Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the 10's of the person above you (DO comment with more than one sentence?)

Pages (51) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Nov 28, 2009 12:57 PM

Aioic:

Berserk-never seen it
Code Geass-You knock Gurren Lagann but like this piece of, whatever
Death Note-I can see the first half, and I like the second half but you have to admit that second half at least puts it down to a 9
Gankutsuo-saw the first episode, it was okay
Gungrave-never seen it
Macross Zero-never seen it
Now and Then, Here and There-this was a very good series, it was just a bit too harsh for me to give it a 10

All in all, not that many but man Code Geass, bleh
My anime list

Nov 28, 2009 9:07 PM

mitamaking

-I read Azumanga Daioh's manga and was rather unimpressed. I can see where the anime could be better, but it's actually on my list of "refuse to watch", sorry!
-haven't seen Blue Seed, Comic Party, Demon City Shinjuku, Genshiken 2, FMP, anything One Piece, Soukou no Strain, or Vandread and never read Love Hina.
-Castle in the Sky is my favorite Miyazaki movie, but I'm not a fan of his on anything else.
-only saw half of FMA
-Yay! someone else who rated Metropolis a 10!
-I found Haruhi to be rather average, pretty good at times, but I hate Huarhi herself

Nov 29, 2009 11:10 AM

Aionic said:
Pranay:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Never a bright idea to give top marks to a currently airing series. It's also a remake.

Eureka Seven - It didn't impress me first time around, and I dropped it in under 10 episodes. Air surfing isn't cool in my mind. I'm going to give it another go on DVD next year when Beez release R2 AL sets for £15 x2.

Baccano - I have it pre-ordered. I'm expecting greatness.

TTGL - If not for people I wouldn't class as idiots 10ing it, I'd say only idiots give it top marks. Its last third almost made me give it 7/10.

RK OVAs - Trust & Betrayal are up there with the best anime has to offer, where as the other OVA isn't too bad.

Clannad - No clue. Air has put me off ever watching it. Over-rated moe rubbish FTL.

5cm Per Second - The most exciting thing about it is the erotic title. It came close to sending me to sleep a few times.

even though everyone are entitled to have their own opinions but calling idiots who give it a 10 ?
why so ?
i feel its a great anime and it deserved the 10
Anyways its not a rule that everyone are suppose to like all great animes which exist but if you dont like it you call the people who like them and feel it deserves 10/10 idiots lol?

to be frank death note anime part 2 is rubbish and doesnt deserve 10/10
beserk lol you gave the anime 10 ? lol
Manga i could understand but the anime a 10 , i just finished the anime and it just deserves 7 at the most.

anyways to counter what you say

Fma brotherhood is damn consistent with the episodes and is great imo and way better then the filler made fma.
If it follows the manga well, then it will get 10/10 score and it is following well apart from episode 30.

As for 5cm per second , everyone has different opinions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 29, 2009 11:31 AM

Pranay

TTGL - I'm not far enough in to give my opinion

Rurouni Kenshin - Haven't seen

Clannad ~After Story~ - One of my favorites

5cm Per Second - Another of my favorites

Baccano! - One of the only only anime I've ever preferred the dubs to subs. This series is a masterpiece.

Eureka seveN - I can agree with this, it was very well done and had a solid story.

Nov 29, 2009 2:04 PM

You're doing an amazing job of defending yourself... against what I would've said if not for TTGL bringing the inner moron out of even intelligent lifeforms, I must say. With excellent grammar, too. Go you, and you rating an adaptation of the best part of Berserk 7/10, defying all logic known to mankind.

(I advise you not to post in this thread if you can't handle both love and hate. Without the bad, there's no good. I'm honest, direct and sarcastic - a bit of a an arse, to put it plainly.)

The Sacred Blacksmith > Death Note / Xana:

Kimi ni Todoke - Another one of these early 10-10-10 people, clearly. Xana doesn't even have the excuse of being an overly emotional fangirl.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - If the plot made sense, and it was explained why a painting was so vital, it'd be a 9-10/10 film. It's too bad, really...

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Must mistake depth for incomprehensibility. Such a shame about the lack of an ending/budget...

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion - The 'best fight in a red robot ever' and the shota kiss didn't make up for the ending fuckery. Make a movie to explain the ending and explain fuck all - that's the best plan ever.

