Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2014
Don't like the OP... but the ED is good. I feel like it improved a bit in terms of animation, the fights were really cool. Overall, it met my expectations.
Jan 8, 2015 9:10 AM

May 2010
kikohunter said:
Will be watching it because Ishida is participating but it's already painfully obvious that it won't be as good as the manga. Kaneki joining aogiri does not make any sense and goes against his character. They better have a damn good reason or this is just bad writing.

but..but didnt you see the ppl few post above telling you and me the anime story is already better than the manga story line ?! lol

i absolutely agree with you.the manga was really great..the anime was meh.second season is following in the same manner.
Jan 8, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2010
One thing I'll say...this made Suzuya seem even more Psycho with how he was draggin Jason while everything was falling down. In the manga he just dragged him XD
Jan 8, 2015 9:13 AM

Feb 2014
That was soooooooooo much better than anything I saw in the first season, this was actually really good!

I did not notice too much blatant censoring which is a huge plus (maybe because the entire episode was pretty dark?)
Jan 8, 2015 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
Bland episode at first. I'll hope some intense on the next episode.

And as for some people who said that they watched this with censors, I'll just let you know that I watched this with any censorship.

Jan 8, 2015 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was better than the whole last season in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the OP was horrific. The ED song and the song before it were fantastic though. Looking forward to this season.
Jan 8, 2015 9:16 AM

Oct 2012
The manga was really good so knowing its taking an alternative route is going to be a little interesting to say the least but hopefully it ends up a good change or at the very least entertaining but because its a different route I gotta judge it stand alone without any manga bias which is not easy to do especially because I still expected a certain scene with Ayato from this episode :| That being said though, the animation was really good as was the music, I'll be looking forward to more.

Jul 2012
I dont think Kaneki will join to aogiri...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 2014
Can someone tell me what is Aogiri, I have completely forgotten!
Jan 8, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
hibiki6 said:
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.

it doesn't follow the manga.but it could still be considered canon and actually seems better than the mangas story.

That's hilarious, good luck explaining how an original story can be considered canon... Impossible to be better than the manga, we all like Tokyo Ghoul because of the story that the author wrote in the first place, there is an anime only because of him.
Jan 8, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
it was about what I expected tho I am curious to know why Kaneki would join the enemy makes no sense unless he's there to spy on them.
Jan 8, 2015 9:18 AM

Dec 2010
hibiki6 said:
Kerozinn said:

i thought that much. ridiculous that ppl are trying to pass this off as canon.

i dont remember but was the identity of One-Eyed Owl revealed in the first season cause this episode made it painfully obvious who it is.

the author said that this was what he wanted the story to be about after killing jason. and if you actually reread the second half of the first part of tokyo ghoul you would noticed that they set up more for eto,tatara and aogiri tree. But it just started losing focus.

So far this anime seems to be having a better story than the manga.
He said it's the original draft, he changed his mind because it's crap obviously. No it's not better at all, you're just trying hard to be different.
Jan 8, 2015 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
As some one else mentioned earlier, 1st episode of Tokyo Ghoul Root A >>>>>>>>> Tokyo Ghoul. I wasn't keeping my hopes high but this changed everything. I am perfectly fine that this is an alternative route. Badass Shironeki - I came (no gay).

Although I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Shironeki sensei's biology lesson, we at least got, "Shut up and listen, I'm talking", albeit in a different way. Awesome animation especially during Kaneki vs Ayato. Loved Eto very much and we got to see a glimpse of Suzuya in this episode. Tsukiyama is back with his French. Oh, how I missed that. Props to Hanae Natsuki for his BA Kaneki voice and Sakamoto Maaya = <3 <3

With all that said, I am really looking forward to see what Kaneki has in his mind by joining Aogiri. So glad that there were not much censoring this episode and I hope that they continue this for the rest of the season.

OP is ehh, and a SEXY ost before the ED. ED was awesome as well. In Ishida WE TRUST!
SasaKanekiPedeJan 8, 2015 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
eXtacy67 said:
An antagonistic ghoul organization responsible for various crimes. Kaneki's becoming half-ghoul case is also connected to them. More info will be shed out in the later episodes I guess[since anime did not adapted much of Aogiri arc].

Jun 2012
amare135 said:
hibiki6 said:

the author said that this was what he wanted the story to be about after killing jason. and if you actually reread the second half of the first part of tokyo ghoul you would noticed that they set up more for eto,tatara and aogiri tree. But it just started losing focus.

He said it's the original draft, he changed his mind because it's crap obviously. No it's not better at all, you're just trying hard to be different.

+1
The author just doesn't want the actually story to be butchered by the studio, a smart person.
Jan 8, 2015 9:23 AM

May 2010
Snaita said:
amare135 said:

+1
The author just doesn't want the actually story to be butchered by the studio, a smart person.

that actually makes sense.

Feb 2014
Nuvi said:
eXtacy67 said:
An antagonistic ghoul organization responsible for various crimes. Kaneki's becoming half-ghoul case is also connected to them. More info will be shed out in the later episodes I guess[since anime did not adapted much of Aogiri arc].

Thank you :)
Mar 2013
good episode. I was looking forward to a good OP and then we get this shitty one, it's basically a still image for 1:30 minutes. I liked the insert song and ED tho. The story seems pretty interesting so far, I'm looking forward to seeing kaneki's motive for joining aogiri

amare135 said:
do you have any proof he changed it because it was 'crap'? there are lots of potential reasons as to why he changed the ending
Jul 2013
amare135 said:
hibiki6 said:

I agree. The whole setup for this season sounds incredibly flawed. No wonder this was a draft.
Jan 8, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, what a way to start the second season. It's a relief that this wasn't censored as the censorship was painful at times in the first season, so at least we haven't got to be worried about that this time. The fight involving One-Eyed Owl was pretty cool and pretty well done, and it should be interesting to see what they do with him from here.

The fight between Ayato and Kaneki was the best part of the episode though. Hoping for more of this.

The only issue I have is that I really don't get why Kaneki would join Aogiri Tree? I'm guessing that his conversation with Ayato about his reason for joining Aogiri Tree may have something to do with it, but it still felt very odd.
Jan 8, 2015 9:27 AM

May 2010
danieltortoisee said:

The only issue I have is that I really don't get why Kaneki would join Aogiri Tree?

because it didnt happen in the manga. only reason there really is.believe it.
Jan 8, 2015 9:29 AM
Mar 2013
To be true, I was a little scared about it beeing the same as the Manga ... I love the manga and all, really!, but it's cool to get also another side of the story :3

//aand i am not spoilered by the manga XD I can freak out just more if i have no idea what comes next XD (ok i'll shut up now)

and i was also a bit dissapointed by the opening :o but doesn't matter, TOKYO GHOUL IS BACK WUHUU :D

(The endig art was just incredilbly beautiful ! )
Jan 8, 2015 9:30 AM

Feb 2014
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.

Most of the first episode was sort of true to the manga but the end changes the entire thing. So it's more than likely that the rest of the episodes will be completely different.
Jan 8, 2015 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
Oh god that op was pretty bad..

The new story seems pretty interesting so far, but I'm still salty we didn't see the manga style Kaneki vs Ayato.
Jan 8, 2015 9:32 AM

May 2010
sai_cx said:
Kerozinn said:

Most of the first episode was sort of true to the manga but the end changes the entire thing. So it's more than likely that the rest of the episodes will be completely different.

but there was a certain scene missing where someone gets 103 bones broken by kaneki.
Jan 8, 2015 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
The opening is interesting to say the least...

Other than the season2 seems promising, a lot of mystery and action. On top of that beast-mode Kaneki. White hair FTW I dont like his new suit though :/
Jan 8, 2015 9:33 AM

May 2013
Interesting that Kaneki decides to join Aogiri. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 8, 2015 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
That new OP was absolute **** why not just hire the same guys who did the song for Tokyo ghoul: re volume 1 CM or better yet, just extend that song by a minute.

The actual episode was decent, they're still keeping a dark theme which is nice.
Jan 8, 2015 9:35 AM
Sep 2013
So happy for this season!
Sad that there was no Ayoto getting that beating but maybe It will come later.
The opening Im pretty indifferent to / the ending feels about the same to me as the last.
Kaneki joining Aogiri guessing he plans to destroy it from the inside.
The ost when Kaneki leaving and the snow was a nice touch.
Im pretty interested to see where this is going.
Jan 8, 2015 9:35 AM

Oct 2012
It seems weird that Kaneki would join Aogiri but I guess they will explain his reasoning at some point.

And I agree the new op is awful, what were they thinking.
Jan 8, 2015 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
so is this how Ishida planned the story to go originally??

Jan 8, 2015 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
DISAPPOINTED!
Nothing like the manga... where Kaneki broke half of the Ayato bones...
Everyone who read the manga will feel the pain of this episode...
Jan 8, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2011
Damn... Kaneki looked really badass with his mask on and his new hair color, although I liked the opening of the previous season more.

Damn... poor Touka-chan is getting her wing eaten by her lil bro T.T

How could have I forgotten... TRES BIEN!!!

Wow, those prototype armors sure looked amazing.

Oh yeah, the moment I was waiting for, Kaneki making his grand entrance and Hide's freaking smart as always.

Kaneki being badass seems like a normal routine now.

LOL, Kaneki telling Touka-chan that he's going to join Aogiri was a real mindf-ck... and he already has a freaking badass suit as he join them XD.

I'm really curios to find out his reasoning for leaving Anteiku and joining Aogiri.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jan 8, 2015 9:38 AM

Dec 2009
Was sitting, w8ing fro the 103 bone breaking, just when i see the "Shut up and listen to me" I'm like "KTKA!" And they just cut it out... =C Thou Kaneki joining up with Aogiri is kinda abrupt, the way tehy animated it was badass so im all up for it. Nice suit too, much cooler than the tights in the manga. He looked like a pervert while fighting in the manga *laughs*
Jan 8, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
It was a pretty good episode but I dont like the opening that much however I like the ending.

They missed out the 206 bones bit which I was hyped about.
Jan 8, 2015 9:40 AM
Jun 2014
RyuPeter said:
DISAPPOINTED!
Nothing like the manga... where Kaneki broke half of the Ayato bones...
Everyone who read the manga will feel the pain of this episode...

Nope because i saw spoiler a week ago. and this is actually great episode
I hope for explanation of Kaneki's decision in the up coming episode.
Jan 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Sep 2014
Feel like this season's music isn't as good as the 1st season. Not really expecting for better music through.

I think this episode is pretty average to be honest. But the part that Kaneki join Aogiri is seems to be interesting. I hope this season will be better than the 1st season.
Jan 8, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
dude, i JUST want to start writing my 500 words essay! fuck, its released now, fuck you essay, im watching XD
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 8, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
BLOOD MINDLESS VIOLENCE INCEST SUPAH POWAH
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 8, 2015 9:43 AM

Mar 2013
Damn good first episode. Loved to see this new Kaneki... I didn't like the OP though.
Jan 8, 2015 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
i will watch this because i want to know the ending but man i just feel bad for the manga
Jan 8, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
So we're heading to Aogiri... guess it will be an interesting journey.
No 103 bones secene :(

We got an alternative story and now I'm wondering - if they would want to got back to the manga, cause I'm pretty sure somehow they'll have to do that if they want to do :RE adaptation, how would they do it?
Geeez, though I kinda like the idea of joining Aogiri (it's so different than what Kaneki did in manga, it makes him more badass) I'm a bit confused.
Jan 8, 2015 9:47 AM

Nov 2013
Epic episode. 10/10
Too bad we didn't have the bones scene... and he didn't say "I WONT." while saving touka.. T__T
But in average the episode was pretty much epic, the fight scenes were awesome!
and no censure!! >.<
The OP sucks..
Jan 8, 2015 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
What a stupid OP.

EP was solid, hope the alternate story doesn't suck that much.
Jan 8, 2015 9:49 AM

Feb 2014
OP was so bad. Unravel would be hard to top but this is as if they didn't try at all..
Jan 8, 2015 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Ranked #78
Talk about overrated.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 8, 2015 9:51 AM

Nov 2012
One of the worst OP I've ever seen, but at least the story is interesting and there are still many characters that we've yet to see closer.

Jun 2013
Have to say i'm disappointed that Kaneki didn't do the ' half kill ' .

However i'm glad that the anime is taking a different direction from the manga which came to a somewhat disappointing end.

Sep 2012
The OP sucks ass compared to the first one. The ED sucks as well. The background music during the first half was awesome though.
Jan 8, 2015 9:52 AM
Sep 2013
Jakky said:
It feels like this episode would have been better if it was the last episode of the first season rather than first episode of the new season.

But more people would have been mad and say they butchered because of the change from the manga and need to be announced that this season is going anime original instead of just leaving it with an anime original ending.
Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.