Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 7, 2015 9:06 PM

Jan 2008
Well, they certainly succeeded at hitting all of the necessary eroge game adaptation flags. ^_^;
Jan 7, 2015 9:11 PM

Nov 2010
Eh, atleast it was better than Absolute Duo...
Jan 7, 2015 9:12 PM

Jan 2008
The quality was pretty nice. The character placement seems to be all over the place though. Understand the girls were 'acting' for a bit but man, they just change personalities like every other scene.

Shakes fist at beam of light. Does this have a AT-X?

edit: Well does look like AT-X has it too but dunno if they'll uncensor it. Do hope so, even if minor, would prefer no censor at all.
PaulJan 7, 2015 9:24 PM
Jan 7, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
That was rather sudden. Is this going to be a not as good DxD? Still looks promising though.
Jan 7, 2015 10:00 PM
Dec 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Sutatekken said:
Guys hate to burst your bubble but this is being done by Production IMS there won't be an uncensored version and they'll likely skip over all the really strong stuff like the grope sessions and the stuff bastek66 posted tbh i'll be surprised if they keep the contract spell as is and not make it something else

Lol, they already announced it ahead of the airing that the Blu-rays will include scenes inappropriate for TV airing. Looks like we'll be getting them in Blu-rays anyway even if they skip them in the airings.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/19-1/video-the-testament-of-sister-new-devil-dvdblu-ray-to-include-unaired-salacious-scenes

I knew of that but considering IMS' reputation it'll still be nothing above what you'd find in Fairy tail thats what kind of company IMS has been for as long as I know.

YetiRider said:
I've read the manga prior to watching this. As expected the opening scenes are dull and boring as fuck until Mio and Maria reveal themselves to Basara. Production quality also went up by a grain during the later scenes. I also like the OP, both music and visuals.

Let's hope Production IMS finally redeem themselves with this one. Based on the episode preview title, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I'm with you lets hope IMS don''t ruin this series with there over censorship they tend to do, but I suppose as the guy I replied to before said there is that Announcement so if IMS is ever going to get it together it will be now.

Paul said:
The quality was pretty nice. The character placement seems to be all over the place though. Understand the girls were 'acting' for a bit but man, they just change personalities like every other scene.

Shakes fist at beam of light. Does this have a AT-X?

edit: Well does look like AT-X has it too but dunno if they'll uncensor it. Do hope so, even if minor, would prefer no censor at all.

Its IMS so don't get your hopes to high my friend.
SutatenkenJan 7, 2015 10:05 PM
Jan 7, 2015 10:24 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Not sure about this but ... now that i've watched the first episode, lets watch it to the end.
yay.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
Hee.. not bad. It's as generic as any ecchi and after the first half I almost dropped it due to the father leaving (typical overused trope) but it turned out that the father is also involved.

Hopefully this'll be as good as DxD (it might have been a good appetizer for DxD 3rd season)/
Jan 7, 2015 11:01 PM

Jun 2013
Well it could have been worse, at least MC isnt voiced by Matsuoka Yoshitsugu meh

I hate it when they play OP songs in the middle of the episode

First half was trash, second half was decent
lucidbrandonJan 7, 2015 11:06 PM
Jan 7, 2015 11:11 PM

Feb 2014
This was a fucking awesome start.

Finally a harem, that's really interesting!
Jan 7, 2015 11:13 PM

Apr 2013
Might be my guilty pleasure this season
and Yuichi Nakamura doing Onii-chan role again make it perfect ...
Jan 7, 2015 11:27 PM

Aug 2013
Were there really people complaining about the ass being censored?

Are you fucking new to the ecchi anime genre? They censor everything. For god sakes, they even censored panties in the TV broadcast of Date A Live. If not seeing 1/10 of a bare ass is too much for you, go watch some hentai.

Well call it generic, but as IZEROII said: "there's only so much you can do in this genre". If it bothers you that much you shouldn't be watching it in the first place. If everything is too generic for you, go watch one season of HSDxD then never touch an ecchi harem show again.

Literally everyone who comments anything like "another generic" or "mediocre crap" shouldn't be watching this show to begin with. You knew EXACTLY what type of show it was going to be before it started. You have ZERO right to complain.

As for this episode, it basically blew Absolute Duo out of the water. Better art. Better video quality. Better subs. Better animation. Better pace.

I found it a bit weird where they put the OP in this first ep. Like it's not unusual for a show to have the first episode use the OP at the end, but here they put it at the "end" but the show still ran for like 6 minutes afterwards. AND they still used the ED at the real end. As long as it doesn't pull a World Trigger though I'll be fine.

...Did not expect that loli to be so perverted and lewd. I think I like her. Idk if she can break my "tits triumphs all" rule though.
Jonesy974Jan 7, 2015 11:33 PM
Jan 7, 2015 11:28 PM

Dec 2013
getting Highschool DxD vibes.. well at least male MC isn't a pussy

Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 7, 2015 11:31 PM

Dec 2010
IzayoiSk said:
ATX version 01/08 22 : 00
http://anime-shinmaimaou.com/onair

I'm pretty sure it will be censored aswell, always when a show start censored on a public tv channnel the pay for view follow the same route, different if the show started directly in the pay tv channel.

Absolute Duo is what i'm talking about, is not censored at all because it air directly on At-X, another example was Seikoku no Dragonar.

Btw, is not bad as a first episode, but i like demons after all. :D
Jan 7, 2015 11:46 PM

Feb 2014
Alright here's my actual episode review

I don't give a flying fuck what anyone else says: This was some grade A material right here (when it comes to harem standards). Let's take a took at this:

First off, it starts off nicely with the introduction of the characters. Right off the bat I see that the MC is actually a little different from the pack. Instead of standing in the doorway stunned and then waiting for the baka slap, he went in covered her mouth was like, "BITCH! This was a misunderstanding!" Of course I'm paraphrasing here but you get the point. Then we have the redhead coming in and humping him in the morning! Yessir! This is a fanservice show, so you know what, I should expect fanservice. Now, there's a lot of different ways of executing fanservice; some are good and some are bad..... I'd this was an example of a good one and that goes for all the fanservice moments in the episode. Mainly because the anime didn't make it seem like the fanservice situations were completely out of the ordinary, it made it seem almost natural in the scene. The MC was nervous, but he wasn't freaking out and the redhead was being a tease. Good stuff. I think I just like the reactions of the characters in the fanservice scenes more than anything.

Then the white haired chick was great. Sexual deviant! I love it! She was awesome. Getting the Step Sister hentai game was hilarious.

And then, we had the part with the thugs harassing the redhead. MC was great there and then we got to see some genuine emotion from the redhead. I thought that bike scene was nice.

AND then the dad leaves and right away I was like, "Dammit, we're having on of these plots?" Especially because I liked the dad a lot, I didn't want to see him leave so soon. He's also he's voiced by Leorio's voice actor (I think) so that helps too. And then the girls reveal they're demons which was pretty sweet and I thought there was going to be some bullshit like, "Oh! My magic doesn't work on him because he's an ultra special being and he doesn't know about it! Let's take him in!" But nope! He was undercover the whole time and was part of the Hero clan! Hell yes! He was badass there. Then he tells them to get the hell out.

AND THEN we learn the dad and him are part of the hero clan and that the dad set this whole thing up to keep watch of the redhead. Good shit! All of the stuff that happened to the redhead actually sounded interesting and got me excited for the plot.

AND THEN a battle sequence goes on and the MC ends up the saving the redhead and they have a nice family moment that was actually kind of touching.

This anime has played all its cards right and has done a lot of good things so far. I hope it holds its momentual throughout the whole thing. Give me interesting characters, a plot that I can actually care about, and good fanservice and I'll be a happy camper. The first episode did that for me and I hope it continues.