Gankutsuou - Well, you aren't entirely devoid of taste, I'll give you that. But pretty much everyone with a functional brain gives Gankutsuou top marks, so you aren't so special.

Higashi no Eden - Yeah, you jump on the bandwagon; giving 10's to the undeserving. Some people need the ability to rate 10/10 removed...

The Place Promised in Our Early Days - The first half I liked; slice of life and a love triangle. The second half fucked it all up with supernatural nonsense pulled out of a rather hairy arsehole.

You should 10/10 Ocean Waves instead. That's a pro tip.

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone - 10/10 to the three Eva's. You ain't no fanboy.

Memories: Magnetic Rose - I can't remember much about this; I just know I enjoyed it. I'll let you off.
Modified by AironicallyHuman, Nov 29, 2009 2:35 PM

Nov 29, 2009 2:20 PM

Aionic

Death Note- It's a good show I'll give you that, and it is good enough to get an 8 or maybe even a 9. But, I just couldn't give it a 10. I attribute this to the fact that certain characters seem to come up with conclusions based on almost no evidence and the characters, though generally well done, have no depth.

Gungrave- After a rather horrible first episode, the next few are much better. But, I always felt as though the sci-fi aspect of the series wasn't well done. It's another show I certainly wouldn't give a 10 to.

Gankutsuou- Only seen a few episodes and I can already tell that this show is good enough for top marks, but I'll have to see more to be sure.

Now and Then, Here and There- Haven't seen it

Code Geass- At the very least, I'd rather see a 10 for this series than its sequel. Besides Lelouch, I never really thought the cast was particularly well developed or memorable. As I've said many times, I believe this franchise relies to much on the all mighty plot twist instead of actual well written story. It's entertaining, but there isn't much substance.

Berserk- Haven't seen it, but i want to.

Macross Zero- Haven't seen it and I'm not sure if I want to if it is anything like Macross Frontier.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 29, 2009 2:21 PM

Aionic

Only two I can comment on on are Death Note, which I'm fine with and Code Geass, I don't think I could ever give it a 10, but I suppose it's not that unreasonable. I can also say that Gankutsuou is good so far, but I've only just started it.

insan3soldiern

Haven't seen the Origination yet, but unless it's a horrendous departure, it'll most likely get at least 9 from me. I've already said how I feel about Eva, in this thread, so I won't repeat myself, and I feel similarly, albeit less so, about the End of. Clannad ~AS~ and LotGH don't strike me as 10s so far, but I've just begun them.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Nov 29, 2009 2:28 PM

Nov 29, 2009 2:24 PM

You for one, Aionic, check out, altough I for one can't understand how you, or anybody on the planet for that matter, could give Berserk a 10.

Nov 29, 2009 2:27 PM

Well, I might as well move on to ShadowedgeBlade he-

ToraDora!
Haruhi
TokiKake

I hate you.

Nov 29, 2009 2:30 PM

Dozer said:
Well, I might as well move on to ShadowedgeBlade he-

ToraDora!
Haruhi
TokiKake

I hate you.
Pray tell why, if you please.

Nov 29, 2009 2:37 PM

ToraDora!:
Hand in hand with Maria Holic, it's the most unfunny piece of crap churned out this decade. A borderline retarded midget assaulting a complete stranger in his own home, just because said stranger may or may not have seen the midget slip a letter somewhere is not humorous! And telling me to laugh at it isn't humorous either! Telling me to take the guy taking care of the midget afterwards seriously is even worse!

Haruhi:
Worthless mediocre slice of life-slash-sci-fi garbage. People giving 10's to it are killing the anime industry by getting it flooded with moeshit.

Toki wo Kakero Shoujo:
The most blatant and unabashed case for incincerety I have ever seen, an otherwise good story completely ruined by an idiotic director with severe emotional issues. I have no idea how anybody could condone that movie.

Nov 29, 2009 2:47 PM

Aionic said:

The Sacred Blacksmith > Death Note / Xana:

Because it's true. I enjoy Blacksmith marginally more than I enjoyed Death Note.

Kimi ni Todoke - Another one of these early 10-10-10 people, clearly. Xana doesn't even have the excuse of being an overly emotional fangirl.

