Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
Jan 3, 2015 1:07 AM

This thread is for the elite of the elite in the music realm, for those of us that have transgressed the divide between hobby and compulsive interest this is where we will call our home.

Whether its just the music itself, current affairs within the music industry or the very philosophy of music, join the guild that represents the core of the Music Empire itself.

Jan 3, 2015 1:48 AM

Alright bitches, bow down before me. I'm da kang, and Rorschach-sama is my kwen.

OT: Transpose Chopin's Op 12 in F Minor to B Minor.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!!!
Modified by Izaya, Jan 3, 2015 2:07 AM
Click my sig

Jan 3, 2015 2:13 AM

Izaya-sensei

Jan 3, 2015 2:18 AM

Das right kwens and bitches. All y'all hoes get on ur knees.
Click my sig

Jan 3, 2015 4:43 AM

Btw Izaya, do you play an instrument like a piano or violin etc? (I think you do but still asking)
If you do, you've probably did theory work or if not you self-taught.
Either way just curious.
Modified by xGelai, Jan 3, 2015 4:48 AM

Jan 3, 2015 5:53 AM

No one bows down to anyone. The last thing anyone needs is a bunch of narcissistic otakus (remember rule 3 still applies here). Also yeah I might add any instruments people play and put it up in the first post.

Firstly though, it might help if we all give a brief background on our music. I'll go first

Avid listener of electronic music although I came from the world of metal. DJ'ed for about 3 years and now I aspire to be a producer.
Modified by YesIWantPeanut, Jan 3, 2015 6:01 AM

Jan 3, 2015 9:21 AM

I entered the world of music through the nursery rhymes I learned in nursery school (back in the UK). After moving to America, I began learning the piano, but then dropped it due to lack of interest (but I want to relearn it naw). Then in Elementary school, I got my sense of rhythm, beat, etc. in music class through singing and learning to play the recorder. Then in 6th Grade, I picked up the Violin (a rental, for school orchestra)and began learning how to play it. I also gained my interest in classical music from that. I was terrified of Screamo (lel) at that time too, but now I can listen to some. I really got into edm in middle school while advancing in my violin-playing skills. Then, I was forced to drop out of my school orchestra to make room for Computer Science 1 in 10th Grade. (:'''(] This also meant I had to give away my rental violin which sucked a lot. I then absorbed myself into edm and even tried making some edm-styled songs. (Here's a link to the only 2 I made: https://soundcloud.com/prasanth-sathivell/tracks (you get to see my full name.. kind of (>.>) but what the heck)
I also got introduced to vocaloids through this video when it was first posted on YT:

KIDS REACT to Hatsune Miku
(So that was basically my first Vocaloid song ever)

At first I was like, .......wat? And it actually took me a year, but I ended up getting into vocaloid music and then other JP music. I was also introduced to other genres of music through vocaloid music. (So I wouldn't be listening to any rock or metal if i hadn't come to like vocaloid music) I increasingly became more of an music otaku after my exposure to JP music.
(I do get to play the violin in the music room of my new school (Internation Charter School) every now and then, though it isn't mine so I can't bring it home or anything + there's no school orchestra, so pewp.
And I think that's it! That's my history with music!
(It's actually more of a graze over my history with music, so yeah!)
Modified by Jaymusta, Jan 7, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 3, 2015 12:45 PM

xGelai said:
Btw Izaya, do you play an instrument like a piano or violin etc? (I think you do but still asking)
If you do, you've probably did theory work or if not you self-taught.
Either way just curious.

Meh, tis fine, since Oyakata-blahblah (Peanuts) just said smthg about that.

And anyway, I'm just joking.

But anyway, I've been playing piano for 6 years. I started out with saxaphone, but quit around 7th grade because I found piano more enjoyable.

I love classical music. It's all I will listen to, and its the only music I love.
Click my sig

Jan 3, 2015 1:49 PM

Okay, so you do play an instrument. I play the piano too! For about 5yrs since I started at Grade 6.
Totally enjoy playing the piano too. I play other types of music though I do play classical but usually if its for the piano grades.

I can see why you've included 'Chopin's Op 12 in F Minor to B Minor' since it's a classical... Transposed into the B minor.

Modified by xGelai, Jan 3, 2015 2:44 PM

Jan 3, 2015 2:21 PM
???

Jan 4, 2015 4:03 AM

Are there any Electronic 'experts' here?

Jan 4, 2015 5:06 AM

I don't think I'm an expert but I do listen to a shit ton of diverse electronic music.

Oh nice Jay I'll check out your soundcloud. I haven't updated mine in a long while.

Jan 4, 2015 9:27 AM

Don't expect too much! I didn't and still don't have much experience with making music, but thanks!

Jan 6, 2015 9:39 PM

Aw yeah what you into sist?

Jan 7, 2015 5:41 AM

Drum and Bass, Dubstep, House, UK Garage, Techno, Bigbeat/Breakbeat etc. I forgot the name of it but the music Pogo makes yeah that haha. And the subgenres within these LOL

And the trippy stuff like Flying Lotus idk if you're familiar with his music but it's pretty amazing.

I'm kinda exploring trance right now.

Jan 7, 2015 4:12 PM

Aw nice. Guess our tastes have a considerable overlap. I'm also into Drum and Bass, (Neuro Funk is by far my favorite sub-genre), Breakbeat & Dubstep. Big into Electro-House/Hard Electro/Complextro. Dont actively seek out House/Techno/Trance but I still like it.

Right now I've been getting into a lot of Experimental/Left-field/glitch type tracks from artists like Culprate, Sorrow, Sh?m & Asa.

Jan 7, 2015 4:19 PM

Hey Izaya your comments on classical music made me reminisce about the music I uses to listen to so I did a YT search on some bands. Came across these beauties. They're still and always will be my favorite band.

Jan 8, 2015 3:20 AM

Speaking of solos

This is awesome, can some one play this on the guitar here ? :D If anyone plays it of course.

Jan 8, 2015 9:29 AM

Izaya-sensei you should watch Sakamichi no Apollon. you might be just like Kaoru "Richie" Nishimi. He loves classical and he plays the piano.

Jan 11, 2015 4:06 PM
Izaya? You BETTER IMPRESS ME in the Durarara Second Season!!!!!

(^.^)/(^.^)

Jan 13, 2015 3:02 PM

I recently discovered, well not recently. I discovered this moment Japanese hip hop, or more correctly, this, and I'm loving it.

Do any of you listen something like this, what do you think about it, and could you share some good tracks similar to this one if you listen something like this ? :3

Jan 13, 2015 6:19 PM
idk does korean hip hop count?

Jan 16, 2015 10:13 AM

Kpop is awesome tbh. Best song is Red Light from last year
Click my sig

Jan 16, 2015 10:46 AM

Fart, check out maccho, norikiyo - beats & rhyme. I can't post the vid cuz I'm on my phone :/

I don't listen to kpop that much, just yoon mirae and lee hi and 1 song of girls' generation lol

Jan 16, 2015 9:24 PM

Rap or hip hop is not my taste of music.
It mostly country, J-Rock, J-pop and few EDM music I listen to.

Although, that video (Hero of our time) is interesting to watch!
You gotta do what you gotta do.

Jan 17, 2015 8:07 AM

Oh Nickel, in terms of making your own music, you should try GarageBand!! You can record/produce instrumental music and record your own voice I think then put it together. Also has beats and you can create a song with that. And its free if I remember that correctly!
Also yeah, D-Sist recommeneded some others in the Introduction in response to your comment.

Jan 17, 2015 5:55 PM

Listen to Rachmaninoff's Toccatas.

THE BEST.
Click my sig

Jan 17, 2015 6:52 PM

I should give him a listen and comment back when I'm done

Also Gelai, I left a comment at your profile about your comment
You gotta do what you gotta do.

Jan 20, 2015 9:10 PM

Feb 15, 2015 9:45 PM

I also recommend 'Sakamichi no Apollon.' Granted you can get past the cliche teenage drama.

[I do realise I am late with this post]