Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion


Jan 9, 2015 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13371
worlds first problems: waiting 1 whole week for death parade.
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
vonPeterhof said:
OutZoned said:
For all we know, "the void" could be "heaven" because it releases you from life, while "reincarnation" could be "hell" because it subjects you to the pain of living again.
The latter view, about reincarnation being the equivalent of hell, certainly sounds like a very Buddhist way of thinking. On the other hand, I'm afraid I don't know enough about Buddhism to judge whether or not "the void" (the Japanese word they used, 虚無, can also be translated as "nothingness") is an accurate description of the mainstream Japanese Mahayana Buddhist interpretations of enlightenment and/or Buddha-nature, not to mention whether or not what Machiko did and went through, even assuming that she did lie about having cheated/the child not being his/only being after his money/etc., qualifies her for anything resembling that status.


How exactly do buddhist refer reincarnation to hell? No Buddhist thinks like that and neither heaven or hell are a permanent place in the religion.

EDIT: Everyone gets reincarnated eventually.
Modified by koolvid, Jan 9, 2015 1:01 PM
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 394
Mogami-kun said:
Very predictable from start to finish (turning at each other, the girl ending up pregnant, etc) and the animation was absolutely terrible when the guy broke down, looked liked it was something from a comedy, very jarring. The show has potential, but it needs to improve, so far it's very textbookish.


Smudy said:
Yeah, very predictable lol

There are already various interpretations on this first episode and on the character behaviours. How is it predictable? xD


I think he means the bare bones events of the plot. But there's more to the show than what happens, so I agree, definitely not as "predictable" as he made it out to be. Sound like somebody needs to think more critically...

Also, if you have ever seen anyone bawl in real life, they look like a mess. The argument that that the art is "terrible" solely because of that scene is kinda stupid.
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
Now this is some awesome dark comedy. Really enjoyed the over the top breaking scenes.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
OP and ED are both very good. We can expect different OPs for different pairs which is nice.

It was very emotional. It was a haunting reminder of how despicable people are. The theme of this episode would be morality and how it is nonexistent in some people.

In end, a higher power will judge your actions. Machiko was judged and sent to hell (void). Although the husband was no saint considering he became violent, his foundation for becoming so was valid.

koolvid said:
Smudy said:
My view on this would be that she lied to him for the sake of having him go to heaven. Decim sent her to hell cause his last moments were pure suffering cause of her lie.

Anyone who thinks she didn't cheat are they trying oi ignore this part of the episode or are they just blind? http://i.imgur.com/04gpXu4.jpg


They are blind. She cheated. Whether her words about "why" she cheated were truth or not are debatable but she cheated none the less and her look in that screen cap is one of shame. People are saying that she figured out the system and knew one was going to heave and one was going to hell based on the outcome so she just lied so she would go to heaven. I don't believe that is the case.
Modified by IZEROII, Jan 9, 2015 1:02 PM
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 510
wooooooo
I didn't actually expect anything
that was stunning ._.

(but I never actually read anything about it; I just began watching right away)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3348
AotS as expected.
 
Jan 9, 2015 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 245
Ah, such a great first episode!

I love the opening, both - animation- and song- wise. I also liked the ED song, finally an animu, that I won't be skipping on those parts.
-
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:02 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7406
OutZoned said:
I don't think that she was actually cheating. It definitely appeared to me that she was lying just to strike back at him. She sarcastically told him what he wanted to hear because he couldn't handle the truth. We also don't know the criteria for how people are chosen for "the void" and "reincarnation."

For all we know, "the void" could be "heaven" because it releases you from life, while "reincarnation" could be "hell" because it subjects you to the pain of living again.

Based on the fact that we don't know the criteria, we also can't make assumptions that cheating on someone is an action that sends you to one place or the other. This system may not even take actions into account, and instead focuses only on emotional and mental states.

There are far too many unanswered questions that need resolved before we can draw any sort of conclusions, especially ones based on a system of morality that may not even exist in the show.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. I was surprised when I came here that first few pages were full of people saying that she definitely cheated and she deserved to go into the void. I really thought she was just lying at the end with her "confession." And also, she didn't at least love Takashi, I don't think she would've not tried to win near the end. When she hit Takashi's eyes, she really did do it on accident because of the previous hit done by Takashi. I also think that she was trying to prove to Takashi that she didn't cheat on him by taking the last dart and trying to miss. But because Takashi was struggling against her for the last dart, she ended up slipping and accidentally hitting bullseye.

I was also thinking about the void and reincarnation, that maybe reincarnation doesn't mean the best choice and that the void is hell. It could be due to Buddhism a few mentioned, or they could be trying to make it slightly more ambiguous as to what is good or bad. I mean they could've just went with Heaven and Hell, and everyone would know what that means. But void doesn't sound too bad to me tbh, it definitely doesn't sound like lots of pain and suffering as Hell suddenly reminded of Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Also, I agree with the person who said might've gotten the void because she lied at the end, causing Decim to be surprised and so the decision reversed (only if we do think that reincarnation=good and void=bad).

koolvid said:
Smudy said:
My view on this would be that she lied to him for the sake of having him go to heaven. Decim sent her to hell cause his last moments were pure suffering cause of her lie.

Anyone who thinks she didn't cheat are they trying oi ignore this part of the episode or are they just blind? http://i.imgur.com/04gpXu4.jpg

How does that prove anything?
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 6191
That was so awesome.

Machiko is really cheating on Takashi.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3212
not disappointed
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
tingy said:
koolvid said:

Anyone who thinks she didn't cheat are they trying oi ignore this part of the episode or are they just blind? http://i.imgur.com/04gpXu4.jpg

How does that prove anything?


It proves she was in bed with another man? What do you think that screen cap means given it's placement in the episode. It's just a random hook up of two unrelated people? Please.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 14
First time in a while that my only thought after an episode was, " OMG that was AWESOME!".
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 42
Wow. I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. Looks like one of the better animes of the season.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 9208
The opening is fantastic, even if it doesn't seem to fit with the rest. The animation and direction are impressive, except for when they went a bit overboard with facial expressions.
Overall, this didn't grip me as much as I hoped, but I'll wait for all the episodes to come out before continuing to watch it.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
tingy said:
OutZoned said:
I don't think that she was actually cheating. It definitely appeared to me that she was lying just to strike back at him. She sarcastically told him what he wanted to hear because he couldn't handle the truth. We also don't know the criteria for how people are chosen for "the void" and "reincarnation."

For all we know, "the void" could be "heaven" because it releases you from life, while "reincarnation" could be "hell" because it subjects you to the pain of living again.

Based on the fact that we don't know the criteria, we also can't make assumptions that cheating on someone is an action that sends you to one place or the other. This system may not even take actions into account, and instead focuses only on emotional and mental states.

There are far too many unanswered questions that need resolved before we can draw any sort of conclusions, especially ones based on a system of morality that may not even exist in the show.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. I was surprised when I came here that first few pages were full of people saying that she definitely cheated and she deserved to go into the void. I really thought she was just lying at the end with her "confession." And also, she didn't at least love Takashi, I don't think she would've not tried to win near the end. When she hit Takashi's eyes, she really did do it on accident because of the previous hit done by Takashi. I also think that she was trying to prove to Takashi that she didn't cheat on him by taking the last dart and trying to miss. But because Takashi was struggling against her for the last dart, she ended up slipping and accidentally hitting bullseye.

I was also thinking about the void and reincarnation, that maybe reincarnation doesn't mean the best choice and that the void is hell. It could be due to Buddhism a few mentioned, or they could be trying to make it slightly more ambiguous as to what is good or bad. I mean they could've just went with Heaven and Hell, and everyone would know what that means. But void doesn't sound too bad to me tbh, it definitely doesn't sound like lots of pain and suffering as Hell suddenly reminded of Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Also, I agree with the person who said might've gotten the void because she lied at the end, causing Decim to be surprised and so the decision reversed (only if we do think that reincarnation=good and void=bad).

koolvid said:

Anyone who thinks she didn't cheat are they trying oi ignore this part of the episode or are they just blind? http://i.imgur.com/04gpXu4.jpg

How does that prove anything?


because in context she is clearly sleeping with another man? I mean how blatant does it need to be for you?

and everyone gets reincarnated in buddhism after you go through "heaven" and "hell. Neither are a permanent place according to the religion.
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 2834
AOTS.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4724
IZEROII said:
OP and ED are both very good. We can expect different OPs for different pairs which is nice.

It was very emotional. It was a haunting reminder of how despicable people are. The theme of this episode would be morality and how it is nonexistent in some people.

In end, a higher power will judge your actions. Machiko was judged and sent to hell (void). Although the husband was no saint considering he became violent, his foundation for becoming so was valid.

koolvid said:

Anyone who thinks she didn't cheat are they trying oi ignore this part of the episode or are they just blind? http://i.imgur.com/04gpXu4.jpg


They are blind. She cheated. Whether her words about "why" she cheated were truth or not are debatable but she cheated none the less and her look in that screen cap is one of shame. People are saying that she figured out the system and knew one was going to heave and one was going to hell based on the outcome so she just lied so she would go to heaven. I don't believe that is the case.

It can be her suffering cause her man is watching his phone and not caring for her? Hell, it can be a scene days after he heard the girls talking there and he doesn't trust her, therefore his behaviour towards her. Thought of that?
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1477
The episode managed to be "cool", but as also shown by the comments, it was a bit confusing. I also thought it was a bit banal, none of the main plot was revealed. Looks like the next ep is going to be better.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 114
Well, that kept me on the edge of my seat. Was torn between both of them throughout the whole episode. So many mysteries I want to know the answer of.

What had me wondering the most though: What about the baby? Yes it wasn't born yet but it was still alive and died because of the car crash. What happens to its soul? We didn't see it so it didn't get its own judgment. Does it go to the void together with the woman even though the child didn't do (or rather, COULDN'T have done) anything wrong yet?
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4
Dekim is the arbiter, right? So does that mean the game is like the court where he evaluates who is going where. The winner doesn't matter at all. The game is just a spark to get the fire going.
Also by the principle of karma every bad thing done should be stored somewhere. Someone need to know the real universal truth. Now the question is if Dekim has access to the universes database? I also don't think the universe would let a mistake happen. Deception means nothing in front of an all-seeing eye.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1
So did anyone pay attention to the masks on corresponding elevators? Do you think that (initially) when coming out it shows who's guilty or not? or does it in the end show hows going to hell or heaven??? Questions to whom I dont have answers :( so please help me clarify
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7406
IZEROII said:
tingy said:

How does that prove anything?


It proves she was in bed with another man? What do you think that screen cap means given it's placement in the episode. It's just a random hook up of two unrelated people? Please.

Well idk I may just be naive, but when I saw that part I thought that whatever negative feeling shown by Machiko, it was because she noticed that Takashi hasn't been as attentive to her as before. Imo, Takashi couldn't possibly have hidden all of his animosity towards her, starting from after the wedding. Starting from when they were cutting the cake together, just look at his face. Even if she didn't see that, I think there were few other flashbacks that showed that Takashi wasn't as loving to her as before. It might be all in my head, and I would go back to look at the episode again for evidence, but I have to go to rn.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
Smudy said:
IZEROII said:
OP and ED are both very good. We can expect different OPs for different pairs which is nice.

It was very emotional. It was a haunting reminder of how despicable people are. The theme of this episode would be morality and how it is nonexistent in some people.

In end, a higher power will judge your actions. Machiko was judged and sent to hell (void). Although the husband was no saint considering he became violent, his foundation for becoming so was valid.



They are blind. She cheated. Whether her words about "why" she cheated were truth or not are debatable but she cheated none the less and her look in that screen cap is one of shame. People are saying that she figured out the system and knew one was going to heave and one was going to hell based on the outcome so she just lied so she would go to heaven. I don't believe that is the case.

It can be her suffering cause her man is watching his phone and not caring for her? Hell, it can be a scene days after he heard the girls talking there and he doesn't trust her, therefore his behaviour towards her. Thought of that?
what are you even trying to say? they clearly just got done fucking and it was with another dude no less. Who cares what the man is doing afterwards. The deed is done.
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
koolvid said:
tingy said:

Yeah I definitely agree with this. I was surprised when I came here that first few pages were full of people saying that she definitely cheated and she deserved to go into the void. I really thought she was just lying at the end with her "confession." And also, she didn't at least love Takashi, I don't think she would've not tried to win near the end. When she hit Takashi's eyes, she really did do it on accident because of the previous hit done by Takashi. I also think that she was trying to prove to Takashi that she didn't cheat on him by taking the last dart and trying to miss. But because Takashi was struggling against her for the last dart, she ended up slipping and accidentally hitting bullseye.

I was also thinking about the void and reincarnation, that maybe reincarnation doesn't mean the best choice and that the void is hell. It could be due to Buddhism a few mentioned, or they could be trying to make it slightly more ambiguous as to what is good or bad. I mean they could've just went with Heaven and Hell, and everyone would know what that means. But void doesn't sound too bad to me tbh, it definitely doesn't sound like lots of pain and suffering as Hell suddenly reminded of Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Also, I agree with the person who said might've gotten the void because she lied at the end, causing Decim to be surprised and so the decision reversed (only if we do think that reincarnation=good and void=bad).


How does that prove anything?


because in context she is clearly sleeping with another man? I mean how blatant does it need to be for you?

and everyone gets reincarnated in buddhism after you go through "heaven" and "hell. Neither are a permanent place according to the religion.


Exactly. She did what she did. Let's assume she did figure out that one goes to heaven and one goes to hell. She may have loved her husband enough, despite her actions, that she put on the display she did as punishment to her self before divine punishment. Regardless, her face at the end is one of knowing the causing and effect of her actions and what it has done to an innocent person's life who genuinely loved her.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Smudy said:
It can be her suffering cause her man is watching his phone and not caring for her? Hell, it can be a scene days after he heard the girls talking there and he doesn't trust her, therefore his behaviour towards her. Thought of that?


The guy's hair is different, the bedroom and the lamp is different, the pair sleeps on the other side of the bed.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4724
tingy said:
IZEROII said:


It proves she was in bed with another man? What do you think that screen cap means given it's placement in the episode. It's just a random hook up of two unrelated people? Please.

Well idk I may just be naive, but when I saw that part I thought that whatever negative feeling shown by Machiko, it was because she noticed that Takashi hasn't been as attentive to her as before. Imo, Takashi couldn't possibly have hidden all of his animosity towards her, starting from after the wedding. Starting from when they were cutting the cake together, just look at his face. Even if she didn't see that, I think there were few other flashbacks that showed that Takashi wasn't as loving to her as before. It might be all in my head, and I would go back to look at the episode again for evidence, but I have to go to rn.

We need a ''thumbs up'' button for comments.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 226
koolvid said:
vonPeterhof said:
The latter view, about reincarnation being the equivalent of hell, certainly sounds like a very Buddhist way of thinking. On the other hand, I'm afraid I don't know enough about Buddhism to judge whether or not "the void" (the Japanese word they used, 虚無, can also be translated as "nothingness") is an accurate description of the mainstream Japanese Mahayana Buddhist interpretations of enlightenment and/or Buddha-nature, not to mention whether or not what Machiko did and went through, even assuming that she did lie about having cheated/the child not being his/only being after his money/etc., qualifies her for anything resembling that status.


How exactly do buddhist refer reincarnation to hell? No Buddhist thinks like that and neither heaven or hell are a permanent place in the religion.
I said "equivalent of hell", with the word "hell" being used pretty broadly and, admittedly, confusingly, so apologies for that. I'm aware that there's an actual hell (or hells?) in Buddhist beliefs. What I meant was that it's a Buddhist view that life is suffering, reincarnation is getting more of the same suffering, and the ultimate goal is to get out of the cycle. So if we're treating the afterlife options of the soul of a recently deceased person as a binary choice with a "good" option ("heaven") and a "bad" one ("hell"), then in Buddhist doctrine further reincarnation could be interpreted as the latter.

I was especially inclined to stay within the heaven-hell dichotomy since at least one of the trailers for this anime outright stated that the games are for the purpose of determining whether the souls go to heaven (天国) or hell (地獄). As far as I can remember, neither of those words was actually used in the first episode. Who knows, maybe following episodes will reveal that reincarnation and the void aren't the only two options.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:14 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7406
-OJ- said:
Smudy said:
It can be her suffering cause her man is watching his phone and not caring for her? Hell, it can be a scene days after he heard the girls talking there and he doesn't trust her, therefore his behaviour towards her. Thought of that?


The guy's hair is different, the bedroom and the lamp is different, the pair sleeps on the other side of the bed.

Oh okay I didn't notice that it was a different person...but what if she started cheating on him afterward marriage? I mean yeah that doesn't excuse her action of cheating or how she always had the capability of cheating, but what if Takashi was the one to cause her to cheat because he didn't believe in her? Ok I'll stop here because I'm sure I'll be getting more rebuttals which I'm willing to read and maybe even have my opinion changed/getting closer to the truth of this.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
You're just hell bent on making her out to be the innocent victim.
But think about it. If she was a faithful wife, lied to her husband in ordeer to have him go to heaven, and at the end she got sent to hell after all that? Now THAT would be f*cked up.


The pair's bedroom ii.imgur.com/krMClVi.jpg
Love hotel bedroom with a shower ii.imgur.com/MC4F5zr.jpg

She was pregnant but not with the husband's child.
Modified by -OJ-, Jan 9, 2015 1:19 PM
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
Best OP so far, strong beginning.

Well, I think it is less relevant who goes where. The process of distrust, miscommunication, and self-deceit was portrayed superbly well - only a game of darts was enough for the coupled to bury their few good moments together :L

10/5
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4724
Just went back and compared pics to clarify. She did cheat on him after all. Pardonnez-moi then.

I do think though that she still loves him and just lost it with the ''money'' part. Do we know reasons why she cheated though? I didn't catch any.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 66
Madhouse did a good job. I wasn't expecting they were already dead, that was a nice plot twist. Can't wait for the next episode.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7228
lol that OP is so damn great just because I wasn't expecting the sheer absurdity of it in context with the show

I really enjoyed the OVA and like others have said I hope it doesn't get too repetitive.
Actually i'm looking forward to learning more about Quindecim and the rest of the 'staff'.
They all look like they are going to be super interesting.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
No CG car 10/10
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 18525
Shaikan said:
Madhouse did a good job. I wasn't expecting they were already dead, that was a nice plot twist. Can't wait for the next episode.


haven't watched the movie then huh
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 18525
Shaikan said:
Madhouse did a good job. I wasn't expecting they were already dead, that was a nice plot twist. Can't wait for the next episode.


haven't watched the movie then huh
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
vonPeterhof said:
koolvid said:


How exactly do buddhist refer reincarnation to hell? No Buddhist thinks like that and neither heaven or hell are a permanent place in the religion.
I said "equivalent of hell", with the word "hell" being used pretty broadly and, admittedly, confusingly, so apologies for that. I'm aware that there's an actual hell (or hells?) in Buddhist beliefs. What I meant was that it's a Buddhist view that life is suffering, reincarnation is getting more of the same suffering, and the ultimate goal is to get out of the cycle. So if we're treating the afterlife options of the soul of a recently deceased person as a binary choice with a "good" option ("heaven") and a "bad" one ("hell"), then in Buddhist doctrine further reincarnation could be interpreted as the latter.

I was especially inclined to stay within the heaven-hell dichotomy since at least one of the trailers for this anime outright stated that the games are for the purpose of determining whether the souls go to heaven (天国) or hell (地獄). As far as I can remember, neither of those words was actually used in the first episode. Who knows, maybe following episodes will reveal that reincarnation and the void aren't the only two options.

Buddhism is way of life and none that I know of look at life as suffering. Many atheist are buddhist and enjoy being so because of it's philosophy and what it teaches in accordance to approaching how one should live their lives. And buddhist aren't scared of the thought of reincarnation but embrace it. It would certainly be heaven for those who get sent to "hell".
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2267
Smudy said:
Just went back and compared pics to clarify. She did cheat on him after all. Pardonnez-moi then.

I do think though that she still loves him and just lost it with the ''money'' part. Do we know reasons why she cheated though? I didn't catch any.


I think she agreed to the arranged marriage, because she wanted to break up with the first guy. The doctor was a good match and a tolerable choice, so, perhaps she wanted a new beginning. But she was pregnant with the child of the other man. I think he was trying to get in touch with her, because he didn't know she got married in the mean time.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1104
That was amazing as expected for Madhouse
Really good start
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
tingy said:
-OJ- said:


The guy's hair is different, the bedroom and the lamp is different, the pair sleeps on the other side of the bed.

Oh okay I didn't notice that it was a different person...but what if she started cheating on him afterward marriage? I mean yeah that doesn't excuse her action of cheating or how she always had the capability of cheating, but what if Takashi was the one to cause her to cheat because he didn't believe in her? Ok I'll stop here because I'm sure I'll be getting more rebuttals which I'm willing to read and maybe even have my opinion changed/getting closer to the truth of this.


You are naive to the core like you said before. Cheating after the marriage is even worse and I don't see any evidence he mistreated her. Her friends talk about her as blatant gold digger.
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:23 PM
Anime Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 7406
-OJ- said:
You're just hell bent on making her out to be the innocent victim.
But think about it. If she was a faithful wife, lied to her husband in ordeer to have him go to heaven, and at the end she got sent to hell after all that? Now THAT would be f*cked up.


The pair's bedroom ii.imgur.com/krMClVi.jpg
Love hotel bedroom with a shower ii.imgur.com/MC4F5zr.jpg

She was pregnant but not with the husband's child.

I'm not hell bent on making her to be the innocent victim. If you read my post above yours, you would see that I said "it doesn't excuse her action of cheating or how she always had the capability of cheating." This means that if the void means something like Hell, then yes, she did deserve to go there because even if Takashi was the one who didn't trust her, she was still the one to cheat.

zellami said:
Smudy said:
Just went back and compared pics to clarify. She did cheat on him after all. Pardonnez-moi then.

I do think though that she still loves him and just lost it with the ''money'' part. Do we know reasons why she cheated though? I didn't catch any.


I think she agreed to the arranged marriage, because she wanted to break up with the first guy. The doctor was a good match and a tolerable choice, so, perhaps she wanted a new beginning. But she was pregnant with the child of the other man. I think he was trying to get in touch with her, because he didn't know she got married in the mean time.

This sounds better what I said before lol.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 553
Arcanix said:
The opening was weird for a series like this, but i liked it. Anyway that was a crazy episode, i'm curios how the whole story will be in the end.


Exactly what I was thinking :)


 
Jan 9, 2015 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
tingy said:
-OJ- said:


The guy's hair is different, the bedroom and the lamp is different, the pair sleeps on the other side of the bed.

Oh okay I didn't notice that it was a different person...but what if she started cheating on him afterward marriage? I mean yeah that doesn't excuse her action of cheating or how she always had the capability of cheating, but what if Takashi was the one to cause her to cheat because he didn't believe in her? Ok I'll stop here because I'm sure I'll be getting more rebuttals which I'm willing to read and maybe even have my opinion changed/getting closer to the truth of this.


Let me just say you don't "cause" anyone to cheat. You unhappy, you leave. Aside from that point, comparing the two pictures. I believe one is prior to and the other one is when they are on their honeymoon because you can see the luggage and it flows into the cell phone next scene in the car. That said she obviously stays on the left side of the bed. In that scene she was on her phone on the left and when she was laying in bed with morning sickness she was on the left. In the other scene, she is on the right side. I subscribe to the belief that isn't her husband on the phone in bed. That is an after the fact scene with another guy. They guys don't even look the same (different hair). That looked like a hook up scene. And she said 10 weeks pregnant. That means she was engaged to be married (more than likely) at time of incident. I honestly don't know if it's their baby or the hook up baby since it is shown they were living together prior to getting married. This is all assuming they were married and left for their honeymoon pretty much right after.

Additionally, that whole story she gave about it being a friend that the catty girls were talking about and not her given the similarity in their names...that could of been made up to try and save herself in the moment but it didn't hold up in the end.
Modified by IZEROII, Jan 9, 2015 1:37 PM
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4
-OJ- said:
You're just hell bent on making her out to be the innocent victim.
But think about it. If she was a faithful wife, lied to her husband in ordeer to have him go to heaven, and at the end she got sent to hell after all that? Now THAT would be f*cked up.


The pair's bedroom ii.imgur.com/krMClVi.jpg
Love hotel bedroom with a shower ii.imgur.com/MC4F5zr.jpg

She was pregnant but not with the husband's child.


She became pregnant before the wedding but the affair happened after it. You can see she is wearing the wedding band in the cheating picture. So I think the child is really his.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1144
AOTS, shining through the mediocre animes of this Winter.
The OP is really awesome, the episode lived up, quality wise, to Death Billiards, both really good.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 88
zellami said:
Smudy said:
Just went back and compared pics to clarify. She did cheat on him after all. Pardonnez-moi then.

I do think though that she still loves him and just lost it with the ''money'' part. Do we know reasons why she cheated though? I didn't catch any.


I think she agreed to the arranged marriage, because she wanted to break up with the first guy. The doctor was a good match and a tolerable choice, so, perhaps she wanted a new beginning. But she was pregnant with the child of the other man. I think he was trying to get in touch with her, because he didn't know she got married in the mean time.

she did say she was in it for the money and never loved him and the way her friends were talking about her made it seem like she has a record for hooking up with the right people.
blaze it
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 586
I wasn't a fan of the overblown reactions and character expressions, though to be fair I'm guessing that subtlety isn't what this show is going for. Decent first episode otherwise.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1663
Xterme said:
-OJ- said:
You're just hell bent on making her out to be the innocent victim.
But think about it. If she was a faithful wife, lied to her husband in ordeer to have him go to heaven, and at the end she got sent to hell after all that? Now THAT would be f*cked up.


The pair's bedroom ii.imgur.com/krMClVi.jpg
Love hotel bedroom with a shower ii.imgur.com/MC4F5zr.jpg

She was pregnant but not with the husband's child.


She became pregnant before the wedding but the affair happened after it. You can see she is wearing the wedding band in the cheating picture. So I think the child is really his.


I'll be honest. I didn't notice the wedding band. That was a good find.
 
Jan 9, 2015 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 327
I really liked the OP, it's kinda wacky but I love it. The episode as a whole took me by surprise, I thought it be ''kinda good'' but it was unexpectedly good. I think this might be one of my fave animes of this season.
 
Top
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »