Forum Settings
Forums

Comment on the 10's of the person above you (DO comment with more than one sentence?)

New
Pages (50) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2010 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
@LV69_Squirtle

5 cm. per second- I really want to watch this, but I've always gotten confused about what order the movies go in.

Cowboy Bebop- As I was saying earlier I also intend on watching this. It is very high on my animes to watch list. :)

Death Note- Totally deserves a 10. It was mysterious, intriguing and thought-provoking. The different strategies he used were very complex and planned ahead amazingly well. The ending was very sad and although he was 'evil' by the law's standards, I felt a lot of pity for him and respect. He may have been a little crazed near the end, but he's damn smart and I respect him for all the amazing plans he created. It was dark, realistic, well-animated and the music was epic. There were a few gripes I had with it, but right now I feel too content with my 10 score that I don't feel like bringing its flaws to light.

Dragon Ball- It's not on my immediate 'to watch' list and I have never really sat down and looked at it closely.

Ghost in the Shell- Saw bits and pieces on Adult Swim and i can say that it does look to have good action although something about the way it's presented makes me hesitant to watch it.

Monster- This looks to be one very interesting anime full of mystery... I plan on watching it in the future.

Spirited Away- YES. YES. YES. This is one of the first animes I had ever seen when I was little and I love it to bits. It's so creative and beautiful. The animation is fluid and the scenery is dazzling. I was enchanted by it when I first rented it at Blockbuster 6 years ago and I still am.
Apr 9, 2010 9:06 PM
Sep 2009
@milkis13

Baccano!- Great watch, a unique and extraordinary anime... not quite a 10 for me simply because it wasn't the deepest anime I've seen

Le Chevalier D'Eon- great historical supernatural horror... well plotted, and surprisingly historically accurate, especially considering the supernatural elements added in... not quite a 10 because sometimes it seemed unnecessarily dialogue heavy and didn't always grab my attention

Mushishi- Astonishing storytelling...haven't finished it yet...but it is definitely 10 worthy

Samurai Champloo- Strong on the coolness factor... great action, bad ass characters, and a unique music score... but fell short of amazing story execution...

Hetalia Axis Powers- Hilarious and smart comedy twist on history... but that's all there is to it... if there was more content I'd definitely consider giving it a 10...
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Apr 10, 2010 8:11 AM

Aug 2009
haven't played this thread game for long, but here I go.

@judojon
cowboy bebop - you know I honestly get awesomeness vibe from its characters. But, it's just that some episodes did fail to grab my attention.

Death Note - a great series, one of the few shows that keep my interest at maximum. But, the second arc is not as that great as the first arc.

Jigoku Shoujo - it's quite decent. and I luv its themes. Yet, its undeniably repetitive.

Haibane Renmei - I've not formed an opinion about this show yet. Up to now, it still has not grabbed my attention yet.

Now and then, here and there - except showing cruelties of war, which I am really fond of, I see no spectacular thing about this show. And the protagonist is kinda like an emo generic one.

The rest I've not seen yet.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Apr 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Aug 2009
Chronovoid

Mushishi
On hold at the moment but pretty enoyable, not to mention the wonderful works of art. Can be worth a 10.

Code Geass
The first season beats the second. However Code Geass is not my cup of tea. I find Gundam 00 to be much better.

LotGH
No suprises there. Every viewer's given a 10 for it.

Voices of a Distan Star
Agreed. Even though I'm not a big fan of the art but considering its production as well as the plot squeezed in a mere 25 minutes, it's a masterpiece.

Not seen the rest. I want to watch Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen.
Apr 10, 2010 3:06 PM

Jun 2009
k0k0

Baccano - Yes, someone who agree, but it is weird for me as long time fan how this anime became much more popular after Durarara aired. Best storytelling ever.

ef - a tale of memories - It has some of the most incredible artistic moments ever. Even if I am not fan of romances, this is one of the best i saw.

I haven’t seen Samurai Champloo, but maybe I should. I fear to watch popular shows, because some were really big disappointment to me. This one is on my list for long time.
Apr 10, 2010 3:44 PM

May 2009
Baccano - A lot of people give this a ten. (: I liked it too, and though I don't agree that it deserves a ten, I understand.

Mouryou no Hako - I'm highly anticipating watching this. *___* Glad to see someone gave it such a high score.

Bokurano - Wow, really? I find people either love or hate this anime. I see horribly low scores given to it, and then a few rare high ones. I'm sort of in the middle with that. I thought it was good. :D

I haven't seen any of your other 10s, my apologies.
Apr 10, 2010 4:18 PM

Jan 2010
Death Note: definitely a masterpiece. It has a great story, great conflicts, epic battles, and mind-bending philosophical questions.

Gungrave: havent watched, but desciption sounds good.

Girl who leapt through time: It was pretty good, but not a 10 in my book.
Score Criteria:
Apr 10, 2010 5:01 PM
Sep 2009
@GreatEmperor

5 Centimeters per Second- Magnificent, beautiful storytelling and art... I didn't give it a 10, but definitely understandable

Code Geass- Enjoyed this very much, but not a 10 in my book...underneath the magnificent energy of the show, the plot is far less complex than it pretends to be...

Spice and Wolf- I love this anime... though I didn't give it a 10....

Princess Mononoke- I couldn't agree with you more...Miyazaki's best, absolute masterpiece...
Apr 10, 2010 5:40 PM
Jan 2010
@judojon -
I haven't watched a majority of your tens. You seem to have a lot of horror titles listed. I do plan on watching Cowboy Bebop and Death Note though.
Now and Then Here and There sounds pretty amazing, so I threw it on my plan to watch list as well.
I really loved Spirited Away as well. I did have it rated a ten at one point, but after a rewatch I dropped it down to a nine. The fantasy plot threw me at points.
I also really enjoyed Toradora but I found it dragged on at points. I ended up rating it an 8 by the end of the series.
Apr 10, 2010 5:52 PM

Dec 2009
Ritsu-no-waifu said:
milkis13 said:
@Cowabunga

Cowboy Bebop- Will watch it soon. It appears to be very intriguing.

Legend of Galactic Heroes- I've never heard of it before.

Sorry. :(

Why the hell did you skip milkis13?

Most likely the were writing for someone else they saw already why the new post came it. I was skipped like that when I posted a page back, but does matter.
Apr 10, 2010 8:07 PM

Jun 2008
@ Mysteic

Well we seem to agree that Azumanga Diaoh and Cowboy Bebop are perfect tens, defiantly classic series. I don't really see why people like Full Metal Alchemist though, it was a solid series, but defiantly not prefect in my opinion.

And darn it all, you have seen "Kimagure Orange Road", and gave it a perfect 10! I have been wanting to see that series for ages, but never get around to it. Seeing that score makes me want to watch it even more now. ;_;
Apr 10, 2010 8:24 PM

Dec 2009
Vcdrem said:
@ Mysteic

Well we seem to agree that Azumanga Diaoh and Cowboy Bebop are perfect tens, defiantly classic series. I don't really see why people like Full Metal Alchemist though, it was a solid series, but defiantly not prefect in my opinion.

And darn it all, you have seen "Kimagure Orange Road", and gave it a perfect 10! I have been wanting to see that series for ages, but never get around to it. Seeing that score makes me want to watch it even more now. ;_;

*Skip me*

Technically unlicensed property as of 2006,so torrenting it does not violate anything. You can also get the series cheap at kcdvd.com.

http://kcdvd.com/KimagureOrangeRoad.html

You are a vet at this, so need to explain that the series is from the 80's and has some 80's hair issues and old animation technique. But it was great. KOR does so many small things other anime series like it do not. Where else you going to get an anime girl who response to her guy trying to sneak a peek with, "Did you get a good look? You can come in the changing room with me and get a better view." Then punches him in the face, because he believed her. Or maybe I have a thing for being teased????
Apr 10, 2010 9:41 PM

Mar 2009
Vcdrem

Azumanga Daioh- It was okay, but most of the time, bordering on annoying.

Cowboy Bebop- Good, funny, interesting and interesting characters.
Apr 10, 2010 11:31 PM

Apr 2007
@AlexSadist-sama
Well, I've never seen Slam Dunk and I loved Outlaw Star ...just not enough to give it a 10.
Apr 10, 2010 11:36 PM

Mar 2009
@Ironsableye
Ranma 1/2-I used to adore this series until I read Maison Ikkoku, which I think is so much better as a romantic comedy it's not even funny. I know Ranma is supposed to be more action-romantic-comedy, but I could just put Samuari 7 on in the background while watching Maison Ikkoku for the same effect.

DBZ-nostalgic as all hell? Ooooh, yes. 10 for me? In no way, I wish there wasn't so little content to each episode, lots of staring n' breathing

Dragon Ball-I like it more than DBZ, I need to watch more

FMA-solid choice, I need to finish that one too, only saw the first half (don't worry, my friend has the DVDs, I can borrow them off her)

Death Note's-second half killed any chance of a 10 for me, even if the first half was amazing

Detective Conan-it's nice every once in a while for me, but it's too intimidatingly long for me to watch it regularly.

@Bbrevus (looks like you were typing when i was)
Grave of the Fireflies-I seriosuly cannot stand this movie

Nausicaa-wish it wasn't so tree-huggery

Lain-seemed confusing just for the hell of it, I didn't get much out of the show

Aria-have yet to see, but I do like Junichi Sato, the director
Apr 10, 2010 11:38 PM

Oct 2009
AlexSadist-sama said:
Vcdrem

Azumanga Daioh- It was okay, but most of the time, bordering on annoying.

Cowboy Bebop- Good, funny, interesting and interesting characters.

Outlaw Star - Truly a great series and very deserving of 10s from people. I rated it an 8 because I watched Crest of the Stars shortly after and honestly got more out of that series, but I think it has more to do with what I wanted from a space anime at that time in my life than Crest blowing away Outlaw.

Slam Dunk - I haven't seen this yet, but have heard many great things. I can't wait to track down a copy and get to watching it! Thanks for lighting a fire in my belly :P
Apr 11, 2010 1:04 AM

Jan 2010
Just commneting on the ones I watched/watching

Aria the Animation/Origination: just started it, but nota 10 for me. too fluffy.
Voices of a distant star: too boring. love story was good, but I didn't really feel anything.
Score Criteria:
Apr 11, 2010 9:32 AM

Dec 2007
GreatEmperor said:
Just commneting on the ones I watched/watching

Aria the Animation/Origination: just started it, but nota 10 for me. too fluffy.
Voices of a distant star: too boring. love story was good, but I didn't really feel anything.

Code Geass: an excellent example of mass marketing appeal, but I really found it to be a bit weak in plot and characters. The ending didn't help it.
R2: Entertaining, but degenerated more to something of a moron-movie fashion. Not necessarily bad, but certainly nowhere near a 10 in my book.
Death Note: I can certainly understand. It's easily up there if you stop watching it 2/3 of the way in and let it end there. The last third of the series, however, did not impress me, and that significantly impacted my overall score.
Ga-Rei -Zero-: While I haven't finished it, my opinion thus far is good but not great. I would anticipate some element to the series that prompted you to push the rating higher, as it seems a little off from your other 10s.
Spice and Wolf: Again a popular series, but also a one-trick pony. I like the depiction of medieval commerce, and the chemistry between the main characters is decent, but I really felt it needed either a bit more to it, or to be compressed.
Seirei no Moribito: can't argue too much. I felt it could have been better, but it's certainly a very high-quality series. Same for Princess Mononoke.
Apr 11, 2010 9:54 AM

Jan 2010
@ErwinJA

You have completed almost 1000 and you have less than ten 10's! I agree with all the shows/movies I have actually watched. I just finished the whole Aria series and I agree that Origination does deserve a 10 at least. I watched all the movies you gave a 10 as a child, but I do remember having a lot of fun watching each one. Thumps up on giving Totoro a 10! It is my favorite movie of all time.

To the next poster: Don't comment on mine because I already had like 4 people do it. Comment on ErwinJA's list.
Apr 11, 2010 10:09 AM
Sep 2009
@LV69_Squirtle

5 centimeters per second- Beautiful anime... certainly 10 worthy

Cowboy Bebop & Death Note- Both incredible anime....gave them 10s too...

Monster- Have it on hold-on... great horror anime...

Spirited Away- Amazing movie... Princess Mononoke is my favorite from Miyazaki, but this was also a phenomenal movie
Apr 11, 2010 10:55 AM

Jan 2010
LV69_Squirtle said:
@ErwinJA

To the next poster: Don't comment on mine because I already had like 4 people do it. Comment on ErwinJA's list.

Thanks anyway.
Apr 12, 2010 3:19 AM

Apr 2010
@judojon

You gave Bebop a 10 hmmmm I don't know I guess I can see why

Death note 10? No the ending sucked

Fooly cooly 10? YEAH *HI FIVES*

Princess Mononoke + Spirited Away both completely 10 worthy so I see where your coming from

Toradora! A 10? Hmmmm I guess I can see that It made me teary eyed a couple of times in fact I've thought of giving it a 10 but I don't think it's like the ultimate romance or anything so I decided against it plus the ending probably could have been better not sure how exactly but I'm sure it could have

All In all I like most of your taste though
Apr 12, 2010 6:19 AM

Aug 2009
My neighbour Totoro
Definitely. Miyazaki is always worth 10.

NGE
I haven't seen it but I feel it's pretty overrated.

Princess Mononoke
Need to see.

Spirited away
Hell yeah! One of my favourites.

Summer wars
I like your taste in movies and if Summer Wars gets a 10, meaning it should exceed my expectations. Must. Wach. Now.
Apr 12, 2010 7:00 AM

Dec 2007
ef tale of memories - Definitely agree, one of the best (if not the best) romance anime.

Baccano! - Didnt saw it yet, but it got one of the highest score here, so i guess rating it 10 should be expected.

Samurai Champloo - Definitely a very good anime, but in my opinion it doesnt deserve 10. The story drags sometimes, not to mention some really boring fillers in the middle.
Apr 12, 2010 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
Samurai Champloo
Don't know much about it, but looks quite interesting and doesn't have a bad score either. Not really my taste of anime I think.

Baccano!

Plan to watch. Heard something good about it here and there and also some of my friends really liked it. (also rated like 9 or 10)

ef- a tale of memories
Definitely, one of my favourites also. Best romance-anime I have seen so far. Music, Art, Characters, really worth 10 points.

€: hm, too late :/

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Can't say anything against that score- Haruhi is Haruhi.

Elfen Lied
Definitely overrated imo.

Hellsing
First season... hm it's all about gore and zombies and gore and zombies. I saw several episodes of the first season, didn't really like it.

Ergo Proxy
Great atmosphere and plot. Definitely worth a 10.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Didn't know about that one, just added it to "Plan to watch" :P

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
On "Plan to watch". I was told that TTGL is quite a good mecha anime. I' looking forward to watch it.

Genshiken
Seems interesting, but can't say anything about the score.

Gintama
Looks like a Samurai series in a quite different setting than most of the others, no bad average score either. Plan to watch now.

Aria the Origination
Toradora!
Well. not really worth a 10 imo, but indeed a good romance anime.

Kara no Kyoukai
I like mysterious stuff and this one seems to be not that bad.

Ghost in the Shell
Also heard much about the film and the series. Plan to watch.
SmahaApr 12, 2010 7:30 AM
Apr 12, 2010 7:23 AM

Jan 2010
Clannad - I haven't seen it yet, it's on hold at 2 episodes...

Death note - it was a nice watch, but definitely overrated. And the main character is despicable.

Memories - of course. It's a really 10 worthy anime and is probably the only one to almost make me cry.

Higurashi - Completely agree. And I am glad to see someone shares my opinion that the second season wasn't better than the first as the rating suggest, but indeed worse.

NGE - no comment.
Apr 12, 2010 5:33 PM

May 2009
ef, Spice and Wolf, Baccano!, and Higurashi. Hmm. I haven't seen ef but I've heard good things about it. I liked Spice and Wolf, but for me, they definitely weren't 10 worthy material. Baccano!, on the contrary, is, so no disagreement there. Higurashi... I disliked it. A lot. The whole thing was so bad each episode dragged on and took effort to complete. Though a lot people tend to like it (particularly for the same reasons why I hate it).
Apr 17, 2010 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
@Avalongus

The Aria's: I've heard good things about this series. I haven't seen it yet, but I hope it's deserving of your score of ten.

Cardcaptor Sakura: I'm going to assume this is one of your childhood animes, and the feeling of nostalgia made you give it a ten.

Monster - Haven't seen.

Eva - I honestly can't agree with. It was good, but it's extremely overrated in my opinion.
Apr 18, 2010 1:08 AM

Aug 2009
Higurashi - hm, only started watching... but heard good things about it, hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as you

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - Comedy in this series was hilarious, kept me laughing for hours. I still chuckle despite rewatching some of the scenes.

Haruhi - Eh. Iono. The humor was ok, and a good series, but not so sure about handing this one a 10

Mushishi - GINKO! (Need I say more?)

Gunslinger Girl - Haven't seen

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

@ User above me:

Lolz, sure, Shana has its faults - but does that mean it's something that's completely unbearable to even sit through and watch one episode of? I mean, let's face it - 99% of all anime - in regards to character, plot, development, etc. is all recycled. There is no such thing as a "brilliant groundbreaking anime" that's completely different from anything else ever produced.

Sure, I can watch the first episode of Shana, then maybe even know exactly what the plot would be and exactly how it would play out, but so what? While I was watching, I laughed, I felt suspense, got bored and wish they'd kiss already, got annoyed at cliffhangers, but most importantly, enjoyed it.

Meh, maybe because Shana was one of the first anime's I've watched that the stereotypes didn't bother me - after all, stereotypes only become stereotypes after you see them used again and again.

I never really thought Shana as a romance anyways, so why let the fussy details bother me? 8D
XyresicApr 18, 2010 1:56 PM
Apr 18, 2010 8:12 AM
Sep 2009
@Numb287

Yeah, I love Toradora... gave it a 10 too... but I don't think it's the only one you watched worthy of a 10
Apr 22, 2010 2:39 AM

Mar 2007
@numb287
only 1 10... ill go ahead and comment on your 9s also

Toradora! - Your only 10, good job. How could you stand the ending of the series. Made me slit wrists.

School Rumble - Funny and cute anime, definitely not worth a 9. Ending gets minus points as well. It was enjoyable though.
School Rumble Ni Gakki - Downloading as we speak. Thought i had it but i don't.
Full Moon wo Sagashite - havent seen it but heard it was mediocre at best.
Chobits - Chobits is chobits. One of those titles that i was going to watch but havent put time to watch it. I'll give it a shot since its another romcom.
Shakugan no Shana II - I've encountered 2 types of people when it comes to Shana, the hardcore fan or the complacent bystander. Sure shana has its highs and lows, but Rie Tsungimiya is what makes all these characters so enjoyable, even though every character she does sounds the exact damn same. I'll have to admit, Shana isn't my favorite of Kugimiya's characters but its still hard to hate Shana.
Death Note - first half of Death note was 10/10 for me but second half of Death Note was 5/10 for me. No way i could give this a 9.
Fullmetal Alchemist - FMA is a rare shounen anime. One of those shounen anime that isnt annoying.
Clannad ~After Story~ - I really hate key artwork. I mean, how much spacing do their eyes have to have? 1 feet or 4 feet? Sure they can act cute as a button but they all look like someone took their eyeballs and pulled them far apart as they could. Then that is followed by the smallest nose ever placed on a human beings face. The period at the end of this sentence is bigger than the nose on a KEY characters face.

Normal face = ( 0 _ 0 )
Key face = (0_______.________0) ~im kawaiiiiii

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 22, 2010 6:24 AM

Feb 2010
@Ranivus

5 Centimeters per Second- completely agree here, i really enjoyed it as well

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage-Never watched it so wouldn't know much about it, but it seems popular, so I'll give it a go in the near future. Hopefully it doesn't let me down.

Candy Boy-Same as Black Lagoon

Baccano!-Watched the first 3 episodes, but is on hold for me atm

Well most of your 10s I haven't watched except for Spice and Wolf, which i really enjoyed and gave it a 10 as well

Apr 22, 2010 7:58 AM
Dec 2008
@Ravinus
I'll comment only on those that I've watched.

Haruhi: Haruhi definitely is an enjoyable series and I imagine many people will give a 10, though I only gave a 9.

GITS: I'm not sure if the movie deserves a 10. However, I'll recommend that you watch the TV series. There are 2 seasons and if I were to give 10, I might give it to 2nd Gig, meaning I prefer the 2nd season.

Spice and Wolf: Great story that distinguishes it from the other animes. I can understand why you gave this a 10.

Baccano!: Sadly I don't really appreciate anime like Baccano! and Durarara!. For some reason I don't get why these series are so popular.

Higashi no Eden: Rather than commenting on the TV series, I'm quite interested to know why you gave the movie, King of Eden, a score of 1. Your scoring is quite weird here. Perhaps the movie did not meet your expectations? But I believe the movie did pick up rather nicely from where the TV series ended and I gave this an 8.
Apr 22, 2010 12:44 PM

Apr 2007
@ qseft

I haven't seen, nor do I have any intention of seeing, most of the things you gave 10s to but for the ones I have seen:

Code Geass R2 - no comment.
Gurren Lagann - after Kamina's unfortunate demise I couldn't possibly give this a 10.
Apr 22, 2010 1:51 PM

Sep 2009
@ironsableye
DragonBall: I don't get why people like DragonBall so I won't comment it.
Death Note: it's awesome! I would have given it a 10, but I really didn't like what happened in the end with the main character.
Fullmetal Alchemist: it was my introduction to anime on-line and the first 10 I gave out :D.
Yu-Gi-Oh: I've seen my share of Yu-Gi-Oh episodes in TV, but I it got discontinued rather quickly so I can't say much about it either.
Apr 22, 2010 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
@Bonar

The only "10" that I've seen of yours is FMA, and while I agree that it's really good, I just can't bring myself to give it a "10" as well :/
Apr 22, 2010 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
@DrakeWants2Speak

Death Note - yep,i approve,awesome anime
Ergo Proxy - was nice of the eps i saw,i gotta finish it tho *is waiting for serious mood*
Kino no Tabi - never started it,but i've heard nice things about it... well,dunno XD
Mononoke - was nice o.o
Over Drive and Ristorante Paradiso - uhm,never heard them o.O
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - god,that anime is pure win XDDDDDDDD (the other parts too,but the first season rox)
Welcome to the NHK - will watch ; still dunno
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge - is win!

Hide and Seek

The Resistance
Apr 22, 2010 4:09 PM
Feb 2010
@Eli-san

For the ones I've seen:
Azumanga Daioh: ive read the manga and seen most of the anime. Pretty funny but not really 10worthy.
Death Note: is good
OHSHC: is fricking hilarious but I hated the ending and that Honey character.
Lovely Complex: is probably the worst show I've seen so far, it should burn in hell.
Apr 22, 2010 4:15 PM

Nov 2008
@animechap

I never seen La Maison en Petite Cubes but if it's that 10 worthy, I'll try to watch it soon.

As for Spirited Away, I agree with your rating, the movie is nothing short of epic.

Apr 22, 2010 5:02 PM

Mar 2009
Hoppy

Azumanga Daioh:
It was funny at times, but most of the time, I found it annoying. Most 'jokes' were overdone and constantly repeated to the point where it got sickening.

Castle in The Sky:
Can't remember much about it, since I watched it a long time ago, but I do know that I liked it.

Lucky Star:
It's awesome. Liked it more than I expected. The characters were interesting, the art was simple but cute and the OP was excellent.
Apr 22, 2010 6:14 PM

Aug 2009
@AlexSadist-sama
Guess I will comment on your 9s instead.

Canaan - it's like a good Hollywood action movie. The first few episodes are awesome and look very promising. But, episodes later on dun have much to be noted of.

Claymore - It's awesome. Especially the awesomeness of characters is obviously shining. But, I can't help but dislike the ending.

Gintama - I've only watched 2 eps of it. Not really much to comment here.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - agreed here. Shion's revenge chapters are epic.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Apr 22, 2010 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
@chronovoid

Brotherhood is aaaaaaamazing

Code Geass, huh? I guess it's a 10/10 on the trainwreck charts. Still amazingly fun to watch.

Oh man, I need to get around to LotGH. The prequel movie was awesome though.

Voices of a Distant Star... I didn't like it at all. The art was a turnoff, but more than anything, I really really feel that its ending was rushed and contrived. I guess I really didn't get in the mood for it, but whatever.
Apr 22, 2010 6:54 PM

Mar 2009
ARXLaevatein

Baccano!- Understandable. It was very interesting and engrossing. Lack of character development was a flaw I couldn't ignore though.

Durarara!!- I like it, but there were some eps which I found lacklustre and somewhat boring.

Hellsing Ultimate- Definitely way superior to Hellsing. It follows the manga very closely and everything's just amazing. The art, the animation and the music are top notch.

Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen- The repetition of some scenes was annoying, but at the end I enjoyed it. The guy looks like Emiya from Fate/Stay Night to me though (and that's a bad thing).
Apr 22, 2010 7:18 PM

Jul 2009
@AlexSadist-sama

I agree to some extent, Shirou was a terrible character in the anime. However, he's a much better character in the source material, sometimes being more awesome than Archer himself!

Anyway, about your list, I really couldn't find many 10's, so I'll go by 9's.

I thought Canaan was overrated and disappointing, as there were a lot of philosophical ideas that it could've explored that it didn't.

Claymore: Good stuff till the ending. Standard reply, I guess.

Death Note: Great first half, mediocre second half. So I somewhat think this is too high.
Apr 22, 2010 7:52 PM

Dec 2008
@ARXLaevatein

Baccano!- I can see why you'd like it considering a bunch of people have been telling me to finish. Personally have not watched the OVA's yet...

Durarara!!- Agreed for the most part, but I find some episodes tend to be quite a borefest.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- Understandable considering this used to be first place on MAL.

FMP! The Second Raid- Got bored after the first episode =/
Apr 22, 2010 10:37 PM
Sep 2009
@Tonylikespie

Toradora- Great anime, one of my favorites... I gave it a 10 too

Gode Geass R2- Very good watch, but not 10 worthy in my opinion, too many sloppy plot points... relies to much on it's melodrama
Apr 23, 2010 3:24 AM

Apr 2010
Boogiepop Phantom- i saw it back in the day but i dont remember a thing bout it... so i would say its not a very memorable anime...
Toradora!-never saw it
The Sky Crawlers- it was pretty good but i would give it a 7 or 8
Spirited Away- never saw it
Princess Mononoke- never saw it
Now and Then, Here and There-never saw it
Last Exile- saw a couple of episodes like 6-7 years ago didn't really get into it
Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori- never saw it
Haibane Renmei-never saw it
FLCL- watched it on adult swim back in the day... it was pretty entertaining.
Death Note- pretty good anime...
Cowboy bebop- awsome :)
StonerWithABonerApr 23, 2010 3:47 AM
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Apr 23, 2010 3:31 AM

Mar 2009
StonerWithABoner

Berserk- Agreeable. I enjoyed it a lot, although
Apr 23, 2010 7:34 AM

Nov 2007
@ AlexSadist-sama

Sorry,i haven't watched any of your 10's
I'm not much into sport animes 'xD
Outlaw seems pretty interesting tho o.o

Hide and Seek

The Resistance
Apr 23, 2010 8:00 AM

Feb 2010
There's a huge difference between our 10's but I agree with a 10 for Death Note.
Pages (50) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 5, 2022

9410 by MitsukiHimeka »»
53 seconds ago

» Like, dislike, ehh, or no opinion v10

Kunii - Yesterday

19 by Dostojevskij »»
1 minute ago

» "Marry/Fuck/Kill" the 3 people above you! - V.5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Nov 19, 2021

7200 by MitsukiHimeka »»
2 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

5815 by Dostojevskij »»
3 minutes ago

» Post the special ability of the user above ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ColdLands_Mist - Dec 25, 2020

363 by MitsukiHimeka »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.