Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 2:35 PM

Jun 2014
The death flags though. Don't want to jinx it >.<

I'm actually pretty confident that Kousei will rock the song, then freak out, then stop, then rock the song again. Also, hoping to see Kaori bust in and slap Kousei and then start playing with him. Probability that it'll happen? Probably 0.0000001%

Also, if they kill Kaori here, you're giving Kousei a full 9 or so episodes to grief and get back on track. I would say that it's
TheTsunami said:
Too early for them to kill her off.
Jan 8, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2010
Beast !!!! I've been itching for this episode to show up.
Super Kousei activate !!!!!! I better prepare my tissue for next week.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 8, 2015 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
Nice ep.
Can't wait to see what Kousei does next ep.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 2:46 PM

Dec 2013
Is it just me, or are they over-doing the death flags? It's like every episode there's at least one death flag, but a good many of the episodes contain multiple. It would seem to me that the over-use of the death flags would mean that she's probably going to be fine in the end somehow. All of the constant death flags are actually getting quite annoying, I really enjoy this series but the melodrama can grate on the nerves sometimes.

The kid at the end, the winner of the competition acting all smug and saying Kaori wasn't making music because she didn't follow the score... That was like mini-Kousei, I wanted Kousei to snap on him or something, all things considered.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 8, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2014
Boring episode. This show has so much potential and they are just wasting it. Really hope they pick up the pace here.
Jan 8, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
neoalexys said:
Damn, I hate this.
I want another episode NOW.....
I don't want to wait one week for the next episode.

My feel!

I just want to hear Kousei play right now :P
Jan 8, 2015 2:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Her firework light fading...That hit me badly.
Jan 8, 2015 2:53 PM
Nov 2014
Old OP/ED > New OP/ED. I guess that's the first "normal" episode I've seen so far but it was really nice to see Arima's curse turn into a gift.
Jan 8, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty Joyful new Op... Nice ed also
Looks like Kousei finally got over his problems.

Stop raising death flags Kaori! Plz
Jan 8, 2015 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
i'm cryin
Jan 8, 2015 3:56 PM
May 2014
Finally it's back. NEW OP :D

Two people riding on a bike is against the law.
Jan 8, 2015 4:16 PM

Apr 2012
I like the goosehouse op better but this ain't bad either. The new ED is pretty nice as well. I agree they are overdoing it with the death flags. She's being impaled with them every episode. Still going to cry like a baby when the time comes.

Jan 8, 2015 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the previous OP more.
Who was that "new girl" with them? I don't remember her.
Don't tell me that Kaori died.
Jan 8, 2015 4:23 PM

Mar 2012
The animation is going from awesome quality to low quality... I don't know why, but it was amazing back then, now they can't even draw some legs, are you serious? ...
Jan 8, 2015 4:27 PM

Jun 2014
Loved the new ED, but I prefer the old OP over the new one!

Episode was great! I have a really bad feeling about Kaori, and now that Kousei has his confidence back how will he perform alone?

Can't wait til next week!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jan 8, 2015 4:34 PM

Dec 2009
The flags are too much, can this just be a red herring and Kaori is fine? Please I will have a ball if Kaori passes.
Jan 8, 2015 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
Hmm I don't think Kaori died but probably had some medical emergency such as collapsing or going unconscious since a few episodes ago she was physically unstable. Also all the window blinds were pulled down all the way in her family's shop which either means they're closed or something bad must have happened.
Jan 8, 2015 4:58 PM

Jan 2014
Poor Kaori can't hold a note while singing. In all seriousness, these death flags have become overwhelming. Looking forward to another performance by Kaori and Kousei, hoping we get it.
Jan 8, 2015 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
did... did she die?
Jan 8, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, emotional as always. Like the ED song, wish there was more animation during it.
Jan 8, 2015 5:17 PM

Nov 2013
New OP/ED are balls lol. Getting real tired of this shit. Gimme da classical music already and stop hamstringing me with the impending demise of kaori.

I hate how that the sum of his progress so far is pretty much people telling him to man up and borderline bullying him into submission. Very silly idea to sell to people.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 8, 2015 5:22 PM

Nov 2013
This episode rocks!

Though i didnt understand the joke about the firework that shaped like "poop"

For once the episode, doesnt seem too short or too long...Amazing
Why be Someone Else .When the only thing you know is how to be Awesome and Fantastic!
Am I right or What?
Self Five!
I Thank You guys for having the
time to read my sig
thx!
Jan 8, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
Please, please tell me that they're going to pull an After Story on this series and somehow piece together a happy ending once everyone has run out of tears to shed. I won't be able to cope with it if this show ends with a depressing conclusion. I'll still be crying in April, wait, damn it. I won't stop crying until it is no longer April.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 8, 2015 5:32 PM
Nov 2013
Miss the first opening, but the new songs are still nice.

Kousei is finally gaining confidence, that makes me happy. Although I feel like that'll be broken again since Kaori death flags are very strong. Also so a screenshot of a scene in the manga that worries me a little...

Good episode, hopefully Kaori shows up next episode so her and Kousei can tear shit up
Jan 8, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2015
It was kawaii :D i am no really fan of the love triangle so i like that they only hint it, i really like her, so i keep getting the feeling that something awefull will happen T.T and it probably will the feeels!
OKAMI!
Jan 8, 2015 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
y123y said:
4/5.

Whoa!
Jan 8, 2015 6:35 PM
Jan 2014
Hmmm..I think they're skipping content from the manga. Some scenes were completely skipped. (Watari asking Kaori if she likes Kousei) the whole "Candy Apples" chapter was rushed and a lot lines were "shortened" (its like an entire page of dialogue would be shortened to like 1-2 lines). I'm not sure if it was done before but this is the first time it was actually noticeable. Not sure if the skipped scenes would be repackaged for another episode. But i'm pretty sure we won't get the missing lines from the candy apple chapter ever again.

This episode felt relatively weaker to me. Maybe because I didn't really enjoy the chapters "Apple Candy" and "Twinkle little star" in the first place. I'm ambivalent towards them rushing through them..

Opening song was relatively worst. It's hard to beat Hikaru nara. I liked the ending song better though.
Jan 8, 2015 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
Fatma94 said:

This is their second time skipping scenes/conversations from the manga, but this time around it was very noticeable. I think they'll do it again since there's like 10 episodes left and there's so much more to cover..cant blame them though. "Candy Apples" and "Twinkle Twinkle Litter Star" are like two chapters worth of dialogues . It's kinda sad, though.

When was the other time that content was skipped?
Jan 8, 2015 6:50 PM
Jan 2015
Please don't speak about death flag. Nonsense. This is the story fighting against death with music and love.
Jan 8, 2015 6:59 PM
Jan 2014
Fatma94 said:

if my memory serves me right

Ah yes. I kinda didn't notice this one. It's easier to notice when a conversation has been reduced rather than totally skipped over. But yeah, in this episode I was like "hey when did watari become a scholar".
Jan 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Dec 2013
I cry.

Why Kaori!??!?!? I HOPE YOU'RE ALRIGHT PLS DON'T BE A DEATH FLAG. PLEASE.

Emi tho... love her...

That little girl is super cute the toddler~

Haha fireworks at school, why is there a scene of that in every anime?

I prefer 1st OP and ED over this one but nonetheless it was still awesome.

Can't wait to see what happens in next episode.

5/5. Oh yeah~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jan 8, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
<3
Jan 8, 2015 7:28 PM

Jan 2012
That Engrish was both beautiful and cringe-worthy. I'm really hoping that isn't how she dies, like at least have her play the concert. If she is dead, then... ;(
Jan 8, 2015 7:36 PM

Jul 2014
First of all love the new OP and ED ( but i think previous OP was better)

Not much progress and no awesome classic music in this episode, but the cliffhanger..................... CAN ANYBODY TEACH ME HOW TO SKIP TO NEXT WEEK?
Jan 8, 2015 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
This is giving me goosebumps at every fucking episode. I don't know if it's only 'cause of classical music ... though dat cliffhanger ...

Takiya_Oomine said:
CAN ANYBODY TEACH ME HOW TO SKIP TO NEXT WEEK?

Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jan 8, 2015 8:12 PM

Aug 2013
Kaori's firework going out as she's being asked about her future. Let's just add that to the list of death flags she already has.

New OP/ED are ok. They're good, but I just liked the first OP/ED more. Only personal preference. Nothing against these ones.

Kaori's terminal illness better be the reason she's late. She's already a painfully annoying character as is. If she just happened to oversleep or have some comedic excuse I'll be happy to see her die later on.
Jan 8, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2011
Like the new OP and ED... but Hikaru Nara is still the one I prefer.

Really love the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star duet that they did this episode...

And of course Kousei will play along. Kaori probably collapsed this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 8:38 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
Please, please tell me that they're going to pull an After Story on this series.

Funny you should say that.

I mean, overly cheerful parents who happen to own a bakery and fake their positivity around their sickly only daughter?
Jan 8, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2014
Finally... . Enjoyable episode, i liked Kousei trying to play the piano in the water. Looks like his mom wasn't so bad, maybe she has one of those twisted affections that make her torment Arima so he can grow up. I hope he can overcome his deafness to notes soon.

I really wish they would stop with the Kaori death flags, what number were today's? 4th, 5th? We get it, she'll probably die. I hope she hasn't passed out and that's why she's not present, though.

Will we see Kousei literally solo the competition? Guess so, but Emi ain't fooling anybody - she wants that Arima goodness.

Ughh, i can't believe we were left with a cliffhanger.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 8, 2015 9:07 PM
Jan 2014
God I missed this show. I really hope they don't kill Kaori off.

I hope to see more of Emi. She's a worthy candidate for Kousei's harem.

Kousei was pretty GAR at the end of the episode. Wish Kaori could've seen it.
SierraM363Jan 9, 2015 10:50 AM
Jan 8, 2015 9:25 PM

Aug 2014
That Engrish was just... wow. I'm barely holding myself from writing the true lyrics.

I really, really liked the new ending song, better than the last one, though the old opening was better.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 8, 2015 9:38 PM
Sep 2011
It's obvious that Kaori has health problems, probably she passed out or she's in a hospital right now, I have a bad feeling that she will die in the end...
Jan 8, 2015 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
oh shit, kaori ended up in the hospital, didn't she? :(
i wonder what kousei is going to do about the performance.
Jan 8, 2015 10:52 PM

Dec 2012
The new OP song is pretty good. However I liked the first OP better.
ED song is not bad as well.
Arima and Kaori singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was sweet.
Kaori's parents are so nice giving Kousei all those leftover desserts.
The day of the Gala concert and Kaori is no where to be seen.
Hope see makes it on time. I really wanna hear those two perform.
Hopefully this second half is just as good as the first.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 8, 2015 11:53 PM

May 2013
Damn, I can't wait for Kousei's performance next week~
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 9, 2015 1:15 AM

Feb 2012
SakBoyK said:
I actually ship ArimaxEmi. IF Kaori dies or something he always has Emi to fall back on!

Emi is my fallback. I ship Kaori. But like what you said, IF something happens to Kaori (hopefully not), Emi is a good second contender. She was funny with that hoodie, acting like some stalker. lol!

I feel Kaori will be late or will miss the performance due to health issues. She wouldn't be late due to waking up late, traffic, or something. She was excited the whole time and her parents said they'd come, so if ever, they'd wake her up a couple of hours in advance. Still, can't wait for next episode to find out what really happened.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 9, 2015 2:10 AM

Jul 2014
No wonder i felt this episode somehow was rushed.
They skipped lot of things from Manga like his guardian(Seto Hiroko)'s performance concert and some conversation on that back stage concert as well as another death flag's conversation between Watari and Kaori. They showed us Kousei and Hiroko's scene on the night festival instead although some of the conversation got cut as well :|

The forced comedy is too much on this episode, The new ED song is much better than the before. The new Op is nice but is not as good as before.

I hope the next episode is going to be better, i am looking forward for Kousei's performance and some of Hiroko's flashback :D

btw that child in the end is more annoying than the manga LOL XD
he has no idea how good Kaori and Kousei are!

Jan 9, 2015 2:40 AM

Mar 2014
I am not looking forward to all the drama if/when Kaori ends up terminal. It's not the direction I want to see this show go in, the death of Kousei's mother is already a really big thing in the story and the character's motivations, I don't see how we need another dramatic death
Jan 9, 2015 2:42 AM

Dec 2014
A new op and ed...

I thought Kousei had already gotten over his bad memories regarding his mom, though its nice that he seems to be getting more confident...

Emi did pull a good disguise there as, I didnt even recognize her...

Kaori has gone AWOL, now, how are you going to handle this Kousei?
Jan 9, 2015 2:43 AM

Sep 2014
Amazing OP and ED. It's all slowly getting much more emotional now.
I like how they portrayed Kaori's parents so well from the manga.

Looking forward for Kousei's solo (spoiler!) next week. It will be awesome.

P.S. Why is the manga still at chapter 42?? We need the final 2 chapters. (Or maybe the mangaka and the anime production team are working hard on an epic finale?? I hope so. Pull through Kaori, please pull through.)
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Yesterday, 7:07 PM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.