Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 3, 2015 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp we got a new OP song this episode. Personally though, I thought the first OP song was much more catchier.

They went with a lot of action this episode although I'm kinda disappointed by the team at first. Didn't know Salia was that devoted to her job. Kinda surprised that Embryo knows a version of the song as well. I wonder if we will get more background story from him?

Image from new OP song:
Jan 3, 2015 9:14 AM

Dec 2012
full of yuri ******
ey where did you watch??
its not out yet in gogoanime
Jan 3, 2015 10:09 AM

Nov 2008
New and awesome OP

Good god this episode started with a bang and Julio got what he deserved except by Embryo and not Ange. Also wtf is with Embryo anyway he had the ability to heal wounds and reviving the dead especially Chris when she was sniped and seconds away from death, he's all over the place in pretty quick fashion and he knows a version of the same dragon song Ange does, he has to be using mana, it makes sense since he created it.

Jan 3, 2015 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
I also like opening 1 than opening 2 but the ending is great. I want to watch Sala's team.
Jan 3, 2015 10:25 AM
May 2013
Only checked out the new OP and ED since I can't understand japanese. Would have prefered the new ED to be the new OP but the new OP is still alright. Sadly they didn't change too much of the visuals of the OP and ED. Would have prefered new scenes. Maybe they will add some new scenes in the next couple of episodes.
Jan 3, 2015 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
poor Julio get eradicated well then suppose Silvia is the empress of Misurugi now?

i think Ange is transported to other dimension
Jan 3, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2008
Pretty awesome episode. To bad they couldn't finish OP and ED on time.
Embryo's God power.
All the kids got burnt to death
Ange's mech seems to have two modes at least, red mode with force shield and blue mode with teleportation.
Jan 3, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
Aroduc's on the case, has new OP too.

Tenka Seiha
Jan 3, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
let's sum up

yellow villkiss is super laser mode
red villkiss is berserker/tanky mode
blue villkiss is ninjad/teleport mode
bruh
Jan 3, 2015 12:35 PM
Dec 2014
OP 1 was better.

That said though, this episode was glorious.
Jan 3, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
Largo93 said:
OP 1 was better.

Animation wise the new OP has a fair bit of episode footage suggesting it's not finished yet, either to avoid spoilers or due to time constraints (bearing in mind the fucking appalling production values so far probably the latter).

They were fiddling with the old OP pretty much up until the last episode.

Definitely not sure about the song though, will probably grow on me.
Jan 3, 2015 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Am I glad this Anime came back this weekend. Just glad Ange brother is no more. Chris got shot then revive. Death flag happen when Hilda took a bullet for her. I just hope none of the remaining cast get kill, but knowing any mecha Anime that is not the case.
Jan 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2014
embryo be like

wut just happen...
Jan 3, 2015 6:51 PM

Dec 2014
"Bring out the flame flower! Burn everyone including the children!" So hardcore. Reminds me of that scene from The End of Evangelion, except funnier.
My only complaint is that not even one supporting character from Norma's side died in this episode, you think they would at least put one cheesy death but no, everyone got out okay. Come on, Mitsuo Fukuda, surely you can do more than that.
Jan 3, 2015 8:03 PM
Dec 2014
acrimonious said:
Largo93 said:
OP 1 was better.

Animation wise the new OP has a fair bit of episode footage suggesting it's not finished yet, either to avoid spoilers or due to time constraints (bearing in mind the fucking appalling production values so far probably the latter).

They were fiddling with the old OP pretty much up until the last episode.

Definitely not sure about the song though, will probably grow on me.

True, true. I've been hearing on certain sites that Fukuda himself confirmed this (although I myself haven't bothered to check if it's even true).

Meh, it got to show off the delicious DRAGON ladies at least, so there's the good in that.
Jan 3, 2015 10:52 PM
Jun 2014
OP02 and ED02 as well..
Roseanne Maceda
Jan 4, 2015 12:59 AM
Dec 2014
I take it back. OP 2 is worse than I thought initially. The song sounds like some Crimson Loneliness wannabe.
Jan 4, 2015 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
Embyro-sama is my new lord and saviour

all hail singing mecha jesus
Jan 4, 2015 3:11 AM

Jul 2012
First OP is way better. Good job, Julio is gone! Who is this Embryo guy? :O
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jan 4, 2015 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
ugh next episode is with tusk....i really hate that guy
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 4, 2015 3:16 AM
Dec 2014
so....

is this 25 episodes end or more like gundam that has 25 episodes times 2?

i wouldnt mind a 50 episodes cross ange
Jan 4, 2015 3:38 AM

May 2009
OP upgrades. Panties are now better visable
Jan 4, 2015 3:43 AM

Oct 2013

Thank god, almost dropped it.
Still have no clue who this Embryo guy is or what's his deal, he now wants to side with the Norma's?
Is it because he shares the same goal as the Norma?
Celestia-L20XXJan 4, 2015 3:46 AM
Jan 4, 2015 3:46 AM

Sep 2009
Sunrise Studio 8 already had Buddy Complex sequel and Love Live movie serquel planned (and there are rumors about Horizon S3 this year) so no wonder production is worser than they have in general but it's still normal for me.

And I really like both new OP and ED. Just hope they'll fix the video next ep
Jan 4, 2015 3:51 AM

Feb 2013
So the Vilkiss turned gold before, now it turns red and blue from ransom flashes of Ange's ring. what?

Also whenever an anime reuses the visuals on a new OP/ED, it just feels lazy...
Jan 4, 2015 3:52 AM

May 2010
He sure has a nice sounding voice ;) Awesome episode.
Jan 4, 2015 3:59 AM

Oct 2013
JPthugnificent said:
So the Vilkiss turned gold before, now it turns red and blue from ransom flashes of Ange's ring. what?

Also whenever an anime reuses the visuals on a new OP/ED, it just feels lazy...

It'll probably be fixed next episode. The song really didn't fit the visuals.
Jan 4, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
shit opening, very good ending.
and the opening clip still unfinished
embryo is literally jesus, revive the dead and dem sexy voice lol
and vilkiss now have all of valvrave OP ability combined into 1

is this the first anime who have both good plot and PLOT? need more, 52 episode plsss
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 4, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2013
Oh gosh, the animation in this episode is very bad imo. It felt like they are lacking on budget when they had a break last week.

Also, the new op and ed animation, needs to be improve but welcome back, Yoko Takahashi.

Embryo, you are cool yet odd (dat singing haha) and mysterious but thank you for what have you done to Julio and you might be a rival to Tusk but :>

I was shocked when Chris got shot but thank you again Embryo and wth is your true plan?

Next time we have another Ange and Tusk moment and me so excited.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 4, 2015 4:30 AM

Mar 2014
I thank god everyday that chris didnt die

Also, shout out to the Julio overkill, in opposed to the giant light sword, he ended up just being deleted, well done Mr.embryo-showboating-bastard..... BTW I love you.
zunderdog24Jan 4, 2015 4:42 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jan 4, 2015 4:31 AM

Nov 2012
all of you evangelion fags, remember LCL collection of human souls giant rei in the ending? yeah, thats embryo. thats why he is jesus, everything born from him and return to him, thats why his name is 'embryo' the beginning of life. im2smart
Jan 4, 2015 4:33 AM
Dec 2014
apparently there was a mistake in making the animations for the second opening and ending of episode 13

Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-01-04/cross-ange-creative-producer-regrets-episode-13-opening/.82878

Looking forward for more story development from this anime :) so far so good keep it up Fukuda! :3
Jan 4, 2015 4:45 AM

May 2013
sonakoto said:
apparently there was a mistake in making the animations for the second opening and ending of episode 13

Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-01-04/cross-ange-creative-producer-regrets-episode-13-opening/.82878

Looking forward for more story development from this anime :) so far so good keep it up Fukuda! :3

Lmao Fukuda haha
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 4, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2013
welp looks like that embryo really is some kind of a god. reviving people like it is nothing.

great episode.

first op was better had more energy

lol @ the op and ed fuck up
Jan 4, 2015 5:18 AM

Jul 2009
I prefer 1st ED.

I wonder what will happen to Hilda while Ange and Tusk are gone in another world
bruh
Jan 4, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2012
kei78 said:
I prefer 1st ED.

I wonder what will happen to Hilda while Ange and Tusk are gone in another world
meet sala&friend and make new harem of course
Jan 4, 2015 5:32 AM

Dec 2007
It amuses me how distraught Ange is that the dragons are humans. Because that makes such a big difference? No. No it doesn't. I mean, she personally had been killing them as a bit of a sport, which is a bit messed up, but the main reason they're killing dragons is because they attack first. She didn't have a problem in this episode shooting human soldiers in the head. Because it was in self defense! It's the same thing.

I'm not sure what the funniest part was in this episode. A good candidate is how they introduced new pilots as if they have been long acquaintances of Hilda's, only for them to show off how the human weapons work. They weren't redshirts at aall~ Though i guess Ange destroyed all the human ships, so maybe these new characters will actually get to play a part. Maybe.

But there was a lot of plot happening in this episode. Embryo killing the prince was nice. And then that demon lady... hid in a missile? That was pretty weird. What is she even doing here? And we still don't know what she did to Silvia. Maybe she will be her new sex slave instead of Julio since she should be the queen now. Then we'll get even more yuri!
Jan 4, 2015 5:38 AM

Oct 2014
More Tusk is always welcome.. He's been kinda useless though.
So much happening this ep <_<
Jan 4, 2015 5:51 AM

Jul 2008
It's so satisfying to see Norma killing the humans :D Tusk may be right about Embryo being the bad guy but that guy saved a lot of Norma so it would have been fair to leave him and Ange alone at the time. Looks like Villkiss has various special abilities with the different colour transformation.

I thought every girl in Ange's team was fated for death after Chris got shot but now I have a feeling each and every one of them will survive till the finale. But the problem is...the next episode, no no noooo here we go again with the Ange x Tusk alone time again >.< I'm guessing a full fanservice episode there which is a waste of an episode.
Jan 4, 2015 6:04 AM

Jun 2012
Woo Cross Ange's back, and I didn't think I'd say that when I first started watching the series.

Tusk being a boss saving Vivian in style. New OP and ED were nice but a lot of re-used animation from first ones so I'm guessing they're not finished yet. Actually just seen the article regarding that so I guess it'll be changed next week.

Embryo seems pretty overpowered but he's making for a pretty interesting character to watch, and it was nice to hear a male rendition of that song.
Jan 4, 2015 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Wow just wow, I liked this anime befor,e now it's freaking awesome! And the plot twist, shesus!
I just assumed fictional world all along, but is it possible it's some kind of "alternate universe" to Earth?
What are the dragons really? how did they come to be? are they the old humans?
I WANT MORE!!
Jan 4, 2015 6:36 AM

Jan 2013
Don't like the new OP/ED.
And what's with that singing? It's getting on my nerves :p

Jan 4, 2015 6:39 AM
Nov 2014
Review... of episode 14..
Another bombshell episode.. it seems this show is inching closer and closer to the Matrix solution in my prediction!!!!!!!
The Whole thing is likely a VR simulation of some sort, and these willkiss machines machines are the controlled 'bridges' to CROSS to those alternate realities, hence CROSS ANGE!

There is more than one side to this conflict, it is hard to tell which side that dragon girl is from at this point. But the Embryo guy is likely the Architect! But the program has some how run wild even beyond his control! Hence there were many version of the Matrix resulting many version of Ange and Sala!!

I give credit to the writer to have the balls to pull this sort of plot off and show such gigantic hints in the middle of the show! It would be real hard to get a Sci Fi explanation apart from Matrix solution to explain a lot of the stuff happen!

Next episode will see Ange and Tusk Stranded in the Alternative world where it was destroyed, perhaps the one habit by human turn Dragons!

Once again, a show with yet another NO fan service scenes episode actually came out as one of the best so far.... It is sad to see the fan service element became a must to pull audience. Kudos to Tomino for making Regon-G completely Fan service Free!!

OP is not as good it seems, but from the title, it seems to be rather fitting to the plot, The ending theme is also promising, but my money is on the final OP be the insert song in the last few episodes! I think the OP ED should have switch places lol.

The Kira God mode / Transarm mode sequence and ship destruction sequences were ALL so so Fukuda, and his not surprise to see his name was in the ending credits as animation art direction!

jackausJan 4, 2015 6:45 AM
Jan 4, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
Colour changing mechs (yet another SEED similarity) have the potential to make fights mighty confusing.

At least they didn't pull a Valvrave and tease main bad guy's mech for a whole fucking season before revealing and destroying it in five minutes at the very end of the show...
Jan 4, 2015 6:43 AM

Jun 2013
acrimonious said:
Colour changing mechs (yet another SEED similarity) have the potential to make fights mighty confusing.

At least they didn't pull a Valvrave and tease main bad guy's mech for a whole fucking season before revealing and destroying it in five minutes at the very end of the show...

Cross ange fulfill the gundam need for these two season. Those flying pesky bots are stolen tech from valverave?

Also surprise nobody upload this pic yet. Can't stop laughing at that line.
Jan 4, 2015 6:50 AM

Oct 2014
I just hope Ange ends up with Tusk and not the dragon princess.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 4, 2015 6:52 AM
Nov 2014
sonakoto said:

Source:

Heck, Fukuda feels like HE is the actual series director behind the whole thing!
Jan 4, 2015 7:15 AM

Sep 2010
What a clusterfuck of an opening.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 4, 2015 7:45 AM
Dec 2014
gabyta07 said:
I just hope Ange ends up with Tusk and not the dragon princess.

Yeah me too, thats one of my fears, not an avid fan of yuri here so yeah, hopefully the next episode judging by the title "Ange and Tusk" will make it clearer to us who Ange may end up with HOPEFULLY lol
Jan 4, 2015 7:58 AM

Dec 2013
OP mechs during this glorious, action-filled episode. The deity is getting bored of his plebs xD
mods are cucks
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.