Jan 7, 2015 11:52 PM

Feb 2012
I thought the mc was gonna start off useless, completely caught me off guard. I really liked this episode, leaves a good first impression so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 12:00 AM

Mar 2014
Wow. This definitely exceeded any expectations I had for this anime. At first I thought this was just some average incest, slice of life anime and then the second half happened!

And yes, like others have said, this also reminds me a little of shows like High school DxD or Date a Live for some reason.
Zanos1Jan 8, 2015 12:08 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 8, 2015 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
As expected form Production IMS; a standard animation and art design, and jarring scenes from the 1st half of the episode. It was pretty boring tbh, up until the 2nd half where things got me interested.

Nothing that special, pretty generic if you asked me. Though the MC looked OP, and the actions are pretty cool tbh.

Jan 8, 2015 1:03 AM

Aug 2013
OMG I just realized I didn't watch half the episode because I thought the op? or ed that was played in the middle of the episode made me think it was over

Edit: Upon watching the rest of the episode, even more DxD vibes, but I like the MC more than Issei, at least so far anyway.
ErenxMikasaJan 8, 2015 1:13 AM
Jan 8, 2015 1:13 AM

May 2013
I thought Mio was a tsundere. If she was, this is gonna be so generic. I thought Maria was gonna be the shy type. Oh well.
Basara is a hero and he and his father came from the hero village. Unexpectedly, he encountered the Demon Lord's heiress. Some familiar things are rushing through my head while watching this. Sigh.

I thought that the MC would be the idiotically dense type. At least, that part was alright. I won't expect anything more than what it is to be expected.
Jan 8, 2015 1:41 AM

Jun 2013
I declare this one my pre DxD BorN filler.
Oh and it's alright. Basara seems like a pretty solid MC as well.
Jan 8, 2015 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
Starting out I was getting bored watching the first episode, but then we found out they were demons. I was hoping this isn't going to try to turn into High School DxD. However, plot twist the boy is actually a hero from a hero clan and that made this anime awesome and watchable.

Great episode!!!
Jan 8, 2015 2:23 AM

Jan 2012
for the PLOT only, I can turn a blind eye on those fanservices... HAHAHAHA

TheHell, it's like Highschool DxD, a red-haired Demon Girl with a servant...
Jan 8, 2015 2:29 AM

Dec 2012
Good episode to start. A lot of ecchi and action scenes.
For now, this is the least bad.
Jan 8, 2015 2:38 AM

Apr 2010
Generic start like everyone says, but I've decided I'll probably only watch 1 harem per season, Absolute Duo has been dropped as it was boring as hell and barely even funny. This is definitely better and seems to lack a school element(or as much of a school element) like Duo.

And the MC in this is way better than Duo, that helps.
Jan 8, 2015 3:32 AM

May 2011
Why're so upset of the quality of animation? :D It was really great, maybe because I watched an entire season of one piece before watching this. Anyway, The plot is cliche but it was really great :D I liked it.
Jan 8, 2015 3:43 AM

May 2013
This will be my guilty pleasure this season. Calling it.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 8, 2015 4:03 AM

Nov 2012
This is like a mix of Highschool DxD and Hataraku Maou-Sama.
Jan 8, 2015 4:14 AM

Aug 2014
it's a good first episode ... :D
Jan 8, 2015 4:59 AM

Jan 2011
MC seems good, definitely surprised that he and his dad were heroes.

First anime of this season that I'm watching and I'm not disappointed.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 8, 2015 5:06 AM

Apr 2012
do you guys not realize that the art design is DAL clone?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 8, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2009
Todd_ said:
Because comparing art from a Light Novel to an animated show is completely logical right? I usually ignore some of the stupid things you say, but this one I couldn't. Think before you speak.

But that's how it is, LN art is superior, anime designs look average. Also, even ATX censored partially uncovered ass so it will be much worse as ecchi scenes escalate.

bunny1ov3r said:
do you guys not realize that the art design is DAL clone?

It doesn't look like Tsunako's art at all.
Jan 8, 2015 5:45 AM

Jun 2014
.......................................... I'm not so sure what to think of this.

The opening animation had me doing the Jenna Marbles face. And this had just so many cliches. A hero, devils, mystical magical powers.

The hero back-story was also sloppily written into this episode.

For now, this show is staying in my dropped pile. Maybe I'll pick it back up if people convince me otherwise.
Jan 8, 2015 5:48 AM

Aug 2010
Meh/5, watching it for Maria.
Jan 8, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2013
If I've got this straight,
Father takes in two girls
One of them is a demon lord
Demon lord girl's father was a good demon who wanted a truce
Other demons don't want that
They kill him
Demon girl is sent off to be raised by villagers
Demon lord gets attacked by other demons who want her power she's inherited
MC has to protect her smile
ecchi hyjinks ensure.

Jan 8, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
bastek66 said:

It will be worse when they reach this (nsfw) or this (nsfw) and definitely this shampoo bottle (nsfw).
So yeah. Better read LN/manga and "ENJOY" art there.

third one looks like titty fuck
Jan 8, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
this was as blatently ecchi as it can get.

there was nothing special filled with cliches but for some reason i still enjoyed it.

art is pretty high quality, style of the op is prety cool if that in the middle of the ep was the op.

so far pretty fun. guess it will depend on how the censorship is, hate it
xSanoxJan 8, 2015 7:20 AM
Jan 8, 2015 7:27 AM

Jun 2012
Nothing special, but that was expected
Jan 8, 2015 7:48 AM

Oct 2014
So... people may get the wrong idea, but by very definition this show cannot be "generic". Well I don't want to spoil too much, but unless all of those scenes are completely cut out and/or censored, then you should expect a borderline-H series.

Well it should become evident in EP2, so look forward to it or not.
Jan 8, 2015 8:07 AM

Sep 2013
I really thought the Dad wanted his son to get laid from his two new step sisters lol...

I'll hop into the same boat, I'll give this one a watch

3/5, alright episode in my opinion
eunoia33Jan 8, 2015 8:11 AM

Jan 8, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2014
I thought the first half of the episode sucked though things started picking up near the end... I'll give it another episode or two to see how things play out.
Jan 8, 2015 8:34 AM

Feb 2014
Not gonna lie but I totally thought this was just going to be a pure harem anime since I have never heard of this show or read the manga before. The whole PC game thing was hilarious. Then it went and did a 360 on me and all of a sudden threw demon lords and heroes into the mix and that there was a whole village of heroes and stuff like that. I won't say its that good just yet but it is definitely off to a good start!
Jan 8, 2015 8:38 AM

Dec 2013
First episode followed the manga plot pretty well.
However, half the animation felt really hentai-ish, which didn't help the plot much...

I need to throw it out there, but did anyone beside me feel like the animation for this show was a little bit er.... "choppy"? I'm not saying start-stop bad, but that character movement and speech movements weren't as smooth as they would be when compared with other similar shows? For most of the show I was left wondering whether it was my browser screwing up or something (when everything else was running smoothly).

Oh well, I enjoyed the manga and will probably enjoy this show.
Bring on next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 8, 2015 8:44 AM

Aug 2010
Enjoyable first episode. MC is actually likeable so far. Really like the opening.
Jan 8, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
Highschool DxD + Trinity Seven = this weird thing

Very generic start. Felt rushed too

Censoring panties? Really?!?

It was ok tho
Jan 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
Gahhhh please not the light shafts of death. Really makes you appreciate shows that but some effort into their censorship so it's less noticable.
Jan 8, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome! Pretty good start. So now they're a family, two heroes and two demons... This is a kinda funny but cool too :D
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 8, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2010
So far everything is going according to the manga......most of it that is.
yeo
Jan 8, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Really generic but enjoyable nonetheless.
Jan 8, 2015 12:27 PM
Sep 2013
well that escalated quickly xD
Jan 8, 2015 12:33 PM
Apr 2012
At LEAST this guy has backbone unlike other male protagonist. He seems level headed too but we'll see how this goes.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

161 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

74 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

71 by MxS7HGS »»
Feb 5, 2023 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.