Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2015 6:22 AM

Aug 2013
What to say.. I'm just stunned staring at the screen.
I can't see a speck of light. The face I'm make when watching this must be just as bad.
This is definitely not going to be good for my heart. T^T
Btw all those sweat and drool eeek.
Madhouse did a fine job in this.
Jan 30, 2015 6:59 PM

May 2013
I'm glad that the guy went to heaven. Gold diggers need to learn the pain of being betrayed.

I'm not surprised that Decim seems so emotionless. Having to look at the same people every after their death is a complete turn off. Showing their true selves while admitting the wrong things they've done.
Feb 1, 2015 4:21 PM
Feb 2015
Pretty good episode. I didn't see Death Billiards, so I didn't know what to expect. The concept of this is pretty neat and it was interesting to watch these people break down as the game wore on. My question though is what it is the void?

Also, I don't know how many people noticed this but I thought it was interesting how the faces above the elevators switched from the beginning to the end of he episode.

Definitely going to keep watching this.
Feb 4, 2015 6:40 AM

Apr 2014
Orsonius said:
Drama way too over the top, characters unbelievable and unlikable. even the premise is dumb, so the winner gets to heaven and the loser to hell?

That isn't what happened though.
Feb 7, 2015 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
The op was awesome but kinda weird for a psychological anime like this. Especially the scene where all four of them did that pose (hand on hip and thumb in mouth lmao).

The story is great. Kinda similar to Hell Girl, but still different. I like this one better, cuz of the 'games' xDD

The woman seemed to really love her husband...so I don't think she's saying the truth. Maybe she's lying? Sometimes you'll lie for the person you love the most...but im not sure, let's see the next episode...
Feb 8, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
Actually like the op alot. and suspect the woman is really lying to go to hell in her husbands place. that cunt dont deserve a woman like that.
How do I signature?
Feb 12, 2015 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
Wow ... that was really cool! Didn't know what to expect but I bet this show is gonna be great :D
Pretty cool OP and ED. Wasn't a huge fan of the OP, but it might grow on me. I guess it fits the show though. ED was nice too, showing their wedding ... I bet it'll change with every episode maybe?
The concept of having a "game" to judge people who have died is really interesting. Guess people finally show their true colours ... I thought Machiko might have been lying just to get a rise out of her husband, but I guess we'll never know. A bit surprising with the results that she got sent into the "void" and her husband would be reincarnated ...
Interesting art style, I think it fits in quite well. I wonder if the two girls at the end are other bartenders/arbiters as well? Seems like the girl with black hair is new maybe?
Oh well, even though I'm a bit late in starting this, gotta catch up to the recent episodes! Glad I'm finally giving this a shot though :D
Feb 16, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2013
That was amazing. O: Very dark for my tastes but it's well-done so I'll keep watching. I really thought the wife was innocent, but in the end they were both pretty rotten. The fact that it's both a physical and psychological battle makes it even more interesting.
Feb 17, 2015 2:45 AM
Nov 2014
The op is catchy as fuck.
Feb 19, 2015 2:02 AM

Dec 2013
Just saw the english dub for this show. The VAs did a great job with this. Although admittedly I prefer Decim jap voice over the dub voice. The dub's VA was still pretty good.
Feb 20, 2015 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
Moral of the anime.....you can't trust bitches.
Feb 20, 2015 3:41 AM

Jan 2009
the dub is actually quite good, except for decim's voice. it's just not deep & dark enough like it is in the sub.

9/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 21, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2010
Hahahaha that was grand"
I love when people are pushed to break and the true nature comes out. (:
Really awesome.
Didn't waste any time to start the game too.
Am hyped to continue this series!
Feb 21, 2015 8:41 PM

Nov 2014
I'm glad I decided to start this show. This was one of the best first episodes I've ever seen. The animation was incredible, and the drama and exposition were balanced perfectly. It was amazing how much they were able to do in 23 minutes.

5/5
Feb 24, 2015 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
This anime just rekindled my anime addiction. lol
This reminds me a lot of Saw.

I think that the game is only there to force people to reveal their true nature. Its result doesn't matter since arbiters gets the final say on where people go.

I think that she lied because of the pressure that was placed upon her. In other words, her guilt made her snap.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Feb 24, 2015 6:43 PM
Oct 2013
damn i can see this anime going on for ages
Feb 24, 2015 7:05 PM

Aug 2013
gustave154 said:
damn i can see this anime going on for ages

Really? I can see it ending in twelve episodes due to poor Blu-ray and DVD sales.
Feb 25, 2015 9:14 AM

Jun 2014
HOLY MOLY this episode was intense!
Feb 25, 2015 10:10 PM

Dec 2013
So, I just re-watched the dub. I'll just write down my thoughts if anyone is curious.

Well, I noticed how bad the lip syncing can be sometimes.. Luckily, it doesn't happened to often; maybe 3 or 5 times during the whole show?

It's not a bad dub, but it did lack some emotion during some scenes, but overall it's still a good dub (so far.)

The voice actor for Decim isn't bad, but it's just missing something...
Mar 5, 2015 8:44 AM
Mar 2014
So at first, he's the scumbag, then she's the scumbag, then he's the scumbag, then she's finally the scumbag?

All I can say about this is...

Mar 6, 2015 4:18 AM

Jun 2011
Just slightly better than the OVA. So why do people say that the woman cheated? I thought that place was a neutral ground, where your life before is not accounted? IMO the woman did not cheat, she snapped and told a lie to make her husband mad, that's how I see it. She was clearly not happy when her husband tried to hit her, even in the elevator, she looked sad.

I still don't know how the distribution system works, I hope it gets clarified later on.

As for the OP, is characters dancing a trend now? First AssClass then this. The ED was great tho.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 6, 2015 6:30 AM
Dec 2012
Good OP, awesome ED.

Really liked this but I'm so confused... I don't know what to make of it. Was she lying? She won so she was headed for heaven but then later admitted due to guilt? Dekim was surprised, but then again why should a liar and a cheater go to heaven in place of another for winning a game. Was it fate? What if they threw all the darts on the same board to get 501?

I'm not convinced she cheated. Why does this bother me so much?
sosmetalMar 6, 2015 6:34 AM
Mar 14, 2015 2:21 AM
Dec 2012
My first impression on this first episode is... Okayyyy....
So, 2 random people who I don't give a fk died and forced to play a stupid game?
But don't tell me that each new episode introduces new random people... That would be sucks..
There's even reincarnation and the void that haven't been explained
After I heard such stupid rules, I would pick up a dart and tries to stab Decim to death first...
Mar 17, 2015 2:09 AM

Dec 2012
One word: Brilliant.

The atmosphere surrounding the bar at the start was perfect. It really set the stage for establishing what to expect next from the setting. When it showed Decim, I was expecting to hear Ginko's voice. That opening is really fun and dazzling, probably my favorite this season.

This is really something else. I'm glad I waited to marathon this, although part of me feels silly for being skeptical about picking it up. The way that the married couple's relationship deteriorated as well as how each of them started to crumble psychologically was phenomenal. Particularly when doubt started to creep into the husband's mind at the fear of becoming a corpse hanging in the closet. The verdict has me a bit confused though, as all of Machiko's behavior seems to point at her making up the affair to tell her husband what he wanted to hear when she was fed up. A bit of a shame, but at the same time it made the end result more surprising as I was convinced the husband was a goner.

I'm probably going to be nicknaming this "Jigoku Shoujo done right."
Mar 20, 2015 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
That was really pretty interesting, the setting of this series~
Mar 21, 2015 1:22 AM

Dec 2012
Bitch

Mar 31, 2015 6:35 AM

Dec 2008
Opening of the decade
Apr 1, 2015 6:06 AM
May 2012
I had decided to skip the movie, Death Billiards, for now.....but seeing this episode, damn, this is really entertaining. I shall watch Death Billiards after this.
I like the concept. That it will twist them when pushed to the corner and reveal their true colors. Though, with these 2, it felt kinda unnatural. The way they revealed it. The execution, maybe?? I was hoping for a twist. Anyway, still awesome. Madhouse for the win!!
Opening song is cool. I like the ending song. NoisyCell <3 Well, let's see how this will go.
Apr 2, 2015 11:11 AM

May 2014
Amazing! :D From Death Billiards I got the impression that the loser goes to void and the winner to will be reincarnated, regardless of what they had done in their life. But apparently that is not how it is. So this is what Decim meant when he said that he's "the ultimate arbitrator".
Apr 2, 2015 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode
Apr 3, 2015 3:14 AM
Dec 2013
A bit above average at best. Very predictable. :/ Didn't expect much to be honest.
Apr 3, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2014
Well this looks interesting.
Apr 4, 2015 8:20 AM
Jan 2010
msnhao said:
I'm pretty sure the wife wasn't cheating on him.
In Buddhism, a person is reincarnated over and over again until they reach enlightenment. If you take that into consideration, then the wife would be the one who "won".
She told her husband that she was cheating on him AFTER he shot the dart at her belly, killing their child. If the husband were to accept that it was his child, then he would go mad with grief so she decided to lie to him about it being another man's child, making the husband direct his anger at her instead.

Enjoyable first episode, maybe the results get clarified later on but a lot of people seem to be missing the point when they talk about winning and losing and heaven and hell, while the mention heaven and hell earlier in the episode in the end they talk about the void and re-incarnation. People seem to think re-incarnation is the "winning" result but as point out in this comment re-incarnation could easily be viewed as the losing result, whereas void i.e. notingness could be viewed as the winning result.
Apr 5, 2015 1:34 PM

May 2012
Pretty awesome first episode, I already loved Death Billiards and well I was quite glad to see they would make a full length anime! So with this first episode I'm sure I'm going to love the whole series! Let's see what's next!
Apr 10, 2015 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
Wow! I mean... just wow!
These people are pretty sadistic. I Wouldn't be surprised if Okita Sougo had a hand in making this.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Apr 17, 2015 6:07 AM

Feb 2015
Wow...

That was really good.

I'm guessing they both went to hell... I dunno, I might have to watch Death Billiards just in case.
Apr 18, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2009
I think this episode is very open to interpretation, but I'm mostly siding with the wife not cheating.

I thought wife lied to retaliate against her husband's suspicions. At that point, he was drooling at the mouth and seems to have lost it. Even if she didn't cheat on him, telling him she didn't cheat wouldn't help any, since in his heart he already believes she did. His suspicions probably hurt her. The only thing she could have done at that point to pay him back for that pain was to confirm his suspicions.

When she said she loved someone else, I thought she was referring to her husband before he turned crazy. There was that moment earlier when his spit was flying all over the place that it seemed she realized she didn't recognize this man anymore.

Also, when she grabbed the dart from him, she AIMED AT THE PIANO. Sounds to me like she wanted them to stop hurting each other.

However, someone brought up a good point - is the man she was in bed with at the end of the episode her husband or not? Looking closely, I'd have to say it isn't him. So maybe she cheated after all? (On a side topic: the missing goatee doesn't prove anything, since one of the flashbacks had the husband clean-shaven.)
May 5, 2015 4:35 PM
Sep 2010
This was a good first episode. It's very interesting so far. That twist in the ending was great.
Uploader53
May 7, 2015 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Such a nice episode
That art is outstanding; it's just too good.
The premise of the anime is awesome as well, just like Death Billiards
The opening is a bit strange but also fun because it is so much diferent from darkness of the anime.
Next episode already *.* *.* *.*
May 9, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2014
Best opening 2015, and HOLY SHIT that first episode was so fucking GOOD!

Of to ep 2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
but was their fate decided before they even stepped out of elevator ?cause they were put in the same elevator they came up in
the arbiter guy was actually way nicer and logical than i thought at the beginning of the episode
May 17, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2009
This is gonna be good
May 25, 2015 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Oh my ... amazing first episode.
I loved the dart game, every target is a different body part.

Guessing the man went to heaven and the wife to hell.
May 31, 2015 10:56 AM

Jan 2015
Great start with the OP was a really nice upbeat song and dart game is really a nice game to show peoples true nature
The dart game got me chilled when they started playing
Jun 7, 2015 7:20 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Amazing first episode *-*

I'm in love with the OP.
The Dart game was fantastic. I think that it has brought them to show their true self.
So at the end he went to the rebirth chamber and she to the void.
I guess it wasn't important at all who won the game as long as the true self came up?
Hope the Anime will give a few answers to this :D

Jun 11, 2015 12:06 PM

Jun 2010
Luckily she went to hell. Totally deserved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2015
Damn this start so well! I really love myself this time for deciding to watch this lol
Why are you so good madhouse?
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jun 21, 2015 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
I didn't like the OP, but the ED really made up for it! As for the episode itself, I'm super excited for the next episode!
Jun 23, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2014
DAMNNNN
Jul 1, 2015 11:59 PM
Jul 2012
Very interesting portrayal of the issue. They left the interpretation of whether the woman cheated or not up to the viewer because both possibilities were presented and it's not like the latest revelation is necessarily the truth.

Based off the fervent arguments people here and on the website I watched it on got in, the show does more than portray instinctive human reaction and conflict, but it also elicits it from the polarizing viewpoints of the audience.

Fun watch, will continue.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

521 by Seraschi »»
Apr 1, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

596 by oDaw1 »»
Mar 25, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2015

674 by Listone »»
Mar 24, 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.