I can't enjoy a well put together and told romance story?

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - If the plot made sense, and it was explained why a painting was so vital, it'd be a 9-10/10 film. It's too bad, really...

They did explain why the painting was so vital: The museum burned down in Chiaki's time so he came to a period where the painting still existed. It's not a story about the painting though, it's more so trying to tell you to appreciate the present you are living in with it's reoccurring maxim of "Time waits for no one."

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Must mistake depth for incomprehensibility. Such a shame about the lack of an ending/budget...

Oh come now, is that the best shot you can take at this? If you have a hard time comprehending a specific part, please do let me know so I can explain it for you. It wasn't all that confusing of a series if you pay attention. The ending I thought was genius, and the movie follow up was even better. If you don't know what the last two episodes were about, you clearly didn't watch the show for more than just watching the show.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion - The 'best fight in a red robot ever' and the shota kiss didn't make up for the ending fuckery. Make a movie to explain the ending and explain fuck all - that's the best plan ever.

This didn't explain the original series ending, it was an alternate ending but thank you for knowing oh so much about the series as you've proven to have so far. Again, if you would have paid attention you would understand everything.

Gankutsuou - Well, you aren't entirely devoid of taste, I'll give you that. But pretty much everyone with a functional brain gives Gankutsuou top marks, so you aren't so special.

No argument here.

Higashi no Eden - Yeah, you jump on the bandwagon; giving 10's to the undeserving. Some people need the ability to rate 10/10 removed...

I agree, people who rate Death Note and Code Geass as 10/10 need to have that ability revoked. In all seriousness however, it was an incredibly original concept and excecuted quite well. There is a difference between jumping on the bandwagon and personally believing something is spectacular.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days - The first half I liked; slice of life and a love triangle. The second half fucked it all up with supernatural nonsense pulled out of a rather hairy arsehole.

It had supernatural/sci-fi elements consistent throughout the movie, unless you happened to have seen a different movie by the same name.

You should 10/10 Ocean Waves instead. That's a pro tip.

Haven't seen it

Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone - 10/10 to the three Eva's. You ain't no fanboy.

I wouldn't be a fanboy if I didn't appreciate the work, now would I?

Memories: Magnetic Rose - I can't remember much about this; I just know I enjoyed it. I'll let you off.

Re-watch it.

Nov 29, 2009 2:55 PM

Xana-The-Divine

Ignoring incompletes. I could personally never give Eden of the East a 10, because it's making me watch a movie(s). Already said how I feel about Eva. I clearly agree with Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo. 5 Centimeters per Second was disappointing. Clannad was good, AS isn't as good so far. I can agree with a 10s for Kai, Eva 1.0, and CENCOROLL, even though I didn't rate them as such. Haven't seen The Place Promised in Our Early Days, but it'll probably only get an OK score from me, I just don't seem to groove with Shinkai. Haven't seen Memories either, I mean it's like ten feet away, I don't have all that time to be walking and such.

Dozer said:
ToraDora!:
Hand in hand with Maria Holic, it's the most unfunny piece of crap churned out this decade. A borderline retarded midget assaulting a complete stranger in his own home, just because said stranger may or may not have seen the midget slip a letter somewhere is not humorous! And telling me to laugh at it isn't humorous either! Telling me to take the guy taking care of the midget afterwards seriously is even worse!
Well I didn't find it particularly funny either, that might be because it not a comedy, I could give you rom-com, light on the com, so I suppose you just didn't get it.

Dozer said:
Haruhi:
Worthless mediocre slice of life-slash-sci-fi garbage. People giving 10's to it are killing the anime industry by getting it flooded with moeshit.
All entertainment is basically worthless. It's not slice of life and it's more fantasy than sci-fi. That's not how moe works. Everything else is opinion, and you're free to feel that way, but, shocking as it may be, others might feel different. You seem to be aware of this already though.

