Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 17, 2015 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 10 Review

So we had our lackluster battle with the Russian Branch leader and the entire episode was just a bunch of *sighing* especially the ending when she was left alive...I'm not even putting a spoiler tag on that because it's just so dumb. The only thing I liked was he "remembered" a new power where he controlled rain water and engulfed a lightning giant.

[color=LightSeaGreen]Sengoku Musou Episode 10 Review[/color]

This was an enjoyable episode if you like strategy but that is really all it put on the table. They seemed like they put a little bit more budget on this episode but it's still not enough to do anything great.

Absolute Duo Episode 11 Review

This episode was honestly quite disappointing and it's mainly because it was just too damn happy-go-lucky with the Miyabi situation.
So this episode just had some poor writing decisions but Tooru level 4 power was pretty good and fits his defensive role coherently.

Quickbits, since i didn't make a post on Saturday
Log Horizon- Was nice to see an Issac episode, weird moon
Death Parade- They brought another element into the judgement story with the old lady and it's not that i didn't enjoy the episode but your not left with enough to talk about.
Isuca- I don't even remember the episode to be completely honest with you.
Mar 20, 2015 3:59 PM

Dec 2013
[B]Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Review[/B]

That was a pretty nervous exchange between Yona and Su-Won. The episode was a heartfelt episode ending the arc, which is kind of weird since we still have one more episode and with the preview we saw that they should be going into a new arc. This means there must be some sort of cliff-hanger coming. I really hope the second season is like announced within the next month because i am going to miss this show like I've never missed a show before.

[B]Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 11 Review[/b]

I'm officially going to say that this season is better than the first.

P.S. Mado vs Kaneki was amazing

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Review

Man is this episode going to get misunderstood. So we finally have the last girl that suppose to be apart of the main characters circle and she is the cousin route girl. If you remember from the OVA they were making fun of fan-service and what have you and with this episode you got a "butt"load of fanservice. They were doing it so much, and so often, and with the same exact scenes that they were still making fun of the fanservice. This is what you call a satire everyone >.>. I continually see today's society not able to comprehend a good satire anymore with an example being the Go Daddy Commercial about the puppy's.

[B]Shirobako Episode 23 Review[/B]

I just keep getting more pissed off. That creator is god bullshit annoys me to no ends. I had to stop watching and walk out of the room for awhile for how unwillingly they are to do anything. Complete utter jackasses.

or...so I thought?

The entire "so called" fight scene up the tower was great and was probably some reference to something else I don't remember or watched. Everything is looking good as we finally reach to our last episode next week. Not like Akatsuki no Yona I think this anime has served it's purpose so I'm not that sadden that the ending is coming.
Mar 21, 2015 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
Death Parade Episode 11 Review

So we finally learn about our main female's past and saying that she was young it is not a surprise how she died. The situation seems realistic and i'm ready to come to the conclusion of this show. The ending will have a very high value to my final grading.

[B]Log Horizon Season 2: Episode 24 Review[/B]

This show just keeps getting weirder, I hate to say it but this show is spirally downhill pretty fast. Now the raid seemed rushed but I'm pretty confident that was the point to emphasize the disorganization so hopefully will get our real raid episode next week. The raid episodes in the first half were some of the best of the show.

Iscua- Grandma-10 year old Loli. That is all >.>.
Mar 24, 2015 9:49 AM

Dec 2014
So, since Fate told me to write it in this thread, here's my review on Shigatsu "just" 5 days late :P Let's start.

Story
Kousei Arima was a child prodigy on the piano. But after his mother died, he lost his ability to hear his playing and with that, pretty much his wish to continue. He still continues in private a bit. So far so good, right? But one day, Arima meets Kaori Miyazono, a free-spirited violinist. And this girl changes the future of Arima: She pulls him back to playing in competitions although he still can't hear his playing. Kaori is also into Arima's friend, Watari, who's the ace of the soccer team. Slowly, Arima unfortunatly, starts to fall in love with Kaori, which really pisses off Tsubaki, Kousei's childhood friend, who secretly has a crush on him. So Shigatsu starts as 2 dramas in one and in the end, is 3 dramas in one: The drama of Kousei, the piano prodigy, the love drama between the 4 characters that I already named, and later on, the drama of Kaori (not going to spoiler though).

Characters
Kousei Arima: He's been one of the best pianists for competitions in the past, so accurate and stuff, he was even called the "Human Metronome" and other names. Until his mother died. Because of that, he lost his ability to hear his playing. Now, 2 years later, he has pretty much given up on playing in competitions and is living a boring, or, in the anime's words: "He led a colorless life after that day." He's introverted and a nerd, a music nerd. That's why he only got 2 friends, Tsubaki and Watari. But he kinda overcomes this as he overcomes his trauma.
Kaori Miyazono: She is the person who brings color back in Kousei's life. She gets him to play in competitions again, shows him a way to play and gives him a person to play for. But she's into Watari. And she got more deathflags on her than Mirai Nikki got Dead Ends for its whole cast. Her cheerful, free-spirited attidude is a.. blessing (bc of lack of better description) for Kousei. She's a really lovable character overall and she got waifu potential ^^

Tsubaki: Childhood friend of Kousei. She tries really hard for him behind the scenes and has always been by his side. She has that really straight-forward, Tsundere-like personality and got more courage and self-confidence than most guys, and that is why she gets nicknames like "Gorilla Girl". But at heart, she is a pretty normal girl who fell in love with her childhood friend.
Watari: A pretty typical pretty boy (pun intended). Captain of the school's soccer team and popular with the girls. When Kaori confesses he's really happy and you often see them together like a couple even though I, at least, can't remember them officially saying that they're going out.
Aiza Takeshi: He's one of the few rivals that Kousei has. He's really focused on beating him since Kousei is the reason he got serious about playing the piano. Seeing him perform for the first time in 2 years and seeing how hard Kousei fails at being the hero that he was for Takeshi pissed Takeshi really off and he gets angry at Kousei. We then get to see again how hard it is on Kousei blah blah blah, don't want to tell everything. Also, his hair looks like he's turning super sayain.
Emi Igawa: She's pretty moody when it comes to her performances because everything has an effect on her (like even weather). She's also the last one out of the "Top 3" together with Takeshi and Kousei. Her playing is really powerful and and leaves an unforgettable impression. Even though she has little screentime, she's the interpret I can relate myself to the most. (not that I can play like her (yet) but overall the most relatable ^^)

Animation: Holy Fuck! Since I watched Guilty Crown, I have not seen an art style as beautiful and fun to watch. Everything looked really "warm" since the most used colors were yellow, orange and light brown. In strong contrast to that, there's Kousei. He usually dresses in black or blue and is black-haired etc etc which symbolizes how colorful his life got after his first encounter with Kaori, and the darkness in Kousei. Even though they ran short on budget towards later and they had to use a lot of still scenes in the "everyday life" passages, the concerts still looked superb imo. But I still can't judge animation quality all that well, so don't really take this as a really valid opinion.

Sound: While the OST was really good to underline the feelings that were supposed to be conveyed in the situation, as stand-alone tracks they are pretty bad, since they have no real "power" on their own. The most amazing part of this anime are the REALLY, REALLY AMAZING performances given throughout the show. Everything just plays toghether so amazingly well during those scenes. And if you want to listen to the performances only, I'd recommend you check out "Boku to Kimi to no Ongakuchou" on youtube. I might even get a copy of the CD :3 Most of the pieces played are simply awesome, but really the most outstanding ones imo were: The 3rd movement of the "Moonlight Sonata" by Beethoven, The "Winter Wind" Etude by Chopin and the piano arrangement of Kreisler's "Love's Sorrow".

Verdict/Opinion:
There isn't much to criticize in this anime, it does pretty much everything on a level that's at least 8/10 for me. The only things that are to criticize would be its inconsistency in animation quality and that you can consider quite melodramatic. That didn't bother me because of two reasons: First, the problems of being a pianist were shown pretty well and matched up a lot with the experiences I've had. Second, who wants to watch something they can get irl, realistic "everyday drama".
I will say I'm pretty opinionated but nobody can deny it's a good anime. I enjoyed it fom the very first second and loved it all the way through. I was waiting 21 weeks, anticipating the Thursday evenings when the first sub would be released. It's my favorite anime rn with Kill La Kill and yeah.. shouldn't be a surprise but..
10/10 would bang again

Hope you had some fun reading and bye :3
Mar 24, 2015 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
Let me criicize Shigatsu for you then. :3

Your Lie in April is a cheesy drama loaded with inopportune comedy and cringe-worthy dialogue. It has its moments and the musical score/animation are wonderful, but bad directing and the lack of so much as an ounce of subtlety killed it. If you’re one of those mushy-gushy drama lovers, I really can’t recommend against this show since its flaws aren’t too much more egregious than what you would normally see, but if not, I don’t think you need to go out of your way to watch it by any means.
Remember guys, I AM NOT A PARAGON OF TASTE.

I HAVE SHIT TASTE LIKE THE REST OF YOU.
Mar 24, 2015 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
Glad to see this isn't the Hibbington thread anymore XD

Absolute Duo Final Review

My first completed show of the season, and it honestly feels pretty good. This was an average show for me as there were some really glaring issues I had with the story, granted it is a Harem and generally your not going to get the most in-depth stories but my issues were the lack of developed villains. This was the issue that I pointed out in my halfway review and it wasn't resolved. They didn't give K any real development or backstory to really care about him as a villain or a broken soul. They just took the "only want for power" route and it just seemed like an excuse to get the absolute duo power out of the Julie and Tor. I did like most of the cast though, and the blazes, and the school environment they were in. Just what i had issues with was never resolved so it gets a 5.8 out of 10.

I would watch a second season for the cast but generally I'd give it a pass on recomendation only if your a Harem person like me -.^.

Favorite Character:Bunny-Senpai
Least Favorite Character: Kevin Wayfair

[B]Akatsuki no Yona Final Review[/B]
...and from happiness comes heartbreak as we come to the end of something that is going on to my favorites on my profile page. This was a beautifully done slow paced show surrounded by an anime industry that seems to always just want to rush everything. I'm not going to call Yona my favorite character of all time yet but if we get our second season which this show 100% deserves. It might just take it and reign there forever. There better be no studio change either because the art work of their eyes, the sky, the mountain ranges. Adore it.

As for the ending episode, I was scared they were going to leave us on a cliffhanger or jump into a new arc but they thankfully didn't and we pretty much left off from where that fast-forward from episode 1 or 2 had. What I love most about this ending though is I feel like we have gone in a complete circle from where the journey started. This feels like an end of the season.

It's been noted around the club that I'm giving this a 10. Let's also get out of the way that I don't have a least favorite character because I'm pleased with every single character in this series that had some sort of importance. I honestly have nothing to hate on this, it's astonishing but they did it and it will be my 6th 10 out of 10.
Mar 26, 2015 3:24 PM

Dec 2013
[B]Tokyo Ghoul √A Final Review[/b]

So we had two really good episodes that really brought me back into really like this series and then we get this episode that was very lackluster. They gave us so many loose ends at the end that were just going "that is it".

I still like this season more than the first but there really wasn't anything conclusive and for that I'm going to have to bring my grading down from 7.6 last week to 7.3. So thus it's staying as a 7 out of 10.
Mar 27, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Final Review

This is kind of turning into the Hibbington thread again but another show is in the books with Saekano. This show survived through good writing and great characters. Kato at the beginning of the series was absolutely hysterically. I do think she got toned down the second half to progress the other characters. Characters that in their own right aren't bad either in Eriri and Utaha.

Michiru on the other hand didn't live up to the other three girls in the series mainly because i feel she was just rushed in there. I really wasn't feeling episode 11 and it really could of hurt my overall score if we didn't get such a hilarious plot-twist during the finale episode. My ending grade is a 6.8 out of 10(7/10). It did drop a bit because of episodes 10 and 11 but not enough to warrant a point drop from me. If we ever get a season 2 I'll be all on board because of the characters alone.

Favorite Character: Megumi Katou
Least Favorite Character:
Iori Hashima Didn't play the villain role pretty well

[B]Shirobako Final Review[/B]

Now that was a damn good finale episode. It's hard to believe that this show was able to build so many great characters with the maybe 30-35 side characters this show had as it doesn't cheap you out. Every department of the anime studio is represented well in the show and your able to differentiate from studio to studio.

As a slice of life this show needs to feel realistic and confident that 95% can be said as. What some slice of life shows fall victim of is not having a general purpose or people believe that nothing really happens. This show will slap you in the face with plot left and right. This anime is for anyone who is interested in seeing the inner works of shows we watch all year long or people who want to get into the Anime Business or any animation business.

My only thing that was lacking in the show, and i talked about it in the mid-season review, that some of the main 5 girls weren't getting enough development like the CG girl and the Wannabee Voice Actor. That is still the case and my only draw back from the series as they are deemed main characters.

So finally we close the book on this fantastic show with my final rating of a 9.3 out of 10, close to getting a 10 out of 10 but some characters needed a little more development. I'm satisfied with this ending, if we never get another season it leaves you happy for what you got. If it does get a season two...you know i'm up for it XD.

Favorite Character: Aoi Miyamori
Least Favorite Character:Daisuke Hiraoka Never showed any character development to redeem himself to me

[color=brown]Isuca Final Review[/color]

So this won't go down as the worse show i've watched, but it is pretty damn close. I don't really want to type that much about this show so i'm going to keep it brief. The characters suck, the opening and ending is good, the story sucks, and the censoring is god awful.

The finale was probably the best episode of the season and did bring my overall score up a tiny bit for what happened but it's still a 3.1 out of 10. I will 100% not watch another season and achievement for me on finishing it. I did like the villain girl though, she was entertaining.

Favorite Character: Iscua
Least favorite Character:
Shinichirou Asano Cardboard Cutout MC

Death Parade Final Review

Death Parade was a show that was mainly thought to be just something episodic with no story and at the end of the day we needed up with at least a satisfying ending as I don't really feel there was a cold-cut conclusion to the story but I don't think I would like a radicalizing change in the system over one arbiter either.

Most of the characters were entertaining except around episode 6 with that annoying girl with the animal in her hair. Genti was a bitch too but he served his purpose. Episode 9 was my favorite episode of the season. The ending of that episode will be remembered for a very long time.

As for the last episode...

The last 3 episodes really put the spotlight on Kurokami and I would say that there is a slight drop in my score because even though it was good. It wasn't anything amazing either. My final grade is a 7.8 out of 10(8/10). I really don't see a second season happening and it doesn't really need it.

Favorite Character: Decim
Least Favorite Character: Mayu Arita She did nothing for me.

So there might be a good amount of grammar errors but i'm too lazy to read through all that and edit it...not like many will read it anyways. BAKA!
Mar 27, 2015 9:40 PM

Dec 2012
Hibbington said:
So there might be a good amount of grammar errors but i'm too lazy to read through all that and edit it...not like many will read it anyways. BAKA!

I read them. Just too lazy to write my own stuff sinse I've only been half ass watching 4 shows this season.
Mar 28, 2015 5:57 PM

Oct 2014
Alright, considering that a lot of the animes from spring that i've been watching have ended, i think it's about time i posted here. Alright so i'm just gonna review the animes as a whole not by each individual episode.

[b]Death Parade[/b] Lets talk about the cons first. So the thing that i really didn't like about this anime was the art style of the characters faces, (I like to draw anime characters and art style is a really big thing for me, although some animes like One Piece may have a bad art style but a really good story line), the characters in this anime all had their mouths set really low on their face and i just found it gave them a comical look, this brought the anime down a couple of points for me. (Yeah i'm really focused on art style). The next and last con is that the mystery aspect of this anime was non existent for me, i could predict what would happen next easily and it didn't get me thinking how some animes, like Death Note, have.

Alright Pro time, this anime definitely takes you on a psychological trip down mind fuck lane, i started thinking about death and life until the point where my brain couldn't handle the massive ejaculation of paradox's and just stopped functioning and this would happen every time a new episode of Death Parade came out. I loved this because psychological is a genre that i really enjoy, and even more so when an anime can pull it off like Death Parade did. I enjoyed the dark side of the anime as well and how it mixed with some light hearted activities like darts and arcade games.

All in all, this is an anime that i thoroughly enjoyed. It left a lot of gaps and holes that could be filled by, fingers crossed, a second season. (Which is nearly all ways a good thing). I recommend this anime set at a high priority and I give it a 7/10.

Tokyo Ghoul Route A Cons first, there isn't a lot of cons in this anime, but there is a couple. First i didn't like how the anime focused on the agents at CCG (<--- I hate these guys) I really wanted to see more character development regarding the ghouls. Second, I may have forgotten, but i don't remember getting a back story with Kaya and Koma.

Now for the Pros, this anime definitely kept to the awesome action scenes and drama that were in the first season. I also liked how Kaneki, despite getting much stronger, still has a lot of characters that would be able to beat him in a fight. This means that i was kept on the edge of my seat because there was a likely chance that one of these characters could appear and take Kaneki on in a brawl. I personally thought that the end of this anime was the best part as it was the most intense and action packed, with a few psychologically devastating scenes.

Over all it gave me the feeling that the first season gave me, which is "I WANT MORE". I give this season of Tokyo Ghoul a recommendation set at a high priority and a score of 9/10.

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Not going to say much about this anime. I hated the art style of this anime, every character was loli including the protagonist who is the only boy, (he also looks like a female). He has a generic protagonist persona that pissed me off, the fight scenes looked like they belonged in a barbie action movie and the anime goes absolutely fucking no where.

This anime was terrible, it doesn't get a recommendation as it is a waste of 4 hours. I gave this anime a rating of 2/10.

Absolute Duo Cons first, the main con with this anime is that i hate the character Julie, i don't know why i just instinctively hate her. Apart from that, i didn't see a lot of strength progression with Tor as he sorta just hung back and didn't do all to much except protect shit with his shield thing. Even though i despise ecchi, this anime didn't take it too far, which i appreciate.

Pros, I love harem and especially when its well done in action animes like Absolute Duo. I also like the power and strength progression with a lot of the characters including Julie, (even though i hate her), it kept me engaged and excited to see what powers they would unlock next.

So i give this anime a recommendation with a low priority, there are better animes out there that you should watch before Absolute Duo. I give this anime a 7/10.

Thats all the animes that i've been watching covered. When Seiken Tsukai no World Break finishes, i'll put a review up here about it. Feel free to disagree or agree with me but remember its all opinions.
WymsicalMar 28, 2015 10:27 PM
Mar 30, 2015 8:01 AM

Dec 2014
So, since Ive had some problems with my PC the last week, I havent been able to watch any of the last episodes of the series I watched this season. (it's the hardest thing to hold out ever when there's 7 series where you're missing the final ep, believe me on this one). But I just managed to watch the last ep of Kiseijuu and I'll give y'all my quick opinion on it:
So, the whole anime community was hyped about the new psychologicial masterpiece that awaited us, or so I and a lot of others thought. Don't get me wrong, it was a good show but towards the end, it just lacked and turned into something 'eh'. The Eps 5-15 were amazing in having one of the best, but also most easy to get character developments in the last years in the form of Shinnichi. After that, it just went in the direction of "okay, we got a fanboy community now, let's just pander towards the 'cool kids' now." It wasnt bad, but it was nowhere near as fun as the middle part and I was actually glad when I finished the series now, so that I can move on to something new.
Overall, it gets a score of.. hmmmmm 7.3 because I couldnt enjoy this show after ep 18.
Mar 30, 2015 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
@Wym I personally liked the development of the CCG so we can learn more about the build of the characters instead of being a backwards organization

[B]Log Horizon Season 2 Final Review[/B]

This season started off pretty well with the development and conclusion with William Massachusetts and Demikas during the raid in the first half but then saw several OVA like episodes and traveling episodes that completely screwed up the pacing. Then we got this weird storyline about aliens draining MP for life source or something and it got really questionable at the end. The second half really just came to being average, which is a 6 out of 10 for me. So if you put the 8 out of 10 I gave the first half I'll settle my grade as a 7 out of 10.

At the end of the day the base environment that has been built for 50 episodes is still there, the characters that you've come to adore are still there. So even with the disappointing second half I'm not going to bury the series over one weird plot point.

Favorite Character: William Massachusetts Great Speech.
Least Favorite Character: Intix Pretty crappy villain so far.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break Final Review

So this anime barely escaped tying Mahou Sensou as my lowest completed show with a above average conclusion episode that leaves you in the state where you feel the anime has made a full circle.

That still doesn't change the fact that throughout the entire anime we've seen high volatility in fast pacing that really was painful in the Russian Branch Arc. Not to mention pretty much all the characters were nothing special. There isn't any character that really stood out from the pack. There was some things the MC said that helped progress character development with a few of the girls but it still wasn't anything.

My final grading is a 3.1 out of 10.
Avoid this show, would not watch a season 2.

[color=LightSeaGreen]Sengoku Musou Final Review[/color]

So i'm a pretty big fanboy of the series Dynasty Warriors made by Koei and when i heard there was an anime made based off the game Samurai Warriors 4 I knew that I would watch the series.

The series itself isn't necessarily bad, it's just that it's very under budget and I feel like all the characters I like kind of die...so it turns me off on the story. Nevertheless I will probably pick up a copy of Samurai Warriors 4 thanks the the series so I'll give a straight 6 out of 10 for the effort.
Apr 1, 2015 1:01 AM

Oct 2014
@Hib they can stay a backwards organisation for all i care xD

Seiken Tsukai no World Break To tell you the truth i was really enjoying this anime, the powers and development of those powers seen in Moroha were good, (although the way he obtained these powers was pretty boring. C'mon, remembering powers?). The animation was very good, especially the dragon metaphysical at the end arc, i didn't like how the eyes of the characters were animated though. This anime goes into quite a bit of back story and i did enjoy this because its always nice to find out about a characters past. I liked pretty much every character in this anime except for Satsuki (i actually wanted to punch the bitch) and the developing of the relationships were pretty good. The one main thing about this anime that brought it down a lot of points was the end. *sigh* The ending was like they took all the generic lines from every typical happy-go-lucky ending out there and mashed them up into one giant pile of shitty, conventional, "YAY WE BEAT THE BAD GUYS" goo. I HATED THE ENDING. Throughout the whole last episode i was groaning in pain as i watched a pretty enjoyable anime, end on the worst note possible (for me).

All in all, i give Seiken Tsukai no World Break a recommendation with a priority at low and a final score of 6/10
WymsicalApr 1, 2015 1:15 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
Today, 5:35 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.