Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Feb 10, 2015 9:07 PM

Nov 2014
I have to say I'm mad that I was ignoring this because I didn't think it'd be good...but recently my cousins recommended it to me and within the first 3 minutes I was already like woahhhh talk abour captivating...literally the octopus teacher walks in and everyone starts shooting...I was like what in the world is going on! This is definitely gonna be awesome.

The OP is amazing. I love the art and animation too!

I just love how it was so intense and serious yet funny at the same time. That octopus is giving me the creeps lmao but they gotta stop him so the world doesn't blow up! He's already as OP as it gets though xD
Feb 13, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2008
I am just too distracted by one thing to even comment on all others at this point...

WTF ''him'' !? This Nagisa is actually a HIM!?
Feb 21, 2015 3:31 PM
Mar 2014
Quite a catchy OP.

Pretty unusual Art-style, but i liked it.

So Nagisa Shiota is a boy huh, daamn i tought he was a girl :/

That 'suicide' strategy, was actually realy smart imo.
Feb 25, 2015 9:47 PM

Nov 2012
Nagisa reminds me of Mio from Nichijou, just grown up.

This series is... different, in a good way. Kurosesensei is turd for his cockiness but it seems like he has his reasons. I also loved how he tried to imply the tentacle hentai jokes.

4/5
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Feb 28, 2015 4:00 AM

Jun 2013
As far as I know, Nagisa is a name used for girls... Nagisa's appearance is that of a tomboyish girl and not a boy. Hell even the VA is a girl. WHY DO THEY REFER TO HER AS A BOY? Sorry but it's really hard to relate to someone when they do stuff like this.
Feb 28, 2015 4:10 AM

Feb 2012
AnimeSweden said:
As far as I know, Nagisa is a name used for girls... Nagisa's appearance is that of a tomboyish girl and not a boy. Hell even the VA is a girl. WHY DO THEY REFER TO HER AS A BOY? Sorry but it's really hard to relate to someone when they do stuff like this.

Nagisa can be a man name. Kaworu's name (from Evangelion) is Nagisa.

I didn't read the manga but I heard some spoilers, and apparently there is an explanation for his girly appearance.

Also, a girl voice actor for a boy is very common in anime.
Mar 1, 2015 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
Surpisingly good

Mar 5, 2015 8:37 AM

Jun 2013
Salce said:
AnimeSweden said:

I didn't read the manga but I heard some spoilers, and apparently there is an explanation for his girly appearance.

Yeah but this time it really is a girly voice. I mean you have people like the female voicing Luffy from One Piece and it works, but here it doesn't. His girly appearance is one thing, but his voice should be more male than female if they wanna refer to him as a male.
Mar 5, 2015 8:45 AM

Jun 2011
AnimeSweden said:
Salce said:

Yeah but this time it really is a girly voice. I mean you have people like the female voicing Luffy from One Piece and it works, but here it doesn't. His girly appearance is one thing, but his voice should be more male than female if they wanna refer to him as a male.
well he is suppose to be girly that's the point, not to fond of the character myself but its not the same as having a female voice goku hes suppose to be a girly young kid. MC is the worst part of the show though in my opinion
Mar 15, 2015 1:33 PM

Jul 2009
Wow all I can say is ... holy crap that was an awesome first episode! Glad I (finally) picked this up :O
So Korosensei blows up the moon and then says he's gonna do the same thing to earth ... well, I'm guessing that "flashback" with that other woman is the reason he did it. Especially since she referred to him being a good teacher ...
Anyway, so mass shooting and suicide bombing doesn't work. Surprise, Nagisa's actually a boy! :O I was surprised by that lol. Seems he's got some issues about always being overlooked and such. Korosensei being super angry when he was grabbing nameplates off houses ... uh oh D: The fact the colour of his face changes with his emotions is pretty cool too :P
OP was OK but didn't really like the song (animation with all the students was cool though). I really liked the ED! Really nice and calming :D Hmm, so I wonder if we'll get to see all the classmates or if the focus will be on Nagisa? I suppose we shall see!
Apr 3, 2015 11:26 PM

Jun 2013
This anime is actually refreshing for a change. It's so different from anything I've seen, and that's a good thing. The Octopus teacher is actually pretty cool, and the students have to kill him before graduation or else he'll blow up the earth. Interesting, very interesting indeed.
May 25, 2015 2:47 AM

Apr 2015
Yes! This is so awesome!
Definitly one of the yes I've seen this year
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Jun 29, 2015 6:56 AM

May 2012
This anime really required the first 00 episode as this one alone takes little to no sense at all without it, and even after that it still makes little sense but in general the setting is there but there's still a lot to develop to make it proper.

Either way I wonder what this anime will offer us and I do hope the pacing speeds a bit up as this first episode was rather slow.
Jul 25, 2015 7:09 PM

Apr 2009
I thought Nagisa was a girl, until the flashback showed that she was referred to as a "he". >_< All my other questions aside, I can hazard an early guess that the unknown dying female in Koro-sensei's flashback might be Class E's former homeroom teacher/class adviser, I think. XD

This episode... it was tentacles all along. LOL It was an OK start by my book. 7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 22, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2014
A very odd premise...with very odd humor. Not too impressed bit shine parts were funny. I liked the hug grenade idea xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2013
Everytime an androgynous character (or mostly really feminine boy) appears, in this case Nagisa, is it so necessary to be "lol i didn't know that he was a boy xD"?? And what even has his gender to do with anything related to the plot? What would it matter if he would be e.g transboy or a girl? I'm stunned how people can pick something like this up from a show that has such a large and unique cast like was this the only thing that you gave attention during the episode?? Though I shouldn't be surprised because this isn't the first time I'm ranting about this here.

Okay enough for that. I really liked the first episode and I'm shocked how I didn't pick this up when it was airing. I'm eager to learn more 'bout the whole class.
Oct 7, 2015 5:59 PM

May 2015
This is even weirder than that manga adaption of Mein Kampf...
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Nov 26, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2010
Well..that was an interesting start lol

Dec 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
seriously what was that? it was awesome
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 13, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
nagisa suicide ..
and teachers name koro sensei
Dec 15, 2015 3:13 AM

Jun 2012
Entertaining first episode, the only thing I wish was that Koro-Sensei's voice actor was Kamiya Hiroshi. I think he would've been great for this role, as cliche as it sounds. Too bad this was made by Funimation and not Shaft.
Regardless, this voice actor did a good job.
Dec 21, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
A trap protagonist? ok.. it's my first time but I can get used to it. But the problem is, he seems like a pushover wimp. I hate those kind of protagonists. Better be weak than straight-up pathetic.

Also the plot is really interesting and unique.
Dec 23, 2015 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty interesting first episode.
:)
Dec 25, 2015 5:31 AM

Oct 2011
If I didn't see the live action movie beforehand, for the first half of this episode I would be totally certain Nagisa was a girl.
Dec 26, 2015 5:05 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Koro-sensei's sooo awesome! Isn't Nagisa a girl's name though? Correct me if I'm wrong.

5/5
Dec 27, 2015 8:03 AM

Oct 2011
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Koro-sensei's sooo awesome! Isn't Nagisa a girl's name though? Correct me if I'm wrong.

5/5

There's awfully lot of Japanese names that are unisex.
Dec 30, 2015 4:38 PM

Mar 2015
What the hell is this anime?? FUCK IM LOVING IT!

The sensei is really nice and evil at the same time. Somehow I feel that the threat he is giving is actually more of a way so that he can teach kids normally like he promised. This way he can be a sensei and will not actually blow the earth up.

I wonder how things will go

Also WTF, Nagisa is a guy? Damn... I was looking forward for some tentacle jokes here.. and maybe doujin but... this is a guy? Someone give me holy water please... well maybe I can find one where he is a girl... :3

Jan 5, 2016 8:10 AM

Dec 2013
Why am i not enjoying the theme of this anime :( i really want to like it!!!
Jan 29, 2016 6:00 AM
Sep 2015
This anime isn't really my cup of tea and I'm just trying to figure out the hype about it :/
and taking out a bothersome teacher is every delinquents dream.

This is Gajeel Redfox before he became a punk

Mar 1, 2016 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
didn't know what to expect because the plot makes no sense at all but this seems quite funny and enjoyable.

and i might be watching too mucj BL because i didn't even think nagisa could be a girl... e_e
that says a lot about my taste and i should shut up.
Mar 8, 2016 7:28 PM

Aug 2015
That was so absurd I love it.
Apr 9, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
Can't wait to get obsessed with this show. Love the ed and op and nagisa and korrosensei are amazing.
Apr 9, 2016 7:47 PM
May 2013
did i hear some dubstep in there? parasyte?!?!?!
Apr 19, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2013
Either there's going to be some sort of twist or the author himself failed pretty hard if he thinks that destroying moon would have zero effect on earth.

But considering how shitty the exposition was on this episode (if it's same in the manga) then i wouldn't be surprised that if he just didn't know better.
May 1, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2014
Really impressed with this first episode... makes me look forward to watching the rest asap!! xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 1, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2014
Also Jun Fukuyama's voice as Koro-sensei is unrecognizable.. really impressive~
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 11, 2016 1:26 AM

Sep 2011
Kinda looking forward to this!
May 19, 2016 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
What kind of words even begin to describe this? I'm certainly looking forward to more.
Jun 17, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
Damn what a great start xD The way it was introduced is amazing.
Koro is really OP, they can't even shoot him.
I'm really curious about how they will kill him.
It seems that there is so much more on why he is doing all of this and that moment with that girl certainly proves it. Omg i'm so excited xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 13, 2016 9:56 AM

May 2013
Oouuu~ looks good, looks good. Much promising! So excite :D
Aug 23, 2016 11:07 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
This is going to be a fun anime.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 6, 2016 7:47 AM

Aug 2010
Well that was pretty interesting! Seems like there's more to Kurosensei, judging from that flashback. There must be a reason to him choosing to be their teacher as well!

Who else thought Nagisa is a girl??? I felt like I was trolled OTL How can that hair, that face, that voice be that of a guy??? Unless Nagisa IS a girl and she's just wearing pants for some reason...
Sep 14, 2016 2:39 PM
Dec 2014
Didn't like the episode 1 I didn't laugh by the comedy.I hope at least the actio in the anime is good.
Oct 5, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2012
okay yeah as far as first episodes go this is the best one i've seen in a while... when a premise is ridiculous I never really go with it, and usually just end up disliking it, but the humor and animation in this was done so well, you kind of forget how insane the plot is xD hoping for some inventive assassinations and such from this show definitely can't wait for me
Nov 24, 2016 2:56 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Nagisa apparently is guy... why he looks like a chick..
Dec 3, 2016 8:49 AM

Apr 2013
Great first episode, I really like how Lerche does art and animation. The opening and ending were also really great, I hope the soundtrack in general will be of the same quality. Only Nagisa is a bit of an odd protagonist, would've preferred someone more active for this kind of anime.
Jan 2, 2017 2:45 PM

Jun 2016
haha we need a teacher like this :p
May 21, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
Wow the first episode is quite something! I expected nothing less from Matsui Yuusei! Been a fan since his previous work (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)
When the manga ends, I always hoping for him to make a sequel of MTNN but turned out he create yet another unique and original story!
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu is in my plan to watch list just knowing it's from the same mangaka as MTNN!
Jul 23, 2017 12:03 AM

Feb 2010
Alright so first episode! The story so far seems really weird...almost like a really silly plot. I almost think "how can they make so many episodes of this weird plot? And make them really good?" Well we'll see! This seems to be very popular and was very recommended so I'm sure they are going to find a way to make it interesting. Definitely excited to see how it's gonna go.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Aug 15, 2017 1:45 AM

Dec 2012
Holy crap! They all started firing.
Dat OP.
LMAO at him telling her to stand at back and think about what she has done.
LMAO at him saying he's going to pop on over to China for some food.
LMAO at the girl trying to kill him while he's tutoring her.
So there are assholes in the class.
WTF! Dat explosion.
Focking scum.
Dat skin.
How the hell are you going to lie to someone who has the power to destroy planets? Baka's.
Korosensei.
Nagisa said the name of the title. Roll credits.

Good first episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

178 by tiaamyom »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

127 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 15, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

148 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 10, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

159 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 8, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

193 by tiaamyom »»
Apr 4, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.