Dozer said:
Toki wo Kakero Shoujo:
The most blatant and unabashed case for incincerety I have ever seen, an otherwise good story completely ruined by an idiotic director with severe emotional issues. I have no idea how anybody could condone that movie.
How is it insincere? Also this:
Dozer said:
an idiotic director with severe emotional issues
Not everyone can be as well adjusted as, say, Hideaki Anno.
Modified by ShadowbladeEdge, Nov 29, 2009 3:09 PM

Nov 29, 2009 3:42 PM

May I remind people to keep their posts civil, please. While you are "commenting" on people's scores, do remember that scores are opinions and people are entitled to them, so don't criticise people too heavily or use particularly harsh language and the likes. Keep it polite and constructive. Things like "You like X? omfg you suck balls" is not... constructive. You could say "You like X? I can't possibly fathom how, as it failed in so many regards" or something, which is more polite. Not hard now, is it?

Nov 29, 2009 4:11 PM

Shadow Blade edge
-haven't sen Fate/Stay Night, First Squad, Hayate, Hidamari Sketch, Lucky Star, Spice and Wolf, or Toradora! nor read Love Hina
-I know I saw FLCL ages ago, but it left my mind fairly easily. Been meaning to rewatch it or something.
-I definitely enjoyed Golden Boy, it's among my top 5 for OVAs, but I wish there was more.
-Girl Who Leapt Through Time, did not enjoy the ending, had it been better, I think I would've rated it higher

Nov 29, 2009 4:26 PM

classicalzawa

Do not agree with TTGL, as explained before it called me stupid and then I bitchslapped it.
Interstella is something I did not rate a 10 but have to agree. I think that it's impossible to simply rate that "work", at least for me it was a very emotional experience.
I own Metropolis dvd but never watched it. I don't know where it is. But from what I remember from the box it seems a good candidate for a 10.
I understand the reasoning behind Princess Tutu.
And I absolutely understand and almost agree on LotGH. I'm still watching it, I'm taking my time (like one episode a week, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!), my 10 is dependant on some factors...

Interesting choices in any case, Mecha/sci-fi opposed to children's fantasy. xD
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Nov 29, 2009 5:47 PM

ladyxzeus

FFVII Advent Children: Pretty, but not my thing. Never got into FF (much to the chagrin of my friends). I had trouble with the plot because I've never played FFVII.

Fullmetal Alchemist: This was so close to getting top marks with me. And then the ending happened. WTF.

Sailor Moon/R/S/etc: Watched some at the request of a friend in middle school, never got into it. Meh.

Wolf's Rain OVA: I still haven't seen the series. No comment.

NGE/End of Eva: Hmm. I liked the first half of the series better, before it got head-trippy and preachy. Haven't seen EoE yet.

Nov 29, 2009 5:53 PM

Nosferatu
-didn't like beck's manga enough to try the anime
-Gankutsuou is a future xmas gift for me :P
-lot of Gundam 0080 10s, maybe I'll check it out
-I like Robotech and Macross, but never seen Frontier
-Planetes, yay! No complaints here
-hope Samuari 7 is as good as you say, I'm trading a friend for it
-haven't seen Vampire Hunter d

Nov 29, 2009 6:24 PM

Only seen 2, so I'll comment on those.

Metropolis - I can see why someone would give it a 10, I would probably still have it as a 10 myself if I hadn't rescored a bunch of stuff since and realised it wasn't quite 10-worthy. One of the first anime I actually watched, too, and I did the entire thing when I should've been sleeping because I had an insane migraine.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Can also see why this got a 10, it's definately a well crafted series and is incredibly entertaining to watch. Sure, it doesn't really do anything different and it has a few flaws here and there, plus I hate one certain thing about the ending which you'll probably understand if you look at my favourites but apart from that, it's all good.

Nov 29, 2009 7:03 PM

No 10's on your list, so I'll go with the 9

07-Ghost: Never watched it, but I heard that its pretty good.

Nov 29, 2009 7:41 PM

Renagade07

Gave a 10 to a currently watching show, tch, tch

Cowboy Bebop-sure, I guess it deserves a 10
Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny OVa-I don't even know how you fell upon this seeing you never saw Ikkitousen before it, never seen it
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann-CORRECT
Melencholy of Haruhi-CORRECT
Trigun-never seen it
My anime list

Nov 29, 2009 8:36 PM

mitamaking

I am not surprised that you like the first FMA instead of the remake. (I don't see it on your list for some odd reason.) However, if I get the chance to score both, I will give them both a 10. Yes, getting a 10 is easier on my scoring system and I don't think there's nothing wrong for rating an unfinished anime. It will help other people check to see if it's worth their time, you know what I mean.

TTGL and Haruhi are the only things that we have in common with a score of 10. I am not surprised at all. The rest are movies on which I will rate it a 10 if I can watch it. It might have something to do with an epic scale storyline to impress you.

FMP Fumoffu? That's show is too hilarious that I also gave a score of 10 on it too.

Vandread a 10? Might be. Watched it on Animax and liked it. It might be sentimental to you that's why you scored it a 10? Anyway, these are all assumptions. Don't get mad at me.

Nov 29, 2009 10:26 PM
Yastsuslave's (Yatsushiro's) Anime List out of 10's.

Way too many 10's most of them not deserving, the only ones i really agree on are Clannad ~After Story~, Eva series + Movies, Toradora, and Elfen Lied.

You must be impressed very easily for +70 of your series to be rated as a 10.

Nov 29, 2009 10:35 PM

@Hanyuu-hauu

Clannad After Story - I can't agree on your rating it a 10.

Code Geass - OF course I agree, it's my favorite show.

EVA- I don't think it deserves a ten, it's vastly over rated.

Toradora - Again one of my favorite shows, full support the ten.

We've seen almost the same amount of series, but you have more tens than I do. I haven't seen the other series that you gave tens to so I can't comment.

Nov 29, 2009 10:37 PM

@FreeomT1

Code Geass Season 1&2 Cant Disagree

Havent seen Toradora!

Nov 29, 2009 10:59 PM

alc51893

The only ones I agree on are ~After Story~ and I can see why someone would rate Death Note a 10, though I personally wouldn't.

Claymore- Even though Claymore is really good for the first twenty something episodes, I still wouldn't give it a 10 at that juncture. The only character to receive any character development is Clare, and Character development is a big part of my ratings.

Yu Yu Hakusho- Been a while since I've seen it, so I won't comment.

Dragon Ball Z- Hell no, just hell no. I can maybe understand if it is just for nostalgia's sake or something, but even then I couldn't see myself giving it over a 7. It represents everything I dislike about shounen with it's absolutely horrible one dimensional characters, fights that last forever, and it's inability to just end. It did get me into anime, I suppose, but it definitely isn't a masterpiece.

Code Geass- I've already stated what I think of this when I graded Aionic, read that if you want my thoughts.

Code Geass R2- Same as above, but even worse than its prequel imo. I don't mind plot twist, but this series just gets ridiculous. Not to mention that, in many ways, some of the main female characters are just walking fanservice and the characters are actually worse than the first series. It did have a cool ending, though.

Kanon(2006)- For some reason, this is my least favorite of the Key/KyoAni trilogy. It doesn't help that I disliked most of the characters and found the male lead to be rather bland. The stories themselves were good, but it's hard to enjoy the story to the fullest when you generally dislike the characters.

Clannad- This I can see, it has a great cast and wonderful story arcs. The problem is that this series ultimately amounts to a setup of ~After Story~ if you take into account the big picture. I like how Clannad develops the main romance in the background and the fact that the characters of each arc don't just disappear (well, most of them don't) after their story is done.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 29, 2009 11:10 PM

insan3soldiern
I didn’t see nearly all your 10. So I will comment at least one which I saw.

Evangelion - Good, but I didn’t like it so much, there are other, maybe newer animes, but they used its ideas much better. Not to mention the ending. It was strange (and I like strange one), but it didn’t fit into anime like this one in my opinion.

Nov 30, 2009 12:01 AM

insan3soldiern said:
alc51893

The only ones I agree on are ~After Story~ and I can see why someone would rate Death Note a 10, though I personally wouldn't.

Claymore- Even though Claymore is really good for the first twenty something episodes, I still wouldn't give it a 10 at that juncture. The only character to receive any character development is Clare, and Character development is a big part of my ratings.

Yu Yu Hakusho- Been a while since I've seen it, so I won't comment.

Dragon Ball Z- Hell no, just hell no. I can maybe understand if it is just for nostalgia's sake or something, but even then I couldn't see myself giving it over a 7. It represents everything I dislike about shounen with it's absolutely horrible one dimensional characters, fights that last forever, and it's inability to just end. It did get me into anime, I suppose, but it definitely isn't a masterpiece.

Code Geass- I've already stated what I think of this when I graded Aionic, read that if you want my thoughts.

Code Geass R2- Same as above, but even worse than its prequel imo. I don't mind plot twist, but this series just gets ridiculous. Not to mention that, in many ways, some of the main female characters are just walking fanservice and the characters are actually worse than the first series. It did have a cool ending, though.

Kanon(2006)- For some reason, this is my least favorite of the Key/KyoAni trilogy. It doesn't help that I disliked most of the characters and found the male lead to be rather bland. The stories themselves were good, but it's hard to enjoy the story to the fullest when you generally dislike the characters.

Clannad- This I can see, it has a great cast and wonderful story arcs. The problem is that this series ultimately amounts to a setup of ~After Story~ if you take into account the big picture. I like how Clannad develops the main romance in the background and the fact that the characters of each arc don't just disappear (well, most of them don't) after their story is done.
'

Yeah I only rated dbz because brings back old memories also for claymore I rated it a ten because I read some of the manga first and the ending it didn't bother me so much.

Nov 30, 2009 2:55 AM

alc51893

I have rated both Black Lagoon series 10 simply because I know they're a continuation of each other and hugely compliments each other.

Blood+ is quite satisfying, while I haven't gone to seeing Clannad and Kanon, Code Geass (I saw Mechas...later).

You've rated Yu Yu Hajusho a 10 - OK, I'm going to watch it now...I've been delaying that for some time now and despite it's look; it actually seems interesting.

Next one after me can safely skip my list. I know...I know...I'm f***king generous with the 10s.

Nov 30, 2009 3:12 AM

@ TsukikageRan

Wow ALOT of 10's and I've only seena fraction of them it seems lol.

I'll comment on the ones I've seen only so it's fair =P

Full Metal Panic: The only Mecha anime I liked so it's only fitting some people like it more than me, some real fun characters in that one. I'd stick it to the Captain lol =)

Rozen Maiden: I enjoyed this one as well, Shinku was a great lead character and the plot developed well, only grievance I have with it is it ended too quickly, it could have easily stretched another 13 episodes!

Elfen Lied: A nice grim anime, plenty of gratuitous violence, I just dont think it was as well developed as Higurashi is.

Hellsing: Best of the Vampire anime in my opinion, some of the best characters too, I love Seras, her dub VA really does it for me lol.

Tales of Eternia: I didn't like this too much, it detoured from the game plot a bit too much for my liking, Melody was cool though but that was about it. Tales of Symphonia has a better adaption than this.

Air: By far the worse of Key's work in my opinion, the first half is great, Potato is the best pet ever but the second half of this destroys all credibility the anime has. I found it to be intolerably stupid by the end. Kanon and Clannad are far better!

Galaxy Angel: This was ok, some plots were fun depending on the characters in them but most were pretty stupid. I only really liked Mint and Ranpha, that was it, the rest were just annoying.

Haruhi Suzumiya: Yep first season was good...pity bout the second, needn't say anymore lol.

Lovely Complex: Top anime, my favourite romance comedy, the twist revealed in episode 5 still makes me lol to this day!

Lucky Star: Yep good if you just want to kick back and see typical people doing typical things, besides Kagami is one of the best Tsunderes ever along with Taiga =)

Azumanga Daioh: Currently watching, im enjoying this so far, just Osaka's airheadedness is rather annoying at times.

FFVII: AC: I liked this but the only problem I had with it is that it had a distinct lack of Cid and Yuffie, the two best chars in FFVII =P

FF: SW: Hated this, it was an awful movie with no plot and relied on pretty CG to make you overlook it. Thankfully most people didnt and rated it badly

REC: I thought this was ok, nice and short and to the point!

Higurashi: Best anime ever, I absolutely adore this anime, the Kai season was amazing when you watched it straight after the first one!

Magikano: One of the first anime I remember watching since Dragonball, I liked a lot of the characters in this, only thing that disappointed me was the ending!

Kyou no Go no Ni: I didnt like this too much, guess it was the art style that put me off, the kids were a little young to be in as many perverted situations in my opinion!

Nov 30, 2009 3:15 AM

SuperKyou
- I'll only comment on the ones I've seen

Umineko..is it really that good? I've heard lots of mixed reviews about it.
Hellsing is quite good.
All the Higurashi series.. well, I like season 1 a lot but season 2 doesn't seem as awesome.

Nov 30, 2009 3:18 AM

This is a little easier, only one 10 anime I know lol.

Caanan: I enjoyed this though I preferred the villian to any of the others, the ending left it open for another season though if that happens I dont know.

As for my own list Alexis, I really like Umineko, it's got the same vibes that Higurashi has not to mention some absolutely fantastic VA's for just about everyone.

Nov 30, 2009 3:21 AM

SuperKyou

Yeah, the CANAAN ending does leave an opening for season 2. Hopefully there'll be one.
Thx. Might check Umineko out.

Nov 30, 2009 3:28 AM

@AlexisSolitaire

CANNAN - For me it was average anime. I wasnt able to get into it, because I didnt like main heroine and Maria. Others were fine, but didnt save it.

Death Note - I understand that one. But afte first half it wasnt so good. I read manga before anime aired, but I must say it has very good execution.

Nov 30, 2009 3:29 AM

@AlexisSolitaire

Canaan - I thought it was pretty meh to be honest, I was expecting Black Lagoon type action but what I got was pretty underwhelming.

Death Note - I can understand why a lot of people liked it, its a pretty solid show but the second half really brought it down since it felt much more like it just repeated the first half.

@monkatx

Baccano! - Great series, a bit too hectic at times but I guess that was the point of the show.

Haibane Renmei - Even though enjoy Slice of Life shows, I thought majority of it was kind of boring, although the last 2 or 3 episode kind of made me dislike the show less.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - ughh... I can't really understand how people can give this show a 10.
Modified by MagEarwhig, Nov 30, 2009 3:40 AM

Nov 30, 2009 3:53 AM

saintcross said:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - ughh... I can't really understand how people can give this show a 10.

I would normally never give this show 10, but it got absolutely everything what make shonen anime so awesome and despising at the same time. It was just so crazy and cliché that it has to get 10.

As for your list, I haven’t seen any of your few 10, so I can’t comment.

Nov 30, 2009 3:59 AM

monkatx

Both Baccano! and Haibane Renmei are great anime, so I can agree with a 10 for the both of them. And, yes, from a purely entertaining standpoint I can understand giving Gurren Lagann a 10, though it doesn't personally meet my criteria for over a 7.

I haven't seen any of your other 10's, though I'm planning on checking out each of them. Bokurano sounds particularly interesting and I'll definitely check out Utena because of its classic status, since I love old anime.

- Geralt of Rivia

Nov 30, 2009 5:45 AM

@insan3soldier:

i'm planning to see Aria and LOGH, got great expectations on both, Maison Ikkoku seems interesting as well, but 96eps. for a romance are far too much for me

of those I've seen, I also gave 10 to Evangelion, while EoE and Clannad AS are at 9, so nothing to complain

Nov 30, 2009 6:15 AM

Renagade07 said:
No 10's on your list, so I'll go with the 9

07-Ghost: Never watched it, but I heard that its pretty good.

Where did you get that info from o.O? I can't see anyone around that has a profile even close to that =|.

Coltaine

Haibane Renmei - Definately agree with this, incredible series

Monster - Not seen it myself, but I've heard plenty of good things about it and it seems pretty interesting

Neon Genesis Evangelion - I can see why you would give this a 10, great series. Although I personally think it has a few flaws which lower the score a little, they aren't particularly major and can quite easily be outweighed by the rest of the series.

Nov 30, 2009 6:17 AM

Coltaine

You have only three 10s, Monster, Haibane Renmei, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Of those, I've only seen Eva and also rated it as a 10/10.

Seasonreaper I'm too slow D:

Gunslinger Girl - Haven't seen yet but I plan to within the next few months.

GiTS - I've only seen bits of 2nd Gig and have seen the Solid State Society movie.

Howl's Movie Castle - Thought it was pretty good, a 10 is understandable.

Ergo Proxy - That also will be watched at around the same time as Gunslinger Girl

She and Her Cat - A masterpiece, one of the most beautiful things I've seen

Higurashi - Again, a fantastic series. I personally thought the second season was better, but everything has preference.

I have not seen the last three so therefore cannot comment.
Modified by Xanatos, Nov 30, 2009 6:27 AM

Nov 30, 2009 6:21 AM

@Seasonreaper

Texhnolyze - yes, our man! Ergo Proxy - gave it 9/10, it's great; Howl's Moving Castle - very good, but not 10 (though I think it's the best fairytale-like anime); She and Her Cat - heartfelt, but definitely not 10.

Nov 30, 2009 6:36 AM

@Seasonreaper
Ergo Proxy - That one was good. I completely understand.
Haibane Renmei - I rated it 10 too.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - It was good, but quality of story arcs was very variable.
Howl's Moving Castle - Overrated for me.
She and Her Cat - Too short to get 10.
Texhnolize - That was weird anime. Very weird. I didn’t get around half of the things that were happening and this is why it didn’t get better score from me.

@Xana-The-Divine
5 Centimeters per Second - I know, that one was beautiful.
Baccano! - You read my mind!
Cencoroll - If it got fully fledged anime, then this show would rock.
Gankutsou - I agree.
Higashi no Eden - I would still wait what will movie bring. I didn’t like how it ended.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - More consistent than first season, but this time too slow.
Kimi ni Todoke - Eh.... Well if you insist.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - I already commented about this one other where. Good ideas, but it wasn’t enough for me. Latter anime which come after used its idea much better.
The Place Promised in Our Early Days - It was too long. They could make it only 1 hour long and it would be much better.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - I liked that one too.

@BioMax
Texhnolyze - look up
That is only one I saw from your list.

@Nitre
Gintama – It is comedy and already too long. I did not like some episodes and hate when they start with anal jokes. Otherwise good anime.
Mushishi - I watched it very long time ago and I know I liked it. But it too slow for me at that time.
Modified by monkatx, Nov 30, 2009 6:44 AM

Nov 30, 2009 7:58 AM

monkatx

baccano ttgl you gave 10 so i agree with those.

eureka 7 and death note you could had given it atleast 8 cause they were damn good imo.

Nov 30, 2009 8:56 AM

Pranay

The 10's that i should i agree about is the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs and Clannad~AS~
Never previewed Baccano yet...
TTGL should be nice even not even fully familiar with it...

Nov 30, 2009 9:33 AM

@sauteed_roaches

Among ur rare 10s, I definitely agree with u abt CG R2.

Clannad AS - I can understand why you give it 10 though I dun agree with it.

The rest I haven't seen yet.

As for other shared anime, I do think NGE and Noein should deserve more. ^^
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 30, 2009 10:02 AM

@Freedom_Gunboy: Well I can defiitely agree with you on your 10 for Code Geass, despite all the ppl who say it's overrated ;p

As for your otehr 10s I haven't really seen them but Legend of the Galactic Heroes seems pretty epic from the amount of fame it gets around here (I'll have to look into watching it sometime) and I can totally see why you'd give the Kenshin one a 10 (I've never seen the anime, but I read the manga it was epic). I've never seen anything Gundam related to I can't comment about that, although one of my friends really loves Gundam. You don't seem to give out 10s very easily which is good :3

Nov 30, 2009 11:55 AM

SapphireStar26

-Code Geass....really not my thing, not sure why, it just wasn't

and I haven't seen or read any of your other 10s, sorry!

Nov 30, 2009 1:30 PM

@classicalzawa

You gave Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a 10, so did I!, I completely AGREE with your rating. It's the greatest action anime ever put together.

As for your other 10's I have never seen it, but if I did I would most likely rate it a 10.

ps. person below, have fun. :3

~daRUDE

Nov 30, 2009 1:48 PM

Darude

there's something wrong with your ratings :F
well...I'm going to pick Love Hina...10??? no way

Nov 30, 2009 1:50 PM

Darude said:
@classicalzawa

You gave Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a 10, so did I!, I completely AGREE with your rating. It's the greatest action anime ever put together.

As for your other 10's I have never seen it, but if I did I would most likely rate it a 10.

ps. person below, have fun. :3

~daRUDE

You rated everything as a ten, and as such I an not take you seriously so I can't comment on your tastes.

Pages (51) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »