3It was OK
23.9%
2Disliked it
7.5%
1Hated it
4.5%
Average 3.9
134 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another new OP song huh? Imo though, this one is better than the previous although lacking against the first OP song of this series.

First half felt slow but the pacing picked it up. This is also probably imo one of the better episodes of this filler arc as it takes on a much more serious mood. Some parts still felt dragged out though especially with the cheesy dialogues. Episode also felt more like a boss fight with the transition. Heh, I'm not sure when this arc will end soon but FT is back on track now.
Jan 9, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2010
Lucy and Yukino's battles finally ending.

Celestial Spirit King going on a rampage to destroy his own world and all of it being a plot to gain immense power.

I do look forward a little to perhaps the king's new form? Anyways, the fight should be decent!
Jan 9, 2015 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
Arc needs to finish XD

Is it just me or does it feel like the Op and Ed are getting more and more english incorporated into them?
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Jan 9, 2015 6:42 PM

Dec 2009
I absolutely adore the new opening. Much better than Mysterious Magic!

Also loved the twist in this arc involving the Celestial Spirit King. 3 Episodes to the end of the arc and then we adapt the Omake chapters from the manga, super excited!

Schedule for January and February:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1339845
Jan 9, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2008
The new OP is vast improvement from the previous and the same can be said about the episode as a whole.
Jan 9, 2015 7:18 PM
Sep 2012
Fairy Tail starts the new year with a boom, a new OP and ED, and a great new episode.

Great new opening, I liked it. It looks like just like I thought we ain't getting back to the manga till April, which is cool with me, give the manga more time to get ahead and avoid another hiatus, this arc will be over at the end of January, February we have some omake chapter adaption, I can't wait to see the Natsu and Asuka one, and we will have a one shot anime original as well, as for March I don't know, perhaps some stand alone that will involve Sting, Rogue, Doranbolt, Lahar, and best of Kagura and Millianna. I hope Kagura appears.

As for this week's episode, just like the last anime original arc, Fairy Tail been fighting the wrong side along, but if the Zodiac spirits would have said something all of this could have been avoided.

Who thought Ophiuchus was just as suicidal as the rest of them. If this is just some flip version of Ophiuchus like the others, is the real Ophiuchus female? Maybe she has a thing for the Spirit King and just wanted his attention. Ophiuchus was actually pretty awesome, I have to say she is the one of the saving graces of this arc.

I told you the Celestial Spirit King was behind this, what a jerk, he has some redeeming to do, perhaps fight the king of the demons and than we can forgive you. Ha ha ha. Seriously, I can't wait to see the Celestial Spirit King's evil form. After some rough patches, Fairy Tail has been getting better, this is awesome.

As for the ED, it is a nice catchy song, and we get some focus on the corrupted Zodiac Spirits, better do it now, because we won't ever see them again.

So next week, we are headed closer to the end. I am thinking we have two more episodes of fighting, than the last one will be an epilogue. Than back to the omakes, and to the Sun Village in April.
Jan 9, 2015 7:19 PM

Mar 2013
New opening was way better than the MYSTERIOUS MAGIC crap.

I will admit that the episodes of the arc are improving. I mean who would've guessed that it was the king behind this thing the whole time. Although I find it weird that Orphiuchus was just willing to do all of this without a reason O.o.

If they kind of made episodes like these then this arc could've been at least fine. So far it's been average at most.

Anyway, just 3 more weeks until this arc is over. I don't know about everyone else, but i'm excited for the omake chapters to be animated. I found them very entertaining. Yeah, I guess it could be seen as more stalling, but i guess it's going to require patience on our part.
sweet5Jan 10, 2015 7:15 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 9, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
So the Celestial Spirit King is nuts, on a rampage and the one who planed this, Ophiuchus is doing his bidding cause she's madly loyal to him and the 12 spirits were trying to escape the King.

I like the opening song and I love the visuals, the outfits of the characters in the beginning are from manga covers and from Hiro Mashima's twitter pictures. Asuka and the snow globe and the light novel in it as well. I can't wait for those to be adapted.
Jan 9, 2015 7:36 PM
Sep 2012
Well this episode began a new ship, Celestial Spirit King x Ophiuchus
Jan 9, 2015 7:43 PM

Apr 2013
blfan said:
Well this episode began a new ship, Celestial Spirit King x Ophiuchus

You felt that love vibe too? I was going to quote Happy in my first post but decided not too.
Jan 9, 2015 7:43 PM

Jul 2014
The new opening is so good, I liked the part when they were all wearing suits
Jan 9, 2015 7:45 PM

Dec 2013
The fact that we got a new opening means that this filler arc is only half over 0_o

I give up. I'm going to put this on hold -_-
Jan 9, 2015 7:52 PM
Sep 2014
i love the new op... obvious ships where obvious... i look forward to the natsu lucy and askua episode and the 413 days episode but next will be the sun village arc and i look forward to that
Jan 9, 2015 8:30 PM

Dec 2009
G_Spark233 said:
The fact that we got a new opening means that this filler arc is only half over 0_o

I give up. I'm going to put this on hold -_-

No, the filler arc is over in 3 episodes. The rest of the stuff in the opening is from omake chapters and the light novels based on Fairy Tail, meaning its canon stuff.
Jan 9, 2015 8:37 PM

Jan 2014
Yes fairy tail is back on track! Too bad it took them so long to get themselves together, only 3 episodes left, huh... At least we're going back to the manga after this :D :D
Jan 9, 2015 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
I like this new opening better than the previous one and I LOVE the ending. I can't wait until this terrible filler arc is over.
Jan 9, 2015 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
Great OP + ED , Episode not bad could use some improving tho :(

Jan 9, 2015 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome OP and ED. Also they'll adapt the Light Novel, the second one I think. Looking foward to that.
Jan 10, 2015 12:20 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like I'll get jumped of I said this OP was bad...
Jan 10, 2015 1:33 AM

Dec 2009
metsujin said:
Awesome OP and ED. Also they'll adapt the Light Novel, the second one I think. Looking foward to that.

Is there anyway to read this light novel online? Are there any fan translations? I can't seem to find a page on MAL for it.
Jan 10, 2015 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
this actually's getting better (?)
Jan 10, 2015 3:37 AM

Jun 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
metsujin said:

Is there anyway to read this light novel online? Are there any fan translations? I can't seem to find a page on MAL for it.

I don't think there is... Some images were leaked, but from what I know, no one seems to have translate it.
Jan 10, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't like the new OP that much...
Although the real mastermind was a little unexpected, the episode was still meh.
As for the ED, I like it.

Edit:
metsujin said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I don't think there is... Some images were leaked, but from what I know, no one seems to have translate it.

http://myanimelist.net/manga/78003/Fairy_Tail this one?
Jan 10, 2015 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
Silver4000 said:
I didn't like the new OP that much...
Although the real mastermind was a little unexpected, the episode was still meh.
As for the ED, I like it.

Edit:
metsujin said:

http://myanimelist.net/manga/78003/Fairy_Tail this one?

It's listed there, but there are no discussions specifically about the second light novel, its just bunched together with the first one.
Jan 10, 2015 6:17 AM

Sep 2014
New OP signifying the end of the atrocious filler arc. I'm really happy now. I guess I just have to bear with it for a couple of more episodes.
Jan 10, 2015 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
They completely ruined the epicness of Urano Metria this episode. Trust filler to do that.

New ED and OP are decent, particularly the ED. It's rare for Fairy Tail to have an ending that I actually like.

New OP is much better than the last one, but still has nothing on Masayume Chasing or Strike Back.
Core1019Jan 10, 2015 7:10 AM
Jan 10, 2015 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
love the new OP :3
Jan 10, 2015 12:33 PM

Oct 2014
Ok episode. Felt dragged out as hell. Though there were some cool moments.

All I really want is for this arc to end and start with the new main arcs :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2015 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
I like the OP and ED better than the last ones. Loved the part where they show the guys with a mafia look and the girls with a fancy look.

Loved it when Happy said "So basically, he's a raging demigod jackass, whose sense of reason was tossed out the window, right?" XD

Looks like there is no spoilers that I'll be aware of, since I don't read manga. Just some big monster thing that I can't tell if it's filler, a side story, or canon.
Jan 10, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
I too like the new OP/ED. Filler arc is almost over.
Jan 10, 2015 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
Bah. New OP only has novel & omake cotent which means the new arc won't be starting for a while longer. Oh well. I'd hoped it would start after the specials aired.

Episode was okay. I don't get why Yukino didn't try talking to Ophiuchus though. And I don't exactly understand it too well. Did Ophiuchus get corrupted too? Or was she just always psycho? Wouldn't surprise me if it was the latter.
Jan 10, 2015 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was better than most of this arc, though lotso of stuff still doesn't make sense.

Given that Yukino had a key to call Ophiuchus, why not force shut her gate with a new key like the others? At the very least, she would not gather more power.

Well, at least they explained what happend to the spirit king..sort of.
New OP & ED are okay, but nothing to remember.

And Urano Metria was ruined. The incantation was...okay. Barely, but okay. But then it was just a bright flash and it was over. Do they have budgets assigned to abilities, and the first two times took everything or what?
Jan 10, 2015 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
Eff you FT for loosing everything that made you good. You need your manga. This shit is terrible.

And yes they ruined Urano Metria.

That is like Lucy's ultima move and it was literally a flash of light following the incantation which was severely lacking as well.
IZEROIIJan 10, 2015 5:43 PM
Jan 10, 2015 6:38 PM

Aug 2014
Damn. New OP is great Erza looks so hot and Op says that I won't get to see
my cute loli Erza with later demon arc no or anime making fool of us I hope so
if not, new arc will be fun, Well Ophiuhus is the most bitchiest enemy I ever
seen yes with the Natsu help Lucy x Yukino wins their fight Bitch Ophiuhus plan
is full now okay Natsu kill her with the power of real dragon within you go go go.
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 11, 2015 1:13 AM

May 2013
So there's a new OP and ED, which are good. I listened to them both a second time before thinking what to say.

The Celestial Spirit King's whereabouts is still unknown. Ophiuchus dedicating it all she has done for the Celestial Spirit King. Fairy Tail should be more precise in concluding all this stuff since they have Hisui.
Jan 11, 2015 5:20 AM

May 2014
Great new OP and ED. Please tell me the next episode is the end of this stupid arc.
Jan 11, 2015 9:33 AM
Jun 2014
This filer arc seems to be getting better as it is hopefully coming to an end.

I liked the new OP, especially the animation of it.

Things are picking up. I'm anticipating the battle in the next episode.
I really want to hear more of the main OST 2014 in their fights.
Let's go Fairy Tail!
Jan 11, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, how I wish it were the last episode of this shit arc. But it's ending after 3 episodes, right?
And the girls were great in the OP.
Jan 11, 2015 2:14 PM
Dec 2010
what is this ?
a fairy tail opining with no spoilers ?
what an age to live
Jan 11, 2015 4:16 PM

Mar 2012
5/5 Just for the opening, AWESOME!
Jan 12, 2015 4:41 PM
Jun 2014
Did every hate the last op? I though it was catchy lol. Kinda wierd that theyre already using a new one but it kinda keeps it fresh unlike the current one piece one XD we've been shining and running for god knows how long. Arc could've been much better if Wendy and kana had actual fights and something....different.... For Lucy. Episode is really picking up the arc tho hyped for the end of this one and start of next since everyones praising it so much.
Dem anime hipsters tho 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jan 13, 2015 3:05 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not so concerned about the fact that the filler arc is almost done. The point is, I want full version of new ending single. And I daresay I'm not the only one. Come on, it is really catchy!)
Jan 13, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2012
_YG_ said:
I feel like I'll get jumped of I said this OP was bad...

i'm still teetering between liking it and thinking it was okay, so i don't think you'll "get jumped" for saying you don't like it. everyone is entitled to their own opinions, after all. i think a lot of the people are just happy that it's not MYSTERIOUS MAGIC anymore. ^^()
Jan 13, 2015 3:27 PM

May 2010
Love the new OP. Love that lil NaLu moment ;) <3

Great episode, a but slow in some places, but nice action. Natsu, goooo!

These fillers ain't bad, but i'll be so happy when they are over. >.<
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jan 13, 2015 6:40 PM

Nov 2014
Ahh looks like I'm finally caught up...When I got myself caught up with the dubs at episode 164, it took me forever to decide to watch the subs, because I love the dubs, but I couldn't wait. Now I'm caught up with the subs and it's happening all over again xD 4 days until the next episode...
Jan 15, 2015 7:44 AM

May 2010
Dat OP is really cool, I mean the animation! The song is alright-good. I prefer Mysterious magic but with that coolness, can't complain. Seems like they are going to animate the Gruvia special. Meh at least, it was well-written.

The episode was better than the last one, too.

Love the ED A LOT, so western rock-ish <3
Jan 16, 2015 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Ame_Tenshi said:
I'm not so concerned about the fact that the filler arc is almost done. The point is, I want full version of new ending single. And I daresay I'm not the only one. Come on, it is really catchy!)

It comes out on Jan 28th IIRC. And no, you're not the only one; I keep having to fight the urge to listen to it repeatedly so I don't get sick of it before the full release.
Jan 17, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2010
It was below decent.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 22, 2015 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
I like this OP. Yukino and Lucy finally won, wow that took a while.
Jan 26, 2015 6:43 PM

Jun 2009
The OP and ED was dope I am glad the Ark is on it's last leg.Ready to get back to The main Story now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.