Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion

Jan 9, 2015 1:44 PM

Loving the new OP and all of the foreshadowing, the ED was surprising but will fit the later episodes wonderfully. I also loved the hinting towards a possible part 5 adaptation with the photograph scene.

Seems like David are continuing to do a fantastic job creating a perfect adaptation of Stardust Crusaders. I hope it sells enough to warrant a Diamond is Unbreakable anime.

Jan 9, 2015 2:06 PM

Best anime this season!

On a side note the anime says episode 25, but MAL says new season. Episode 1?

Jan 9, 2015 2:27 PM

When they took a group photo. XD

Ukkoclap said:

On a side note the anime says episode 25, but MAL says new season. Episode 1?

I think, some websites disregard the seasons (since the second season is a continuation) and list the new episode as if it was after episode 24 of S1. Others list them separately.

Jan 9, 2015 2:32 PM

I absolutely love the new ED. Might be kinda weird to the anime only people that such a soothing song plays after a battle with a Stand user but will be 100% perfect for some of the episodes later on.

Jan 9, 2015 3:29 PM

Changed my mind , listened to the opening a few more times , it's grows easily on you the second time you listen to it.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 9, 2015 3:35 PM
JOJO IS BACK!!!!

Jan 9, 2015 3:47 PM

so happy that jojo is back

op is great, episode was great, ed was unexpected but not gonna complain about pat metheny

censorship sadly is still present but done better than before.
Modified by xSanox, Jan 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Jan 9, 2015 3:50 PM

Dayum o_O *-*

Jan 9, 2015 4:06 PM

Iggy must be a good character. Right back to the adventure like there wasn't even a break.

Jan 9, 2015 4:27 PM

Totally didn't expect to hear that Pat Metheny Tune at the end and me being a big fan of his music made me happy even though this is probably one of my least favorite tunes by him.

The episode itself was really good, though I thought the dog would do something this episode, but I guess he'll do something next episode. I hope we find out if there are more stand users and if they replaced the previous ones or if they're using some different system to identify themselves.
Modified by penguindrum264, Jan 9, 2015 4:31 PM

Jan 9, 2015 4:41 PM
This episode was amazing, cant wait to see whats coming up next. And i loved when in the intro they put the oraoraoraora, lol

Jan 9, 2015 4:48 PM

Each new Jojo has a weaker opening than the last

Jan 9, 2015 5:15 PM

Hell yea!
JoJo is back and ridiculously fun as always. WOOT.

On a side note, Iggy's probably one of the ugliest dogs that I've seen in anime. Almost kind of creepy.

Jan 9, 2015 5:32 PM

sullynathan said:
Each new Jojo has a weaker opening than the last

would be true if Bloody Stream wasn't so based

Jan 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Good stuff, but that ED was probably what I found the most interesting. I don't believe I've actually heard the song, but I'll have to change that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Jan 9, 2015 6:07 PM

AWWWWW YEAAAAAHHHH JoJo Friday is back and in full swing!

First gotta talk about the opening and ending. AWESOME. Even better than I expected, and very different than I expected. Both op and ed are a lot more laid back and chill than I thought they would be, but surprisingly it makes me like them even better. Also I have to note; so kind to newbies. There were like no spoilers in either, and even I, sensitive to spoilers as I am, was hoping for a bit more Dio/roadrollers.

So yeah the episode...SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. I can definitely see what all the Egypt hype is about, I'm already so invested, but that could just be because I waited 17 weeks for this episode. Finally got to meet Iggy, he's pretty great, just wish he'd get off his lazy ass so I can see the fool in action. Also, KAKYOINS BEAUTIFUL FACE OH NOOOOOO!!! I guess that explains the sunglasses in ASB...

Overall, very satisfied, ORAORA/10 would MUDAMUDA again

Jan 9, 2015 6:16 PM

I'm so happy Jojo Fridays are back... :')

I agree that the OP and ED aren't as good as the first half of SDC, but I'm sure they'll grow on me as the season goes on. I like the animation for them at least.

N'Doul is one of my favorite minor villains so I'm glad to see him. Even though he puts Kakyoin out of commission for a while...

I'm looking forward to next week! :v

Jan 9, 2015 6:33 PM
Feels good to have this back on the track. I hope the new OP and ED theme songs will grow on me eventually. The animation sequences they used for them were neat though.

The censorship was also very nicely implemented again.

Really liking the chemistry between Iggy and Polnareff, if we could even call it that. Can't wait for the next one.

Jan 9, 2015 7:03 PM

After re-watching the opening a couple of times, I have to say that it's probably my second favourite of what we've gotten so far (Bloody Stream too OP). Sure the animation may be a lot simpler but the tone of the song really suits the tone of the latter half of the series and the little details they threw in were fantastic. The singers screaming ORA ORA ORA might have been a bit much, but I'm sure it'll grow on us.

The episode itself was as great as I was hoping it would be and it's great to see that they remembered to include the scene of them having their picture taken (something Araki didn't think far ahead enough to think of including). Eagerly anticipating Iggy's more human-esque design to appear as well.

Also for first time viewers who may be wondering what the new enemies Stands may be called, consider the hints lying in the shadows. It won't be a secret for long (next episode will probably spill the beans anyway :-p).

Jan 9, 2015 7:27 PM

I just watched the first episode!
It was so h*cking good wow but wtf @ david making it 2 parts
The OP was weak IMO but like with Stand Proud, I'll probably get used to it until I end up loving it.

Also how fucked up was it that they used 'Last Train Home' as the ED and the ending scene was the picture they took? That got me fucked up so badly I cried in real time HD 1040px. And I watched it while babysitting so the kid looked at me like 'Why does this lady cry all the damn time' he wasn't having none of it lol
"madoka magica is just so ridiculous I mean who is going to believe such a shoddy melodramatic tragedy could have any commercial or moral value"

Jan 9, 2015 7:31 PM

The_Redux said:
After re-watching the opening a couple of times, I have to say that it's probably my second favourite of what we've gotten so far (Bloody Stream too OP). Sure the animation may be a lot simpler but the tone of the song really suits the tone of the latter half of the series and the little details they threw in were fantastic. The singers screaming ORA ORA ORA might have been a bit much, but I'm sure it'll grow on us.

The episode itself was as great as I was hoping it would be and it's great to see that they remembered to include the scene of them having their picture taken (something Araki didn't think far ahead enough to think of including). Eagerly anticipating Iggy's more human-esque design to appear as well.

Also for first time viewers who may be wondering what the new enemies Stands may be called, consider the hints lying in the shadows. It won't be a secret for long (next episode will probably spill the beans anyway :-p).

I agree this OP was weaker compared to what david has blessed us with before, but it definitely suits the fact that this is the second and last part for this era/part in the series. And it's probably going to get me Emo Pt. Duex on the last episode.

But now I'm curious what (assuming there will be) the OP/ED for the other parts should be? Is this a thread already or no? Because Stone Ocean ED needs to be Joan Jett's 'Bad Reputation' no question.
"madoka magica is just so ridiculous I mean who is going to believe such a shoddy melodramatic tragedy could have any commercial or moral value"

Jan 9, 2015 8:01 PM

elixer said:
I just watched the first episode!
It was so h*cking good wow but wtf @ david making it 2 parts
The OP was weak IMO but like with Stand Proud, I'll probably get used to it until I end up loving it.

Also how fucked up was it that they used 'Last Train Home' as the ED and the ending scene was the picture they took? That got me fucked up so badly I cried in real time HD 1040px. And I watched it while babysitting so the kid looked at me like 'Why does this lady cry all the damn time' he wasn't having none of it lol
I cried too during that ending. I have loved this cast far more than most casts i have seen in any anime , *Yes part 2 jojo is better but the whole cast is way better in part 3*. I don't know what will I do when the time comes.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 9, 2015 8:27 PM

I'm finding myself to be disturbed by the ED as well. I've watched it a few more times and it's a straight up gut punch. Jotaro just standing there alone at the end and the picture sitting in the middle of the desert after a slideshow of the crew spending down time together on the journey is genuinely disheartening. The depressing music makes it almost hard to watch. Overall it's a great touch, but

Jan 9, 2015 8:29 PM

Mikasa said:
sjack said:

Please do, your disingenuous moronic complaints will spare me future head aches.

Please do what? What is your problem? JoJo's fanbase tends to be tame but people like you make me think otherwise.

Part 1 is very important to the series. Why watch part two if you skipped part one? Of course you're not going to find it very interesting or be as emotionally invested as possible.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.

Jan 9, 2015 8:32 PM

^ +1 ;_;
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

Jan 9, 2015 8:47 PM

Jojo is back!

Although some scenes like discovering the helicopter were not as elaborated as compared to the older version. Personally, I think they did a good job for the remake. The pilot head scene is better and more gruesome.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

Jan 9, 2015 9:23 PM

This anime is so "Shonen-ish" and so manly at the same time.

Jan 9, 2015 9:30 PM

Kakyoin flipping his hair after telling Polnareff to fuck off will be the highlight of the season

Jan 9, 2015 9:37 PM

that ending theme was perfect

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 9, 2015 10:00 PM
elixer said:

You know what I would do, when you know what happen I would switch the song with Unistall

Jan 9, 2015 10:02 PM

This is bad. There's a new dog character. We all know that when there's a dog charcter in this kind of stuff, then surely they will......I hope not.

Jan 10, 2015 12:20 AM

Jazz fusion + Jojo ain't my cup of tea, but I'll live with it I guess.
Mah Dio songs doe T_T
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Jan 10, 2015 12:44 AM

Woohoo,it's back. OP not as good as previous one.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Jan 10, 2015 2:58 AM

So awesome to have this back, now my fridays-saturdays will be a lot more better than usual. Great episode to start of this new season. I saw that dog character in the PS3 game - All-Star Battle

Jan 10, 2015 3:03 AM

OP sucks, it's seriously bad, the world is gonna end because of it.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jan 10, 2015 5:16 AM

Extreme3708 said:
This anime is so "Shonen-ish"

Maybe because it's adapted from a shounen manga...

Jan 10, 2015 5:20 AM
WATCH UMA MUSUME

tsudecimo said:
Extreme3708 said:
This anime is so "Shonen-ish"

Maybe because it's adapted from a shounen manga...

lol

Anyway great first episode, Iggy x Polnereff was funny

Poor Kakyoin :(

Absolutely love the OP and ED, can't stop listening to them

JizzyHitler said:
that ending theme was perfect

It felt so happy

Jan 10, 2015 5:44 AM
Poor Polnareff. Someone else should get shit instead of him for once. Poor fella. Is coffee flavoured gum even a thing? Opening was ok but not as good as first. Much better than what Tokyo Ghoul offered though. Hyped for that JoJo greatness. I need to catch up part 1 and 2 but somehow it is not as epic as part 3.
Dem anime hipsters tho 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Jan 10, 2015 5:46 AM
If you don't like spoilers I suggest avoiding this forum completely.

Jan 10, 2015 6:20 AM

Great to have Jojo back. The episode was fantastic! Polnareff as usual is the funniest thing about the Anime. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Jan 10, 2015 7:08 AM
White T-Poison

Ahh I really missed those Guys. Happy to see them back

Jan 10, 2015 7:49 AM

Didn't expect OP to be this weak. Compared to the rest, it is weakest. Though I am glad JoJo is back. I was missing testosterone it has.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Jan 10, 2015 7:59 AM
Dimitrije1606 said:
Didn't expect OP to be this weak. Compared to the rest, it is weakest. Though I am glad JoJo is back. I was missing testosterone it has.

I disagree, I think it's the best one so far.

Jan 10, 2015 9:07 AM

The ED was great, but I'm still a bit let down that it wasn't a Dio song.

Well, on a more upbeat note, I'm really glad to get weekly JoJo again, and hope possibly DIU is around the corner.
Modified by Kezone, Jan 10, 2015 9:10 AM

Jan 10, 2015 9:18 AM

I just want to say that this is the greatest and most beatiful ED in the history of anime,

Jan 10, 2015 10:19 AM

Great start. Another weekly series to look forward to.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

Jan 10, 2015 10:35 AM

OP might be the worst of all of the four, bros. It was actually ok before the ORA ORAS dragged it to the overwhelming shits.

The ending, on the other hand, is PERFECT. It's as bittersweet as possible, and really fits the tone of the majority of the last part of the arc.

Jan 10, 2015 10:52 AM
Orzi said:
I just want to say that this is the greatest and most beatiful ED in the history of anime,

Definitely become one of most nostalgic ED after journey is finished

Jan 10, 2015 12:44 PM

Orzi said:

Glad someone shows some love to that beautiful and stunning ED.

Jan 10, 2015 2:38 PM

Yea!!! Awesome, JoJo is back!!! This was pretty good.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »