enjoyable, but the ending definitely made it complete.

Cardcaptor Sakura - I haven't watched this, so I can't really comment on it, but apparantly it's a classic, so it's okay.

Castle in the Sky - Haven't watched this as well, but it's Ghibli, so most of the time you can assume it's a flawless piece of art.

Clannad - Don't really agree on the score here, it was good, but to call it 'perfect'..

Code Geass R1+R2 : Haven't watched this show as well, but if it's really as good as they say it is.. (Apparantly R2 is a complete failure according to most connoisseurs?)

Death Note - YES I fully agree. No more comments needed.

ef - a tale of melodies. - This as well, I rated this a 10 as well. Very enjoyable and especially the art/animation made it worth it.
ef - a tale of memories. - I rated this an 8, simply because I didn't like all the characters and thought that in the art direction they took it a bit too far.

Ga-Rei -Zero- - Haven't watched this as well. (I should watch more, lol)?

Ghost Hunt - You surely have a lot of tens in your list.

Higashi no Eden - I agree. I rated this a 10 as well, but definitely not because of the anime as a whole.. since there was no obvious conclusion to the story yet, since the two movies will finish it. I rated it a ten because the story was unique and never seen before in an anime, and the animation + score made it a great watch.

Howl's Moving Castle - Definitely true, though I should really watch this.

Kanon (2006) - Hmm, I still don't see why many award this a perfect 10, so I'm probably missing out on something here? (I guess the magical/supernatural elements in the show didn't really do it for me. I would have preferred it to be a bit more realistic concerning some of the characters backgrounds)

Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) - Hm. KnK movies are one of a kind, but since I haven't watched this, can't really give an opinion on this.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - A classic, but haven't watched this.. so.

Ok, from here I'm only listing the ones I have watched, heh.

Spirited Away - Definitely deserves it's rating, even though I rated it a 9..

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - It was definitely a good watch, one of the most realistic shows I've watched too, but wasn't perfect.

Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou - Great show, it's indeed a lot better than it's predecessor. If only there was a third season..

Dec 3, 2009 6:15 AM

desolato

Aria the origination - Haven't seen it but looks kiddish to me

Deathnote - Agreed without a second thought

ef - haven't seen it yet but I plan to.

Eden of the East - It deserves a 10. I'd have given it if the ending wasn't a cliffhanger.

Good to see a few 10s in your entire list. I've actually come across people who've rated more than half their anime 10.

Dec 3, 2009 6:20 AM
k0k0

Samurai Champaloo: Only seen 1 ep, but I agree, it's bloody hilarious.

Baccano I've heard of, looks headed for my "to watch" list.

Dec 3, 2009 6:36 AM

CriticalEye said:

Baccano I've heard of, looks headed for my "to watch" list.

Don't waste anymore time and go watch it. It's superb.

Dec 3, 2009 8:10 AM

k0k0 said:

I'm pretty sure Aria is actually seinen.

Dec 3, 2009 8:42 AM

frogurt said:
k0k0 said:

Going by the "what magazine is it published in" test, it's shounen. Then again, the "what magazine is it published in" test is really, really bad for predicting anything, as I'm pretty damn sure that Lucky Star is not aimed at teenage males.

As for your 10's, you've got two and I've not seen one of them and saw the other I saw too long ago to remember anything much about it, so I can't really comment on either one.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

Dec 3, 2009 8:51 AM

Mawootad said:
frogurt said:
k0k0 said:

Going by the "what magazine is it published in" test, it's shounen. Then again, the "what magazine is it published in" test is really, really bad for predicting anything, as I'm pretty damn sure that Lucky Star is not aimed at teenage males.

As for your 10's, you've got two and I've not seen one of them and saw the other I saw too long ago to remember anything much about it, so I can't really comment on either one.

Gyah, you're right about Aria. I'm being a total dumbass today. :-/

As for the 10s you have, I haven't seen either one. I'm considering watching Bokurano, but I've heard it's "slit-your-wrists" depressing, so I'm not entirely sure whether I should watch it. I absolutely love the OP, though.

Dec 3, 2009 9:03 AM

Frogurt

A die hard Miyazaki fan.

Totoro - Sweet.
Spirited Away - I found this to be better than Totoro.

It's Miyazaki afterall. I have no objections.

Dec 3, 2009 9:58 AM

k0k0-

1) Samurai Shamploo: A truly great show to give a 10 too. I prolly would of given it the same score, but I didn't like the flow of the episodes. I like the more fluid type of episode progression to the next.

2) Baccano: Never heard of this show, but I might give it a try sense it looks like we agree on the same things.

Dec 3, 2009 10:11 AM

Gt_Machine :

I'm assuming your 10 Rated anime on your list were based off how much you enjoyed them.

Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Hajime no Ippo
Major S1
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Cowboy Bebop was really good I agree on that one.
I'm not big on mainstream things though so I might be a bit harsh sadly.
My Nuts Jumble.

Dec 3, 2009 10:59 AM

JumblyNuts said:

Cowboy Bebop was really good I agree on that one.
I'm not big on mainstream things though so I might be a bit harsh sadly.

correct, xD.

Dec 3, 2009 11:00 AM

JumblyNuts

-only 10 is for the Akira movie? It was all well and good, but the manga fills in a lot of gaps. No complaints on art or sound though, it has aged rather well (except for the dates used in the movie, obviously)

Gt_Machine
-Cowboy Bebop, always a solid choice
-Death Note's second half killed any chances for a potential 10 with me
-TTGL Yay! :D
-haven't seen your other ones

Dec 3, 2009 11:08 AM

classicalzawa said:
JumblyNuts

-only 10 is for the Akira movie? It was all well and good, but the manga fills in a lot of gaps. No complaints on art or sound though, it has aged rather well (except for the dates used in the movie, obviously)

Gt_Machine

I read the Manga first so that may be why I liked the anime so much and didn't have issues with the story. I am trying to be strict with tens and I dont think that if I rate something a little lower that it's not good, but it think tens should be kept for something really special. And that was for me at least. I might need to re-rate some things though.
My Nuts Jumble.

Dec 3, 2009 11:10 AM

I haven't seen any of your 10's so I can't comment T_T

Dec 3, 2009 11:24 AM

DBZ and Duel Monsters? meh.

39.9% compatibility is my comment

Dec 3, 2009 11:36 AM

classicalzawa said:
JumblyNuts

Gt_Machine

ya man, I truly get what you are talking about with Death Note's second half. It really does go down a notch from the first season. But the ending was great imo, and that's why I had to give the series a 10.

Dec 3, 2009 1:48 PM

Gt_Machine

Cowboy Bebop - I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to anime, so I haven't gotten around to watching Cowboy Bebop. I've seen a few episodes here and there on Adult Swim though, and just from that I know it definitely deserves no less than a 10.

Death Note - I LOVED Death Note. It's not in my top five anime, but it's up there. Maybe like 6. XD Anyway, this anime definitely deserved a 10. Though I do agree with Jumbly Nuts, the second half wasn't as good at the first. (The opening was, though <3)

Hajime no Ippo - Haven't watched this. I've noticed it's popularity has gone way up recently though.

Major S1 - Haven't watched.

TTGL - The number 10 doesn't even begin to describe how awesome this anime is.

Dec 3, 2009 1:54 PM

Rainney
-yes! another TTGL 10!
-Mononoke was great too, wish it got more episodes though
-same Death Note comment as above
-as for the rest, I either really didn't like them, or I never saw them

Dec 3, 2009 3:57 PM

classicalzawa

Can't comment much on those, I havn't seen either one, but I've heard good things of all of them, specially TTGL, Im pretty sure Im gonna watch that entertainment spectacle in the future. As for Interstella5555 - The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, I've never heard of that 0_o

Dec 3, 2009 4:18 PM

One Piece is quite good but I don't think it deserves a 10. I've found myself bored to death during many scenes in the series.

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen definitely deserves a 10. Still my all time favorite OVA. One of the few instances when the OVA is better than the tv series.

Dec 3, 2009 4:47 PM
Rurouni Kenshin OAV is terribly overrated, but the 10s for Clannad ~After Story~ and its offshoots seem understandable. At least for ~After Story~. Doubt Kyou and Tomoyo Chapters merited that high of a score.

Dec 3, 2009 4:53 PM

tehnominator said:
Rurouni Kenshin OAV is terribly overrated, but the 10s for Clannad ~After Story~ and its offshoots seem understandable. At least for ~After Story~. Doubt Kyou and Tomoyo Chapters merited that high of a score.

You tend to give ten's to anime series that have a mature form of love that shies away from the childhood sweetheart type of romance with the exception of Whisper of the Heart and Fruits Basket. However, the eclectic choice of Alien Nine and your type of favorite anime shows that you value the anime series that you hold special sentiments for such as being your first.

Dec 3, 2009 4:56 PM

tehnominator:

I definitely haven't seen all of your 10s, but I agree with a lot of the ones that I have seen. I am also a huge fan of Miyazaki, and Voices of a Distant Star was amazing. I gave Fruits Basket an 8 but I can definitely see why some people would rate it a 10. Akira...now that was one of those ones that I didn't understand why it was considered a flawless masterpiece. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to stuff from that long ago. As for the ones I haven't seen yet in your 10s, I am most interested in LoGH and Mushishi, planning to watch them soon.

Dec 3, 2009 4:57 PM

tehnominator said:

Tsuiokuhen is overrated but clannad isn't? Pfffft

Dec 3, 2009 4:59 PM

Veethorn said:
tehnominator said:

+ Infinity

After Story is definitely not a masterpiece. It's just another well depicted tale of tragedy.

Dec 3, 2009 5:07 PM

arimakenshin
-I like your 10s, Cowboy Bebop, LoGH, but haven't seen the other two

Dec 3, 2009 5:12 PM

arimakenshin said:
Veethorn said:
tehnominator said:

+ Infinity

After Story is definitely not a masterpiece. It's just another well depicted tale of tragedy.

not a masterpiece? then its clearly ovarrated cos its sitting in first place right now.

Dec 3, 2009 5:23 PM
First off, OMG, classicalzawa:

Your Fakir avatar wins points already, because Princess Tutu is one of the greatest anime ever made and is THE greatest mahou shoujo anime ever. And secondly, your Reboot skin in the background of your list makes me very nostalgic and happy :D

Since you have so few 10s, I can comment on them individually:

TTGL --> in my heart, this is a 10. My head tells me otherwise though.
Interstella 5555 --> I'm a big Daft Punk fan, and the retro style of the anime really went well with the music. Probably the only musical anime, isn't it?
Metropolis --> I need to re-watch this. Beautiful anime though.
Princess Tutu --> YES.
LotGH --> Inevitably, I suppose.

Veethorn said:
tehnominator said:

I never said it wasn't overrated :P I just said it was worth its score. Great anime could be overrated too. I couldn't give After Story a 10 because of the HURR DURR final episode and some minor warts here and there, but even as a severe RK fan, I couldn't see what was the big deal about the OAVs.

tizara said:
tehnominator:

Akira...now that was one of those ones that I didn't understand why it was considered a flawless masterpiece. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to stuff from that long ago.

Akira was a visionary piece of work. Again, maybe not for everyone. But considering what it accomplished back then and still does today, it is a classic. A masterpiece? I think so as well. It's a bit absurdist but it is that over the top and gruesomeness that I believe it wanted to portray.

I thought particularly that it was interesting featuring the government/end of the world conspiracy told from the ruffian punk perspective. And I liked that it took humanity down to its most elemental and basic. Creationism practically unfolded in front of our eyes in the most grotesque manner.

What sold it for me as a 10 was the final line of the movie.

That rang so many chords and about a million things could be interpreted just from those three words (three in English, three in Japanese, so it's the same).

Dec 3, 2009 5:29 PM
Veethorn said:

not a masterpiece? then its clearly ovarrated cos its sitting in first place right now.

And Twilight is ranked what, third for highest grossing weekend intake?

MAL stats mean absolutely nothing, especially when the fifth Kara no Kyoukai movie is ranked higher than something like Spirited Away or even TokiKake.

Clannad ~After Story~ is not the greatest anime of all time. Of it's kind, oh, absolutely. But ever? Nope. And please do understand I am a huge Clannad fan.

I just scrolled through the top 10 of MAL, and only three anime out of the ten deserve to be in that 10 list.

Dec 3, 2009 5:32 PM

tehnominator said:

Akira was a visionary piece of work. Again, maybe not for everyone. But considering what it accomplished back then and still does today, it is a classic. A masterpiece? I think so as well. It's a bit absurdist but it is that over the top and gruesomeness that I believe it wanted to portray.

I thought particularly that it was interesting featuring the government/end of the world conspiracy told from the ruffian punk perspective. And I liked that it took humanity down to its most elemental and basic. Creationism practically unfolded in front of our eyes in the most grotesque manner.

What sold it for me as a 10 was the final line of the movie.

That rang so many chords and about a million things could be interpreted just from those three words (three in English, three in Japanese, so it's the same).

hah...yes. I actually wrote an essay on Akira (well, partly on Akira, on film and religion in general), for which I learned quite a bit about it, so I do realize it was visionary in what it contained. However actually watching it was another story, at least for me. I think I just got turned off by the animation style. It seemed...vulgar, somehow. Maybe that was the point? I have no problem watching, say, Miyazaki's stuff from around the same time period, so I think it was really this particular animation that wasn't my taste.

However I totally agree on the revolutionary/ punk perspective thing. I really like those kinds of stories and I really wish Code Geass had gone more in that direction. I actually would be interested to find more animes told from that perspective.

Dec 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Totoro - I watched it as an adult and saw nothing special about it. I can barely remember it, actually. I sat through it, was mildly entertaining and thought to myself it's something only kids can appreciate.

If I want to watch an animation aimed at kids that I can enjoy as an adult, I'll stick to 'The Lion King', 'The Beauty and the Beast' and 'Fox and the Hound'. None of Miyazaki's 'kids only' titles moved me, making me question what's so special about him. I prefer other Ghibli directors over him, and the more... mature Ghibli titles he didn't touch.

Fruits Basket - N/A. I have read a little of the manga, and it was too girly for me, with too much sausage going around. I didn't feel it. Not sure how it compares to its short adaptation; its trailer made it look more horror than comedy, for whatever reason.

Princess Mononoke - The one Miyazaki title I truly regard highly. From the early 'demon boar' sequence near the the start, I was in awe of the film, with its wonderful music drawing me in. The fact limbs were severed proved it was no tweeny flick, and I liked that, too.

I rated it 10/10 at one point myself.

Ghost in the Shell - Mamoru Oshii, doing what he does best; speaking through the characters rather than bringing them to life. Not as bad as Patlabor 2 but it was pretty boring. The end 'chit-chat' in particular seemed to keeping dragging on.... and on forever.

I'll stick to the TV series and stay from away from anything he touchs.

Berserk - Covers the best part of the manga... from what I've seen/read, anyway. 'Nuff said.

Nausicaa - Not something I remember clearly. I liked it, and rated it 8/10 (I was kind of torn between 7/10, though...), but I didn't love it. I can't add more than that.

Whisper of the Heart - The first 40 minutes, which dragged badly at times, with needlessly lengthy cat chasing, let it down. It was excellent after that... aside from it ending right when the going got good.

On a sidenote, I prefer 'Junkers Come Here'. The difference in viewers/rating between the two is down to people thinking of Ghibli as God.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion - The Asuka fight, shota kiss and masturbation didn't make up for... whatever the hell happened at the end. It was made to clear up the ending and only managed to make it mor complicated. Fission Mailed, Gainax.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - One of the best action flicks I've seen, animated or otherwise. I rewatched it on DVD last night. Its simplistic story, which can be summed up with very little, and the 'Bloody Countess'goings on were all that let it down.

Ninja Scroll - Only the ninja rape scene has stuck in my memory. Not a very good film. Watch and forget.

Mushishi - It's wrong to give 10/10 to an incomplete sto... oh, wait.

Mushishi had its stronger episodes and weaker episodes. Its weakest was its last, and Ginko's story didn't end because the anime didn't cover the complete story. 9/10 is fair for an episodic title with some 'downs', in my mind at least.

Sweat Punch: Kigeki - 10/10? Did it even last ten minutes?

It was a nice short, but because of its length it didn't do anything jaw dropping. Watch, enjoy, forget.

Grave of the Fireflies - Not the best film to watch when holding a sharp object, but it's one of the best anime out there. In the 'depressing anime war stories rankings, it and Barefoot Gen are pretty much tied with a knot.

Akira - I was so distracted by the ugly facial art and incomprehensible story/subtitles that my eyes never followed the animation enough to notice it. In the end, I was left with characters I didn't care for, a story I wasn't following, women who looked like men and nothing else. That said, it impressed me not.

Spirited Away - Like Howl's Moving Castle, it impressed me so much that I watched it, disliked it, forgot all about it and scored it low. I wish I could remember why it irked me but my memory is a barrier, and I can't say I'm tempted to rewatch it.

Memories: Cannon Fodder - I vaguely recall something without dialogue, involving a boy, an on-going war and cannons being loaded. I think it was directed by the director of Akira, and, if so, that explains my score. Going on my poor memory, all I can say is that it bored me to tears.

Only Yesterday - I liked this film a lot, yet also had issues with it. The memories of days go by didn't generally connect very well with the present, the PMS recollection in particular not linking in. I wasn't surprised to find out on Wiki that the whole 'farming' side was added to the story for the movie.

Macross Plus Movie Edition - I felt the OVA was slightly too long, yet disliked this needless 'movie' because it was very rushed in comparison, leaving me feeling empty. The irony.

....I give up, too many 10's and I'm tired. Someone else take over - I can't remember much about most, anyway. Z.Z

Dec 3, 2009 6:00 PM

tehnominator said:
Veethorn said:

And Twilight is ranked what, third for highest grossing weekend intake?

MAL stats mean absolutely nothing, especially when the fifth Kara no Kyoukai movie is ranked higher than something like Spirited Away or even TokiKake.

It's the one huge flaw of MAL's ranking system. The newest and most popular usually are the highest rated with the exception of a few. Code Geass has more ratings than Ghost in the Shell, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Mushishi and Akira combined!

You can see the same effect on Last.fm. MAL is amazing at finding people with similar tastes and allow people to find "new" anime that they haven't watched from those lists.

Pages (51) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »