Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the 10's of the person above you (DO comment with more than one sentence?)

Pages (51) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Nov 24, 2009 12:34 PM

What do you think of the anime the person above you has ranked a 10?

Why wouldn't you ever give them a 10?

EDIT: Please try to write a little more than a sentence... and please if you post DO comment.
Modified by Veethorn, Dec 27, 2009 6:01 PM

Nov 24, 2009 12:39 PM

I haven't seen One Piece, but I tend to shy away from it because of its genre. I have no issues with Grave of the Fireflies or Princess Mononoke. I haven't seen the Ruroni Kenshin movie, but when I tried out the series I found it boring as hell.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.

Nov 24, 2009 12:40 PM

The only anime that I watched/have been watching that you gave a 10 is One Piece, since I'm only in episode 64 I can't really comment on that.

Nov 24, 2009 12:48 PM

CDRW said:
I haven't seen One Piece, but I tend to shy away from it because of its genre. I have no issues with Grave of the Fireflies or Princess Mononoke. I haven't seen the Ruroni Kenshin movie, but when I tried out the series I found it boring as hell.

You can watch Tsuiokuhen as a whole, no need to watch Rurouni Kenshin (though it's specially good for someone who's seen and liked the first series).

Anyway funny how you also rated Mononoke and Grave of the Fireflies a 10, great movies indeed. I have yet to see Spirited Away, but I will soon. As for the others havn't seen them yet, but Princess Tutu has raised my interest (too many series ahead of it though)

Nov 24, 2009 12:55 PM

@ Veethron. The One Piece 10 is fine by me, you are only at 218, it's only going to get better especially since your in the part of the story where Oda's foreshadowing starts to take effect. Grave of the Fireflies i don't think quite deserves the 10, it's great but i feel it had some pacing issues. Princess Mononoke is great and haven't seen the RK Ova.

@Cowabunga, Cowboy Bebop is definitely deserving of it's praise and the 10 you gave it. And while i enjoy LoGH My Conquest i just can't bring myself to give it a 10 after seeing the entire series.

Nov 24, 2009 2:22 PM

Hehe One Piece a 10 :) Hellsing Ultimate is pretty cool, but im only at episode 2. Haven't seen Aria. Cowboy Bebop is good, especially the last episodes, but I think it's overrated. Higurashi season 1 was awesome, shrouded in mystery and all... Lovely complex.. meh.. I guess it's OK. Haven't seen the rest

Nov 24, 2009 3:02 PM

Don't really want to comment myself, but I want to see someone commenting on all my 97 10's. :D

Nov 24, 2009 3:13 PM

@Seisha

You obviously don't set the bar for "masterpiece" very high. :3

Nov 24, 2009 3:14 PM

I'm only going to comment on the ones that we have in common and from my point of view you enjoy a good story with drama and action at the same time you also enjoy a very large number of echhi and adventure anime.Anyway you give out a 10 kinda easy I'd say Hatenkou Yuugi the anime isn't complete in order to be worth a 10 the same can go to Kamen no Maid Guy.Also I don't think Ichigo 100% is a 10 anime come one the main char is annoying.
The other ones we have in common that you rated a 10 are worth between a 9 and 10 I presume

@Haylias
From what I can see you have 3 tens in your list and I like all of those shows <3 :D their great
Modified by SquareZ, Nov 24, 2009 3:27 PM

Nov 24, 2009 3:16 PM

^^^ Not gonna comment on each one of them, but overall : ecchi harem overkil. The only ones I can understand are Baccano and Welcome to the NHK.

^^ I gave those a 9 and two 10s

^ One Piece and HSD Kenichi? You hero you! Can understand the rating for Death Note but haven't seen Nagasarete Airantou
Modified by js930, Nov 24, 2009 3:22 PM

Nov 24, 2009 3:28 PM

The only one I can agree with is TTGL; just pure fun to watch.

The others I haven't seen besides Higurashi, and that wasn't a 10 to me.

Nov 24, 2009 3:41 PM

@Blaze-Senpai

TTGL: It will never be a 10 for me, the clinical eye tells me it was just average pretending to be awesome. Their fault for trying to explain me things I already knew.

Haven't watched any of the others, but meh, Canon and Clannad are just harem disguised as romance. Edit: Ok, I now noticed your list background. Now it makes sense.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Nov 24, 2009 3:52 PM

@ladyxzeus

A sailor moon fan I see. Maybe it's a girl thing or some kind of nostalgia but I don't really get it. FMA and Evangelion I can understand as both have many points that a lot of people love. Haven't seen the Wolf's Rain OVA and while advent children was pretty kick ass I don't know if I'd put it in the masterpiece realm.

Nov 24, 2009 4:03 PM

ladyxzeus said:
@Blaze-Senpai

TTGL: It will never be a 10 for me, the clinical eye tells me it was just average pretending to be awesome. Their fault for trying to explain me things I already knew.

Haven't watched any of the others, but meh, Canon and Clannad are just harem disguised as romance. Edit: Ok, I now noticed your list background. Now it makes sense.
What are you trying to say? :(

Nov 24, 2009 4:07 PM

@ MEGATRON

i haven't seen any of them other than honey and clover II. i have to say i totally agree with your score for it. it was like one of the most epic anime for me(:
:):):):):):):)

Nov 24, 2009 5:02 PM

@sctg_x316

ive only seen death note and some of lovely complex out of your 10s, i havent finished lovely complex though and have it on hold, and i thought death note was good but i didnt think it was worth a 10 rating. i do plan on watching honey and clover though as it looks really good

Nov 24, 2009 5:05 PM

Higurashi? Eh, I won't even bother with it. It must be those psychopathic anime girls. No thanks.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Nov 24, 2009 5:58 PM

@KyuuA4

The only ten on the list is Haruhi season 1. I can't agree with that. Haruhi is decent at best, really overrated. At least IMO, so please don't take offense to that.

Nov 24, 2009 5:58 PM

^^ Just Haruhi? Hmm, ok. I've only seen one ep of it though, but it seems to be allright. =w=b

^As for you Mr. Ninja, you used the word overrated so I allready have you on my blacklist. Your 10 for Todadora doesn't help the matter. :P I haven't seen the others.
Hometown hero

Nov 24, 2009 6:00 PM

KyuuA4

No 10s?

You have alot of 9s though

of your 9s I disagree most with your rating of Rozen Maiden, which I didn't really find that good.

I most agree with your rating of MGLN A's :) one of my favorites, I also gave it a 9.

Edit: blah too slow

TurnipKing:

I've only seen Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo of your 10s. I can agree with that more or less, it was definitely a good movie. I'm about to watch Welcome to the NHK, hopefully it can be one of my 10s soon :D

Nov 24, 2009 6:17 PM

@Rhastaroth....out of the only three 10s you give, I've watched only higurashi. Nothing disagreeable with that, though I think Kai is better than the first season.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 24, 2009 6:45 PM

@-Freedom_Gunboy-

Pretty typical 10s in comparison to the masses, especially the ones for Code Geass and Death Note. I'm guessing the Elfen Lied OVA is lumped with the 10 from the series. The only real complaint I could have is with Naruto. I understand the feeling of nostalgia, but hell I loved Love Hina at one point, and now... well, what I'm saying is don't let nostalgia cloud your idea of what is and isn't the best. Keep enjoying FMA: Brotherhood, that 10 rating should stick all the way through :3
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Nov 24, 2009 6:45 PM

@Freedom:

You must have high standards for rating shows, since you only gave one anime a 10. Maybe you'll give more shows 10s once you complete them. I haven't seen FMA: Brotherhood, so I can't agree with you on whether or not it deserves a 10.

Nov 24, 2009 7:26 PM

@PockyBebop:

A 10 for Castle in the Sky? Maybe I missed something on my first watch.

Seeing as I gave Cowboy Bebop a 10 as well, I couldn't agree with you more. (Excellent, excellent show.)

Death Note may be full of suspense, but I doubt the anime is that much better than the manga, which I gave an 8.

I'd agree with Mushishi if it wasn't so damn episodic (which I realize is part of its charm) but I did still give it a 9.

NGE? Really? I guess it is still a good show. But with all of the gaping plot holes and the fact that it doesn't really hit its stride until roughly halfway through (when the budget was cut, no less) keep me from giving Anno's "masterpiece" such a high grade. And this is coming from someone who has the show in his top five AND gave it a 9.

As for Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers, I personally felt the former could have been better, but we can probably both agree that Kon is awesome.

And I'll have to trust you on that Lupin movie.

Overall, it's nice to see other people who don't give out 10s on a whim.

I'll stop now, before this gets too long.
Modified by Never_Know_Best, Jun 4, 2010 2:39 AM

Nov 24, 2009 7:35 PM

@Bakura

awesome tastes, nothing wrong with the 10 you gave, Bebop Kino and Haibane are masterpieces of anime, uniques and strong atmosphere and style, Bebop and Haibane probably have the best original soundtrack I've ever listened, I'll check out Millennium Actress later

Nov 24, 2009 7:39 PM

@Falkenn

Glad you're enjoying Haibane and Mushishi. Fantastic stuff, the both of them. Seems you really go for the more acclaimed moe stuff; notably Aria, Clannad, and the criminally underwatched Hidamari Sketch. Can't really complain on much here, other than watch more Makoto Shinkai.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!

Nov 24, 2009 8:01 PM

@Splitter

i dont feel worthy on commenting on your 10s... especially since ive only seen one of them (TTGL). maybe ill consider watching some of your 10s, seeing as they are all well known series....
i prob wont try higurashi tho... i watched two eps of it randomly once and i found it really boring....

Nov 24, 2009 8:19 PM

@ukiuki.. I've watched four of your five 10s. I have no real discrepancy with NHK, higashi and Gankutsuou (adaptation of my fav novel). ^^ But, fumoffu is given 10? you like the parody or cuz is it extremely funny?

Splitter said:
. The only real complaint I could have is with Naruto. I understand the feeling of nostalgia, but hell I loved Love Hina at one point, and now... well, what I'm saying is don't let nostalgia cloud your idea of what is and isn't the best.

Seriously, how will my nostalgia and overrating for naruto affect my appreciation of other shows? what doesl "don't let nostalgia cloud your idea of what is and isn't the best" mean?

And, yup you are rite about elfen lied ova. It actually happened between ep 10 and 11, and it's in the manga.

PockyBebop said:
@Freedom:

You must have high standards for rating shows, since you only gave one anime a 10. Maybe you'll give more shows 10s once you complete them. I haven't seen FMA: Brotherhood, so I can't agree with you on whether or not it deserves a 10.

Did you happen to click "show all" link?
Modified by ForsakenArcher, Nov 24, 2009 10:25 PM
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Nov 24, 2009 9:57 PM

@-Freedom_Gunboy-
I have seen pretty much all your 10s and, even though I didn't rate most of them the same, I agree their all really good. Except Code Geass. It was good but didn't deserve a 10 from me. But you make up for it by having seen and loving Gundam 0080.

Nov 24, 2009 10:03 PM

ObsidianJoy- if you thought that FMA was a 10, you might have to recalibrate your scale after watching FMA: Brotherhood. :) And I thought that Conqueror of Shambala was -way- disappointing.

Nov 24, 2009 10:08 PM

Let's see. Your 10's are only on some old series that I flat out skipped during the 1990's. Though, eventually, I'll get around to Monoke... or however you spell it. XD

NOTE: For the record, Haruhi is my only 10. Everything else is a 9 or below. >:D

Why? Because I'm funny. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Nov 24, 2009 10:26 PM

Well, I didn't see so many 10's, but I did see many 9's and 8's xD You were right.
But I agree, Haruhi is awesome >:3

Nov 24, 2009 10:39 PM

Death Note score of a 10 is overrated I suppose. Not really sure how to comment right since I didn't give a 10 to Higurashi either.

Nov 24, 2009 10:56 PM
@Sasu-neko

5 Centimeters per Second
My score: 7/10
Even though animation was indescribable great, plot was rather too slow and boring, IMO. But, I can see why you rated it with maximum score.

Death Note
My score: 9/10
For a long time I too have rated it with 10/10, but after watching LOGH and some other far better titles, I believe it doesn't deserve to be rated as them.

Fullmetal Alchemist
My score: 6/10
It was too boring, and I practically forced myself to finish it.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Entertaining title, but I don't think it deserves highest score.

Spirited Away
All Miyazaki's movies are masterpieces, but Spirited Away wasn't as impressive as Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
My score: 10/10
One of best mecha titles I watched, despite some boring moments.
Gainax. <3

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Great anime movie, but it simply isn't one of those which had impressed me on a highest level.

Nov 25, 2009 12:48 AM

Blaze-Senpai said:
ladyxzeus said:
@Blaze-Senpai

What are you trying to say? :(

That you oubviously love the boobs. :3

Psajdak:
Wow, those are a lot.
Agree with NGE, LotGH and I understand the whys of Juuni Kokuki and Onizuka.
All the rest seems to have a great deal of nostalgic influence.
Except for Baccano!, for me that show was a piece of average crap that insisted on calling me an idiot. Same with TTGL. Kino's Journey just did not "click" at me - mostly because of the excessively basic art.
From your 10s I only did not watch Utena (nostalgy as well, I bet), Nausicaa and Fate/Stay Night (at first sight seems pretty bad)

Nov 25, 2009 3:58 AM

ladyxzeus said:

Oh wow... I can imagine you as one of those Sailor Moon fangirls back in the day. XD

Nov 25, 2009 4:25 AM

Well you have only one 10 and that's haruhy didn't see the show but everyone said it's nice so probably it deserves a 10

Nov 25, 2009 4:29 AM

One Piece- no idea. Haven't watched/read it.
Death Note definitely deserves a 10.
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi- no comment
Ouran- ugh.

Overall, the only 10 I agreed with would be DN.

Nov 25, 2009 4:45 AM

CANAAN - haven't seen.
Death Note - Yes, deserves a 10.
Death Note Rewrite - Don't know.
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Yes, it was good, but personally I'd give it a 9. I don't know, it seemed to be missing something.
Melancholy of Haruhi-Chan Suzumiya - Don't agree. Watched the first episode and then didn't bother.

Nov 25, 2009 4:57 AM

I'm very glad to see Death Note and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time at 10's. I haven't seen any of your other 10 scores, but I see you're another one of the many giving things like Clannad and Kanon 10's. I'm skeptical about these titles, but it does make me wonder. (:

Nov 25, 2009 5:11 AM

Not a lot to say. The only 10 you gave is to The Girl Who Leaped Through Time, which I thought was good, but not great. Kudos to you on not giving out a 10 at the drop of a hat, though.

Nov 25, 2009 5:33 AM

ArnoldK

Elfen Lied? Grave of the Fireflies and Princess Mononoke were good. Haven't seen the others.

Nov 25, 2009 5:42 AM

ArnoldK said:
Not a lot to say. The only 10 you gave is to The Girl Who Leaped Through Time, which I thought was good, but not great. Kudos to you on not giving out a 10 at the drop of a hat, though.

...I also gave a 10 to Death Note. Just slipping that in there. Ignore me otherwise.

Nov 25, 2009 5:48 AM

@ DeusExMachina

No complaints about Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, it's a very good film. The only reason I gave it a 9 instead of the 10 was because I didn't like the way they changed the tone of the ending.

As for Death Note, I'm not finished with it yet, but it doesn't deserve a 10 from what I have seen. I enjoyed Kaiji much more for suspense.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[

Nov 25, 2009 6:24 AM

flygon250

Your avatar is disturbing.
Haven't watched Totoro (but know it's good, it's just that I want to buy the dvd before I watch) and never heard of Habane Renmei.

Agree with NGE and fully understand the why for Princess Tutu and the Cubes, as they are bort artistic masterpieces.

Nov 25, 2009 7:27 AM

@ladyxzeus

FMA and EVA, totally agree on the 10s. I have seen tiny amounts of sailor moon so i can't say much there, but i definitely would never give wolf's rain (tv or ova) a 10. me and that show just never connected i guess. surprising though, out of the hundreds of stuff on your list there was only like 4 shows (grouping all sailor series together) that got 10s which imo is better than thinking ever show is god's gift to anime.

Nov 25, 2009 9:18 AM

@Kawaiimisato:

I've only completely seen the code geasses and Elfen lied. Elfen lied was great, just not as good as the manga. Code geass & R2 Are, in my opinion, one of the most overrated shows on this site. I simply can't see any reason to like them :|

I' ve heard that FMA sucks compared to the manga and the newer version, can't really say anything else. I've seen a few episodes of NGE when it aired here in Finland, but can't really say anything else about it either.

Nov 25, 2009 9:21 AM
@Jarez0: Cowboy Bebop had some rather boring episodes, so I couldn't give him maximum score.

Nov 25, 2009 9:37 AM
@psajdak: I assume that you rated the pokemon movies a 10 for nostalgia's sake? While I wouldn't label most your choices for 10s (or at least, the ones I've seen) as 10s, I do agree that Utena rocked.

Nov 25, 2009 10:00 AM

@ psgels

I will comment on the ones i have seen:

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - I can see why you have chosen to give this a ten, it has a gripping storyline and is a very emotional piece of work

Paranoia Agent - Again this is a brilliant show and the way the themes and metaphors are shown in animation and storyline rather than just basic quotable lines from the character is unique and very clever

hack//SIGN - What the hell man!!!! this show is terrible......... this is just my opinion, but i think i would give it a 4.... the pacing in this show is horrific

Psajdak said:
@Jarez0: Cowboy Bebop had some rather boring episodes, so I couldn't give him maximum score.

name one!!

and explain what is boring about it =)
Modified by Kaiserpingvin, Nov 25, 2009 10:09 AM
I'm just an immortal kind of guy...

Pages (51) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »